What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darrent Williams or Domonique Foxworth (1 Viewer)

Warpig

Footballguy
I see alot of love on these boards for Darrent, yet Domonique had better stats, played in more games, and is a little bigger if I'm not mistaken. Also, when I referred to a website containing well maintained depth charts that was highly regarded here it showed Domonique as the starter opposite Champ. Can anyone shed a little more light on this? Or is it still a crapshoot so far?

:football:

Williams started the vast majority of games opposite Champ last year. Walls started the first two weeks, Williams took over the following 10 weeks or so, and Foxworth jumped into the starting lineup after Williams went down with an injury.

Williams is shorter than Foxworth, but is overall the bigger player (weighs 10lbs more despite being 3" shorter). More importantly, the Broncos burned a 2nd-round pick on Williams and a 3rd-round pick on Foxworth. As a result, I would assume Williams has the short-term edge on Foxworth.

Williams was clearly the better CB of the two last year. As much as I hate such short CBs, Williams plays well above his height due to his athleticism, read ability, and recovery speed.

Foxworth only got so much playing time because first Bailey got hurt, and then Williams got hurt. PIT exposed Foxworth big-time in the AFC championship game when they caught him giving up gigantic cushions because of his lack of speed/reaction to keep up with WRs.

I think Foxworth will be a decent player - starter caliber once he gets experience - in the NFL, but Williams will be special.

I agree that Williams is the better CB too, but in fantasy football scoring, you want to stay away from the top CBs since they don't get as good of stats. Having a Foxworth could score better because he is the guy teams are throwing at, so he is getting more tackles and int possibilities. The risky part though is if he sucks too bad, then he will get benched. Having Champ on the other side does help Williams cause so Williams will probably have better stats early in a season, but if either gets dinged with an injury, Foxworth's stock will rise sharply if he comes in as the replacement player.

As it is, Foxworth could get some points as the nickel CB as teams target him in their 3-WR sets.

Overall though, safeties are the better option so you would need to be starting 4+ DBs/week in a 12+ league to even consider Foxworth barring an injury to Bailey or Williams.

I think it's actually Foxworth vs. Karl Paymuh in regards to who'll get the most playing time.

Broncos | D. Williams looking to improve in second season

Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:04:36 -0700

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos CB Darrent Williams is looking to improve in his second season after starting nine games as a rookie last season. "It's a lot more relaxed this time, not so much pressure because I pretty much know the defense," Williams said. "Now it's about coming here and getting better. Before, you're doing all you can do just to learn the defense; now you can come out here and get better, working on my craft, my technique. Because if you don't, they have somebody else who will." Williams has been starting opposite CB Champ Bailey thus far during camp.

Weiner Dog said:
Broncos | D. Williams looking to improve in second season

Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:04:36 -0700

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos CB Darrent Williams is looking to improve in his second season after starting nine games as a rookie last season. "It's a lot more relaxed this time, not so much pressure because I pretty much know the defense," Williams said. "Now it's about coming here and getting better. Before, you're doing all you can do just to learn the defense; now you can come out here and get better, working on my craft, my technique. Because if you don't, they have somebody else who will." Williams has been starting opposite CB Champ Bailey thus far during camp.
Yeah, I've pretty much accepted this. I'm cool knowing that Foxworth will still get a lot of playing time at the nickel until Bailey gets hurt again. :o

I agree that Williams is the better CB too, but in fantasy football scoring, you want to stay away from the top CBs since they don't get as good of stats. Having a Foxworth could score better because he is the guy teams are throwing at, so he is getting more tackles and int possibilities. The risky part though is if he sucks too bad, then he will get benched. Having Champ on the other side does help Williams cause so Williams will probably have better stats early in a season, but if either gets dinged with an injury, Foxworth's stock will rise sharply if he comes in as the replacement player.As it is, Foxworth could get some points as the nickel CB as teams target him in their 3-WR sets.Overall though, safeties are the better option so you would need to be starting 4+ DBs/week in a 12+ league to even consider Foxworth barring an injury to Bailey or Williams.
Williams is playing opposite Champ Bailey. Who will they throw at?

Users who are viewing this thread