What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup from the Titans (1 Viewer)

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup from the Titans

• Total voters

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Wanted to get some discussion regarding who from the Titans would be worth picking up to replace Derrick Henry.  For purposes of the poll, vote as if it is Half PPR, but in your comments feel free to focus on whatever scoring format is most appropriate for you (for me, it's full PPR).

Some stats for 2021

Jeremy McNichols - 7 carries, 38 yards, 0 TD ; 21 catches on 27 targets, 203 yards, 1 TD

Dontrell Hilliard - no carries or targets

Mekhi Sargent - 2 carries, 4 yards, 0 TD ; 0 targets or catches

Adrian Peterson - no carries or targets

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I would go McNichols.  My situation is a little unique, in that I have CMC, CEH and Kareem Hunt on my IR, so hopefully I will have reinforcements coming as the season moves along.  So I'm looking more for the next couple of weeks.  McNichols knows the offense, and has already established himself as the pass catching back, plus I'm full PPR.  I'm guessing Peterson doesn't get a full workload in week 1, so I'm betting McNichols will get the most work this coming week.  I may very well be looking for a week 9 starter only.  

My 3 non-injured RB's with week 9 schedule are

Damien Harris at Panthers

Khalil Herbert at Steelers

Alex Collins on Bye

I think I would go McNichols.  My situation is a little unique, in that I have CMC, CEH and Kareem Hunt on my IR, so hopefully I will have reinforcements coming as the season moves along.  So I'm looking more for the next couple of weeks.  McNichols knows the offense, and has already established himself as the pass catching back, plus I'm full PPR.  I'm guessing Peterson doesn't get a full workload in week 1, so I'm betting McNichols will get the most work this coming week.  I may very well be looking for a week 9 starter only.  

My 3 non-injured RB's with week 9 schedule are

Damien Harris at Panthers

Khalil Herbert at Steelers

Alex Collins on Bye

Hah, I'm in exact same scenario with those exact players as you and I have AP. And if I lose next week my team is out for good...

Other two options are D'ernest Johnson and David Johnson. I think Damien and Khalil are the safest next week due to volume alone. Not even sure if I trust McNichols next week over those guys.

McNichols - At 5'9" and 205 lbs, he is bulky enough to withstand a decent workload, but hasn't been given the chance, and I don't think he ever will.  TEN isn't trying to bring in change-of-pace or 3rd down RB's for a reason.

Hilliard - A poor man's Jeremy McNichols, and yes, that is a slap in the face!

Sargent - A poor man's Dontrell Hilliard; this is going downhill fast.

Peterson - 604 rushing yards and 7 rushing TD's last year as a 35 year old.  McNichols, Hilliard, and Sargent have combined for 347 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD's their entire careers.  Who do you think will be the early down back with the biggest upside?

It has to be Peterson.

From there, do you think he'll be good enough to hold the job or they'll replace him

There something else in play here, fellers. AP lacks exactly 450 yards to surpass Barry Sanders as 4th on the all-time NFL rushing leader list, and 1,180 to make top 3, surpassing old man Gore. 

I heard a radio interview with him on ESPN a few months ago, and he stated that he wanted it so bad that he could taste it. Talk about motivation...

There something else in play here, fellers. AP lacks exactly 845 yards to surpass Barry Sanders as the all-time NFL rushing leader. 

I heard a radio interview with him on ESPN a few months ago, and he stated that he wanted it so bad that he could taste it. Talk about motivation...
Think this post needs a stat correction 

Think this post needs a stat correction 

Corrected.....thank you. My apologies to Emmitt, Walter, and Frank.

He definitely wants it though.

1. Emmitt Smith -18,355

2. Walter Payton - 16,726

3. Frank Gore - 16,000

4. Barry Sanders - 15,269

5. ADRIAN PETERSON - 14,820

There something else in play here, fellers. AP lacks exactly 450 yards to surpass Barry Sanders as 4th on the all-time NFL rushing leader list, and 1,180 to make top 3, surpassing old man Gore. 

You'd think the guy wouldn't agree to join a team to sit on the sidelines and not play. He's not playing for money anymore. He had to have some assurances that he'd get playing time and contribute to obtain the record and the ring.

This. Nobody would argue that AP doesn’t have passion for the game, but dude also has financial issues. He still runs like the electric company is gonna turn his power off.... because the electric company might turn his power off. 
Joking of course, but point is the guy can use the cash. 

Really? I did not know that. I just figured one of the all time greats would have had a lot of endorsements but I guess just never know how financially savvy these players are. 

edit: Just read more about it. This just amazes me. To have that much money and have zero financial advisors. The willingness of people to be his FA during his prime earning years and the ease of making money off the millions he earns... Really should be zero reason to go broke. But damn, those are some crazy stories.

It has to be Peterson.

From there, do you think he'll be good enough to hold the job or they'll replace him

I think as the only proven guy...and a guy who seems to fit right in when he goes places...I agree.  Now, he is older and more plodding now...but seems the "safest" choice out of that group.

I am having a hard time believing AP is going to step in and be FF relevant.  I shouldn’t doubt him though.  Tannehill owners are the winners here.  He will be passing and running more.  

It's a cop out, but I don't want any of them. This team was built around Henry. I think the offense tanks without him, the defense puts them behind, and they abandon the run game that has several different guys vying for that week's hot hand.
i won’t be going for any of the backs. But I do think the TEs improve a bit. Pruitt could be useful. 

Today is the trading deadline, so maybe none of them.
Don’t give me hope. 
David Johnson would be welcome. 

I'm going all in on ADP, Lost Dobbins before the season, lost CMC week 3, been rolling with D'Andre Swift, Alex Collins, Devin Singletary since and still 6-2 thanks to my WR's and Dak. Lost out on a huge bid to get Chubba. If CMC doesn't play this week I've got Singletary and Bolden because of byes.  Hoping ADP can average 55 to 60 a game and a TD every other game with a few better games.

Put me in the camp that it's mostly nobody

Peterson if you want 40-60 yards and potentially a td here and there 

McNichols if you want 40-60 through the air and couple of catches and a td here and there

Neither of them will be anything more than a desperation play.  

Put me in the camp that it's mostly nobody

Peterson if you want 40-60 yards and potentially a td here and there 

McNichols if you want 40-60 through the air and couple of catches and a td here and there

Neither of them will be anything more than a desperation play.  

You got to have some kind of insane luck to not need a desperation play at this point of the year. 

You got to have some kind of insane luck to not need a desperation play at this point of the year. 

If that's your thing then yes maybe those guys are capable desperation plays.  I just wouldn't burn FAAB on any of them

If you are that desperate too you probably aren't in the running anyway.  My one team has gibson, ridley, arob, winston, golladay et al on it...picking up any of these guys isn't going to solve those problems

I am having a hard time believing AP is going to step in and be FF relevant.  I shouldn’t doubt him though.  Tannehill owners are the winners here.  He will be passing and running more.  
He'll get TDs. Henry walked in for plenty and barely needed this big push. AJ and Julio can beat any CB in a jump ball so the Titans are a horrible matchup for D's near the goal line.

If that's your thing then yes maybe those guys are capable desperation plays.  I just wouldn't burn FAAB on any of them

If you are that desperate too you probably aren't in the running anyway.  My one team has gibson, ridley, arob, winston, golladay et al on it...picking up any of these guys isn't going to solve those problems

It's week 9.  If you've already burned most of your wad, I get this mindset. 

However, If Fantasy's RB1 going down in one of the most run-heavy offenses in the league doesn't do it for you... what scenario, exactly, are you holding onto your FAAB for? :lol:  

It's week 9.  If you've already burned most of your wad, I get this mindset. 

However, If Fantasy's RB1 going down in one of the most run-heavy offenses in the league doesn't do it for you... what scenario, exactly, are you holding onto your FAAB for? :lol:  

You hold your money for a guy like aaron jones going down if dillon was available...not for a backfield with mixed people with little talent.  

What's your hope for a guy like Peterson?  75% of Henry's numbers?  50%?

I think AP could do better than expected with that OL paving the way in front of him. 

You hold your money for a guy like aaron jones going down if dillon was available
If you're in a league that is shallow enough, or has roster restrictions that make players like Dillon available, then you probably shouldn't spend a lot of FAAB on guys like Peterson.  

If, however, you're in a deeper league that doesn't restrict rosters, guys like Dillon likely aren't FA's.  In those cases, a FA like Peterson who could be a viable RB2/Flex is very valuable & should/will garner large FAAB bids. 

If you're in a league that is shallow enough, or has roster restrictions that make players like Dillon available, then you probably shouldn't spend a lot of FAAB on guys like Peterson.  

If, however, you're in a deeper league that doesn't restrict rosters, guys like Dillon likely aren't FA's.  In those cases, a FA like Peterson who could be a viable RB2/Flex is very valuable & should/will garner large FAAB bids. 

That's just a difference of opinion.  I see Peterson as a RB3 maybe, if he does absolutely anything.  The guy is old, hasn't played in a long time and nobody wanted him.  

Maybe I'm wrong and he puts up 75% of Henry's production but I would guess that McNichols and eventually Evans will get 40% of the snaps if not way more.   

Baltimore chose every old and beat up rb possible over peterson

You hold your money for a guy like aaron jones going down if dillon was available...not for a backfield with mixed people with little talent.  

What's your hope for a guy like Peterson?  75% of Henry's numbers?  50%?

What leagues are you playing in where Dillon is available?  :lol:   

Try again... list 4 situations you're sitting on FAAB for where the target is on the waiver in normal 12T leagues.  

What leagues are you playing in where Dillon is available?  :lol:   

Try again... list 4 situations you're sitting on FAAB for where the target is on the waiver in normal 12T leagues.  

I would waste my fab on jeff wilson over peterson.  I would waste it on gore from kc, i would waste it on carlos hyde before i would waste it on peterson. I would put out a higher faab on McNichols than peterson because he is going to get carries and catches.

But none of them would i waste big faab on.  Your big faab at this point would be if wilson is sitting out there and mitchell gets hurt.  Or if scott is sitting out there and howard gets hurt or if michel is out there and henderson gets hurt etc...guys that have some talent and energy and not split the backfield

But i don't care what you do with your faab, spend it however you want.  

He played a lot last year  :confused:

He hasn't been on a team for almost a year now...that's a long time for a guy to not be in the nfl or training camp or a practice squad.  Especially when you are 36 years old and have a ton of tread on the tires

He hasn't been on a team for almost a year now...that's a long time for a guy to not be in the nfl or training camp or a practice squad.  Especially when you are 36 years old and have a ton of tread on the tires
🤔

Isn't this the opposite of what you meant to say?

Have 60% of my FAAB left. Just lost Henry. Am in first overall. Lucky enough to have Henderson to slide in. Need more help on the WR side, but WW is picked clean. Thinking I'll put some stabs out, but expect to lose all bids.

🤔

Isn't this the opposite of what you meant to say?

Have 60% of my FAAB left. Just lost Henry. Am in first overall. Lucky enough to have Henderson to slide in. Need more help on the WR side, but WW is picked clean. Thinking I'll put some stabs out, but expect to lose all bids.
I see what you are saying but what i meant is he is a rb that had a ton of high carry seasons that is approaching 40 years old.  yes he doesn't have tread on the tires in the last couple of years because he is over the hill but part of the reason he is over the hill is because he has a ton of tread on his tires.  Does that make any sense :)

I'm not arguing against going after him.  Everyone's situation is different.  I just don't see him as a having much a ceiling week to week. 

I see what you are saying but what i meant is he is a rb that had a ton of high carry seasons that is approaching 40 years old.  yes he doesn't have tread on the tires in the last couple of years because he is over the hill but part of the reason he is over the hill is because he has a ton of tread on his tires.  Does that make any sense :)

I'm not arguing against going after him.  Everyone's situation is different.  I just don't see him as a having much a ceiling week to week. 
You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

but yeah, I agree.  

Jeff Wilson is 25 and has been rehabbing at team facilities for 6 months?
He also has been hurt and hasnt taken a snap since last year. Im fairly certain Peterson has been training hard since last year.

Give me Peterson over Wilson 10 times out of 10 right now.

He also has been hurt and hasnt taken a snap since last year. Im fairly certain Peterson has been training hard since last year.

Give me Peterson over Wilson 10 times out of 10 right now.

That's your right for sure...

I'm not with you on that one though.  I think wilson in a situation where mitchell is hurt has a much higher ceiling than Peterson will ever have on the titans.  

killface said:
Maybe I'm wrong and he puts up 75% of Henry's production but I would guess that McNichols and eventually Evans will get 40% of the snaps if not way more.   
Evans is out for the season, so it's either AP, McNichols, Foreman or someone else entirely. Seems like it could be some combination of all of them, which could make it a hot mess for fantasy.

Evans is out for the season, so it's either AP, McNichols, Foreman or someone else entirely. Seems like it could be some combination of all of them, which could make it a hot mess for fantasy.
Yep, i meant to change that.  I didn't realize that he got ir'd for the season.  

I almost think Foreman has the most value here  but it's going to be a hot mess for sure

As someone pointed out early i suspect they will just pass more.  

Yep, i meant to change that.  I didn't realize that he got ir'd for the season.  

I almost think Foreman has the most value here  but it's going to be a hot mess for sure

As someone pointed out early i suspect they will just pass more.  
Foreman is intriguing, he's bounced around quite a bit since his Achilles (?) injury and not sure he's ever fully recovered/regained explosiveness.

Foreman is intriguing, he's bounced around quite a bit since his Achilles (?) injury and not sure he's ever fully recovered/regained explosiveness.

Had a lot of potential and not a lot of wear at this point.

Peterson is his competition and while peterson will get you that 3 yards and a cloud of dust foreman maybe the more explosive of the two.  I think it takes a couple of weeks to shake out though, if it ever does.  

Users who are viewing this thread