What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denarius Moore (1 Viewer)

DeaLerZ

Footballguy
Matt Flynn probably starting this week, what kind of production might we see out of Moore against the Redskins abysmal defense this week? Worth a start at WR3???

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is was already having a awesome to start to the season with the exception of 1 game where he got an EGG

Noodle Arm Flynn is smarter QB than Pryor ... He'll get the ball to the teams best WR

I think Moore is a decent start this week, but while Pryor has shown some preference for Moore, especially in the endzone, Flynn seems more likely to spread it around.

oswizzle said:
GCP said:
How do you figure Flynn is smarter than Pryor exactly?
Flynn..Pass First... Pass Second... Pass Third....

Pryor.. Run.... Run... Pass on the Run... No Thanks
Pryor has looked pretty good to me
Agreed. I don't think oswizzle has really watched Pryor play.
Yeah, Pryor definitely hasn't looked like a pure scrambler.

As far as Denarius is concerned, Flynn might have a larger number of pass attempts, but I don't think he can extend the play as well as Pryor, so his success might hinge more on the OL. I think Denarius will get targeted plenty, regardless of who starts.

Probably an uptick in ppr leagues, but no real change in standard scoring. Isn't Streater the slot guy? I thought Moore was a deeper threat. Not what you want to specialize in with noodle at QB

oswizzle said:
GCP said:

I agree to a certain extent that Pryor has looked pretty good. He had very good pocket presence and made some big throws when the team needed a first down. The jury is still out on whether he will fully develop as an NFL QB, but it is premature to label him as a run only, or run first QB.

oswizzle said:
GCP said:

Yeah, Pryor definitely hasn't looked like a pure scrambler.

As far as Denarius is concerned, Flynn might have a larger number of pass attempts, but I don't think he can extend the play as well as Pryor, so his success might hinge more on the OL. I think Denarius will get targeted plenty, regardless of who starts.
I absolutely agree and that is an excellent point. I don't know much about Flynn's mobility, I doubt it is anywhere near as good as Pryor's, so unless the line plays out of their minds I think Flynn could be harassed all game. The Redskins D might actually be a good pick up this week if Flynn is starting.

This guy really gets no respect around here. He's currently sitting at WR30 which obviously means he's a solid WR3. However, there seems to be an outlier game in there where he put up a goose egg on two targets vs Jax. I know they all count in the end, but outside of that one game, he's a mid WR2. Like right between AJ Green and Torrey Smith.

Week 1 7 targets 5/43/1

Week 2 2 targets 0/0/0

Week 3 11 targets 6/124/1

Week 4 6 targets 4/66/0

Week 5 8 targets 5/84/1

Drop week 2 from that average and you get: 8 targets 5/79/.75 which projects over 16 as 80/1268/12

Even with the goose egg averaged in, he's on pace for 64/1018/10

This guy really gets no respect around here. He's currently sitting at WR30 which obviously means he's a solid WR3. However, there seems to be an outlier game in there where he put up a goose egg on two targets vs Jax. I know they all count in the end, but outside of that one game, he's a mid WR2. Like right between AJ Green and Torrey Smith.

Week 1 7 targets 5/43/1

Week 2 2 targets 0/0/0

Week 3 11 targets 6/124/1

Week 4 6 targets 4/66/0

Week 5 8 targets 5/84/1

Drop week 2 from that average and you get: 8 targets 5/79/.75 which projects over 16 as 80/1268/12

Even with the goose egg averaged in, he's on pace for 64/1018/10
Yeah, he is putting in a solid year. Really steamed I dropped him after week 2.

The problem is you don't know if he's on his way up or just teasing. Hard to read value. If you have him, he's a hold. If not, I don't think he's a buy.

The problem is you don't know if he's on his way up or just teasing. Hard to read value. If you have him, he's a hold. If not, I don't think he's a buy.
If one is a believer in Terrelle Pryor, then Denarius is most definitely a buy, especially if his owner feels the same way about him as you do... Or even better if he's sitting on the wire and roster space is available.

If one is a believer in Terrelle Pryor, then Denarius is most definitely a buy, especially if his owner feels the same way about him as you do... Or even better if he's sitting on the wire and roster space is available.
I personally like him and it would take a very strong offer to move him off my dynasty league. But when people ask about my other receivers (Cobb, Nicks, White) I say 'What about Moore'. There's usually an audible groan on the other end. They just don't seem to have him on their radar. :shrug:

He was very close to getting a second TD and thirty more yards receiving last night. The TD was reversed because the defender had forced Moore to step on the sideline before he caught the ball.

I personally like him and it would take a very strong offer to move him off my dynasty league. But when people ask about my other receivers (Cobb, Nicks, White) I say 'What about Moore'. There's usually an audible groan on the other end. They just don't seem to have him on their radar. :shrug:
IMO I think this is a pretty common viewpoint. He's viewed as a WR4, but I think he's going to end up between WR 15-30. IMO he's a great buy low target.

He was very close to getting a second TD and thirty more yards receiving last night. The TD was reversed because the defender had forced Moore to step on the sideline before he caught the ball.
Thanks for that info, good to know more than the box score shows.

I've always been a fan of Moore's, he's shown enough flashes to believe there's some real talent there. Now with Pryor at the helm he's starting to have a chance to live up to his potential. I could see him solidly in the WR 17-20 range.

TheLurkerBelow said:
Thanks for that info, good to know more than the box score shows.

I've always been a fan of Moore's, he's shown enough flashes to believe there's some real talent there. Now with Pryor at the helm he's starting to have a chance to live up to his potential. I could see him solidly in the WR 17-20 range.
Yeah he was barely pushed out, solid pass, untouched in the endzone...

Not much being said about Denarius here. Probably the lull caused by the bye week. In any event, this guy is the #5 WR from Week 3 on. More importantly, he is doing it against tougher defenses like KC. Is he a must start WR2 after the bye and for the ROS?

Not much being said about Denarius here. Probably the lull caused by the bye week. In any event, this guy is the #5 WR from Week 3 on. More importantly, he is doing it against tougher defenses like KC. Is he a must start WR2 after the bye and for the ROS?
I traded for him as my # 4WR. I believe sky is the limit going forward for him. Pryor latches on to him as the #1WR and he's seemed to have solved all his drop issues.

Green light to buy low now while you still can.

In my league Moore is #9 in scoring ytd among WR's. I believe the emergence of Pryor has changed this team for the better and Moore is benefitting. As long as Pryor continues to improve I think Moore will be a valuable player to have.

In my league Moore is #9 in scoring ytd among WR's. I believe the emergence of Pryor has changed this team for the better and Moore is benefitting. As long as Pryor continues to improve I think Moore will be a valuable player to have.
And if Pryor can stay healthy. Even with a disastrous week 2 where it looked like he went backwards, Moore is a top 20 WR in PPR settings. If you can buy on him now as a WR3/4, the window is closing, if not closed on that.

I think so. Outside the one bad game, he's been solid. Looks dynamic like he did his rookie year. Excluding Jags game, he's had min 6 targets and avg 8+. He's locked into my lineup.

From what I've seen, the guy is pretty athletic. If you give him a few yards, he will burn you. He will leap over you to make the catch. If you can acquire this guy cheap, go for it. Unfortunately, this guy is probably starting for someone else (when he should be more of a flex player, imo).

He's a very good WR but with McFadden healthy OAK is a run-first, run-often team. I sold Moore high last week and advise others to do so if they have options (i did).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread