What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Countup to 300 wins (1 Viewer)

Homer Bailey pitched six innings of no-hit ball and struck out nine Thursday for Single-A Daytona.

If Reds manager Jerry Narron had his way, Bailey would probably be filling in for Eric Milton right now. Still, the 2004 first-round pick hasn't displayed any consistency at all as a professional. He has remarkable upside, but he's likely at least one and maybe two years away. Apr. 28 - 2:24 pm et

Jason Godin gonna be the Shiz next year.

GB ODU.

Edit: He's only a Jr...so I may be a year off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homer Bailey pitched six innings of no-hit ball and struck out nine Thursday for Single-A Daytona.

If Reds manager Jerry Narron had his way, Bailey would probably be filling in for Eric Milton right now. Still, the 2004 first-round pick hasn't displayed any consistency at all as a professional. He has remarkable upside, but he's likely at least one and maybe two years away. Apr. 28 - 2:24 pm et
Dayton, not Daytona.

If he is anywhere near Cincinnati before 2008, the entire FO should be drawn and quartered.

He finally was lights out last night and he should be left in Dayton to dominate this year. Let him see Chatanooga in 2007 with a possible callup to Louisville in the 2nd half of next season and THEN we can talk about seeing him with the big club. Until then, let the kid dominate a level first.

"Coddle thy pitchers, challenge thy hitters"

-fe

Great debut. Now let him dominate for the rest of the season and please don't bring him up this year...

-fe
What would it hurt to bring him up in August and start him out in the bullpen?

From Phila. Inquirer:

-- Reds manager Jerry Narron was so impressed with 20-year-old righthander Homer Bailey in spring training that he's been pestering general manager Wayne Krivsky to bring him up. Krivsky has jokingly responded by whiting out all references to Bailey, who was recently promoted to Double A Chattanooga, in the minor league reports that Narron receives.
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/14936239.htm(registration required, but free)

11 starts in AA.

6-0

1.16 ERA

Call him up!
As adament as I have been about Bailey not seeing Cincinnati except as a fan prior to 2008, the kid is simply destroying AA. And that's VERY impressive as a 20 y.o.As tempted as I am to want to join the herd and have him come up and pitch in the playoffs (1st place as of 15 mins ago), I still fear him being rushed. His command has faultered the last couple of starts.

Last night's line: 5I 3H 0R 3W 4K's.

Bailey's walks have really flown up recently, a sign of fatigue. He now has thrown 133 IP, which is about 30 more than last year. Although fatigue only becomes a problem if it leads to mechanical breakdowns. They should be watching his every movement with 3 sets of eyes and then going over game tape afterwards to make sure he isn't losing his form and heightening his chances for injuries.

I have no problem with them letting Bailey pitch in the AA playoffs, but they should be on him like a hawk for any sign of trouble.

Another possible reason, though is that he's being told to throw more offspeed stuff which he doesn't control as well. Without being at the games and charting pitches it's hard to know which.

Either way, this kid is a bonafide STUD & ACE...He...just...turned..twenty. Ladies and gentlemen, barring any major setbacks, we have our ace of the future.

The future may be sooner than we think.

-fe

The series vs. the Indians is usually one of the few that get sold out. Those tickets are going to be even harder to come by now! Scalpers will make a pretty penny next Saturday.

Just a minor setback.
The Associated Press' Joe Kay reports Cincinnati Reds SP Homer Bailey detected an unspecified flaw in his pitching mechanics while watching video of his latest effort Sunday, July 1. Bailey was hit hard for the second consecutive outing. "I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't figure out what it was," said Bailey. "It's a small, mechanical thing."

Homer Bailey was called up again today and is slated to start on Saturday against the Indians.

I know he has been awful in his past call-ups, but all the reports from AAA say that he has looked better than ever, he has added a great split-finger fastball to his repetoire that he has been throwing with great success, and he has showed improvement in his control. He has dominated AAA over the past month, posting a 4-0 record with a 0.47 ERA and 38 Ks to 7 BBs in 5 starts. You gotta keep in mind that he is still only 23 years old, and there's a chance he may still come around and tap into that potential he had. I had an open roster spot, so I figured I'd pick him up and wait and see what happens. Of course, he could self-destruct again, but I figured his upside is likely higher than a lot of other waiver wire fodder out there if you are in a deeper league.

Last edited by a moderator:
so glad i

a) didn't protect him coming in and

b) didn't draft him this year

i really thought he had turned a corner last year in august and september.

clearly, i was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread