What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daesean Hamilton - WR -Broncos (1 Viewer)

Plorfu

Footballguy
I see this guy mentioned in a couple of dynasty threads but don't see a topic for him. People seem to be high on him, though, and now that DT is done, Manny is hurt, and all of Denver's TE's have died, maybe the'll lean on him a bit coming out of the slot. 

His name is pretty cool. That's all I got.

Hard to say. Sanders wasn't exactly lighting it up lately (I have him as WR2), as the Broncos seem to have shifted to an emphasis on running the ball with Lindsay. Also, Lindsay may get more involved in the passing game. Might be worth a speculative add.........maybe. :kicksrock:

Waldman likes him a bunch. Calls him a great route-runner with the best separation ability in the class:

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-daesean-hamilton-the-reliable-guiding-map-of-technique/

One more review that echos his route-running chops with comparisons to Juju, Kupp, and Shepherd:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/3/13/17099124/daesean-hamiltons-skill-set-will-have-him-contributing-immediately-for-an-nfl-team

I own Sutton in most leagues but I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Hamilton if I didn't.

Dropping the dead weight from my bench for the playoffs and adding lotto tickets. Dasean worth the flier?

My feeling is it's going to be the Lindsay show with quite a bit Sutton mixed in. Probably going to face a lot of stacked boxes so they'll be dared to throw the ball. Sutton is their best option by far. 

I’m happily grabbing Hamilton in every league I can get him in. This might be my last chance to land him fairly cheap before he blows up.

This is Denver's sched:

14 - Dec 9 @SF 4:05 PM ET

15 - Dec 15 CLE 4:30 PM ET

16 - Dec 24 @OAK 8:15 PM ET

That's not Murderer's Row. All project to be somewhat high-scoring and Courtland Sutton is going to see tougher coverage. Even if you run it 60-40 (think Seattle) there are going to opportunities for the non-Sutton players. Thinking it over, I'll take a chance on Hamilton if you have the space. Then again I also think LaCosse becomes a bigger play also.

This is Denver's sched:

14 - Dec 9 @SF 4:05 PM ET

15 - Dec 15 CLE 4:30 PM ET

16 - Dec 24 @OAK 8:15 PM ET

That's not Murderer's Row. All project to be somewhat high-scoring and Courtland Sutton is going to see tougher coverage. Even if you run it 60-40 (think Seattle) there are going to opportunities for the non-Sutton players. Thinking it over, I'll take a chance on Hamilton if you have the space. Then again I also think LaCosse becomes a bigger play also.
Waiting for Melvin Gordon to be ruled out so I can pick up LaCosse or Ian Thomas, probably LaCosse, before they blow up. Possibly need him if Burton doesn't show something again soon.

DaeSean Hamilton caught 7-of-9 targets for 47 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 14 loss to the 49ers.

Filling in as the Broncos' No. 2 receiver/slot man, fourth-round rookie Hamilton nearly doubled his 2018 production in one afternoon. His one-yard score came on a late fourth down. Guaranteed to see heavy snaps down the stretch, Hamilton could provide some "free money" production in PPR leagues.

Dec 9 - 8:10 PM

Torn between this guy and Robert foster. Play in a double flex so I gotta go with one of them. Keenum likes his slot guys and 9 targets is a fair bit. Might just have to roll with it. Both guys don’t seem to have a very high ceiling but I could use the reasonable floor. 

Torn between this guy and Robert foster. Play in a double flex so I gotta go with one of them. Keenum likes his slot guys and 9 targets is a fair bit. Might just have to roll with it. Both guys don’t seem to have a very high ceiling but I could use the reasonable floor. 
I mean, a good rule of thumb is that you don't start Buffalo WRs.

I have to decide between Hamilton or Jeffrey for the WR3 spot. Going to hem and haw over it till Saturday probably.

I have to decide between Hamilton or Jeffrey for the WR3 spot. Going to hem and haw over it till Saturday probably.
Definitely Hamilton.  Don't let homerism make you choose Jeffrey.

As an Eagles fan too, I can see the Eagles getting crushed this week with Foles at QB.

Definitely Hamilton.  Don't let homerism make you choose Jeffrey.

As an Eagles fan too, I can see the Eagles getting crushed this week with Foles at QB.
Yes but Jeffrey might get some action with Foles in there. Foles works the RPOs better than Wentz does. Can't move like Wentz (when Carson's healthy) but he does have a veteran mind when it comes to just getting the ball out to whoever is open. Still debating it.

I'm in a true David versus Goliath matchup and I need to choose two out of Hamilton, Foster and Samule. LOL! 
Have the same choice between Hamilton, Samuael and instead Pettis. Pettis late showing on the injury report narrows it down but leaning Samuel over Hamilton but it's real close

FYI Pettis showed up on the injury report late as questionable.

But back to Hamilton. Really like the matchup this week and think he has a high ceiling, especially in PPR. Not sure about the floor though.
Yes. I have Samuel on Monday night if worst came to worst. But really starting to like Hamilton in this matchup tonight.

Heh. 11.6 can't complain. I'm going against a team that scored over 2000 points this year and I lost Beckham. This dude just out dueled Landry. 

Now to to see if somehow Dixon and Ingram can do the same to CMC and Barkley  :ph34r:

DaeSean Hamilton said a knee injury slowed him down late last season.

Over the last four games of the season, Hamilton only managed to pick up 7.3 yards per catch, so this injury would explain the complete lack of explosiveness. With the injury behind him and with a full offseason to improve as a pro, Hamilton is a candidate to take a step forward, especially if Emmanuel Sanders' Achilles' injury lingers.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

May 21, 2019, 3:23 PM ET

Does anyone think Sanders is going to be relevant? If not then this guy is surely a buy low.
This is what I'm toying with. I can probably land him for a late 2nd and 3rd. Not sure its worth it or not... hes a decent buy low but the odds are strong Denver could draft a wr next year early

I keep coming back to this time last year where he was out performing Sutton

Last edited by a moderator:
DaeSean Hamilton (hamstring) didn't practice Thursday.

It's probably just a minor inconvenience, though hamstring injuries do have a tendency to linger. Hamilton has been a trendy breakout candidate in fantasy circles this summer. Hopefully this injury doesn't follow him into the regular season.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Jul 25, 2019, 11:34 AM ET

Coach Vic Fangio said the Broncos believe DaeSean Hamilton's hamstring strain "could be" a short-term injury.

However, Fangio noted, "You know how those hamstrings can go." We've seen numerous summers ruined by hamstring injuries throughout the years, but we've also seen countless others only miss a couple days. Hopefully, Hamilton is on the latter part of that timetable. The Broncos did go out and sign veteran WR Nick Williams on Friday to make up for Hamilton's absence. For now, we'll consider Hamilton week to week.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Jul 26, 2019, 10:22 AM ET

DaeSean Hamilton (hamstring) returned to practice on Sunday.

A hamstring strain suffered early in training camp cost him about a week of practice. The missed practice reps are a concern, though the second-year wideout still has plenty of time to get up to speed before Week 1. He's hoping to carve a role in Denver's pass-catching corps alongside veteran Emmanuel Sanders and fellow sophomore Courtland Sutton.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Aug 4, 2019, 11:00 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread