What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darren Sproles looks better than LT! Seriously. (1 Viewer)

PBateman

Footballguy
After watching Sproles in the pre-season and watching all of today's Charger game and some of their week 1 game, I think Sproles looks more dangerous and explosive than the great Tomlinson. The toe has got to be a small factor, but Sproles looks explosive, evasive and shows great vision. He reminds me a little bit of MJD and every time I see Sproles touch the ball, I think of Reggie Bush at USC. Sproles seems to be developing nicely. I realize he is under sized, but he is a legitimate play maker on special teams and in the regular offense. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproles is a great COP... but hes not built to take the full load. Hes a great football player, same goes for Leon in NY.

PS: SD was fing Robbed

Sproles was Barry Sanders-esque at Kansas State, always fun to watch, and extremely explosive. With that being said, I'll eat my hat if he can handle more than 150+ carries in any given season.

PBateman said:
After watching Sproles in the pre-season and watching all of today's Charger game and some of their week 1 game, I think Sproles looks more dangerous and explosive than the great Tomlinson. The toe has got to be a small factor, but Sproles looks explosive, evasive and shows great vision. He reminds me a little bit of MJD and every time I see Sproles touch the ball, I think of Reggie Bush at USC. Sproles seems to be developing nicely. I realize he is under sized, but he is a legitimate play maker on special teams and in the regular offense. Any thoughts?
:grad:

KellysHeroes said:
Sproles is a great COP... but hes not built to take the full load. Hes a great football player, same goes for Leon in NY.

I didn't get a chance to see the game...what happened?

KellysHeroes said:

Cutler fumbled a pass attempt in the last minute and they incorrectly blew the play dead (SD recovered the ball). They gave Den the ball back and they won the game...just an awful call that swung the game..

KellysHeroes said:

Cutler fumbled a pass attempt in the last minute and they incorrectly blew the play dead (SD recovered the ball). They gave Den the ball back and they won the game...just an awful call that swung the game..
Yeah. I just watched it on the replays.After so many years in the league and Hochli blows the whistle? Joke

KellysHeroes said:

Denver scored 15 of their pts. on blown calls. Their first score came off of a turnover that wasn't. Replay showed the receivers elbow was on the turf while he was still in possession of the ball. Oddly enough - even though I was shown the replay in my living room the play couldn't be reviewed because the replay equipment was broken. :mellow: (Here's a thought they might want to consider next time when their replay equipment is broken. Turn your ### around and take a look at the 2 story high big screen behind you.). Then on Denver's final drive Cutler dropped the football as his arm was going back to pass (hand was clearly empty when his arm began moving forward). Ed Hoculi (great ref by the way) blew the play dead, not allowing San Diego to recover the fumble that wasn't. For the life of me, I can't believe professional referees continue to get this wrong. For the love of God if you aren't POSITIVE a play wasn't a fumble keep the damn whistle in your pocket!!! Once you blow a play dead, that's it -you've ended the play. But if you just allow the play to happen for safety sake you can always go back and review it.

So Hoculi reviewed it (why I have no idea because even if the Chargers are right you can't do ##### about it!) and said, "Yep, I was wrong. It was a fumble. But I blew the play dead. Of course I knew I blew the play dead all along regardless of what the replay showed me so I've really just wasted the last 3 minutes of your life."

Denver throws a TD on the next play, completes the 2 pt. conversion and that's that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Hoculi reviewed it (why I have no idea because even if the Chargers are right you can't do ##### about it!) and said, "Yep, I was wrong. It was a fumble. But I blew the play dead. Of course I knew I blew the play dead all along regardless of what the replay showed me so I've really just wasted the last 3 minutes of your life."Denver throws a TD on the next play, completes the 2 pt. conversion and that's that.
They had to determine if the ball would be spotted back at the 2yd line (if incomplete) or where the ball was fumbled at the 10 yd line.

This is a Darren Sproles thread, not a refs gave the game to DEN thread. There's a large thread going on right now about the refs blowing the calls...

TitusIII said:
Sproles was Barry Sanders-esque at Kansas State, always fun to watch, and extremely explosive. With that being said, I'll eat my hat if he can handle more than 150+ carries in any given season.
T-141 carries.

Users who are viewing this thread