What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you beat Mayweather in a fight with sword-hands? (1 Viewer)

Good Posting Judge

Footballguy
Assume they extend out one foot from your wrist and are sharp enough to do serious damage...could you kill Mayweather before he beat you into a pulp?

It stands to reason if you could get a sword hand on him then he would be cut and thus bleed. And as we learned in Predator AND Rocky 4, if it bleeds you can kill it.

Does money get to wear Kevlar gloves that deflect the swords? If so the answer is "no" as he would easily block everything you tried, punch you once in the nose with a jab and that would be that. Come to think of it I think he wins anyway. You'd chase him around like a crazy person and at the exact moment that your weight and momentum dictates that you couldn't swing he would punch you in the nose with a jab and that would be that.

It stands to reason if you could get a sword hand on him then he would be cut and thus bleed. And as we learned in Predator AND Rocky 4, if it bleeds you can kill it.

Does money get to wear Kevlar gloves that deflect the swords? If so the answer is "no" as he would easily block everything you tried, punch you once in the nose with a jab and that would be that. Come to think of it I think he wins anyway. You'd chase him around like a crazy person and at the exact moment that your weight and momentum dictates that you couldn't swing he would punch you in the nose with a jab and that would be that.
He wouldn't get to wear any sort of special protective clothing.

He wouldn't get to wear any sort of special protective clothing.
I still think he wins. How heavy are the sword hands? My arms would get tired at some juncture and then he would *pounce*

No... I'd say "yes" with a gun, but part of me thinks he could dodge the bullets like the Matrix..

So, give me a double barrel shotgun loaded with buckshot and I'd say my odds are 50/50..

Sword hands?? He'd use my momentum against me, spin me around and punch me in the back of my head and decapitate me... game over.

If I had longer arms I think I could but since I have alligator arms I am not sure my reach would be longer than his even with extra 6 inches.

If my arms were long enough, I would never attack. As mentioned, he would simply wait for you to get tired or slip, or go off balance. I would stay as defensive as possible and make him come in to the extended swords and use short jabs to keep my balance, wind, and defensive posture. I would try and take him out with a hundred small cuts.

Are they vorpal blades? If so then I'd think I have a chance.

In all seriousness no way. He'd jab me once in the nose and I'd be done...I haven't taken a punch from anyone in over 20 years.

I don't see the average person winning unless the first stab is through his jugular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why in the world would you chase him around? Make him come to you and your scissor hands of death.

Are we talking boxing rules here, or is this a fight to the death? If (when) he knocks me down I'm not sure I could get back up with swordhands.

Not winnable.

If I try to strike first he'll duck and counterpunch once, for the KO.

If I start defensively he'll punch and either hit my face for the KO or I'll try to block him and his punch will drive my sword hands through my own face for the TKO.

A normal average joe without boxing experience wouldn't have a chance, they wouldn't be able to get near him.
It has been asked numerous times in thread, but why would you go after him? If the swords give you a reach advantage, back you self into the corner and wait for him to come into your extended arms.

If I had longer arms I think I could but since I have alligator arms I am not sure my reach would be longer than his even with extra 6 inches.
Use your right sword hand to cut off your left arm at the elbow then shish kabob your left forearm onto your right sword.

Viola! Longer reach.

Use your right sword hand to cut off your left arm at the elbow then shish kabob your left forearm onto your right sword.

Viola! Longer reach.
Ignoring how you got there, it does bring up an interesting question.

If fighting a top boxer, would you prefer one extremely long sword, or two swords that are medium length?

I feel like I could protect myself better with the two swords and be more likely to get him to not be able to dodge both when I am turtling in corner v

I'm no fighter. Not even close. But if I had swords, I don't care how quick and hard the guy punches. If I ran at him and swung at center mass, I win even if I get knocked out for a couple days.

I'm no fighter. Not even close. But if I had swords, I don't care how quick and hard the guy punches. If I ran at him and swung at center mass, I win even if I get knocked out for a couple days.
:goodposting: I get that the guy has quick hands and feet, but it's not like he's Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punch Out, teleporting around the ring

UOFI_316 said:
Can I have Ricardo Mayorga in my corner?? If so, I will definitely win.
How much Barefoot white wine will he have consumed?
I just tell him that Mayweather swapped out all his wine for water, Mayorga jumps in the ring with a knife and kills Mayweather for me. As payment I give Mayorga Mayweather's IPhone. Everyone goes home happy.

Good Posting Judge said:
Assume they extend out one foot from your wrist and are sharp enough to do serious damage...could you kill Mayweather before he beat you into a pulp?
Easily. Dude bought boxing gloves to a knife fight. One foot past my wrist? C'mon, he couldn't even reach me with his jab without feeling the knives go into him. I'd hold one out towards him and the minute he tried to punch it out of the way, his head would come flying off.

TheIronSheik said:
Until he just sidesteps your reckless plunge and pops you a few times while you flail around.

TheIronSheik said:
Until he just sidesteps your reckless plunge and pops you a few times while you flail around.
I don't think, in a ring, someone could sidestep me swinging two swords. It's not like I'd run at him like Bald Bull.

TheIronSheik said:
I don't think, in a ring, someone could sidestep me swinging two swords. It's not like I'd run at him like Bald Bull.
They only extend 1 foot from your wrists so assuming your fist is about 5 inches long it's just adding 7 inches to your reach so basically your wielding a couple of kitchen knives. My guess is a professional like Mayweather would be able to pepper you in the face without even getting touched.

TheIronSheik said:
They only extend 1 foot from your wrists so assuming your fist is about 5 inches long it's just adding 7 inches to your reach so basically your wielding a couple of kitchen knives. My guess is a professional like Mayweather would be able to pepper you in the face without even getting touched.
I doubt that very much. Even if he swings, he has to get through small swords. If I point the left one at him, I can keep him at bay until he's cornered. Anyone who thinks a boxer would come at a guy with swords is nuts. Plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread