What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darren McFadden (1 Viewer)

Relax, guy.
I am actually very relaxed. I appreciate the suggestion.
Probably mid to late 2nd round
Thats what I am afraid off. I have the fourth overall pick so I am going to lock up a stud running back and I am think DMC is going to fall to me in the second possibly. If he is there, do I pass on him or grab a wideout. I always wait on a qb and a tight end. Is he worth a mid second round pick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax, guy.
Thats what I am afraid off. I have the fourth overall pick so I am going to lock up a stud running back and I am think DMC is going to fall to me in the second possibly. If he is there, do I pass on him or grab a wideout. I always wait on a qb and a tight end. Is he worth a mid second round pick?
Depends on who else is available and who you take at 1.4. If rice, McCoy or foster fall to you then you might draft Rodgers or Calvin and in that case, maybe you draft him.

Relax, guy.
I would wait until the late third. Lock up your WR1. NB: I predicted that DMAC would be inconsistent due to injury concerns so, take my point of view with a grain of salt.

His stock will rise considerably after he is traded to the Pats during the NFL Draft.
1. I would be shocked if New England traded for him.2. I can't think of a worse situation for a running back to be in outside of NE.
How about Philly, Baltimore, Houston, or Minnesota? He would be a backup. That would be worse. So would many other teams. As a Packers fan, I sure as #### hope he isn't traded to Detroit.

His stock will rise considerably after he is traded to the Pats during the NFL Draft.
1. I would be shocked if New England traded for him.2. I can't think of a worse situation for a running back to be in outside of NE.
How about Philly, Baltimore, Houston, or Minnesota? He would be a backup. That would be worse. So would many other teams. As a Packers fan, I sure as #### hope he isn't traded to Detroit.
Got me...I should have been more clear. Of the teams where he would be considered the "top back" I cannot think of a worse landing spot than NE. As a Detroit fan I would be disappointed if they wasted a pick on this guy.

I think some players have to be viewed as "what it is" instead of constantly looking at the homerun swing for the fences, upside, or the ever-dreaded "potential".

I know. Its nature to chase the upside and new toys but when you look at DMAC very logically:

-You have a guy that has multiple years in the league.

-You know that it is likely for you (and others) to think highly of him because he has had some great flashes.

-But, the fact is, he has only stayed healthy for the entire year you need him ONE TIME.

-Lots of guys have done great things ONCE.

Overall, when you are looking at using your most valuable picks on a guy, you generally MUST have those picks work out reasonably well and I just don't think you can risk a top 1 or 2 pick on him. Not that he can't be all that and a bag of cheetos, but its really hard to do these days; especially when you have to realistically think that one of those top two picks might be used on one of the elite QBs and we have to face facts: there are about 5-6 QBs that are legit difference makers now with the way the ball is being thrown these days. the difference in having one of those guys versus a RB that may only play 10 games is HUGE. We just can't operate on those old thoughts anymore.

'LawFitz said:
When was the last time the Pats traded for a RB? Why is it always the Pats that everyone says player x will be traded to?

'LawFitz said:
When was the last time the Pats traded for a RB? Why is it always the Pats that everyone says player x will be traded to?
The last time I can think of was Corey Dillon for a second rounder. But I just can't fathom them giving up a first for DMC, even if it is the 32nd pick.

This is all speculation because we have no factual reason to think Oakland is shopping him, right?

But, that being said, I could see a new HC and GM wanting to have a first round pick. And they have no first round pick because of Palmer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to trade up to get a first. How? DMAC would be one way. Not sure if someone would swap a second and a first if they threw in one of their two QBs. That's about all I see.

All speculation but here you go with some facts:

1. Reggie McKenzie, the new Raiders GM, spent the last umpteen years in Green Bay's front office where they value draft picks very much, and running backs, not so much.

2. The Pats have a boat load of draft picks (as usual) including two firsts and two seconds in 2012. Belichick traded a #2 for Dillon. They don't have an elite talent at RB currently. They are the one team in the league positioned to give up a #1 or a #2 and another later pick for DMC, while still having a full slate of picks left over.

3. At least one Raiders' beat writer speculated on the possibility of trading DMC.

'LawFitz said:
Really? You can't think of a worse situation than the team that has rushed for more TDs over the last two years than anyone except for Houston and San Diego? The team that has turned BenJarvus Green-Ellis into a top-24 fantasy back in each of the past two seasons? Sounds to me like a failure of imagination.New England's RBs have scored more fantasy points over the past two seasons than all but 8 teams (Houston, Oakland, San Diego, New Orleans, Kansas City, Baltimore, Giants, and Falcons, for those curious). With BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead. Darren McFadden would be unstoppable in that offense.

Not saying its a real possibility, but bringing in an elite talent at RB would be a great way to head off Brady's eventual decline and become a more balanced offense, to continue competing for a bunch more years.

Personally don't see the pats as a great location. He'd be a situational player like their backs have been. Prolly have a high ypc but doubt he sees the ball more than 200 times and wouldn't be in at the goalline.

'LawFitz said:
Really? You can't think of a worse situation than the team that has rushed for more TDs over the last two years than anyone except for Houston and San Diego? The team that has turned BenJarvus Green-Ellis into a top-24 fantasy back in each of the past two seasons? Sounds to me like a failure of imagination.New England's RBs have scored more fantasy points over the past two seasons than all but 8 teams (Houston, Oakland, San Diego, New Orleans, Kansas City, Baltimore, Giants, and Falcons, for those curious). With BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead. Darren McFadden would be unstoppable in that offense.
You really think they put glass Joe in at the goalline?

'Casting Couch said:
Problem is the constant injury threat. It's a huge red flag, imo.
You just have to make sure you have other options. Because when he does play, he's electric.

I think the following would be excellent landing spots for DMcF:

[in no particular order]

Seattle (if Lynch not retained)

Cleveland

Cincinnati (if Benson not retained)

Indianapolis

New York Jets

Washington

'Synesthesia said:
Darren McFadden would be unstoppable in that offense.
I'm not saying they are on the same level, but Ridley is getting warmed up and they have so many needs on the D side of the ball that I'd like to see every pick used to upgrade that side of the ball.

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'LawFitz said:
The Pats traded for Corey Dillon in 2004.

You really think they'd pay Oakland's asking cost if they didn't intend to use DMC? Suggesting New England would pay what it took to get McFadden and then give him fewer than 200 touches is crazy.
I'm not saying they are on the same level, but Ridley is getting warmed up and they have so many needs on the D side of the ball that I'd like to see every pick used to upgrade that side of the ball.
Not saying that they will get McFadden, or even that they should get McFadden. I'm just saying that if they did get McFadden- if they liked him enough that they'd trade what it took to acquire him and pay what it took to extend him- then I would have no qualms taking him in the 1st round of any draft next year, regardless of format. If New England got McFadden, he'd be a stud.

You really think they'd pay Oakland's asking cost if they didn't intend to use DMC? Suggesting New England would pay what it took to get McFadden and then give him fewer than 200 touches is crazy.
Not saying that they will get McFadden, or even that they should get McFadden. I'm just saying that if they did get McFadden- if they liked him enough that they'd trade what it took to acquire him and pay what it took to extend him- then I would have no qualms taking him in the 1st round of any draft next year, regardless of format. If New England got McFadden, he'd be a stud.
If New England took him that would be less wear and tear on his body and lots goal line opps. I guess it depends on what pick you have in the first round. Maybe a late rounder perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread