What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup from the Titans (1 Viewer)

Derrick Henry - Top WW Pickup from the Titans

• Total voters
killface said:
I see what you are saying but what i meant is he is a rb that had a ton of high carry seasons that is approaching 40 years old.  yes he doesn't have tread on the tires in the last couple of years because he is over the hill but part of the reason he is over the hill is because he has a ton of tread on his tires.  Does that make any sense :)

I'm not arguing against going after him.  Everyone's situation is different.  I just don't see him as a having much a ceiling week to week. 
He’s kidding you about your misuse of the “tread” analogy. Having tread on your tires still is a good thing. Having “no tread on his tires” (tires are worn out) is what you were trying to say.

He’s kidding you about your misuse of the “tread” analogy. Having tread on your tires still is a good thing. Having “no tread on his tires” (tires are worn out) is what you were trying to say.

yea i picked up on my mistake 

I didn't want to turn this into a thread about what i meant though :)

killface said:
I see what you are saying but what i meant is he is a rb that had a ton of high carry seasons that is approaching 40 years old.  yes he doesn't have tread on the tires in the last couple of years because he is over the hill but part of the reason he is over the hill is because he has a ton of tread on his tires.  Does that make any sense :)

I'm not arguing against going after him.  Everyone's situation is different.  I just don't see him as a having much a ceiling week to week. 
36 is approaching 40 I guess.

I think 9 times out of 10 the guy you're describing is a waste of time but let's not pretend he hasn't played in a million years. He averaged 3.9 YPC in Detroit last year. People don't want ADP for a number of reasons - one being he's not part of any team's future plans and so given the choice they are going to go with younger guys. But for half a season right now? I'm guessing he might come in and be better than terrible.

I think 9 times out of 10 the guy you're describing is a waste of time but let's not pretend he hasn't played in a million years. He averaged 3.9 YPC in Detroit last year. People don't want ADP for a number of reasons - one being he's not part of any team's future plans and so given the choice they are going to go with younger guys. But for half a season right now? I'm guessing he might come in and be better than terrible.

i think he will be better than terrible too but i also think he will be worse than good.  Three yards and a pile of dust kind of guy.  No value in passing situations or long down situations.

That really limits his usefulness from a fantasy perspective

A couple of teams this year have been desperate at rb and they haven't looked at him.  That says something.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Atari Adventure dragon makes a lot of sense.

i think he will be better than terrible too but i also think he will be worse than good.  Three yards and a pile of dust kind of guy.  No value in passing situations or long down situations.

That really limits his usefulness from a fantasy perspective

A couple of teams this year have been desperate at rb and they haven't looked at him.  That says something.
Yeah and the #1 seed in the AFC did want him. That also says something.

Yeah and the #1 seed in the AFC did want him. That also says something.

Would they have wanted him in the other guys were available or is this the 'next man up on the veteran' list kind of thing.  We will never know

Much like the ravens, signing a veteran makes sense if only for 10 carries a game and the leadership.  I think this backfield will look a lot like the ravens in a lot of ways.  A bunch of guys doing little things here and there.

Honestly, not sure why you would need to spend everything on the guy. Not sure anyone here said they'd blow 100% FAAB on him or anyone. I got him for dropping L. Murray and I don't feel bad about it at all. At worst, I think I have another Murray. Someone who can give you 50-60 yards and TD at RB has value. Not even sure he's not capable of giving you 80-100 yards vs bad defenses with enough volume and if he gets goal line carries you could have multiple TD weeks. Most RBs 10-20 are in that range of scoring. A guy doesn't need to have 100+ yards and 30 carries and 2-3 TDs like Henry to be a good add.

Think he's the perfect example of a waiver wire add that's good enough to start for your team but isn't going to win the league for you. But having enough waiver wire starts can be the difference between a winning-season and playoffs and a losing team that keeps holding out for that miracle top 10 every week start RB that appears in the home stretch.

I've missed like 10 times this year with WW RBs. This just comes with the territory. Even Darrel Williams got screwed last week by Derrick Gore. People coming in as backups have lower upside then the starters and are rarely ever assured their role. And if they are, they should be rostered (like Pollard / AJ Dillon).

To each his own.

Throwing the bank at ADP.... He's still got the juice.... 36 isn't old at all when your a generational player like him...He's like a T.O pheno of human super freak genetics aka Man amongst boys

I'll take McNichols in PPR.  This is highly likely to be committee, but one that will not match Henry's production.  That loss of production in the run game will likely force them into more passing situations, which favors McNichols.  I could see him winding up being something like McKissic in Washington, seeing 5-10 carries a game, but also 4-5 receptions a game.  He could wind up being a PPR RB2 for the rest of the season.

I'll take McNichols in PPR.  This is highly likely to be committee, but one that will not match Henry's production.  That loss of production in the run game will likely force them into more passing situations, which favors McNichols.  I could see him winding up being something like McKissic in Washington, seeing 5-10 carries a game, but also 4-5 receptions a game.  He could wind up being a PPR RB2 for the rest of the season.

I agree with this 100%

I see a lot of short passes replacing the running game as well.  Lots of teams do it now

Henry is a phenom.  He makes everything better including that oline.  

killface said:
That's just a difference of opinion.  I see Peterson as a RB3 maybe, if he does absolutely anything.  The guy is old, hasn't played in a long time and nobody wanted him.  

Maybe I'm wrong and he puts up 75% of Henry's production but I would guess that McNichols and eventually Evans will get 40% of the snaps if not way more.   

Baltimore chose every old and beat up rb possible over peterson
I said RB2/Flex, and you are saying RB3.  I don't see that as that big a difference of opinion.

I'm not suggesting that Peterson would put up 75% of Henry's production (which would make him RB5 in non-ppr, BTW), but 50% isn't crazy.  

And a FA RB that puts up those numbers is going to command big FAAB spending, in many leagues.

I said RB2/Flex, and you are saying RB3.  I don't see that as that big a difference of opinion.

I'm not suggesting that Peterson would put up 75% of Henry's production (which would make him RB5 in non-ppr, BTW), but 50% isn't crazy.  

And a FA RB that puts up those numbers is going to command big FAAB spending, in many leagues.
Exactly... 

75% of Henry's Production = Strong RB1 (~RB5)
50% of Henry's Production = Solid RB2 (~RB15)
40% of Henry's Production = Strong Flex (~RB 23)

Does anyone really think ADP won't get the Red Zone / Goal Line work? You're crazy if so. So, let's look at that: 
8 Games > Inside 10yd Line: 17 Carries / 7 TD + 1 Rec / 1 TD = 8 TDs from inside the 10 alone

One could argue that the Titans may have fewer goal line chances with Henry out, but ADP is a prolific scoring back. He's likely to pick up 6pts most weeks just from visits to the endzone. Throw in a catch or two (He's a damn solid receiving back), and 50-75 all purpose yards per game... You're looking at 10-15 PPG.. Solidly in RB2 territory. 

Foreman addition takes a chunk of the shine off ADP pickup, I still think he gets the bulk of the work due to a likely promise to get him his yardage milestone... but could be less clear cut now. 

I have a feeling mchnichols will be the target for most of the managers in my leagues where I have a high priority and need someone.  My guess is AP goes unclaimed as an attempted free agent pickup, but something in me tells me to grab both of these guys on waivers and pray one rises to the top in the coming weeks or it becomes more clear. But dropping other pretty strong potential handcuffs and potential breakout WRs to do so. Been saving my waiver spot for too long, that I feel like this might be the last big chance. But I’m still so whelmed. 

So in my super league

McNichols went for $37

Peterson went for $16

Foreman didn't go

That's on a $250 Faab budget

Are any of you starting any of these guys this week? Bad matchup and not sure how carries split out and how bad this offense will be. 

not sure if I can trust them anymore than guys like Harris and Herbert who have full loads against tough defenses. Maybe more than someone like javonte, Murray, and dernest but hard to say.

Are any of you starting any of these guys this week? Bad matchup and not sure how carries split out and how bad this offense will be. 

not sure if I can trust them anymore than guys like Harris and Herbert who have full loads against tough defenses. Maybe more than someone like javonte, Murray, and dernest but hard to say.
Not sure which Harris you mean but I'd start both over any Tenn RB this week. Herbert also.

Damien Harris. Najee is a must start every week. Harris has been hot due to good matchups recently but has had very bad stinkers earlier in the year. 
I think you would have to be pretty desperate to start anyone outside McNichols

In my deep league (12 X 30) McNichols was already rostered and Peterson went for 62 of a 100 budget.

Users who are viewing this thread