What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daunte Culpepper criticism (1 Viewer)

Man that was quick.. just a few post before you were saying you didn't hate Culpepper, you just thought the vikigns had a better chance with Ferrotte.. and now you say that without the Vikings Talent he wouldn't even be in the league.If that isn't hatred towards one player I'm not sure what it is???Let it go, let it go.. Deal with the fact that Culpepper, short of injury will be the teams QB for at least the next 3 years.... I'm still blown away that you truly beleive that "Almost all" the other NFL teams have a better QB than Culpepper. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Like I stated before I have nothing personal against Culpepper other than I know the Vikings cant win with him. I wanted him to be the QB of the future when he started there as much as anyone. He just isnt any good. Simple as that. Its time to start looking for the man who can take them to the big game. Its not Culpepper. :cool:

And has anyone given thought to the fact that Culpepper is pressing now because he no longer feels the team can win without the offense putting up 40+ points? Last year this is what happened, and now, after his team has played as bad a stretch defensively as ANY TEAM IN THE LAST DECADE, one could argue he's trying to make too many things happen, which is what he WASN'T doing early in the year (when he won NFC Player of the Month i might add).Cheers
I think your vision is clouded because of his fantasy football production.His pick returned for a TD was a horrible decision. Why would he be pressing at the beginning of the game? His fumble was just another in his unprecendented display of fumbling in a career. Nobody, not even Kerry Collins, fumbles as much as Dante. For the record, he has fumbled 46 times in the last 35 games. When you add in his 42 picks over that time span, how exactly do you expect his defense to be good?The Vikings D was ranked in the bottom third when Cunningham was there and they won. It was ranked in the bottom third when Jeff George was there and they won. It was ranked in the bottom third when Dante took over and they won his first year. Since getting crushehed by the Giants he has regressed. He has gained weight. He fumbles more. He throws more picks. Not surprisingly, his team loses. He has been rewarded with a big contract despite his teams failures and his lack of improvement. I don't see how that motivates him to get better.Edit: Without Daunte's miscues, they would have won last week scoring 14 points.I also apologize to Daunte for leaving the "u" out of his name in most of the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
And has anyone given thought to the fact that Culpepper is pressing now because he no longer feels the team can win without the offense putting up 40+ points? Last year this is what happened, and now, after his team has played as bad a stretch defensively as ANY TEAM IN THE LAST DECADE, one could argue he's trying to make too many things happen, which is what he WASN'T doing early in the year (when he won NFC Player of the Month i might add).Cheers
I think your vision is clouded because of his fantasy football production.His pick returned for a TD was a horrible decision. Why would he be pressing at the beginning of the game? His fumble was just another in his unprecendented display of fumbling in a career. Nobody, not even Kerry Collins, fumbles as much as Dante. For the record, he has fumbled 46 times in the last 35 games. When you add in his 42 picks over that time span, how exactly do you expect his defense to be good?The Vikings D was ranked in the bottom third when Cunningham was there and they won. It was ranked in the bottom third when Jeff George was there and they won. It was ranked in the bottom third when Dante took over and they won his first year. Since getting crushehed by the Giants he has regressed. He has gained weight. He fumbles more. He throws more picks. Not surprisingly, his team loses. He has been rewarded with a big contract despite his teams failures and his lack of improvement. I don't see how that motivates him to get better.
:thumbup:

Still nothing but Dante bashing going on here and still not 1 legit reason why Gus should be getting the start. Still just a lot of fluff.MrSkoal (apologies, I believe this is how you want emphasis) argument that the Vikes are 2-0 with Gus starting and 4-4 with Dante starting is almost as insane as saying the Vikings were 6-0 when Michael Bennett was inactive and 0-4 when Bennett is active.Sad, sad, sad.The BlueOnion

As a Viking fan, I would say almost all the teams in the NFL have a Qb that I would rather start for the Vikings than Culpepper. Some teams have 2 that I would rather have play before Culpepper. The only reason he is still in the NFL is because he has and had alot of weapons on the Minnesota offense to go to. Put him on a team without so many weapons and he would have been out of the league by now. :cool:
Here are 20 current starters on other teams that would ride the pine behind Culpepper:HarringtonBollerChandlerBreesKittnerCarterLeftwichGrieseRattayCollinsBlakeBledsoeCarrRamseyMaddoxDelhommeHolcombKitnaHasselbeckPlummerSome of the young guys may be stars in the future, but for now, I think these guys would be behind Pepper.My decisions were entirely arbitrary. You may disagree with one or two of those names -- if so, consider swapping them with others: McNabb, Pennington, Brooks, or Johnson.The point is, Culpepper is, by any reasonable metric, in the top third of the QBs in the NFL. He's still a young guy, and will only get better in the future. Vikings homers sshould be happy to have him! He had a bad game this past weekend, but has had a very good season (3rd in QB passer rating).

Here are 20 current starters on other teams that would ride the pine behind Culpepper:HarringtonBollerChandlerBreesKittnerCarterLeftwichGrieseRattayCollinsBlakeBledsoeCarrRamseyMaddoxDelhommeHolcombKitnaHasselbeckPlummerSome of the young guys may be stars in the future, but for now, I think these guys would be behind Pepper.My decisions were entirely arbitrary. You may disagree with one or two of those names -- if so, consider swapping them with others: McNabb, Pennington, Brooks, or Johnson.The point is, Culpepper is, by any reasonable metric, in the top third of the QBs in the NFL. He's still a young guy, and will only get better in the future. Vikings homers sshould be happy to have him! He had a bad game this past weekend, but has had a very good season (3rd in QB passer rating).
:wacko: Your an idiot :lol: :shock:

Nice comeback, jackass. Clearly you are all fluff and no substance.

Still nothing but Dante bashing going on here and still not 1 legit reason why Gus should be getting the start. Still just a lot of fluff.MrSkoal (apologies, I believe this is how you want emphasis) argument that the Vikes are 2-0 with Gus starting and 4-4 with Dante starting is almost as insane as saying the Vikings were 6-0 when Michael Bennett was inactive and 0-4 when Bennett is active.Sad, sad, sad.The BlueOnion
Way to change the subject to the running game. Thats what Dante would want you to say. You are his father right? :wacko:

Maybe you should watch the games instead of haveing your mother explain whats going on to you. :cool: :wacko: :shock:

Maybe you should watch the games instead of haveing your mother explain whats going on to you. :cool: :wacko: :shock:
Wow -- a 'mother' and a 'father' reference, back-to-back. Nice. Are you 10 years old? Maybe your mommy and daddy can buy you a nice toy for Christmas this year, so you can leave the football discussions to the adults.Anyway, I don't have time to babysit. Maybe we'll talk when you're all grown up. -Adog out.

I agree with your post until the end.I don't think that he will necessarily get better because he gets older. Dwight Gooden never got better. Some players it it early and don't improve. Now maybe Daunte will go im Plunkett and I am wrong, but I have seen moreindications of him getting worse than I have of seeing him get better.Again, I am not saying you have a better chance to win with another QB on the roster. What I am saying is that you will always have a bad defense and have difficulty beating good teams if you have a QB that not only consumes a significant part of your salary cap and also turns it over 1.5 times a game.

Wow -- a 'mother' and a 'father' reference, back-to-back. Nice. Are you 10 years old? Maybe your mommy and daddy can buy you a nice toy for Christmas this year, so you can leave the football discussions to the adults.Anyway, I don't have time to babysit. Maybe we'll talk when you're all grown up. -Adog out.
What are you plans for Sunday, since i already know you dont watch football? If you did you would know something about it. :yes:

What in the world is going on here? These comments back to each other are just plain silly. Knock it off and get back to the subject at hand.

What in the world is going on here? These comments back to each other are just plain silly. Knock it off and get back to the subject at hand.
It is simple to figure out.. Mrskoal333 + Bait = Fishing Expedition.. Guessing there have been 332 other MrsKoal's banned before :P :P :P PLEASE LET THIS POST DIE!!! :yucky: :yucky:

It is simple to figure out.. Mrskoal333 + Bait = Fishing Expedition.. Guessing there have been 332 other MrsKoal's banned before :P :P :P PLEASE LET THIS POST DIE!!! :yucky: :yucky:
I really wish you would grow up and talk about the post that your posting in. :angry: :wacko: :shock: :yucky: :rolleyes:

It is possible the defense gets more motivated (less tired) when the QB is not turning the ball over.
You're right. He may be pressing. But is isnt working. Why would you not try something different? Is this the Rob Johnson mentality that we saw in Buffalo?JAA

you all know c-pep is going to explode this week because of this thread righti just hope its all to mossc-pepp 21-35 350 yards 3 td's 2 intsand moss has 12 for 221 and 3 td's :thumbup:

you all know c-pep is going to explode this week because of this thread righti just hope its all to mossc-pepp 21-35 350 yards 3 td's 2 intsand moss has 12 for 221 and 3 td's :thumbup:
This may be true but will Minnesota win with Culpepper under center? :cool:

I've watched alot of Minnesota this year, and the difference to me is that Frerotte was making more throws than Culpepper has and was. Frerotte would throw it up to Moss and let him make a play - shouldn't that ALWAYS be priority #1? Culpepper seems very unwilling to do that. How can he not throw deep to Moss more often? That play scares me to death every time its deep to Moss.

My honest opinion of Culpepper is that the passing game does not come easy to him. He buys time by being able to get out of the pocket and completes many passes that way, and in turn racks up yardage that he would not have otherwise. Basically it looks like he is slow going through his reads. Let`s face it he ever loses any of his mobilty he will never get by on being a pocket passer! He will be done!

My honest opinion of Culpepper is that the passing game does not come easy to him. He buys time by being able to get out of the pocket and completes many passes that way, and in turn racks up yardage that he would not have otherwise. Basically it looks like he is slow going through his reads. Let`s face it he ever loses any of his mobilty he will never get by on being a pocket passer! He will be done!
So your saying that Culpepper is dumb? Hmm I would have to mull that over for abit but I think you may be right since he has been in this offense since 1999 and should know it better than he does. :cool:

Well I dont know how many of you saw the Minnesota/Detroit game but dispite Culpeppers horrible game the Vikings won the game. Minnesota had recievers that were wide open in the game and Culpepper couldnt seem to hit them. He slowed them down time after time. This was no surprise to me since he has been doing this all year long. I would have to say its time to sit Culpepper and give Frerotte a chance at moving this team into the playoffs because Culpepper just isnt getting the job done. They did win this game but it was against the lousy Lions. Culpepper just doesnt have what it takes to take this team to a super bowl or maybe not even to the playoffs. :cool:

Well I dont know how many of you saw the Minnesota/Detroit game but dispite Culpeppers horrible game the Vikings won the game. Minnesota had recievers that were wide open in the game and Culpepper couldnt seem to hit them. He slowed them down time after time. This was no surprise to me since he has been doing this all year long. I would have to say its time to sit Culpepper and give Frerotte a chance at moving this team into the playoffs because Culpepper just isnt getting the job done. They did win this game but it was against the lousy Lions. Culpepper just doesnt have what it takes to take this team to a super bowl or maybe not even to the playoffs. :cool:
I hate this thread. I really hate it. :wall: Culpepper last week = 4 TD, 1 INT, 300 yards passingHass this week equal 5 TDs, 330 yards passingBoth losses, but Culepper gets the heat :wall: :wacko:

I hate this thread. I really hate it. :wall: Culpepper last week = 4 TD, 1 INT, 300 yards passingHass this week equal 5 TDs, 330 yards passingBoth losses, but Culepper gets the heat :wall: :wacko:
I think you forgot to mention Culpepper had 5 turnovers last week. :cool:

I think the biggest problem with Daunte is that he cannot anticipate things, a receiver has to be open otherwise he doesn't throw it.

I think the biggest problem with Daunte is that he cannot anticipate things, a receiver has to be open otherwise he doesn't throw it.
I think your right because he surely doesnt see Moss breaking open deep early enough. By the time he sees it and gets the ball out to him its always short and gives the defender a chance to catch up. :cool:

Hassy, threw 5 touchdowns against BALTIMORE! Enough said.edited spelling, what do you expect it's morning over here.

I think you forgot to mention Culpepper had 5 turnovers last week. :cool:
oopsI ment the Charger game.How can people ##### about him vs the Chargers, but not say anything about Hass vs the Ravens!!!!!

I hate this thread. I really hate it.  :wall: Culpepper last week = 4 TD, 1 INT, 300 yards passingHass this week equal 5 TDs, 330 yards passingBoth losses, but Culepper gets the heat  :wall:   :wacko:
Hassy, through 5 touchdowns against BALTIMORE! Enough said.
Flops out of the boat

I think your right because he surely doesnt see Moss breaking open deep early enough. By the time he sees it and gets the ball out to him its always short and gives the defender a chance to catch up. :cool:
It also seems to me that Daunte is having trouble throwing the deep ball as well.

It also seems to me that Daunte is having trouble throwing the deep ball as well.
Ive noticed that too. I think the ball is slipping out of his hand abit as he jerks it forward to throw it long. :cool:

Ive noticed that too. I think the ball is slipping out of his hand abit as he jerks it forward to throw it long. :cool:
My buddies and I up here call him Nubbins cause has nubbins for hands. Especially balls thrown out in the flat, they tend to sail on him. He can't hold onto the ball.

My buddies and I up here call him Nubbins cause has nubbins for hands. Especially balls thrown out in the flat, they tend to sail on him. He can't hold onto the ball.
You would think a guy that big would have big hands. So he should be able to hold the ball better. Doesnt make sense to me. :cool:

i'm getting ####### pissed. it was one thing when lollipopper sucked but moss got his. now i can't even count on that happening. lollipopper is a disgrace.

Moss not producing isn't C-Pep's fault...it's the coaches and the fact that Moss is an "injury risk" as some like to put it (ankle, back, etc.)... :rolleyes:

the vikings won in spite of lollipopper against the lions. this will not happen in the dome next week against the rams.
you;ve made millions of crappy predicitons and just about everyone of them is wrong. i dont know about everyone else but until you make the bet that if culpepper makes the playoffs, you'll leave the bored...i wont listen to anything else you say.

you;ve made millions of crappy predicitons and just about everyone of them is wrong. i dont know about everyone else but until you make the bet that if culpepper makes the playoffs, you'll leave the bored...i wont listen to anything else you say.
your negativity towards me makes me sad. :( please be positive. :) thank you

Users who are viewing this thread