What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crowdsourcing - A list of useful tips for how to best use the forum (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

I'm glad it seems like the new board software is going well. I like it a lot.

But there is still a learning curve. I thought it might make sense to have a thread where people post the things they are doing/seeing that are helpful.

Like @fatguyinalittlecoat figuring out the select the text you want to quote and a "reply" button will popup. Or how to go to the latest post. Or things with mobile. That kind of thing.

Please post the real things you've found that you're finding useful. Then we can put together a short list of them in a post that stays pinned. Thanks.

The biggest thing I'm missing right now is the black line that told me where I last was in the thread. That made it super easy to pick up again. Is there anything like this?

On my phone there's a "jump to new" but I'm not sure it has to do with when I was last in the thread.

The biggest thing I'm missing right now is the black line that told me where I last was in the thread. That made it super easy to pick up again. Is there anything like this?

On my phone there's a "jump to new" but I'm not sure it has to do with when I was last in the thread.
I believe all new posts since the last time you were in a specific thread have a green New icon that sort of replaces the black line.

Also, yesterday I learned that hovering over a thread title previews the first post but it's possible the old software did this too and I never noticed.

I believe all new posts since the last time you were in a specific thread have a green New icon that sort of replaces the black line.

Also, yesterday I learned that hovering over a thread title previews the first post but it's possible the old software did this too and I never noticed.

Yes, I can see that here! Thanks!!

Has anyone figured out the bookmark function? I can save, label, delete - how do I “get back” to the bookmark? Where are they stored, i.e., how can I find the bookmarks later?

On my phone there's a "jump to new" but I'm not sure it has to do with when I was last in the thread

Most threads I had been reading on the old board, when I click on them now, take me to the very first post. Jump to new all seem to end up on the same date, when boards were down I guess, the next time I go into that thread it goes to where I left off. Same as the old board

Want to bookmark (in your browser) a page that only shows threads you've posted in (aka black dot index)?

Here ya go:

Once youre there, on the mobile site at least, above the threads is a sliding row where you can also see all the posts you've started, your watched threads, and for some reason, threads that got zero responses. :shrug:
Yes, although it would be nice if there was a way to make those forum specific like the old board.

I haven't posted outside the SP in well over a year and my "Threads posted in" list is still rife with FFA threads.

Has anyone figured out the bookmark function? I can save, label, delete - how do I “get back” to the bookmark? Where are they stored, i.e., how can I find the bookmarks later?
On mobile click your Avatar on the bar at the top, a drop down appears and Bookmarks tab is at the top next to Your Account

Users who are viewing this thread