What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COUNTER OFFER: Go get AJ Green? (1 Viewer)

What should I do with these offers?

• Accept his offer (GIVE: Miller, Foreman, Fitz GET: AJ Green, 2.07)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Counter offer (GIVE: Miller, Foreman, Fitz GET: AJ Green, 1.09)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Thank him for the discussion and move on

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Counter offer something else (which I'll tell you all about in my comment!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex WR/RB, TE.  Roster on the bottom of the post.

Due to contract restrictions, the team with AJ Green can't resign him after this year so I thought I'd hit him up to see if I could target him.

I offered:
I give: Miller/Foreman, Fitz, 2019 1st
I get: AJ Green, 1.09, 2.07

He just countered:
I give: Miller, Foreman, Fitz
I get: AJ Green, 2.07

I just drafted Penny (was torn between him and Michael) and was trying to get 1.09 as well but looks like he stripped both the 1st picks out of it (my 2019 1st and his 1.09).

My general thoughts are:
I like the upgrade from Fitz to Green and I can have Green for the next few years but this leave me very, very thin at RB with only hae Collins at RB (whom I do like and I only have to start one RB).

As a counter, I could ask for his 1.09 instead of his 2.07 but that would get me Michel still leaving me very thin at RB to start (although Carson and Dion Lewis are available in the rookie FA draft who I could take a stab at in the 2nd or 3rd as a stopgap to get me through)

What say the wisdom of the forum? Would love to see your vote as well as some thoughts on why you voted that way.

Leave a link and I'll do my best with your question. Thanks!   :thumbup:

QB – D. Brees
RB – L. Miller, A. Collins, D. Booker, D. Foreman, E. McGuire, R. Penny (R)
WR – O. Beckham D. Bryant, E. Sanders, M .Lee, L. Fitzgerald, T, Ginn, L. Treadwell, K. White 
TE – R. Gronkowski, T. Eifert
2018 rookie/FA picks: 1.12, 2.08, 3.08, 4.08

Total pass. Move on. Your RB's are too thin to do the trade.
thanks for answering!

It being dynasty, would you do it if you could get the 1.09 instead of the 1.07 and get Michel (yes, I know he's hurt).  Also, would still have my 2019 1st as draft capital to get a RB if need be.  Would that change things for you?

What RB's (rookie or otherwise) would be available to you at the 1.09 pick in your estimation?

I'm not loving this trade b/c it obviously leaves you very thin at RB, but if you can recoup that with another RB2 with the 1.09 pick, then it might be worth making the trade. 

take a look at mine:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/768938-3rd-keeper-david-johnson-1st-a-collins-17-or-k-drake-17-whir/?
Already grabbed Penny at 1.08 and Michel is there at 1.09.

Thinking about asking for 1.09 or D. Henry (who he has) instead of the 2.07.

I'd still pass.Your WRs are more than adequate and you are giving up too much for Green. My question is if the draft has already started and the guy cant keep Green how is he not n the player pool?

I'd still pass.Your WRs are more than adequate and you are giving up too much for Green. My question is if the draft has already started and the guy cant keep Green how is he not n the player pool?
To clarify, this is his last year with Green.  He looses him after this year if he doesn't trade him.

Users who are viewing this thread