What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
Here are some guarantees to this offseason:

- The Cowboys will sign either Vinatieri (originally drafted by Parcells) or Vanderjagt. I know this because Jerry Jones pretty much told us this on a radio show.

- The pass protection that plagued the offense last season will significantly improve when one of the best left tackles in the league (Flozell Adams) comes back from injury in addition to the Cowboys signing at least one very good free agent offensive lineman (Parcells is reported to have very strong interest in LeCharles Bentley).

- 100% of the rookies that contributed heavily to the elite Cowboys defense will not be in their first year.

- Julius Jones has a 0% chance of having another "sophomore slump".

- Patrick Crayton, one of the league's most underrated wide receivers, will be healthy.

- This is not a guarantee like the others, but if anyone from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area listened to what Jerry Jones had said during the week after Terrell Owens got "KEYSHAWNED" (cough cough, clear throat), then you would not be the least bit surprised when the Cowboys make a big run at Terrell Owens. This is why the Eagles filed a tampering grievance towards Jerry Jones. If Terrell Owens is signed by Dallas, then I do guarantee that the offense will be one of the best in the league.

The most important of all these is the fact that a veteran kicker will be on his way to Dallas. The Cowboys lost three games, and almost two more, because a kicker missed an easy chip shot field goal. For example, they would have been the only team all year to beat the Seahawks at Seattle if Cortez hadn't missed a freaking 29 yard field goal. To put this in context for all the idiots that are rolling their eyes, the Cowboys snapped the ball from inside the 15 yard line, or a little over ten yards the length of an extra point. This is half the distance that Feely missed his very long field goals from. With either Vanderjagt or Vinatieri, the Cowboys are 13-3 last year.

The Cowboys, if they had given at least a 50% effort in the last game, would have been one of those rare teams to have double digit wins and miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker. This despite the fact that they had one of the hardest schedules of all the NFL. Even in the easiest part of the schedule, they had three out of four games on the road on the west coast. They might have won the division if the Giants hadn't had an extra home game. They were given the worst possible time to play at Philadelphia (Monday Night, rejuvenated team, right after TO was Keyshawned, anybody who had watched that game knows that a different Eagles team was playing than the one we saw after the Roy Williams interception), yet they still won. They were a chip shot 29 yard field goal away from beating both teams in the NFC conference championship on the road, and they were a 34 yard field goal away from beating another of the final four teams when they played the Broncos.

In my opinion, anyone, and I'm sure there are a lot of people, who rolled their eyes through this whole post and have been ready to fire criticism from the second they saw the title have an anti-Cowboy bias.

Although Bledsoe is one of the most durable players in the league, if he goes down with a serious injury, all bets are off.

For a guy high enough on Quincy Carter to use his namesake, I have to dismiss this as homerism.

I think they'll be picking in the top 10 next year, and Parcells will be out the door. They'll be in the market for a new offense.

Maybe they can, but I don't see them as better than the Redskins or Giants, and if they are better than the Eagles, it is not by much at all. I think the Eagles will beat out the Cowboys as well.

So as I see it, they are looking at 3rd or 4th in their division by default. And I think both Carolina and Tampa Bay are looking at 11-5 next year, so you figure Parcells will have to at least match that to make the playoffs.

Can the Cowboys go 11-5? I don't think so in their division.

Now, once they get to the playoffs that's a different story, but just look at the offense.. it doesn't scare anyone. You need at least a little bit of an offense to win football games.

Last edited:
For a guy high enough on Quincy Carter to use his namesake, I have to dismiss this as homerism.

I think they'll be picking in the top 10 next year, and Parcells will be out the door. They'll be in the market for a new offense.

Maybe they can, but I don't see them as better than the Redskins or Giants, and if they are better than the Eagles, it is not by much at all. I think the Eagles will beat out the Cowboys as well.

So as I see it, they are looking at 3rd or 4th in their division by default. And I think both Carolina and Tampa Bay are looking at 11-5 next year, so you figure Parcells will have to at least match that to make the playoffs.

Can the Cowboys go 11-5? I don't think so in their division.

Now, once they get to the playoffs that's a different story, but just look at the offense.. it doesn't scare anyone. You need at least a little bit of an offense to win football games.

Your comments are a joke. No one gives the Cowboys credit for anything. Yes, the division is tough but the Cowboys are just as good, if not better, than anyone in that division.

As far as offense goes...where is this coming from that Dallas has no offense? Bledsoe still finished 8th in the league in almost every QB category that matters. He would have finished higher if he hadn't lost his starting tackle and had him replaced by a guy who has no business starting anywhere. MB3 and Julius Jones are a really good tandem at RB and even though two of our receivers are old, they are still very effective at what they do.

The Cowboys will sign a big name kicker for the first time in.....well, ever. That will be the difference as the guy with the odd name suggested. All this talk of Parcell's giving up and what ever is a bunch of crap. No one wants to give the Cowboys credit for anything they do but that is fine. We like it that way any way and we proved everyone wrong 5 times so far... :boxing:

Although Bledsoe is one of the most durable players in the league, if he goes down with a serious injury, all bets are off.
I think all bets are off if he plays the whole season. Makes too many big mistakes at critical times.

I think all bets are off if he plays the whole season. Makes too many big mistakes at critical times.
That is why before the Flozell Adams injury he was leading the NFC in passer rating????

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Final 1 2 3 4 T

Pittsburgh (13-5-0) « 14 0 7 0 21

Indianapolis (14-3-0) 0 3 0 15 18

:-)21) M.Vanderjagt 46 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith.

PENALTY on IND-M.Vanderjagt, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at PIT 36.

Yep, he's the kicker that the Cowboys need to put them over the top...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Vinatieri to Dallas talk a lot. Sounds like a match to me.

As for the whole "you're crazy because the Cowboys are only a decent kicker away from a Super Bowl," that's just silly.

Say....

2003: 15th Offense

2004: 14th Offense

2005: 13th Offense

I suppose that's not bad at all. I guess the real difference is that I feel like their receivers will be too old to be gamebreakers, and the young guys will be too young to be at impact level.

I just see their window closing before it fully opens. A new coach after Pacells can retool the offense and take them to a championship level when that defense reaches its prime.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Final 1 2 3 4 T

Pittsburgh (13-5-0) « 14 0 7 0 21

Indianapolis (14-3-0) 0 3 0 15 18

:-)21) M.Vanderjagt 46 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith.

PENALTY on IND-M.Vanderjagt, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at PIT 36.

Yep, he's the kicker that the Cowboys need to put them over the top...
Yeah, the guy missed one kick. He was 9-9 from 20-29 yards, 6-7 from 30-39 yards and 7-8 from 40-49 yards. He 70-72 lifetime from 20-29 yards. Cortez/Cundiff missed more kicks than that last season....... :rant: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12783

I like the Vinatieri to Dallas talk a lot. Sounds like a match to me.

As for the whole "you're crazy because the Cowboys are only a decent kicker away from a Super Bowl," that's just silly.

Say....

2003: 15th Offense

2004: 14th Offense

2005: 13th Offense

I suppose that's not bad at all. I guess the real difference is that I feel like their receivers will be too old to be gamebreakers, and the young guys will be too young to be at impact level.

I just see their window closing before it fully opens. A new coach after Pacells can retool the offense and take them to a championship level when that defense reaches its prime.
Terry Glenn WR, DAL 62 1136 K. Johnson WR, DAL 71 839

Yeah no way a team could win with two receivers posting stats like that, especially since they are a run first offense.... :rolleyes:

The Cowboys may well finish 3rd or 4th in their division. Not because they're so horrible, but because the Redskins and Giants are slightly better than they are and the Eagles will likely be back in the thick of things next year.

I too think the Giants and 'Skins will continue to be a step ahead of Dallas next year, but I do like some of the outside-own-division matchups for them in 2006:

Home

New Orleans

Detroit

Houston

Away

Arizona

Tennessee

Atlanta

Other matchups with Carolina, Indy, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville will be tougher, but six very winnable games there (from this admittedly long-range February view).

The Cowboys may well finish 3rd or 4th in their division. Not because they're so horrible, but because the Redskins and Giants are slightly better than they are and the Eagles will likely be back in the thick of things next year.
I dont see it. The Giants and the Redskins weren't any better than the Cowboys last season and they haven't done much to change my mind so far. Maybe you know something I don't. The Cowboys defense will be why they win the division next season.

I dont see it. The Giants and the Redskins weren't any better than the Cowboys last season and they haven't done much to change my mind so far. Maybe you know something I don't. The Cowboys defense will be why they win the division next season.
i guess you've already forgotten about the 35-7 beating we gave you to end your playoff hopes. :lmao:

One game. We will see next season I guess. It is impossible to predict but I still think the Cowboys win the division. I think the skins will be good, unlike moronic Skins fans, I can admit that.

The Giants haven't sold me on anything just yet. Last year was a joke. Giants will finish 3rd or 4th in the division.

Eagles are the wild card in all of this.

One game. We will see next season I guess. It is impossible to predict but I still think the Cowboys win the division. I think the skins will be good, unlike moronic Skins fans, I can admit that.

The Giants haven't sold me on anything just yet. Last year was a joke. Giants will finish 3rd or 4th in the division.

one game? how bout when we ruined your home coming on MNF? :bye: i know you like the cowboys but c'mon...the skins were a better team last year.

one game? how bout when we ruined your home coming on MNF? :bye: i know you like the cowboys but c'mon...the skins were a better team last year.
Come on now, that was a BS game that the Cowboys whooped the Redskins for 3 and a half quarters. The skins won on two lucky plays. You know it too.

This division will be very good. I don't think there is anyway any team will be better than 10-6 and I see a possibility of everyone being .500 or better.

I pretty much hate every team in that division so I think I can at the very least say that I offer a neutral perspective.

Personally I believe any of the teams can win the division. Dallas really has a good young defense and I like their personnel direction if nothing else.

The Skins also have a good defense but I honestly would take Dallas' if I had the choice (not fantasy speak).

Both those teams suffer some issues on offense that they will have to address. Portis makes the Skins good on any given Sunday but I don't think they have the QB that can take them any further than they went this year. Dallas is in the same boat. They have good RB talent but their WRs are suspect or old and Bledsoe is almost cooked.

The Giants seem to be the most well rounded but still lack a WR who can hold the ball when he needs to, a suspect secondary, and a young QB.

Philadelphia will be back and they could roll if they find a WR or an organizational clue on how to handle things. I think they run their team like Cheney would run the Government and I'm not impressed. They are good on defense and they do have the pieces to be back in the winners circle.

I'd put my money on the Giants to win the division but injuries and the divisional games will matter more than anything else. All the teams will be competitive but none have a chance to get any kind of homefield given the losses they will incur in their divisions. The Super Bowl team is least likely to come out of this division than any other IMHO.

But I've been wrong before...once.

Come on now, that was a BS game that the Cowboys whooped the Redskins for 3 and a half quarters. The skins won on two lucky plays. You know it too.
luck had nothing to do with it...as proved by the late season ### kicking we gave you. :thumbup:

luck had nothing to do with it...as proved by the late season ### kicking we gave you. :thumbup:
At least you are consistently blinded by your homerism. :rolleyes:

yeah, and you're not. :D we beat you twice, had better record and won a playoff game but redskins weren't any better than the cowboys. :rolleyes:

yeah, and you're not. :D we beat you twice, had better record and won a playoff game but redskins weren't any better than the cowboys. :rolleyes:
Hmmm, good point.This should be a great season....... :boxing:

The Giants and the Redskins weren't any better than the Cowboys last season and they haven't done much to change my mind so far. Maybe you know something I don't.
I do know that the Giants and Redskins were both in the playoffs last season. Were the Cowboys?

This division will be very good. I don't think there is anyway any team will be better than 10-6 and I see a possibility of everyone being .500 or better.

I pretty much hate every team in that division so I think I can at the very least say that I offer a neutral perspective.

Personally I believe any of the teams can win the division. Dallas really has a good young defense and I like their personnel direction if nothing else.

The Skins also have a good defense but I honestly would take Dallas' if I had the choice (not fantasy speak).

Both those teams suffer some issues on offense that they will have to address. Portis makes the Skins good on any given Sunday but I don't think they have the QB that can take them any further than they went this year. Dallas is in the same boat. They have good RB talent but their WRs are suspect or old and Bledsoe is almost cooked.

The Giants seem to be the most well rounded but still lack a WR who can hold the ball when he needs to, a suspect secondary, and a young QB.

Philadelphia will be back and they could roll if they find a WR or an organizational clue on how to handle things. I think they run their team like Cheney would run the Government and I'm not impressed. They are good on defense and they do have the pieces to be back in the winners circle.

I'd put my money on the Giants to win the division but injuries and the divisional games will matter more than anything else. All the teams will be competitive but none have a chance to get any kind of homefield given the losses they will incur in their divisions. The Super Bowl team is least likely to come out of this division than any other IMHO.

But I've been wrong before...once.
The Eagles will finish last in the division. No offense at all.Westbrook is ok but if he is the only weapon , forget about it .

And the defense will not be near as good as they were the last few years.

Cowboys and Skins will fight for first place.

As far as the Giants are concerned , well Barber is nt getting younger ( i say he has a down year and they will look for a replacement after next year ) Manning will have a average year and they finish just ahead of the Eagles.

- The Cowboys will sign either Vinatieri (originally drafted by Parcells) or Vanderjagt. I know this because Jerry Jones pretty much told us this on a radio show.

- The pass protection that plagued the offense last season will significantly improve when one of the best left tackles in the league (Flozell Adams) comes back from injury in addition to the Cowboys signing at least one very good free agent offensive lineman (Parcells is reported to have very strong interest in LeCharles Bentley).

- 100% of the rookies that contributed heavily to the elite Cowboys defense will not be in their first year.

- Patrick Crayton, one of the league's most underrated wide receivers, will be healthy.

- This is not a guarantee like the others, but if anyone from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area listened to what Jerry Jones had said during the week after Terrell Owens got "KEYSHAWNED" (cough cough, clear throat), then you would not be the least bit surprised when the Cowboys make a big run at Terrell Owens. This is why the Eagles filed a tampering grievance towards Jerry Jones. If Terrell Owens is signed by Dallas, then I do guarantee that the offense will be one of the best in the league.

The most important of all these is the fact that a veteran kicker will be on his way to Dallas. The Cowboys lost three games, and almost two more, because a kicker missed an easy chip shot field goal. For example, they would have been the only team all year to beat the Seahawks at Seattle if Cortez hadn't missed a freaking 29 yard field goal. To put this in context for all the idiots that are rolling their eyes, the Cowboys snapped the ball from inside the 15 yard line, or a little over ten yards the length of an extra point. This is half the distance that Feely missed his very long field goals from. With either Vanderjagt or Vinatieri, the Cowboys are 13-3 last year.

The Cowboys, if they had given at least a 50% effort in the last game, would have been one of those rare teams to have double digit wins and miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker. This despite the fact that they had one of the hardest schedules of all the NFL. Even in the easiest part of the schedule, they had three out of four games on the road on the west coast. They might have won the division if the Giants hadn't had an extra home game. They were given the worst possible time to play at Philadelphia (Monday Night, rejuvenated team, right after TO was Keyshawned, anybody who had watched that game knows that a different Eagles team was playing than the one we saw after the Roy Williams interception), yet they still won. They were a chip shot 29 yard field goal away from beating both teams in the NFC conference championship on the road, and they were a 34 yard field goal away from beating another of the final four teams when they played the Broncos.

In my opinion, anyone, and I'm sure there are a lot of people, who rolled their eyes through this whole post and have been ready to fire criticism from the second they saw the title have an anti-Cowboy bias.
As a diehard Cowboy fan I think I can confidently call :bs: on a the comment about Parcells on Bentley. Link??? The only ones talking about Bentley is the fans. Stop making crap up.TO will NOT be a Cowboy......IMO

Julius Jones, while I happen to be high on him as well. He has proven nothing yet. To say that he has zero chance of having another soph slump is well...........assinine. Needs to stay healthy and our O-line needs a huge overall before JJ will be a stud.

Also, while I agree that Dallas signs a Kicker it may not be one of the big names.

The assertion having a better Kicker =SB. Is dumb too. Yes, we lost a couple of games by some crucial misses.

My opinion as of right now.

Dallas is on track this year (IMO) to be a contender in the East race, and for a wild card spot. I see a 10-6 type year ahead for them, with probably a WildCard berth. They do nothing in the playoffs though.

.....and some Cowboy fans wonder why other fans hate our fans and team. Geez!!!

They're only going to contend if they can rebuild that o-line in a hurry and protect Bledsoe without having to leave their all-world TE in the backfield on 3rd down. Dallas played far too much 2nd/long and 3rd/long in 2005 to be a consistently effective offensive team.

And calling the 2005 Dallas defense "elite" is a joke. They barely generated a solid pass rush in the 2nd half of the season. They couldn't stop the run when they had to.

They are what they are... a "slightly better than average" team. Hopefully next year they'll improve in their weak points.

That's the difference between you and a REAL Cowboys fan. Real Cowboys fans dont care what fans of other teams think. There are Cowboys fans and then everyone else who wishes they were. ;) HTH

Agreed 100%. Listening to the yahoos on the Ticket doesn't mean it's going to happen.

I think we'll have a better chance of seeing a kicker like Edinger in Dallas than one of the big names... and I'd be happy with that.

And don't be shocked if Dallas goes with a FS or LB in the 1st round.

Julius Jones, while I happen to be high on him as well. He has proven nothing yet. ll before JJ will be a stud To say that he has zero chance of having another soph slump is well...........assinine. Needs to stay healthy and our O-line needs a huge overaul.

that is not true. there is a ZERO chance he will have a sophomore slump.

a junior slump....well it is possible i suppose.

.....and some Cowboy fans wonder why other fans hate our fans and team.  Geez!!!
That's the difference between you and a REAL Cowboys fan. Real Cowboys fans dont care what fans of other teams think. There are Cowboys fans and then everyone else who wishes they were. ;) HTH
I guess it's because I don't like being lumped in with the small portion of fans who don't know their butt from their elbow. (Although I guess other fans are the same).I can't believe you can't say a-r-s-e here. I am all for a friendly and safe environment...but wow. Just a bit overboard don't ya think?

Julius Jones, while I happen to be high on him as well. He has proven nothing yet. ll before JJ will be a stud To say that he has zero chance of having another soph slump is well...........assinine. Needs to stay healthy and our O-line needs a huge overaul.

Hey Jackal, one thing that I know (and I don't have a link, I just know) is that when JJ came back he was not 100%, he was pushed to come back eventhough he wasn't ready. I'm not making excuses for JJ, this is what I know. That fat Bill Parcell pushes his player way too hard. :hot:

I just skimmed through the thread. What I found fascinating and slightly humorous was a man with a Qunicy Carter moniker is making bold predictions for the Cowboys.

Thank God you remembered to mention the Giants extra home game. I was worried you might try to talk NFC East football and somehow overlook it.

Julius Jones,  while I happen to be high on him as well.  He has proven nothing yet. ll before JJ will be a stud To say that he has zero chance of having another soph slump is well...........assinine.  Needs to stay healthy and our O-line needs a huge overaul.

Hey Jackal, one thing that I know (and I don't have a link, I just know) is that when JJ came back he was not 100%, he was pushed to come back eventhough he wasn't ready. I'm not making excuses for JJ, this is what I know. That fat Bill Parcell pushes his player way too hard. :hot:
i am a big fan of jones, i don't think parcells pushed him to come back early. i think of a lot of the problems he was having came down to the play calling. it seemed to me that most of his calls were runs up the middle. then when barber started getting touches they seemed to mostly go to the outside. hopefully they get the line patched up, and give him some breathing room to find a damn hole.

I just skimmed through the thread. What I found fascinating and slightly humorous was a man with a Qunicy Carter moniker is making bold predictions for the Cowboys.
and that he picked that name less than a month ago

For example, they would have been the only team all year to beat the Seahawks at Seattle if Cortez hadn't missed a freaking 29 yard field goal. To put this in context for all the idiots that are rolling their eyes, the Cowboys snapped the ball from inside the 15 yard line, or a little over ten yards the length of an extra point. This is half the distance that Feely missed his very long field goals from. With either Vanderjagt or Vinatieri, the Cowboys are 13-3 last year.
The Seahawks won that game 13-10. Another FG would've tied the game, not won it for Dallas.

All of the excuses that you make...the Redskins had to deal with nearly all of them as well. And they did just fine. :ptts:

The Redskins weren't any better than the Cowboys last year? Thats interesting...Record

Washington: 10-6

Dallas: 9-7

Advantage: Washington

Points scored

Washington: 359

Dallas: 325

Points allowed

Washingon: 293

Dallas: 308

Total yards

Washington: 5529

Dallas: 5500

Total yards allowed

Washington: 4767

Dallas: 4814

Turnovers

Washington: 27

Dallas: 31

Turnovers Forced

Washington: 28

Dallas: 26

Playoffs?

Washington: Second round

Dallas: Did not make playoffs

Head to Head

First meeting: Washington 14, Dallas 13

Second meeting: Washington 35, Dallas 7

If you notice, theres a lot of red and not a whole lot of blue in this post(none in fact).So to sum up: Washington allowed less points, scored more points, allowed less yards, gained more yards, had less turnovers, forced more turnovers, had better record, advanced farther in the playoffs, and beat Dallas both times they played.

I think I do know something you don't: the facts.

LOL at "two lucky plays" when the Cowboys only TD of that game came on a flea flicker....nice selective memory you have there.

- The Cowboys will sign either Vinatieri (originally drafted by Parcells) or Vanderjagt.  I know this because Jerry Jones pretty much told us this on a radio show.

- This is not a guarantee like the others, but if anyone from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area listened to what Jerry Jones had said during the week after Terrell Owens got "KEYSHAWNED" (cough cough, clear throat), then you would not be the least bit surprised when the Cowboys make a big run at Terrell Owens.  This is why the Eagles filed a tampering grievance towards Jerry Jones.  If Terrell Owens is signed by Dallas, then I do guarantee that the offense will be one of the best in the league.

The most important of all these is the fact that a veteran kicker will be on his way to Dallas.  The Cowboys lost three games, and almost two more, because a kicker missed an easy chip shot field goal.  For example, they would have been the only team all year to beat the Seahawks at Seattle if Cortez hadn't missed a freaking 29 yard field goal.  To put this in context for all the idiots that are rolling their eyes, the Cowboys snapped the ball from inside the 15 yard line, or a little over ten yards the length of an extra point.  This is half the distance that Feely missed his very long field goals from.  With either Vanderjagt or Vinatieri, the Cowboys are 13-3 last year.

The Cowboys, if they had given at least a 50% effort in the last game, would have been one of those rare teams to have double digit wins and miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker.  This despite the fact that they had one of the hardest schedules of all the NFL.  Even in the easiest part of the schedule, they had three out of four games on the road on the west coast.  They might have won the division if the Giants hadn't had an extra home game.  They were given the worst possible time to play at Philadelphia (Monday Night, rejuvenated team, right after TO was Keyshawned, anybody who had watched that game knows that a different Eagles team was playing than the one we saw after the Roy Williams interception), yet they still won.  They were a chip shot 29 yard field goal away from beating both teams in the NFC conference championship on the road, and they were a 34 yard field goal away from beating another of the final four teams when they played the Broncos.

As a diehard Cowboy fan I think I can confidently call :bs: on a the comment about Parcells on Bentley. Link??? The only ones talking about Bentley is the fans. Stop making crap up.TO will NOT be a Cowboy......IMO

Julius Jones, while I happen to be high on him as well. He has proven nothing yet. To say that he has zero chance of having another soph slump is well...........assinine. Needs to stay healthy and our O-line needs a huge overall before JJ will be a stud.

Also, while I agree that Dallas signs a Kicker it may not be one of the big names.

The assertion having a better Kicker =SB. Is dumb too. Yes, we lost a couple of games by some crucial misses.

My opinion as of right now.

Dallas is on track this year (IMO) to be a contender in the East race, and for a wild card spot. I see a 10-6 type year ahead for them, with probably a WildCard berth. They do nothing in the playoffs though.

:lmao: :lmao: :goodposting: man.

I agree with nearly everything you said including your prediction that they will be a contender in their division and for a WC spot...a few key bounces this year will probably decide whether or not they make they playoffs as they are right on the fence imho.

.....and some Cowboy fans wonder why other fans hate our fans and team.  Geez!!!
Not trying to start a pissing match here, but if you don't care what other teams fans think, then how come you've defended the Cowboys almost post for post against the fans of other teams in your division?

I dont care if other fans hate us. That is what I was saying. People want to bash the Cowboys and I am going to defend them whether people like me or not. I am going to stand behind my team and have high expectations every year, that is what I call being a real fan.

I doubt the Cowboys as SB contenders because I doubt the defense is really as good as people percieve. Youth is great and all, but they still lack the pass rush and the LBs are not cut out for the 3-4. Good DL depth is fine, but this should be a 4-3 team with the personell they have.

OL is a rotting decaying corpse. Without the OL the offense can't strike fear into the hearts of anyone except with trick plays.

Too many needs to address in the offseason to bring this to an automatic division contender. OL, WR, LB, FS, PK. Just too many to get stronger in all areas.

NFC East 06

Was 10-6

Dal 9-7 (miss playoffs)

Nyg- 8-8 (Boo birds rattle Eli and Tiki starts looking like the other NY RB)

Phi - 6-10 (Rebuilding year)

LOL at "two lucky plays" when the Cowboys only TD of that game came on a flea flicker....nice selective memory you have there.
Way to chime in after the fact.... :rolleyes: I dont have a selective memory, in fact, I can remember the fact that we have been handing the Redskins their asses for about a decade and a half now. Even when we were 5-11 two of our wins came against the foreskins so don't talk about who is forgetting what. Next season, the world of football will be back in order.....the Cowboys will beat the Redskins not once but twice next year.

I doubt the Cowboys as SB contenders because I doubt the defense is really as good as people percieve. Youth is great and all, but they still lack the pass rush and the LBs are not cut out for the 3-4. Good DL depth is fine, but this should be a 4-3 team with the personell they have.

OL is a rotting decaying corpse. Without the OL the offense can't strike fear into the hearts of anyone except with trick plays.

Too many needs to address in the offseason to bring this to an automatic division contender. OL, WR, LB, FS, PK. Just too many to get stronger in all areas.

NFC East 06

Was 10-6

Dal 9-7 (miss playoffs)

Nyg- 8-8 (Boo birds rattle Eli and Tiki starts looking like the other NY RB)

Phi - 6-10 (Rebuilding year)
Those holes aren't as big as you are making them out to be. We will sign a big named kicker. Our WR are just fine for one more season. Yes, the Oline could be a mess or it could be just fine. Flozell will be back. Larry Allen will probably be back. Rivera has a whole off season to heal and Rob Pettiti will have another year under his belt if he isn't replaced with a veteran. That leaves LB, which we aren't hurting that bad in the first place, and FS which will be addresses in the draft. Now as bad as you are making it out. Lots of other teams have just as many holes. No way Washington has less holes. The Cowboys will be a contender next season. Hate it all you want.

Users who are viewing this thread