What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DB headaches (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
I got Chinn, B Jones, Dugger and C Gardner-Johnson. The news on all them has not been good, actually CGJ, my last pick of the 4, has the best news coming out.
2/tackle, 1/assist, 4/sack, 5/INT. Gotta start 2.

Did I mess up? My DL are solid, LBs are solid, with sky high potential. But DB is scaring me, bigly.

I gotta start Chinn, I want to start Jones, but wondering if CGJ is safer week 1. Anyone have any more input?

I just keep hearing how Chinn is now the deep safety, and not basically a LB anymore. I have no proof of that, dont think anyone does.
I hear Peppers will factor into the NE DBs now, IDK how thats possible, he isnt good.
I liked them both a week or so ago, then all this BS came out. :wall:

I start Chinn and Jones and forget about it. See how things go down in Week 1 and if Chinn is in deep CF and not scoring then worry a bit. Jones has had nothing but good from what I read so not sure why you think he has had a bad camp. CGJ is on a new team so I wait to see how they work him in. Week 1 is always a guess. Go with the top guys and see what happens.

Chinn should be fine. They actually moved him from LB to a safety role at the start of the season last year. Granted I think he played a little more in the box than he may or may not this year. He is too good to not put up points regardless of where they line him up. I would not be worried. He started off very slow last year so don't panic.

Jones is a big sleeper this year as he is finally getting the SS position to himself. Did you see what he did as a part time player last year? Im grabbing him everywhere. Massive potential but week 1 may not be so hot. I generally don't like playing defensive players against the Patriots.

Dugger is a great player and if they play him consistently he won't disappoint. I don't understand what the coaches over there are thinking most of the time so its hard to say. Sometimes hes always out there and sometimes not. I have a feeling hes going to get more playing time this year and break through the top 20. He was right there last season.

Gardner-Johnson is an interesting one. I have seen him listed at both FS and SS. I would rather he be the SS of course but I didn't get to see where he has been lining up with his new team. He is listed as a starter though and they seem to love him over there.

I would start off with Chinn for sure and probably Jones. I wouldn't be surprised if Dugger does well too this week.

Just edited to say you have 3 solid starters and one with good potential. Ide be happy with what you have. Who else is on your ww?

Last edited:
I like these players that are ranked pretty low everywhere. I don't know if I would call them sleepers or if they are even available....

Amani Hooker was supposed to break out last year but spent the first half of the season injured. Lots have forgotten about him and the potential there. They just signed him for the next 3 years

Talanoa Hufanga is going into his second season. He has the SS job locked up and DeMeco Ryans loves him. Can he do what hasn't been done there in a long time? I think he might.

Jaylinn Hawkins won the starting safety job this year and looked really good doing it. He is my favorite of the group to produce regularly. He plays with a fire lit under him.

Nick Scott was going to be my fourth but you have already seen what he did last night. Of the 3 safeties there on the Rams, he is the only one that was given a true designation. Fuller and Rapp splitting time was what they claimed would happen and it looked like that is exactly what happened. At least in the box score. Although it must have been embarrasing to be stiff armed like that by Allen :/ 33 was everywhere though...

Users who are viewing this thread