What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creepy Mail (1 Viewer)

Not the pay off some may want, but my mystery is solved.

Our son was partnered with his aunt in a card game tournament at thanksgiving that involves partners passing cards. He was miffed that she did not pass him the 7 in her hand that he obviously needed for them to win, and they lost. They are both ultra competitive, and there was some pot stirring ribbing still at the Christmas gathering. So, she mailed him a 7 and just now sent me wife a text asking if he got it. Picturing a 45 year old applying a bunch of unicorn and rainbow stickers on the envelope is still a tad creepy.  :lmao:
Funny thing is that your kid had no idea of this reference, so dissed his aunt pretty good here.

I still think it's an invitation to Borderland.

Could be a boy that sent it, hoping your son is gay too. 🤷‍♂️

ETA:  or his aunt wants him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Galileo said:
On 1/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, jhib said:
I always put my tree out in the yard by a brush pile, partly for that purpose of providing some shelter for animals (plus I'm usually too late getting it out for pickup anyway).  Then I usually end up burning it in my fire pit by the end of the summer.

If I were your neighbor, I'd have a hard time not posting no trespassing signs around the area and if anyone complained,  I'd say they are necessary to protect the newts, toads, ants, and various bugs that people keep messing with.
Expand  
:oldunsure:
Ha. Is that what that smell was?

Winter shelter.  This isn't some permanent housing situation, you rodents.

I have strong suspicions about which neighbor wrote the letter, and every time I see her, it's hard not to make mention of it.
The move is to bring it up to her, but not confrontational. The opposite. Bring it up conspiratorially.

"Hey did you get that Christmas tree letter from the passive aggressive Karen? Oh you didn't?? It was hilarious! We read it out loud every year when we take our tree down, it's become a tradition, then we try and work the word 'henceforth' into conversation all day!!"

If it was her, it will drive her freaking mad. 

The move is to bring it up to her, but not confrontational. The opposite. Bring it up conspiratorially.

"Hey did you get that Christmas tree letter from the passive aggressive Karen? Oh you didn't?? It was hilarious! We read it out loud every year when we take our tree down, it's become a tradition, then we try and work the word 'henceforth' into conversation all day!!"

Oh, this is perfect. Years of entertainment. Do it, @scorchy !

I had definitely thought about ways to bring it up all nonchalant-like but this tops anything I ever came up with.  Unfortunately, even though I see her a few times a month, it's always when we pass each other while walking dogs, and she has a little pissant that won't stop barking at my big oaf, so we just say hello as we walk past.

We stopped inviting them to any get-togethers years ago because the whole family (husband and kids too) is annoying as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread