What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Customer gave me a fake $100 bill (1 Viewer)

That looks like teak. Be sure to use an evaporating solvent just before varnish or the natural oils in the teak may prevent the varnish from drying and it could remain tacky for weeks.
I wish I'd known about this. My acacia wood picnic table & benches were tacky for weeks, maybe a few months after varnishing.

Hmmm.  There seems to be a wealth of information available on the Web for the proper care of Teak.

As for illustrating children's books I hesitate to think of your drawings.  I suppose all of the characters will have very prominent jugular veins and will all be wearing helmets.  Maybe not.  Maybe you will be the next distinctive style that others will emulate for decades.  Best of luck with this.  No reason it cannot all fall in place for you
jason has shown us time and again that he prefers the FFA as his search engine over Google.

I can draw things other than dongs.

I figured this would get me a foot in the industry to work on my own children’s dong book.

”Tuesdays with Kevin Spacey”

A cautionary tale.

It’s been raining non stop in Dallas these previous two weeks. Today had a very heavy shower with flash flood warning. I exited 35W to 183 and directly under the John Carpenter overpass Ihydroplaned over a huge puddle. 

Countersteered twice across 3 lanes from the leftmost lane and woundup in the right side mudbank. Took out a pole and a couple of small trees. No damage to me or the car and I didn’t collide with anyone.Within 5 minutes 2 other cars spun out in the puddle. I had to get towed out of the mud.

It’s been raining non stop in Dallas these previous two weeks. Today had a very heavy shower with flash flood warning. I exited 35W to 183 and directly under the John Carpenter overpass Ihydroplaned over a huge puddle. 

Countersteered twice across 3 lanes from the leftmost lane and woundup in the right side mudbank. Took out a pole and a couple of small trees. No damage to me or the car and I didn’t collide with anyone.Within 5 minutes 2 other cars spun out in the puddle. I had to get towed out of the mud.
Oooof. That #### is scary. Sounds like it could have been a LOT worse, so thank Joe Pesci for that. Glad you're OK, man. 

Ditto, I'm glad you're okay. It's always a puckering experience when you feel the car start to hydroplane a little at highway speeds.

Took out a pole and a couple small trees yet no damage to the car? Gotcha.
Speaking of driving, there's a stretch of road on my morning commute near the airport that always sees traffic go from 80 MPH to 10 in a matter of yards. I've been rear ended there three times. I know it's coming and every day I hope that traffic snarl won't be there, but it pretty much always is. It's predictable and utterly annoying nevertheless. 

Your responses to everything Rok posts is the message board equivalent to that stretch of road. 

Speaking of driving, there's a stretch of road on my morning commute near the airport that always sees traffic go from 80 MPH to 10 in a matter of yards. I've been rear ended there three times. I know it's coming and every day I hope that traffic snarl won't be there, but it pretty much always is. It's predictable and utterly annoying nevertheless. 

Your responses to everything Rok posts is the message board equivalent to that stretch of road. 
Good. Glad I irritate you 'cause I assure you the feeling is decidedly mutual.

Good. Glad I irritate you 'cause I assure you the feeling is decidedly mutual.
Irritate isn't exactly accurate. It's more obnoxious and boring. It's also not a good look to obsess over another poster, but I'm sure you couldn't care less. 

Some of the best analogies are the ones you don't see coming.

Took out a pole and a couple small trees yet no damage to the car? Gotcha.
It was a small pole with a temporary construction sign and the trees were small  ( I was able to move them aside by myself) and freshly planted. There is a very large highway project going on in DFW

RokNRole said:
It was a small pole with a temporary construction sign and the trees were small  ( I was able to move them aside by myself) and freshly planted. There is a very large highway project going on in DFW
There's always a large highway project going on in DFW.

Evilgrin 72 said:
Irritate isn't exactly accurate. It's more obnoxious and boring. It's also not a good look to obsess over another poster, but I'm sure you couldn't care less. 
Obsess? Nice try. I actually have him on ignore and haven't read his stuff in quite some time so try again. The "near death experience" part caught my eye though. It's not a good look to have your information incorrect. Kind of obnoxious and boring actually. 

Obsess? Nice try. I actually have him on ignore and haven't read his stuff in quite some time so try again. The "near death experience" part caught my eye though. It's not a good look to have your information incorrect. Kind of obnoxious and boring actually. 
OK, man. Hopefully you put him back on ignore, so I imagine I won't see any more replies from you to his posts. Feel free to chuck me on ignore too. 

OK, man. Hopefully you put him back on ignore, so I imagine I won't see any more replies from you to his posts. Feel free to chuck me on ignore too. 
You are and have been for some time so  :thumbup:  on that front.

It’s a guilty pleasure of mine reading things I consider to be absurd so I cheat some times. Sue me.

You are and have been for some time so  :thumbup:  on that front.

It’s a guilty pleasure of mine reading things I consider to be absurd so I cheat some times. Sue me.
You're like Dwight Schrute with the un-shun/re-shun bit.

Put us both back on ignore, please. Don't respond to any of his posts and I won't respond to any of yours. Deal?  In fact, if it is, don't even reply. I'll assume you put me back on ignore and I can go back to forgetting you exist. 

You're like Dwight Schrute with the un-shun/re-shun bit.

Put us both back on ignore, please. Don't respond to any of his posts and I won't respond to any of yours. Deal?  In fact, if it is, don't even reply. I'll assume you put me back on ignore and I can go back to forgetting you exist. 
Sorry bro. If I see something that merits being called out, I’m probably in. Deal? And I never took either of you off ignore. You’re still there. There’s this neat little feature where you can show ignored poster’s posts on a one-off basis. Perhaps you’ve seen it even. That’s my guilty pleasure. But by all means, feel free to ignore me so I can go back to forgetting you exist also. Mmmkay?

Sorry bro. If I see something that merits being called out, I’m probably in. Deal? And I never took either of you off ignore. You’re still there. There’s this neat little feature where you can show ignored poster’s posts on a one-off basis. Perhaps you’ve seen it even. That’s my guilty pleasure. But by all means, feel free to ignore me so I can go back to forgetting you exist also. Mmmkay?
Nope, never put anyone on ignore (and never will) so I have no idea how it works. Feel free to stop using that one-off feature and just go back to ignoring both of us full-time. Especially me. Please. 

https://imgur.com/a/8Bs3P

weird considering there are only 2 companies in California that are legally allowed to produce film prop money.

The manager wanted me to cover it out of my tip money but I refused. I was never informed that we had a black light in the office to check for fake bills.

” If I had been trained on counterfeit bill detection and I failed to follow protocol then I would take full responsibility. Considering it was never covered a single time since I was hired a month ago I won’t pay for it. I’m well aware now to check all large denomination bills in the future.You have the right to terminate me if you like but I’m not required to reimburse an employer for customer theft. That is against federal law”.

The manager wasn’t upset. Told me he didn’t want to lose me and he will talk to upper management about it and let me know what they decide. I was told I could still work tonight.

Not exactly counterfeit, but still a scumbag move by the customer. If this is a first "offense", if you want to term it that, then I wouldn't worry. And you seem with the table thing too, looks like you giving 110% to your employer. I'd hope your manager would fight for you.

Not exactly counterfeit, but still a scumbag move by the customer. If this is a first "offense", if you want to term it that, then I wouldn't worry. And you seem with the table thing too, looks like you giving 110% to your employer. I'd hope your manager would fight for you.
Table thing?

It is counterfeit but professionally made and hard to distinguish because it’s a film prop. In a dim restaurant it’s even more difficult because it even feels very close to a real bill, especially the new blue $100’s that haven’t been in circulation long enough to accrue any wear and tear.

I old them they are supposed to contact the Secret Service about this and that there are only two companies in the country that make film money.

Manager was surprised that the Secret Service has jurisdiction over counterfeiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
you probably signed something when you started this new job stating you read all the policies and procedures pertaining to your job...anything in there about taking fake money?

you probably signed something when you started this new job stating you read all the policies and procedures pertaining to your job...anything in there about taking fake money?
I didn’t sign anything other than an application.

They haven’t even asked me to fill out a W-2 or asked for my TABC license ( which I have)

You can get a pen for about $10 at Home Depot that will quickly detect counterfit currency so you don’t have to walk back to the office. 

Haven't read the thread yet but how can you be sure?

Did you check the litmus configurations?

Users who are viewing this thread