What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Culpepper Rehab (1 Viewer)

BlueOnion

Footballguy
Vikings get encouraging report on Culpepper's knee

Vikings coach Brad Childress wanted to get an update on Culpepper's progress and got good news from head trainer Eric Sugarman, who flew to Orlando, Fla., to test Culpepper's knee and came back encouraged.

That report should be a positive for any club interested in trading for Culpepper, who currently is the 11th highest-paid quarterback in the NFL.
Childress praises Culpepper's rehabilitation work
The Vikings dispatched new athletic trainer Eric Sugarman to Florida this week to update Culpepper's progress. Sugarman reported that Culpepper is on schedule, and Childress said it is not out of the question that Culpepper could participate in some non-football drills during spring minicamp.
:rolleyes: So much information available to us in the media at this time (pre NFL draft and pre NFL free agency) is smoke (in my opinion) so I don't know what to make of this, if anything should be made of it.

My opinion...

For the new regime in Minnesota, which has played things pretty close to the vest so far, begs me to ask the question "Why release this information and why release it now?" I suspect this is to 'boost' demand for Culpepper.

It is not like Culpepper initiated the 'checkup' for the Vikings to induce them to give him the roster bonus and a new contract. The Vikings' initiated the checkup and sent their own guy down there who returned with raving reports.

I suspect Daunte's rehab is coming along nicely, but this checkup and these public comments on the checkup lead me to believe that the team is set to trade Daunte.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the new regime in Minnesota, which has played things pretty close to the vest so far, begs me to ask the question "Why release this information and why release it now?" I suspect this is to 'boost' demand for Culpepper.

It is not like Culpepper initiated the 'checkup' for the Vikings to induce them to give him the roster bonus and a new contract. The Vikings' initiated the checkup and sent their own guy down there who returned with raving reports.

I suspect Daunte's rehab is coming along nicely, but this checkup and these public comments on the checkup lead me to believe that the team is set to trade Daunte.
:thumbup: spot on.Although it may be to generate season ticket sales ;)

Users who are viewing this thread