What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deuce McAllister (1 Viewer)

Marino13

Footballguy
What is up with Deuce? Latest news anybody? Last I heard he still was having swelling in his knee.... What are your expectation for him this year? You think it will be 2007 before he is really back? Thoughts?

I haven't heard anything to give me the warm fuzzies about him. My guess is that his name will keep him overvalued in re-draft leagues.

Edge and Jamal Lewis are the backs that came back the best from an ACL injury that I can remember and it took both of them a year before they were close to the backs they were befor the injury. I would stay away from Duece this year.

Edge and Jamal Lewis are the backs that came back the best from an ACL injury that I can remember and it took both of them a year before they were close to the backs they were befor the injury. I would stay away from Duece this year.
Jamal had his 2nd best season the year after his ACL injury. The next season after was his best.

For the first time, he also has a legitimate backup who can ease his burdon. Brees's health is another concern. There wont be a reason to be excited about Duece before seeing him run in preseason. A long ways away.

I haven't heard anything to give me the warm fuzzies about him. My guess is that his name will keep him overvalued in re-draft leagues.
I disagree completely. From the looks of things, it appears he will be drafted quite low.

What is up with Deuce? Latest news anybody? Last I heard he still was having swelling in his knee.... What are your expectation for him this year? You think it will be 2007 before he is really back? Thoughts?
Knee swelling?? I've heard nothing of his knee swelling. $20 says your trying to acquire him via a trade.

I have heard nothing about any knee swelling. In fact all I have heard is that he is a little ahead of schedule in his rehab. Of course every injured player is "ahead of schedule" during the off season.

For what it's worth, a few friends of mine were at last weeks mini camp and every one of them thought he looked like he has lost some weight since last year. I hope they are right.

I ask, because I was thinking of buying low in my fantasy league.... but the last I read was an article saying that his knee is STILL swelling. Was looking for confirmation....

I ask, because I was thinking of buying low in my fantasy league.... but the last I read was an article saying that his knee is STILL swelling. Was looking for confirmation....
His knee could swell for like 6 months to a year everytime he works out. It's somewhat normal during rehab and first serious type play

I have heard nothing about any knee swelling.  In fact all I have heard is that he is a little ahead of schedule in his rehab.  Of course every injured player is "ahead of schedule" during the off season.

For what it's worth, a few friends of mine were at last weeks mini camp and every one of them thought he looked like he has lost some weight since last year.  I hope they are right.
Agreed, He was plodding before the injury. Lets see if working out has sped him up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edge came back horribly after his ACL and his was later in the season just like Deuce.Jamal came back pretty well after his ACL surgery, but he had the longest time (12+ months) to rest it out of all the RBs who have gone out with ACLs recently.

Edge came back horribly after his ACL and his was later in the season just like Deuce.
Deuce got hurt week 5, wouldnt exactly call that later in the season.......

Jamal had his 2nd best season the year after his ACL injury. The next season after was his best.
I said it took them both a year. Jamal's was before preseason.

You're also comparing that to a rookie year that he started slowly in due to injury - the season ending stats that year don't do him justice. He wasn't the same RB that ran for 927 yards in the last 8 games of that rookie year. And he wasn't the same back that had everyone talking about top 5 RB, top 8 minimum heading into 01 just before that ACL tear.It is true, Jamal is the best example that we have of a guy coming even close to his previous self in a year following an ACL tear. And he tore it in preseason, had over an entire year to recover - and the following year he still wasn't quite the same.

Edge came back horribly after his ACL and his was later in the season just like Deuce.
Edge was hurt in week 7, about the same. Both are significantly later than Jamal, who was hurt very early in training camp. That's like 2 1/2 - 3 months.

I honestly see Deuce breaking 1K and a handful of TDs to boot. Not great numbers, but decent for a #3 RB who could be had in the mid-rounds.

Edge was hurt in week 7, about the same. Both are significantly later than Jamal, who was hurt very early in training camp. That's like 2 1/2 - 3 months.
Not saying Jamal didnt have have a lot more time, just saying Deuce's wasnt really late in the year. Would be nice if he had more time to recover though.

recently had my acl reconstructed as well as having meniscal damage, jan 12 to be exact, and my knee is still swelling even though ive been told im well ahead of schedule with my rehab.

im obviously not an nfl rb, but my thinking is that he was in alot better shape before injury than i was, so logic would say he would be ahead with muscle strength from the beggining. unless the swelling is causing him to miss or slow his workouts, then it is really a nonissue at this point.

The question that's begging to be asked...

If Reggie Bush tore his ACL, would he miss more than a week or two of action?

I doubt it

sorry :)

wasn't Deuce suffering from a high ankle sprain before he tore the knee? It may not have been the week before the knee, a whole season maybe, but high ankle sprains, while not the death of a running back, are really serious injuries that linger in affect for a long while. In fact, I hear you never really recover from one, its always there. Just something to consider for those saying he looked slow and plodding before the knee. I think he also came out and admitted that he dogged it a bit due to frustration with the Saints offensive scheme and lack of success.

I would think most would say Deuce is a dominating back when healthy and motivated. He's powerful , speedy, and can catch the ball. Really, I don't see much of a weakness in him. I think the fresh start with Payton should help. The team is starting over. They can't be any worse than they were under Haslett and the rotating smorgasborg of Offensive Coordinators they've had. If they draft the Brick and have bookened tackles I think that will bode well for that offense big time. The middle of the line can always be built up. Brooks got rave reviews for his rookie season and seems to be a star in the making. The Brick I've read is the best O line prospect since Walter Jones and a can't miss guy. Wowsers.

Any guys out there who've owned Deuce for awhile and watched him a lot who'd chime in for us to describe the last couple of years of his career and what talent he has? Myself, I picked him up at the end of last year in a firesale trade and was giddy. I've always thought he was a stud.

EnglishTeacher, in case you haven't read, it sounds like they are moving Jamal to LT... so it doesn't appear they are going for DaBrick, but it could be just a predraft gimmick by NO.

EnglishTeacher, in case you haven't read, it sounds like they are moving Jamal to LT... so it doesn't appear they are going for DaBrick, but it could be just a predraft gimmick by NO.
Yeah, I've obviously read that but I think it very well could be a smokescreen. Of course they'll move him to LT on the depth chart, he's the best T they have right now.If they do pick him though, that combo has the potential to be SCCAAAAAARRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOD!

Oh my god! :no: :shock: :football: :eek: Look out!

wasn't Deuce suffering from a high ankle sprain before he tore the knee? It may not have been the week before the knee, a whole season maybe, but high ankle sprains, while not the death of a running back, are really serious injuries that linger in affect for a long while. In fact, I hear you never really recover from one, its always there. Just something to consider for those saying he looked slow and plodding before the knee. I think he also came out and admitted that he dogged it a bit due to frustration with the Saints offensive scheme and lack of success.

I would think most would say Deuce is a dominating back when healthy and motivated. He's powerful , speedy, and can catch the ball. Really, I don't see much of a weakness in him. I think the fresh start with Payton should help. The team is starting over. They can't be any worse than they were under Haslett and the rotating smorgasborg of Offensive Coordinators they've had. If they draft the Brick and have bookened tackles I think that will bode well for that offense big time. The middle of the line can always be built up. Brooks got rave reviews for his rookie season and seems to be a star in the making. The Brick I've read is the best O line prospect since Walter Jones and a can't miss guy. Wowsers.

Any guys out there who've owned Deuce for awhile and watched him a lot who'd chime in for us to describe the last couple of years of his career and what talent he has? Myself, I picked him up at the end of last year in a firesale trade and was giddy. I've always thought he was a stud.
He's been dinged for several years now. Heading into 04, there was news about him playing on an MCL injury down the stretch, which was the reason for his poor performance down the stretch in 03. Don't remember if he had surgery for that one, I know it didn't really become common knowledge until just before the 04 season. Then the high ankle sprain that year, and of course the ACL last year.

Where did you hear him admit to dogging it anywhere? I don't remember seeing anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread