What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COVID UPDATE: What is the truth? (1 Viewer)

Click my link and check out the date.

I saw that, but that only means some portion the lay summary section (the first 1/6 or so of the webpage) was either edited or reviewed on that date. The last section of the lay summary, immediately preceding the public assessment report (part of the Dec 2020 authorization) is this:

Other information about BNT162b2

Authorisation for the temporary supply of BNT162b2 was granted in the UK on 1 December 2020.

The full public assessment report for BNT162b2 follows this summary.

This summary was last updated in June 2021.

A marketing authorisation was granted for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (Comirnaty) following a European Commission (EC) decision on 21 December 2020 (PLGB 53632/0002).

The public assessment report is matter of public record and will not be edited or updated. The lay summary ("this summary" in the bolded above) is a separate thing.

I saw that, but that only means some portion the lay summary section (the first 1/6 or so of the webpage) was either edited or reviewed on that date. The last section of the lay summary, immediately preceding the public assessment report (part of the Dec 2020 authorization) is this:

Other information about BNT162b2

Authorisation for the temporary supply of BNT162b2 was granted in the UK on 1 December 2020.

The full public assessment report for BNT162b2 follows
this summary.

This summary was last updated in June 2021.

A marketing authorisation was granted for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (Comirnaty) following a European Commission (EC) decision on 21 December 2020 (PLGB 53632/0002).

The public assessment report is matter of public record and will not be edited or updated. The lay summary ("this summary" in the bolded above) is a separate thing.
Every report I've ever done that includes an updated date means it should reflect the entirety of the article. But I'll give that that may not be the case in this situation. UK should probably update that to avoid confusing, but it is making rounds in the anti-vax world.

So I guess the takeaway from this was that there was a period of time from when the vaccines were released until the data was reviewed where vaccine risks for pregnant and nursing women were unknown and not considered "safe".

Backing out and starting a search of gov.uk, there's a collection of documents included under the packet "Regulatory approval of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19". Updates to the packet are linked and specified. Confusingly, ALL documents within the packet get the same update date whenever another document in the packet gets an update (or when a new document is added to the packet). That means that when you go to one of these webpages in the packet, a recent update date doesn't mean that the contents of a given page are still current or applicable.

Anyway, near the top of the "Regulatory approval ..." link given above is this:

From: Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
Published 2 December 2020
Last updated16 August 2022 — See all updates

When you click on "See all updates" ... the August 16th 2022 update is spelled out:

16 August 2022
Updates to the SmPC (Summary of Product Characteristics - db) and PIL (Patient Information Lealet - db) to include information about receiving a heterologous booster dose in individuals aged 18 years and over. Updated SmPC and PIL for the purple cap product (Comirnaty 30 micrograms/dose concentrate for dispersion for injection) – shelf life and transportation storage time information updated

Looking at past updates, the "lack of data" issue concerning advice for pregnant women -- that issue was rectified within weeks after the 12/15/2020 release of the Public Assessment report. From the same "see all updates" link:

30 December 2020
Updated the Information for UK recipients and the Information for healthcare professionals documents, to reflect changes to the dosage interval, advice for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding and to those with allergies.

16 December 2020
Added an accessible HTML document: Summary of the Public Assessment Report

15 December 2020
Added the Public Assessment Report for the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine

Posts are circulating online claiming a Pfizer document reveals that COVID-19 vaccines are not safe for pregnant women and those breastfeeding. The guidelines, however, are from Britain’s medicines regulator in 2020, not Pfizer; they do not indicate the shots are unsafe during pregnancy or while lactating but highlight a lack of data at the time of publication. (Reuters, 5/5/2022; also see AP, 5/5/2022)

It's strongly recommended that you get vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19) if you're pregnant or breastfeeding ...

If you're pregnant, it's important to get vaccinated to protect you and your baby. The antibodies your body produces in response to the vaccine can also give your baby protection against COVID-19. (UK National Health Service, 7/22/2022, current guidance)

COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.

The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines available in the UK have been shown to be effective and to have a good safety profile. It is important to have your COVID-19 vaccinations to protect you and your baby. (GOV.UK, 4/11/2022)
Oh, FFS!!! Is this real? :lol:

Still haven't gotten Covid that I am aware of. About to get the new booster geared towards Omicron variant (Pfizer).

What awaits me?

Still haven't gotten Covid that I am aware of. About to get the new booster geared towards Omicron variant (Pfizer).

What awaits me?
I want to get it soon, too. Mt coworkers have told me to anticipate a day of feeling crummy to start maybe 6-12 hours after the shot.

What awaits me?

why would you get the booster ?

it doesn't stop you from getting covid, or transmitting it to other people ..... you know that now, right ?

if you're 65 or older, not healthy, obese etc or you're threatened .... I suppose I could see it

What awaits me?
I want to get it soon, too. Mt coworkers have told me to anticipate a day of feeling crummy to start maybe 6-12 hours after the shot.
I got it last month, flu shot in the other arm at the same appointment.

I had less side effects from this one than I did from the initial or first booster. Barely anything noticeable.

What awaits me?

it doesn't stop you from getting covid, or transmitting it to other people ..... you know that now, right ?

if you're 65 or older, not healthy, obese etc or you're threatened .... I suppose I could see it
It actually does reduce transmission. By having your body primed for the fight, the virus will be able to replicate less and therefor, spread less easily.

It also lessens symptoms. I knew 2 dead people who were under 65 (mid 40s), healthy, and not obese and well, they're dead because they didn't get the vaccine. Covid killed them. It's more than just avoiding death, the vaccine could be the difference between 2 weeks on a respirator vs having a mild fever and headache for a couple days.

Got my second shingles shot last week, felt like crap 8 hrs on until the next day. Covid booster is next Friday, hoping for better.

What awaits me?

I had less side effects from this one than I did from the initial or first booster. Barely anything noticeable.
I got my second booster last Thursday. Felt like crap all day Friday - worst side effects for me vs the original shots or 1st booster. I mean, I still went to work but was tired, brain was foggy, body was achy, etc.*

*symptoms could also have been related to a terrible Bronco game on Thursday night,

What awaits me?

It actually does reduce transmission. By having your body primed for the fight, the virus will be able to replicate less and therefor, spread less easily.

It also lessens symptoms. I knew 2 dead people who were under 65 (mid 40s), healthy, and not obese and well, they're dead because they didn't get the vaccine. Covid killed them. It's more than just avoiding death, the vaccine could be the difference between 2 weeks on a respirator vs having a mild fever and headache for a couple days.

Saying someone died because they didn't get the vaccine is conjecture. Also saying that Pfizer didn't do testing with respect to covid transmission also doesn't mean anything other than they didn't test for it.

What awaits me?

This new one is geared towards BA5 or whatever so why not.

Haven't had Covid yet following all the docs advice so sticking with it.

What awaits me?

I got my second booster last Thursday. Felt like crap all day Friday - worst side effects for me vs the original shots or 1st booster. I mean, I still went to work but was tired, brain was foggy, body was achy, etc.*

*symptoms could also have been related to a terrible Bronco game on Thursday night,
Hmm, yeah, this probably discredits your first statement. I had Broncos -3 and also felt pretty ill on Friday.

When asked if the company's product testing covered "stopping the transmission of the virus before it entered the market," Small said, "No ... you know, we had to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is happening in the market."

remember when all the shotted people blamed the spread of covid on the non-shotted ?
Who can forget ALL the grandparents that were put at risk.

What awaits me?

Hmm, yeah, this probably discredits your first statement. I had Broncos -3 and also felt pretty ill on Friday.
would it make you feel better if I told you my recovery regimen? It involved bourbon and low-dose edibles. Slept like a baby Friday night and have felt fantastic ever since.

When asked if the company's product testing covered "stopping the transmission of the virus before it entered the market," Small said, "No ... you know, we had to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is happening in the market."

remember when all the shotted people blamed the spread of covid on the non-shotted ?
I don't know the veracity of that story, but even if it is true, and they didn't test the vaccine to find out if it helped prevent transmission - well, it actually did prevent transmission. Like by a lot. So yes, we should not forget all the grandparents that are still kicking around, for many of them have the vaccine to thank for that

What awaits me?

would it make you feel better if I told you my recovery regimen? It involved bourbon and low-dose edibles. Slept like a baby Friday night and have felt fantastic ever since.
I'll be honest, I'm asking because I had a jury trial go off my calendar this week so I'm strongly considering scheduling the booster and my flu shot for tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon anticipating spending Friday in a haze of edibles and Netflix. Just need to make sure I can justify taking the whole day off. This is what I did with the first booster (and I genuinely felt awful the next day) and made a mental note to do the same plan again assuming the booster knocks you out.

What awaits me?

Saying someone died because they didn't get the vaccine is conjecture. Also saying that Pfizer didn't do testing with respect to covid transmission also doesn't mean anything other than they didn't test for it.
Okay. They died of Covid. They didn't get vaccinated. Would they have died if they had gotten vaccinated? The numbers say probably not.

What awaits me?

I'll be honest, I'm asking because I had a jury trial go off my calendar this week so I'm strongly considering scheduling the booster and my flu shot for tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon anticipating spending Friday in a haze of edibles and Netflix. Just need to make sure I can justify taking the whole day off. This is what I did with the first booster (and I genuinely felt awful the next day) and made a mental note to do the same plan again assuming the booster knocks you out.

I got both the booster and flu shot at the same time a few weeks ago. Didn't affect me at all. Played 18 the next day.

I don't know the veracity of that story, but even if it is true, and they didn't test the vaccine to find out if it helped prevent transmission - well, it actually did prevent transmission. Like by a lot. So yes, we should not forget all the grandparents that are still kicking around, for many of them have the vaccine to thank for that

oh that was a big thing - you don't remember ?

unvaxxed people were accused of spreading covid, keeping the variants alive, literally accused of killing people ........

oh that was a big thing - you don't remember ?

unvaxxed people were accused of spreading covid, keeping the variants alive, literally accused of killing people ........
And this fact hasn't changed. The initial variant ran rampant through the unvaxxed

Andrew Cuomo

A great deal of this is so many people have had covid I think apathy level is pretty high IMO.

don't you think everyone was exposed ?
I'd assume most people have been. I know I have been and haven't gotten it so I'm sticking with the horses that got me this far. No clue why I haven't gotten it yet (or if it was too mild to show up).
I haven't gotten it yet either. My wife and daughter have, and their symptoms were relatively mild, though they were both down for a couple days. Thank goodness for vaccines.

Sad how many people won't read for themselves and will instead buy into posts like this to make themselves feel assured.

Good luck, fellas. Sincerely. I can assure you, I am not your enemy, but your friend - even if I am guilty of not always being a good one.

RIP Jaylon Ferg. And Demaryius. And MBIII. And Tony Goose. And Shane Olivea. 😕🙏

This is a good post LawFitz

Pay the detractors no mind. Keep posting and keep bringing information forward.

There is clearly something wrong with "the science" as it's being used and discussed regarding the pandemic. All of it? Well, no, that's not true either. But the fact that some demand silence over introspection is completely out of line with the values of our Founders. That's the first red flag and sometimes the biggest.

Keep plugging away.

You're a Covid truther as well? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 6.5M people dead in 2-3 years from Covid and people still buying conspiracies. Unreal.

What awaits me?

My law partner got the booster last week. He had to take the day off. I have mine scheduled for next Monday (also with flu shot), which could potentially be game 5 of Mariners/Astros. I'm travelling internationally for a couple weeks in November so I want to get these knocked out.

Reactions: Zow
PSA: don't bother trying to explain shades of grey to people who see the wold in only black and white.
Correct...context is completely lost on those who simply can't go with "opps, my bad". All the way through Delta, you know, the time where we were beating people over the head to get the vaccines because they were absolutely keeping transmissions low, people refused and we eventually got variants that rendered vaccines less effective. That time period and the current are intentionally conflated all the time. No point in having that conversation again. Just identify it and ignore.

I had my second go around with covid last week. I was on my death bed for 72 hours straight. I had been really safe and taken precautions for the past year and half and let my guard down recently by going to a few concerts. Luckily I spun out of it and now back to 100%.

I got both vax shots in 2020 plus one booster earlier this year.

PSA: don't bother trying to explain shades of grey to people who see the wold in only black and white.
Correct...context is completely lost on those who simply can't go with "opps, my bad". All the way through Delta, you know, the time where we were beating people over the head to get the vaccines because they were absolutely keeping transmissions low, people refused and we eventually got variants that rendered vaccines less effective. That time period and the current are intentionally conflated all the time. No point in having that conversation again. Just identify it and ignore.
it's not even that though - it's the arguments like "vaccines don't completely prevent covid transmission and therefore are worthless" or "shotted people vs non-shotted both carried and transmitted covid .... it didn't matter if you had the shots". These statements draw conclusions purely in a binary world - no room for nuance or context.

After years and years of arguing things like this on these forums... it's just not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread