What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas at NY Giants (1 Viewer)

How the hell is this one gonna be scored? Dez fumble..
I remember having this debate a few years ago. My memory was that if an offensive player fumbles a ball backward, he loses the yards, but if he fumbles it forward, he only gets the yardage to the point of the fumble. However, that clearly isn't how it's been scored as of now. Potentially huge 2.5pt swing there.

ETA: Here's that earlier discussion (starting at No. 5): http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=672721

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible call. and I believe because they overruled it and called it a no catch, it was not reviewable...right?

No dog in this fight, but I don't understand how that isn't a catch. He caught it, took two steps, hit the ground and the ball came out.

I don't see the harm in reviewing it. Bt whatever not an issue since Dallas still got the first down and looks to be about to win

If that's really an incomplete pass, I no longer understand football.
was going to the ground catching it...it rolled on the ground.....incomplete.Simple.
Simple that it was the wrong call?
Can argue about the rule if you want, but the truth is that per the rules as they are now, incomplete was the correct call. He was contacted and clearly going to the ground before making any kind of move, thus by the rule has to maintain control all the way through hitting the ground. The ball rolled on the ground and ultimately popped out before he stopped moving. Thus, by the rules, incomplete is absolutely the correct call.

Now...many folks don't like this rule, and plays like this are the reason why. Doesn't mean the refs screwed up.

Lost in all the incomplete pass controversy is the fact that the Giants D couldn't get off the field on third and long a couple of times that drive.

was going to the ground catching it...it rolled on the ground.....incomplete.Simple.
Can argue about the rule if you want, but the truth is that per the rules as they are now, incomplete was the correct call. He was contacted and clearly going to the ground before making any kind of move, thus by the rule has to maintain control all the way through hitting the ground. The ball rolled on the ground and ultimately popped out before he stopped moving. Thus, by the rules, incomplete is absolutely the correct call.Now...many folks don't like this rule, and plays like this are the reason why. Doesn't mean the refs screwed up.
I disagree. He took two steps after he caught the ball. What more kind of a move does it need to make.

May be the correct rule, but I believe it was improperly enforced. But clearly I'm wrong because the booth did not review it

Can argue about the rule if you want, but the truth is that per the rules as they are now, incomplete was the correct call. He was contacted and clearly going to the ground before making any kind of move, thus by the rule has to maintain control all the way through hitting the ground. The ball rolled on the ground and ultimately popped out before he stopped moving. Thus, by the rules, incomplete is absolutely the correct call.Now...many folks don't like this rule, and plays like this are the reason why. Doesn't mean the refs screwed up.
I disagree. He took two steps after he caught the ball. What more kind of a move does it need to make.

May be the correct rule, but I believe it was improperly enforced. But clearly I'm wrong because the booth did not review it
I agree. I don't see how taking a couple steps with clear possession is not a catch. What happens after he hits the ground shouldn't be relevant. How do they not at least look at the replay?

Users who are viewing this thread