What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derek Anderson and KW2 could be traded? (1 Viewer)

After Quinn took the helm, and Edward still dropping more passes than he was catching, it seemed to me it was Edwards who cost DA his starting role.
I got laughed at when I wrote that in November, glad to see others are finally taking note.
Anderson is what cost Anderson his job. Lack of accuracy and consistency did him in, not some drops. He just isn't accurate enough, at least right now, to be more than a journeyman QB.I think Edwards (and Winslow) made Anderson in the first place.
I don't disagree with that, still doesn't take away the fact that if we got 2007 Braylon Edwards DA would not have lost his job as early as he did, if he had lost it at all. Things like putting touch on short passes and crumbling under pressure are probably things he will never get past.
I don't know if I can agree with that. Anderson was brutal regardless of Edwards.
:own3d:

I really don't think Anderson's $5 mil contract is all that bad when you consider how many QBs get hurt every year. We all saw what happened when Dorsey had to start. With Quinn being unproven, they would be wise to keep Anderson.
Just to be clear, Anderson is due a roster bonus of $5M in March, and his 2009 salary is $1.45M, so if he stays, his cap number will be $6.45M in 2009 (and it is set to be $9.45M in 2010, including a $2M roster bonus).Reportedly the March roster bonus is fully guaranteed. If true, this means the $5M will hit the cap regardless of whether he remains on the roster, although by cutting or trading him, I think they could avoid paying the $5M. Not sure how important it is to Cleveland to save $5M in real dollars when it does not come with any cap relief... I would think this makes it more likely he will stay, assuming no locker room issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think Anderson's $5 mil contract is all that bad when you consider how many QBs get hurt every year. We all saw what happened when Dorsey had to start. With Quinn being unproven, they would be wise to keep Anderson.
Just to be clear, Anderson is due a roster bonus of $5M in March, and his 2009 salary is $1.45M, so if he stays, his cap number will be $6.45M in 2009 (and it is set to be $9.45M in 2010, including a $2M roster bonus).Reportedly the March roster bonus is fully guaranteed. If true, this means the $5M will hit the cap regardless of whether he remains on the roster, although by cutting or trading him, I think they could avoid paying the $5M. Not sure how important it is to Cleveland to save $5M in real dollars when it does not come with any cap relief... I would think this makes it more likely he will stay, assuming no locker room issues.
Only way the Browns can avoid paying the $5 mill bonus is if DA is traded. If he is released, they still owe him the bonus.

Only way the Browns can avoid paying the $5 mill bonus is if DA is traded. If he is released, they still owe him the bonus.
they could also work something out where they trade him and the Browns pay part of the bonus.i personally think (hope?) they will make a decision before then and move forward with one of the QBs. (likely Quinn)

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns will have Derek Anderson on the trading block "very soon."With Anderson due a $5 million roster bonus in March, the Browns aren't likely to get a team enticed enough to bite. Bet on Anderson being released before his roster bonus is due, at which point he will be free to sign with a team of his choosing. | 1/8/2009 5:09:00 PMSource: National Football Post The National Football Post's Michael Lombardi believes the Browns will trade Kellen Winslow this offseason.Winslow wore out his welcome with the previous regime, but Lombardi reports that he's also "not been a part of any discussions with coaching candidates." Whether he stays or goes, Winslow is going to be pushing hard for a contract extension. | 1/8/2009 5:05:00 PMSource: National Football Post
Good for KW2, that team treated him like dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread