What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darren Sproles (1 Viewer)

CalvinJ55

Footballguy
Does everyone agree with where Dodds has Sproles in his Top 200 going forward? I can't quite figure out why he has him ranked so highly.

His touches per game do seem to be slightly higher than past seasons, but he has actually had a reduced number of targets/game and has been used slightly less in the red zone. Is he playing more snaps/game? Or is there another reason Dodds has him ranked so highly?

6 catches in the first two games is not bad at all, what he does with it after you cant predict.

4 catches in the last game could be due to the huge lead.

Plus Jimmy Graham is a football reception vaccuum!!!

I think the monster year that Graham is having is stealing the fantasy points that would normally go to Sproles. If Graham continues to outperform his lofty expectations then Sproles will continue underperform his. He still is a starter but he just won't approach the lofty projections that have been thrown his way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the monster year that Graham is having is stealing the fantasy points that would normally go to Sproles. If Graham continues to outperform his lofty expectations then Sproles will continue underperform his. He still is a starter but he just won't approach the lofty projections that have been thrown his way.
There is no way Graham continues at the pace he's on. Defenses will really put an effort to focus on slowing him down.

Eventually Sproles will see TDs. Until then though he'll consistently score between 10 an 20 fantasy points in PPR.

There is no way Graham continues at the pace he's on. Defenses will really put an effort to focus on slowing him down.
Meach is getting back into game shape and should take some targets as well.

I agree. When they start to double/triple Graham in the endzone, it will really open up the check down pass to Sproles.

I love owning this guy.

I agree that when DC start to double or triple up on Graham things will open up even more for Sproles. He's one of the most dangerous players, in one of the most potent offenses, in the league.

Edit: Meachem's deep routes help his value

I own him in one league, and am trying to trade for him in others. I don't think his value will be lower than it is right now.

Perhaps the phasing out of Mark Ingram?
Actually yeah.

You may ask, well so what Ingram wasn't doing anything. - Well to me it's red zone opportunities, especially goal line and inside the 10, I can see the Saints doing more swing passes to Sproles near the goal line.

I was offered Sproles straight up for Lamar Miller in my non PPR dynasty league. I'm intrigued and I need a solid RB which I think Sproles has consistently showed in his years. We get points for returns, etc as well. Not sure if I'm ready to give up on Lamar but I'm in a win now mode lol. My other RBs are: Ridley/Pierce/Moreno/L. Miller. :cry: Thoughts?

I was offered Sproles straight up for Lamar Miller in my non PPR dynasty league. I'm intrigued and I need a solid RB which I think Sproles has consistently showed in his years. We get points for returns, etc as well. Not sure if I'm ready to give up on Lamar but I'm in a win now mode lol. My other RBs are: Ridley/Pierce/Moreno/L. Miller. :cry: Thoughts?
If you are in 'win now mode' I say do it, man. Sproles TDs should come and the return yards makes it a no brainer for me.

I keep starting Sproles over Bernard in my PPR. I am 3-0 but it's getting harder to justify this. Leaning towards going with Bernard this week but I am nervous this is the week I get a TD from Sproles.

I keep starting Sproles over Bernard in my PPR. I am 3-0 but it's getting harder to justify this. Leaning towards going with Bernard this week but I am nervous this is the week I get a TD from Sproles.
Wow, this would be a no-brainer for me. Gio for sure. Sproles should not be starting on a decent FF team.

The Saints will need productivity from him fr their offense to be even more effective going forward. he will get plenty of touches i feel

Wow, this would be a no-brainer for me. Gio for sure. Sproles should not be starting on a decent FF team.
You're being sarcastic right?
I'm not kidding. I agree, Sproles is startable in a PPR, but he is vastly overrated. In standard scoring, he is a RB3. He almost never scores, but has a nice game occasionally, though it's been a while. These aren't the Saints of years past, they aren't scoring like that anymore. Expecting even RB2 numbers in a non-PPR is too much.

Anybody starting Sproles over Gio based on what we've seen in 3 weeks, is crazy.

The guy said it's ppr
sproles is another example of the "I spent a high pick on X and therefore I need to start him".

If we redrafted today, Sproles would drop in just about every league. You need to be objective. He is still a nice player, but he will in no way live up to his lofty projections. If its between Gio and Sproles in a PPR. Easy decision for me at this point. Its Gio.

Doesn't mean you cut Sproles. Just means you adjust your expectations.

In my 12 teamer he is rb 12. That's a rb1 in ppr with some return yard points. Even without the return yards he's a high rb2. Starting gio over him is one thing, saying he's not startable is another

Sproles is the quintessential flex player. Besides his monster season a couple of years ago, he hasn't been much more than a RB3/flex in non-ppr.

Sproles is the quintessential flex player. Besides his monster season a couple of years ago, he hasn't been much more than a RB3/flex in non-ppr.
"non-ppr" is the key phrase there. I'm in a full-point PPR league, and even though he hasn't scored a TD yet, he's still the #18 RB in my league. Ahead of the following RBs drafted before him ... Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, CJ Spiller, Steven Jackson, Maurice Jones-Drew.

He is actually on pace for a great season. After 3 games, he is on track for 96 carries for 347 yards, and 85 catches for 869 yards. He has averaged 8.5 TDs the past two seasons, so if he gets even 6 by season's end, he'll be well worth the pick that people spent to draft him. I got him in the late 3rd round as the 16th RB off the board. I'm confident that he'll finish better than that.

Since coming over from SD he has finished as RB11 and RB23. He is slightly off RB2 pace right now but I think he finishes in RB14-18 range.

In my standard PPR, he's been RB5 and RB8 in PPG. (not sure where you got him as RB11 in 2011, as he didn't miss a game there).

Really now?
In my PPR league, Sproles in 1 half has the most points of any RB in the league this week. Pretty sure he should start for any PPR team. If he has has a couple more catches in the second half, he will be the #5 RB in PPR so far. Last year he was #12 in PPR. 2011, he was #5 in PPR.

Anyway who says that about PPR is not winning many leagues at all.

The guy said it's ppr
sproles is another example of the "I spent a high pick on X and therefore I need to start him".

If we redrafted today, Sproles would drop in just about every league. You need to be objective. He is still a nice player, but he will in no way live up to his lofty projections. If its between Gio and Sproles in a PPR. Easy decision for me at this point. Its Gio.

Doesn't mean you cut Sproles. Just means you adjust your expectations.
:lmao: nice

Statorama said:
stbugs said:
mr roboto said:
mr roboto said:
Looks like he's lost a step to me
Nope.
Yea, still nope.
Still nope again.
Dolphins have a way of making people look faster. Talk to me next week and lets see how snarky you are then. Until then, be happy you were born in the 90's.
Did you watch the game last night? Sproles, once again, looked like the fastest and quickest guy on the field.

Your initial comment was comical and you should've never clicked back into this thread, rookie.

Users who are viewing this thread