What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dat Nguyen Vs. Lemar Marshall or (1 Viewer)

consumedspy

Footballguy
Hey guys,Right now I have Dat on my roster, however my faith in the new Dallas D is shaky. I have Marshall, Bell and Darling on the wire still and was wondering if any of these guys might help me out a little more than Dat would. Thanks in advance.Scoring is Solo-1 Asst-05 Sack-3 Pass Def-1 INT-2

Hey guys,

Right now I have Dat on my roster, however my faith in the new Dallas D is shaky. I have Marshall, Bell and Darling on the wire still and was wondering if any of these guys might help me out a little more than Dat would. Thanks in advance.

Scoring is Solo-1

Asst-05

Sack-3

Pass Def-1

INT-2
Darling is nothing more than a band-aid so I would avoid him. Bell, if you read the reports they will drive you nuts. Some say he will never be healthy and some say the Chiefs are saving him. I would avoid him altogether.

Nguyen- is is slated to be the WILB. This generally is the highest scoring position in a 3-4. However, he is still a small LB who continually makes plays year in and year out.

Marshall- is interesting. I would go this route but keep a careful eye on Holdman.

Tom

I would rank them as follows:BellDarlingMarshallNguyenBell and Darling are LB's in weak defenses who figure to be on the field a lot. Bell should also be used to blitz a fair amount, and will get a decent amount of points from sacks. I'm not convinced that Marshall will be as good of a tackler at MLB than Pierce was, although he is a good on-field defensive captain. Nguyen I downgrade simply because that's a hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense, and a brand new one at that, and it's unclear how much he's going to be on the field. Remember, he's much smaller than the prototypical ILB in a 3-4. (Compare him with Zach Thomas in Miami.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take Dat over any of those guys. Realize that Parcells was trying to replace him because he's not the size he wants his LB's to be. At this point, I think Parcells is smart enough to realize that he can play pretty well, so you fix what's broke, and Dat ain't it.While I agree that the KC Defense will be on the field a lot, Kendrell "Can't Answer the" Bell likely won't be. I'd rate his over/under as 8 games played, and unfortunately sometimes you won't be able to start him due to not knowing if questionable means out, or if doubtful means will play. He's just a huge headache to count on.Darling is a stop-gap guy, and isn't that talented. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job mid-season or sooner.Marshall is the only one I'd even consider to make a move for, I prefer Nguyen, but you may see something I don't.

I would rank them as follows:

Bell

Darling

Marshall

Nguyen

Bell and Darling are LB's in weak defenses who figure to be on the field a lot. Bell should also be used to blitz a fair amount, and will get a decent amount of points from sacks.

I'm not convinced that Marshall will be as good of a tackler at MLB than Pierce was, although he is a good on-field defensive captain.

Nguyen I downgrade simply because that's a hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense, and a brand new one at that, and it's unclear how much he's going to be on the field. Remember, he's much smaller than the prototypical ILB in a 3-4. (Compare him with Zach Thomas in Miami.)
Thomas will be playing in a 3-4 this year for the first time. He has been your prototypical MLB for the last few years.Remember that Darling is a fill-in for Hayes who will be back before the midway point and also that Bell has not played a down this summer

Tom

Thanks guys, It seems that there are some different views but that's what makes all this fun! EJ Henderson is now available, would he be better off than the guys I have in the topic?

Remember that Darling is a fill-in for Hayes who will be back before the midway point and also that Bell has not played a down this summer

Tom
Good point on Darling. This is the danger in putting too much stock in last year's numbers. :unsure: I still like Bell's sack potential, but I guess that puts Marshall and Nguyen ahead of Darling.

The guy here you want is Lemar Marshall. Dat is a good defensive player, but you know what you are getting from him (80 solos and 30 assists). Which isn't bad but this year his numbers are going to drop a little being in that 3-4 a lot. The player you want is Marshall. He is a 3 down LB and will be all over the field. Antonio Pierce isn't really that talented but the system is a MLB friendly system. Marshall is a great LB 3 and will be a top 20 Lb when the season is over.

Users who are viewing this thread