What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Orlovsky is the best NFL analyst out there right now (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Have to admit, Dan Orlovsky has grown on me. He's very crisp and comes with a good take every time. He backs it up with stats and video. The segment he just did showing how the Dolphins have to attack the Bills by running the straight at Taron Johnson whenever he is in the box was excellent. I really don't think it's close right now. If not Orlovsky - who's better? He's ahead of the likes of Romo, Collinsworth and his fellow ESPN talking heads IMO

He does some Boston radio...he knows his stuff and you can feel the passion he has for it.

Yesterday Orlovsky thought Campbell was being serious when he said was distracted by the wave & didh’t know they called a tackle eligible to Sewell on 3rd & 7 with 2 minutes left.

Yeah, he’s pretty sharp.

I like Dan. When he retired in 2017 he started out shooting crude YiuTube videos. Loved his channel. He didn’t know Jack about editing but you could tell he had a good depth of knowledge.

I haven’t watched a studio segment on ESPN in over a decade so no idea what he’s up to these days unless it bleeds into Twitter. He’s ubiquitous so peripherally I’m aware he’s a thing.

His "schtick" is to breakdown game film. The guys that do that a lot (e.g. Baldy) come across well.

Think 180 degrees from Skip Bayless and his ilk.

Orlovsky is pretty detailed and pretty good, and usually sticks to football talk instead of cutesy showy little bits they do on GMFB and other shows. One of the most informative football analysts currently.

Bad haircut though. Look at the sides -- he looks like he uses an electric razor on them during his third drink every evening.

cutesy showy little bits they do on GMFB and other shows

this is why I stick to podcasts, Twitter and select YouTube channels. if I watch ESPN/NFLN/any network pregame, my brain cells start committing mass suicide.
I can make it through the first segment of the NFLN fantasy show before they start going all shtick.

Not to go off on an old guy tangent but I always wonder who wants to watch that fluff…is there any evidence at all that it increases ratings? It’s like when I see that Maria Taylor on Sunday night football…what exactly is she adding for that big contract…Garrett is awful as well but at least he played and coached…too much of NFL programming apears to be dedicated to get those last 50 people in America who don ‘t watch it to watch it as opposed to doing anything for their core audience…so, trying to bring it back to the topic…we need more Dan O type of stuff.

cutesy showy little bits they do on GMFB and other shows

this is why I stick to podcasts, Twitter and select YouTube channels. if I watch ESPN/NFLN/any network pregame, my brain cells start committing mass suicide.
This all day every day
-ESPN/Big Giant Mouse, I hate the whole entity and it starts with them putting Adam Snifter on the TV like he's a cutting edge football journalist, he reminds of several movie characters you want to strangle by the middle of the film, nails on a chalkboard. Just Tweet out your updates and be happy with that.

And I lost a lot of love for the nFLN pregame which I thought was pretty solid for a while with the likes of Marshall Faulk and others who weren't afraid to speak their minds and also apparently hit on supporting staff and make up/hair folks to the point they suspended and then cancelled them out, never to be heard from again.

Just awful, i don't even flip anything on until NFLRZ with about 30 seconds left of countdown music.

don't even flip anything on until NFLRZ with about 30 seconds left of countdown music.
I like that music so I put it on about 5 minutes early.

Then it's a flip between that and my local game with RZ on during all timeouts and halftime.
I am so glad (BK...have it your way) you brought this up because from time to time (BK...have it your way) I get so caught up in the local game that I forget (BK...have it your way) to switch channels back to commercial free football (BK...have it your way) and if I hear that ****ing jingle one more time I'm gonna go deaf, i can't stand it and I also don't eat at fast food joints so this one is especially painful when it plays, worst singing EVER and done on purpose to keep ringing in your ears long after the network runs it 100x during the games

His breakdowns and takes are usually pretty good, but I don't know why all these guys have to yell like Stephen A all the time. Orlovsky yells a little more than I'd like. I'd like him more if he just settled down a bit.

His breakdowns and takes are usually pretty good, but I don't know why all these guys have to yell like Stephen A all the time. Orlovsky yells a little more than I'd like. I'd like him more if he just settled down a bit.

Loud and with some type of funky sneaker/shoe...par for the course.

Dan Orlovsky
@danorlovsky7
The Raiders have the 32nd-ranked defense since Carr entered the league. Has never played on a team that ranked better than 20th on defense.
Someone next year is going to get a top 12 player at the position man!!!!
-----------------------------------------
He 'probably' is a top-12 QB.
I think a 'solid' team can easily win with a top-12 QB.

Orlovsky is better than some, but overall his takes can run somewhat hot for my taste. Not that great an analyst, despite the film credentials.

Another great conversation featuring Dan explaining the benefits of SF's ability to run 21 personnel.
Another excellent in-depth discussion worth checking out.
---------------------------------------
Dan Orlovsky
@danorlovsky7

This conversation could go on for hours—so thankful to be in these.
https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1615485113822842882
----------------------
Randy Wilkins@pamsson
This was really, really good.
-----
...More segments like this! Scheme analysis > Hot takes

Users who are viewing this thread