What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creepy Mail (1 Viewer)

BigJim®

Footballguy
We received a letter addressed to our 15 year old son today without a return address. Handwritten name, stickers of unicorns/rainbows and "you are magical" scattered about the envelope, and the only enclosure was a playing card... 7 of hearts. No letter (and before its asked, no white powder). Was thinking maybe a secret admirer but the postmark is Minneapolis, and we're in a suburb. I tried googling, hoping to learn this was some marketing gimmick or fad, but no dice. How creeped out should we be? 

Ahh, yes and never really noticed. I assumed each city had unique postmark. 
Mail in small towns gets sent to large processing centers for random inspections and so the outside of all first class mail can be photographed. There's a small town close to me with a population of 5,000. If a letter is mailed in that town from one resident to another that piece of mail will travel roughly 500 miles before being delivered. I'm sure there's even more extreme examples. 

Mail in small towns gets sent to large processing centers for random inspections and so the outside of all first class mail can be photographed. There's a small town close to me with a population of 5,000. If a letter is mailed in that town from one resident to another that piece of mail will travel roughly 500 miles before being delivered. I'm sure there's even more extreme examples. 
Yeah, mine is a 50k+ population suburb. 

We received a letter addressed to our 15 year old son today without a return address. Handwritten name, stickers of unicorns/rainbows and "you are magical" scattered about the envelope, and the only enclosure was a playing card... 7 of hearts. No letter (and before its asked, no white powder). Was thinking maybe a secret admirer but the postmark is Minneapolis, and we're in a suburb. I tried googling, hoping to learn this was some marketing gimmick or fad, but no dice. How creeped out should we be? 
Unicorns, stickers, and a handwritten note?

I'm almost certain its some sweet shy girl with a crush.

No threat unless she plans to love him to death.

But you did receive it.
I meant that particularly creepy version of a 7 of hearts. This actually has my wheels spinning a bit. We found out our sons & all of his friends had watched squidgames, and Alice in Borderland seems to be of the same genre. I see the 7 of hearts in that required a hide and seek to the death challenge. I'll ask him if his friends watch that show tonight. 

Definitely a girl in his class or online that likes him.  

The question is how did she find his address.  My guess is that it is someone who lives close by.

there is no doubt in my mind that when you find the culprit behind this quote love letter endquote you will also find out it is none other than mahmoud ahmeadinejad and when you capture him and bring him to justice you will be heralded as a modern day superhero so you have that going for you take that to the bank brohan

there is no doubt in my mind that when you find the culprit behind this quote love letter endquote you will also find out it is none other than mahmoud ahmeadinejad and when you capture him and bring him to justice you will be heralded as a modern day superhero so you have that going for you take that to the bank brohan
Could be, but I don't think unicorns and rainbows is particularly on brand. 

I'd link to a photo of this thing for full effect if there was a way to do it anonymously.

This gave me an idea for a prank on my neighbor. Drop it in his mailbox on Valentine's Day and then see if he or his wife mentions it next time we see them.  

ETA: Nevermind, I see that jhib already posted it could be a joke. Guess I'm not very original.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigJim® said:

I'd link to a photo of this thing for full effect if there was a way to do it anonymously.
thats what he wants you to think take that to the bank brohan 

I say 60% chance it's a prank/joke from one of his friends. 40% an actual secret admirer.

I meant that particularly creepy version of a 7 of hearts. This actually has my wheels spinning a bit. We found out our sons & all of his friends had watched squidgames, and Alice in Borderland seems to be of the same genre. I see the 7 of hearts in that required a hide and seek to the death challenge. I'll ask him if his friends watch that show tonight. 

Updating my odds to 75% prank, 25% secret admirer.

There was a girl in my son's 7th grade class who had a crush on him, and she toilet papered the trees in front of house twice during the school year.  He always suspected it was her, but I found out definitively once we hired her mother at my work.  I always found it odd that she (the daughter) never fessed up or followed up on it with my son, although it is quite possible that she did and he never got the clue.  Men in our family are not smart in the ways of women.

BigJim® said:

Flikr?

Users who are viewing this thread