What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler Impresses at Vandy Pro Day (1 Viewer)

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
What can I say?

:D

“I can’t imagine too many quarterbacks who are going to perform much better than he did today,” Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said.

Cutler threw about 50 passes to former Vanderbilt wide receivers Brandon Smith, Erik Davis and tight end Dustin Dunning. In swirling winds, Cutler made almost every throw from short out patterns to deep balls.

By all accounts he threw only one bad pass, on a post route when wind affected the ball flight.

“You saw a variety of things,” Reese said. “You saw him throw on the run in a little bit less than an ideal situation. It was cold out there. He was able to come out and do everything he had to do.”
 
Last edited by a moderator:

diesel7982

Footballguy
Meant to try to go down there today.

Glad to hear he did well. It was a crappy day today here downtown. Cold and windy.

 

scoobygang

Footballguy
I don't understand why they pay so much attention to this kind of stuff. You might as well evaluate a basketball player based on a game of horse.

 

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
I don't understand why they pay so much attention to this kind of stuff. You might as well evaluate a basketball player based on a game of horse.
:goodposting:
That's a bad posting, BigRed. No one is evaluating prospective NFL talent on something similar to a game of horse. To believe that is naive. These guys go through detailed medical evaluations. Psychological evals that involve over a 1000 questions, numerous interviews. The are probed, poked, tested and measured in every imagineable way. They are rolled out against their peers in practice and game situations for hands on evaluations. They are put through identical tests to see who has the better skillsets. They are asked to perform tasks long known as necessary for NFL success. And all of that is only worth about 10% of their final grades. The other 90% is based on analysis of game film. Hardly a game of horse.
 

diesel7982

Footballguy
I don't understand why they pay so much attention to this kind of stuff.  You might as well evaluate a basketball player based on a game of horse.
:goodposting:
That's a bad posting, BigRed. No one is evaluating prospective NFL talent on something similar to a game of horse. To believe that is naive. These guys go through detailed medical evaluations. Psychological evals that involve over a 1000 questions, numerous interviews. The are probed, poked, tested and measured in every imagineable way. They are rolled out against their peers in practice and game situations for hands on evaluations. They are put through identical tests to see who has the better skillsets. They are asked to perform tasks long known as necessary for NFL success. And all of that is only worth about 10% of their final grades. The other 90% is based on analysis of game film. Hardly a game of horse.
:thumbup: An NFL player having the arm to make a throw is alot different than an NBA player hitting an open jumper.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top