What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CUT DOWN DAY - 2012 (1 Viewer)

Only notable Panthers cut was Olindo Mare. Justin Medlock is the new PK.

Also, David Gettis was placed on the PUP list, and Brandon Hogan on IR.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably a bunch of people have already drafted rackers (and bullock -- but that's a little different)

Clyde GatesBJ CunninghamRoberto Wallace
Wow, all three of these guys were being touted as sleepers at one point, and Miami is desperate for WRs. Doesn't bode well for these guys that they couldn't make the team with the worst WR corps in the league.

New York Jets: Made 19 of the 22 moves early Friday morning. They waived safety D’Anton Lynn (the son of running backs coach Anthony Lynn) and quarterback Matt Simms (son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms).
Not that any of these guys have value, but interesting lineage connections here.Having to cut your RB coach's son must have been a tough one - brutal business.

Danny Ware has been cut. He could be an upgrade for several teams as a #3 RB.
And that's the angle you see on this story? The bigger news IMO is that David Wilson is moving up the depth chart and could be knocking on Bradshaw's door before too long.
Nope, Bradshaw's fate is in his hands. All this move does is solidify Wilson as the #2. Bradshaw plays well and his feet don't keep him off the practice field and the job is his.

Streeter-Bal IR 2012
All I can find on Streeter is he sprained his foot in the 3rd pre-season game. It seems like excessive to send him to IR for that injury. I expect to see more players that teams want to protect put on IR with relatively minor or mysterious injuries.
Hasn't than been the case for years? I know the Panthers do it with 1-2 people every season it seems.
I know they did it with Eric Shelton years ago.

Streeter-Bal IR 2012
All I can find on Streeter is he sprained his foot in the 3rd pre-season game. It seems like excessive to send him to IR for that injury. I expect to see more players that teams want to protect put on IR with relatively minor or mysterious injuries.
Hasn't than been the case for years? I know the Panthers do it with 1-2 people every season it seems.
GMen did it with Victor Cruz

Giants also cut

LB Greg Jones - would make a great special teamer and possible starter for some teams.

DT Dwayne Hendricks - Hope he makes it to the practice squad. Had a great camp and would be good depth.

DT Marcus Thomas - It's expected he'll be re-signed once Terrell Thomas is put on the IR where the player can come back in 8 weeks.

WR David Douglas - Calvin Watkins of ESPN-Dallas, tweeted that Dallas might be interested in Douglas. He had a great camp. Many Giants fans wanted him to make the roster over Barden since Barden is a FA after this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan Moore cut, may come a s a surprise to others but it's been expected for a couple of weeks in Cleveland

Evan Moore cut, may come a s a surprise to others but it's been expected for a couple of weeks in Cleveland
Count me in the surprised camp. Thought they liked him as a pass catcher and Watson is no spring chicken.
Watson's just got one more year on his deal, this tells me the Browns think Cameron's done enough to be the TE of the future but they need Watson now. Alex Smith is too valuable blocking so it came down to Moore vs. the two FB's. Smelley can go both TE and FB, no reasoning behind Maresic though. Heard he was safe last week, which started leading me to believe Moore was out. I have no idea what the staff sees in Maresic, but Moore did nothing to help his cause this August. Showed up to camp hurt, didn't make any plays on the practice field or in preseason, missed more practice time during August, was a forgotten piece last year that supposedly caused a lot of in fighting on the staff on how to utilize him.He needs a change of scenery, bummed, have always really liked the talent potential.

Did either Ivory or Cadet get chopped ?
No
It's not a "no" yet, the Saints haven't cut anyone yet as far as I can tell. But highly unlikely they keep 5 RB's.
It was a no at the time
I suppose technically it still is "no", because the Saints still have not cut anyone, be they RB or kicker. There still is a chance Ivory or Cadet get cut. Or maybe they cut them both and keep 2 kickers?

Count me in the surprised camp. Thought they liked him as a pass catcher and Watson is no spring chicken.
Same here. Just a couple of months ago I thought it was Watson that had one foot out the door and Moore was the sleeper to get increased playing time.
The long term sleeper had been Cameron all along, but Moore could have carved out a complimentary role, may have even been the best option this year as Cameron still has a ways to go. He did nothing this preseason. Still think he has ability but he needed to go elsewhere.

Curse these teams that are waiting to the last minute to release players. My productivity at work was never been high but today might be all time low.

Is there a difference between the terms cut, waived, and released? Ive seen many Rotoworld updates stating that a team has "waived or released" a list of several players. Is one term used for younger players that are eligible for the practice squad?

Streeter-Bal IR 2012
This year is a little different because of the new NFL rule that allows teams to activate one player from IR a year. Not sure what conditions must be met to activate someone, but its possible we will see him later on in the year.

Curse these teams that are waiting to the last minute to release players. My productivity at work was never been high but today might be all time low.
lol, I have been trying to get stuff done as well, but every time my computer/phone make a noise I have to run back over and check it out... that usually takes 15 to 20 minutes to check everything.

Users who are viewing this thread