What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Definitive Playoff Targets Discussion (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Lucky enough to secure a bye last night (thank you L. Jackson). For those fortunate enough, it's time to ignore the upcoming week and focus in on weeks 14-16. 

I'm officially looking at the end of my roster and look to rid myself of garbage and replacing it with upside plays that could hit during the playoffs due to matchups.

Here's a stab at targets based on what I see on my wire. I'm sure there are other options out there:

QB

* N. Foles -- LAC, @OAK, @ATL -- Weeks 15 and 16 look great.

* R. Fitzpatrick -- @NYJ, @NYG, CIN -- Don't laugh. Fitzy is still slinging it.

* D. Jones -- @PHI, MIA, @WSH -- Maybe the NYG end the season on a positive note.

RB

* R. Penny -- @LAR, @CAR, ARI -- Probably the #1 waiver add this week. Weeks 15 and 16 look great.

* J. Ajayi -- NYG, @WSH, DAL -- Howard's injury sounds more serious. If Ajayi can get in a groove he could offer flex value.

* R. Armstead -- LAC, @OAK, @ATL -- Premium handcuff with a good schedule.

* P. Laird/M. Gaskins -- @NYJ, @NYG, CIN -- I'm watching this situation carefully since Ballage is terrible. Miami's schedule offers sneaky opportunity down the stretch and they're playing hard under Flores.

WR

* C. Davis -- @OAK, HOU, NO -- I feel like I've picked up and dropped Davis 5 times this year. TN on a roll and weeks 14 and 15 are tasty. Watch him catch a little fire so he's over drafted next year.

* A. Tate, A. Erickson -- @CLE, NE, @MIA -- Skip the NE matchup. With Dalton back, Cinci's offense should improve. Assume AJ doesn't hit the field again.

TE

* J. Doyle -- @TB, @NO, CAR -- Schedule not great after week 14, but he should have volume. Another big waiver pickup this week if he's out there. Ebron on IR.

* M. Gesicki -- Again, Miami's schedule. He's getting targets. Caught a TD Sunday.

* D. Njuko -- CIN, @ARI, BAL -- CLE could catch fire down the stretch. Weeks 14 and 15 fantastic matchups.

D

* PHI -- NYG, @WSH, DAL -- Will need to avoid in week 16. I currently have rostered.

* NYJ -- MIA, @BAL, PIT -- I'm targeting on waivers tonight to pair with PHI. Looking at that week 16 matchup with PIT who basically have no QB.

* GB -- WSH, CHI, @MIN -- Not the best D, but solid matchups weeks 14 and 15.

K

Too many to list here, but the time is now to look at kickers with what looks like high O/Us where their team will be favored (and ideally playing indoors).

Feel free to add to the list. And let's secure a bunch of GREEN matchups for weeks 14-16. The time to plan is now.

I secured a spot in the playoffs in my main league this week so this topic is very timely.  I'm targeting players who have good matchups in both weeks (15 and 16) and these are the players on my radar so far:

QB: R. Tannehill plays HOU (15) and NO (16) at home

RB: top handcuffs I want in case of injury: R. Armstead (JAX), Darrell Williams (KC), R. Moestert (SF).  Armstead was already mentioned.  Williams and Moestert would only start if BOTH RBs in front of them are hurt (Breida and Damien Williams currently dinged).  These are long shots but I don't need to worry about depth for weeks 13 and 14 so these are perfect people for my bench due to the upside if they do get to start in week 15/16.

WR: Not sure yet, need to do more research

TE: I have Ertz (and Goedart) so no need to worry about it 😛

PK: M. Badgley - plays MIN (15) and OAK (16) at home

Will Foles still be starting QB in week 15 and 16? If so I agree Foles should be best for playoffs of QBs mentioned. Close second between Jones and Tannehill. Tannehill is better but plays tougher defense week 16 against New Orleans.

Users who are viewing this thread