What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derrick Mason 73rd Receiver this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_J

Footballguy
Did I miss something? My league uses myfantasyleague.com and right above where you submit your lineup it has a place to click and see "expert advice" on who to start. This thing is telling me to start Joey Galloway over Derrick Mason. It also says that McNair will throw for over 300 yards and 4 tds yet Mason won't score or put up significant yards yet Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, Chris Brown, and Erron Kinney will. What the hell did I miss? Thank God I have foootball guys or I'd be SOL and starting Joey Galloway. Unless I really am missing something.

Here's the site www.fantasysharks.com just found some more unbelievable projections for them. How about Chester Taylor outperforming Curtis Martin, Thomas Jones, Warrick Dunn, Duckett, George, BRIAN WESTBROOK, Julius Jones, and Wheatley. Wow, this guy is absolutely horrible.

That sounds like a nice site. :rolleyes: I just got done reading predictions at pigskinaddiction.com and wasn't very impressed over there, either. The ha-ha factor only goes so far. :thumbdown: Does anybody know of ANY decent WDIS sites aside from Footballguys? I rarely use these sites to make decisions regarding who I start, but I do enjoy getting some different opinions.

1. Martin is at home against a middle of the road run D. He should be fine. ;) 2. If you want to discuss our rankings, competitor rankings, your own rankings, etc. please do so. Thats what the boards are for. But try and discuss the merits of the rankings instead of calling a site/person a name because you disagree with them.Thanks,COlin

1. Martin is at home against a middle of the road run D. He should be fine. ;) 2. If you want to discuss our rankings, competitor rankings, your own rankings, etc. please do so. Thats what the boards are for. But try and discuss the merits of the rankings instead of calling a site/person a name because you disagree with them.Thanks,COlin
Sorry Colin, was just trying to give you guys props and was questioning how anyone could justify Chester Taylor outperforming those backs listed or 72 other receivers that will be better than Derrick Mason this weekend.

Thank God I have foootball guys or I'd be SOL and starting Joey Galloway. Unless I really am missing something.
Did it ever occur to you to think for yourself? Instead of using someone else's rankings???

Thank God I have foootball guys or I'd be SOL and starting Joey Galloway. Unless I really am missing something.
Did it ever occur to you to think for yourself? Instead of using someone else's rankings???
Nope, never crossed my mind. Maybe I worded my post wrong. I was trying to convey how people are misinformed and would start these guys strictly because of what fantasysharks.com says. Personally, I try to find as much information as possible and then make a decision. It's worked well as I've won my league the past 3 years.

I can see the Mason ranking at 73rd being legit if they think the game will be played in a hurricane. How McNair will throw for 300/4 in that weather though, I cannot say.
That tells a whole lot more when you include the McNair numbers in there. So who are his four TDs going to?IMHO (before I look to Vegas) the score of this game will be 27-13. TEN will get out to an early lead (say 17-0 by halftime) and will continue to grind it out in the second half. Miami will score a TD based on a turnover inside the TEN 30 (McNair Fumble) and hit two FGs from 35-40 yards. Total offense will be Miami 200 yards and Ten 300. Ten will also get 4 turnovers compared to Miami's one. Chris Brown will score two TDs and have over 140 yards on the ground. McNair will throw for 160 yards and one TD. I see Mason getting about 80 yards and MAYBE a TD, but probably not. That's my prediction ;) :)Looking at Vegas after all that, the O/U is 38, and TEN is favoured by only 3 ( :shock: ). They are in effect predicting the score to be about 20-17. I'd go with Ten to beat that spread... If McNair throws 4 TDs, TEN will not only the spread, but the O/U as well...I'd say the prediction for Mason may be alright (TEN could throw less than 20 times in this game) but McNair's prediction is insane (no disrespect to the boob that ran the numbers... and if I'm wrong I'll trade Ahman Green and Edg James for Steve McNair...).

For some reason I can't see the week one projections but if they are ranking Mason 73 then I gues I just wasted 20 bucks on this site. :hot:

I'd say the prediction for Mason may be alright (TEN could throw less than 20 times in this game) but McNair's prediction is insane (no disrespect to the boob that ran the numbers... and if I'm wrong I'll trade Ahman Green and Edg James for Steve McNair...).
I've got McNair. While I think you're probably right about his week numbers not being 300/4, I'll gladly take you up on your generous trade offer, provided he puts em up. :P

For some reason I can't see the week one projections but if they are ranking Mason 73 then I gues I just wasted 20 bucks on this site. :hot:
It's not this site J Maddi, it's the projections for www.fantasysharks.com I was just commenting about how bad they were and wondering if I had missed something that would warrant Derrick Mason to be ranked 73rd.

I've got McNair. While I think you're probably right about his week numbers not being 300/4, I'll gladly take you up on your generous trade offer, provided he puts em up. :P
If a QB can throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs in a hurricane against a very good defense in a game where the opposing offense is horrible... he's the greatest player in football ;)

If a QB can throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs in a hurricane against a very good defense in a game where the opposing offense is horrible... he's the greatest player in football ;)
Holy cow, I didn't think about that! Especially if his #1 receiver also somehow manages to come in 73rd in the league that week. I take my offer back. You can stick Ahman and Edgerrin where the sun don't shine.

Read that too. Also saw where they ranked Portis.Promptly logged off that site.
What's wrong with the Portis prediction of 100 total yards and a touchdown? Sounds reasonable to me.

Did I miss something? My league uses myfantasyleague.com and right above where you submit your lineup it has a place to click and see "expert advice" on who to start. This thing is telling me to start Joey Galloway over Derrick Mason. It also says that McNair will throw for over 300 yards and 4 tds yet Mason won't score or put up significant yards yet Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, Chris Brown, and Erron Kinney will. What the hell did I miss? Thank God I have foootball guys or I'd be SOL and starting Joey Galloway. Unless I really am missing something.
Unless they changed it today, they don't have week 1 projections yet. It says on the projections page week 0. The projections for week 1 will be out thursday morning. They had me starting both Brees and Rivers. Before you ask why I have them, it's a very deep league.Edit: Looks like they did update it for week 1. Brutal!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's telling me to start Deion Branch and Drew Bennett over Terrell Owens and Koren Robinson for week one. :rolleyes: Any advice from that site must be taken with a large grain of salt.

It's telling me to start Deion Branch and Drew Bennett over Terrell Owens and Koren Robinson for week one.  Any advice from that site must be taken with a large grain of salt.
As a Koren Robinson owner last year, I would definetly consider Deion Branch over Robinson.

It's telling me to start Deion Branch and Drew Bennett over Terrell Owens and Koren Robinson for week one. 

Any advice from that site must be taken with a large grain of salt.
As a Koren Robinson owner last year, I would definetly consider Deion Branch over Robinson.
I have bolded the most vital part of your post. This coming from a KRob owner this year though. ;)

It's telling me to start Deion Branch and Drew Bennett over Terrell Owens and Koren Robinson for week one.  Any advice from that site must be taken with a large grain of salt.
Not for me, thanks. I'll take the K-Rob matchup against a weak Saints secondary anyday.

They have Chester Taylor down for 2 rec. - 100 yards. It's a typo.As for Derrick Mason, I have no idea ...Crack pipe maybe?

I've got McNair.  While I think you're probably right about his week numbers not being 300/4, I'll gladly take you up on your generous trade offer, provided he puts em up.    :P
Hey, when you're playing in a hurricane, you can get 300 yards on one TD pass. Of course, your next one will go for minus 20.

Is it just me or does this guy just look for negative things to ##### about? Give it a rest and do a little homework for yourself. Maybe one day you will know enough to come back and help the site out a little rather then just take take take.. :rolleyes:

Dear Colin, Shick, Mr. Levin, and all the other mods :I am trying my best not to make disparaging comments about this guy. First he whines about having his "season ruined" by FBG based on the fact that he used a week-old Top 200 list to draft his team without taking the time to do his due diligence on injuries. Then he complains about how he "wasted" 20 bucks because the projections for week 1 aren't out this morning, when no league in the world is going to require a line-up to be submitted before Thursday evening. Now, he is yelling about having "wasted 20 bucks" again based on the projections for week 1 as posted by ANOTHER WEBSITE.

Typically, this is the point where I would unload with a poetic salvo of abuse. As a recently appointed game recapper, I now feel like a part of the FBG family, if only a third cousin twice-removed. I understand that not everyone is going to be satisfied with any product, but this is absurd. He has been offered a refund already and apparently chose not to accept it. Frankly, I am getting sick of seeing constant complaints without ever seeing any useful insight or information.

I will continue to follow your Gandhi-esque policy of verbal non-violence, but if this continues, can you please move a thread to the FFA so I can "give it it's due attention." :D

BTW, I am also very aware that all this is likely a series of :fishing: and that this is the exact type of response it is intended to elicit, but I am just fed up with it.

Is this Tony Holm's Fantasy Sharks site that is being discussed?
Yeah, that's Tony's site.With that in mind we don't want people on our boards filing complaints about their rankings. If someone wants to discuss these they can do it on their boards or send Holm some correspondence. I'm confident Tony would reply to complaints/suggestions on their site. Rampant discussion here is sort of unfair to him because he's not being afforded the opportunity to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread