What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DETROIT TIGERS OFFICIAL: We are decent!!!! (1 Viewer)

He has a team that can compete and is making moves accordingly. We can rake him through the coals over his misses in prior years, but ultimately we weren't competing then so why bandaid when you aren't winning anyway. It's been a long time, but...I'm excited for tigers baseball  :suds:
It's kind of like Holmes with the Lions. Once they get competitive he'll start making more moves. But the Tigers are ahead of the Lions timeline so the time is getting closer for sure. 

Good article on the trade:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2022/04/05/7-thoughts-after-detroit-tigers-trade-for-austin-meadows-lineup-riley-greene-avilas-best-move/

It's kind of like Holmes with the Lions. Once they get competitive he'll start making more moves. But the Tigers are ahead of the Lions timeline so the time is getting closer for sure. 

Good article on the trade:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2022/04/05/7-thoughts-after-detroit-tigers-trade-for-austin-meadows-lineup-riley-greene-avilas-best-move/
Even in the unlikely scenario everyone is healthy and hitting (which would be a good thing) Grossman can easily be justified as a 4th OF this season and he's a UFA at season's end anyway.

I’m not going to make any predictions but here is what I’d like to see:

Mize and Skubal HAVE to take the next step. I think Skubal has #2 pitcher upside. Keep the walks and homers down and show you can dominate. Mize is probably not a #1 but he’d work just fine as a #3 rotation anchor. The guy that gives you a quality start and limits extra base hits. 

Let’s see a breakout: whether it’s Baddoo, Tork, or even Meadows I’d like to see at least one of these hitters in the All Star game. 

Be patient with Greene and his injury. Team has OF depth now, make sure this guy is 112% before he goes back out there. 

steady bullpen: this would be nice. Last year this was the best unit on the team. I think Chafin adds consistency in a pen that has a lot of big arms. 

catch the ball: the tigers should be much improved defensively with Barnhart and Baez, while Tork will be an every day upgrade at 1B. 

Do all that as they are in playoff race. If the starting pitching disappoints it won’t matter, but the rest of the team is in a lot better spot than a year ago. 

:hifive:

Let’s ####### go Tigers! 

steady bullpen: this would be nice. Last year this was the best unit on the team. I think Chafin adds consistency in a pen that has a lot of big arms. 
This will be a strength eventually but it could be rough early in the season. Cisnero being placed on the 60 day IL hurts. He was very good last year. Also Funkhouser and Chafin are both hurt and Fulmer's drop in velocity is concerning. 

This will be a strength eventually but it could be rough early in the season. Cisnero being placed on the 60 day IL hurts. He was very good last year. Also Funkhouser and Chafin are both hurt and Fulmer's drop in velocity is concerning. 
Yes the early schedule might be rough between the bullpen injuries and the quality of teams in the first part of the season. Gotta ride that out as best they can. Hot bats and starters going long in a perfect world.

I’m not going to make any predictions but here is what I’d like to see:

Mize and Skubal HAVE to take the next step. I think Skubal has #2 pitcher upside. Keep the walks and homers down and show you can dominate. Mize is probably not a #1 but he’d work just fine as a #3 rotation anchor. The guy that gives you a quality start and limits extra base hits. 

Let’s see a breakout: whether it’s Baddoo, Tork, or even Meadows I’d like to see at least one of these hitters in the All Star game. 

Be patient with Greene and his injury. Team has OF depth now, make sure this guy is 112% before he goes back out there. 

catch the ball: the tigers should be much improved defensively with Barnhart and Baez, while Tork will be an every day upgrade at 1B. 

Do all that as they are in playoff race. If the starting pitching disappoints it won’t matter, but the rest of the team is in a lot better spot than a year ago. 

:hifive:

Let’s ####### go Tigers! 
100% agree on all of this

Saw a few of Torks ABs.  Has he made solid contact yet? Will Torks first hit be a tater?

Baez will be exciting to watch.  Ks a lot but has speed and power, and his defense is stellar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see why Chicago was projected to win the division by 10 games. 

Yep, they are solid all over. Skubel got lit up pretty good. No hits for Tork yet..need him to get his first hit so he can relax a little.

Torkometer- 0-10  7Ks.       Tork needs a good solid hit to get going.

I'm glad they started out against a couple of good teams (both 90+ wins last year). Gives them a measure of what they need to get to.

KC will be a team they need to rack up wins against. 

And good to see Tork getting warm, he does have a lot of potential.

Good news: Tork gets his first hit a blooper, then crushed 2 HRs.

Bad news Baez on DL,    Mize will probably be out quite awhile hopefully will not need Tommy John, now Manning is out with a shoulder issue. Can`t affors to lose 2 starters.  Hopefully Pinata is ready soon.

Good news: Tork gets his first hit a blooper, then crushed 2 HRs.

Bad news Baez on DL,    Mize will probably be out quite awhile hopefully will not need Tommy John, now Manning is out with a shoulder issue. Can`t affors to lose 2 starters.  Hopefully Pinata is ready soon.
It's only 2 days off but this rainout/off day probably came at a good time. Tuesday's Yankee game will be the 10th straight dog day for the Tigers.

Disastrous ending tonight, all on Hinch. 

Barnhart should be on the field in the late innings and Fulmer should be the closer. Soto is amazing and elite, he doesn’t have the killer instinct. If you’ve watched the tigers the past half decade, no one has the killer instinct like Fulmer. 

Awful loss, hoping they figure it out soon because as long as the season is, a pedestrian start is not what we need. 

Well that was a ####ty way to lose a ballgame.

I was watching the Yankees game when they intentionally walked Miggy so naturally I missed it when his 3k hit happened the next game.Then last nights debacle.

The Tigers are fun to watch because offensively they have shown to be clutch but the inconsistent pitching and fielding is keeping them from being true contenders. 

Its still super early and I think there’ll be some improvement as the weather warms up. 

I've been patient because of all the injuries but there is no excuse for literally throwing away a game like that. Same record as this time last year but they better wake up faster this year.

I've been patient because of all the injuries but there is no excuse for literally throwing away a game like that. Same record as this time last year but they better wake up faster this year.

Last play was a debacle!

Haas has butchered a couple balls in the outfield already this year too.

Will probably take 90 wins to makes the playoffs.  Tigers need to go 82-54 rest of the way. To hit 500 ball on the season they need to go 73-62.

80 wins might be a pipedream this season as Tiger just don`t hit well enough to go on 7-10 streak needed to turn it around.  Right now looks like Tigers wasted a year of control with Tork as he seems overmatched at the plate.

Will probably take 90 wins to makes the playoffs.  Tigers need to go 82-54 rest of the way. To hit 500 ball on the season they need to go 73-62.

80 wins might be a pipedream this season as Tiger just don`t hit well enough to go on 7-10 streak needed to turn it around.  Right now looks like Tigers wasted a year of control with Tork as he seems overmatched at the plate.
I thought they might disappoint this year but not come out of the gate like this. They need to be .500 by the All Star break, and they can’t beat the A’s and Pirates at home. 

Baddoo demotion was inevitable, I’d demote most of the hitters. It’ll get better but what a brutal start. 

Time to update the "Whoa They Blow" song!

Looking at the lineup we have a 6-4 250lb man who can`t run, no power and slaps singles to right, Candy is a utility IF on most team, Grossman a 4th OF on most teams, Tork should be in AAA, Schoop is batting 8-9th at best on a good team, And those are the best players.  Baez has to be thinking "What have I done"

7 years into Al Avilas rebuild..I think we have seen enough.

I think Greene, Tork, and the young pitchers should be the focus. I thought they could be a team in playoff talks in August, but that’s mr happening. 

Baez will be fine, he is streaky like say Justin Upton. Meadows has been a bad country song, Tork is adjusting, and I agree Candy is replacement level. 

Five starters injured makes it seem hopeless. But the bullpen is amazing, the starters have been decent showing organizational depth, and Skubal looks like a borderline Ace. 

Not all bad. I’m worried Hinch will quit, can’t have that. 

I think Greene, Tork, and the young pitchers should be the focus. I thought they could be a team in playoff talks in August, but that’s mr happening. 

Baez will be fine, he is streaky like say Justin Upton. Meadows has been a bad country song, Tork is adjusting, and I agree Candy is replacement level. 

Five starters injured makes it seem hopeless. But the bullpen is amazing, the starters have been decent showing organizational depth, and Skubal looks like a borderline Ace. 

Not all bad. I’m worried Hinch will quit, can’t have that. 

Hinch same to Detroit to rebuild his reputation and he has done that.  If he opts out after this year he will be in high demand. Hopefully they can give him a raise and extend him before that happens.    I hate "opt-outs" in contracts.   

How many players-managers would take opt-outs if they if the rule was if an opt-out is in a contract it goes both ways?

OK, I've about had enough of this crap. Even the overpaid overrated "talent" that covers this team is more interested in the free food that feeds their fat faces being delivered to them.  What a joy for the viewers, that's why we tune into games.  And what do we get? Maybe a cold soggy order of curly fries?  Sorry, curly fries are reserved for teams that are capable of scoring a whopping 3 runs. Maybe next month.

Users who are viewing this thread