What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dez's Digital Nomad Thread: Colombia (1 Viewer)

Never heard back from Dayana all day yesterday. Thank goodness for Sara B. She had her swimming class yesterday so I walked over there and met her afterwards. We went to this Mexican restaurant nearby and had dinner and talked for a long time. She put me in a better mood. That's my second time at that restaurant and it's actually not bad. I've never really come across good Mexican food in Colombia but this place is acceptable. I had some cerdo al pastor and they did a good job.

Matched with this chica a few days ago, didn't chat too much then yesterday she suggested we talk over whatsapp. That's usually not a good sign when they're the ones suggesting a more private communication and it's after not having chatted much. Sure enough, she said she was looking for beneficios, which in this context means if you want something you've got to give something. I usually just stay away from any of that kind of thing, but in this case :oldunsure:...

Would you?

Matched with this chica a few days ago, didn't chat too much then yesterday she suggested we talk over whatsapp. That's usually not a good sign when they're the ones suggesting a more private communication and it's after not having chatted much. Sure enough, she said she was looking for beneficios, which in this context means if you want something you've got to give something. I usually just stay away from any of that kind of thing, but in this case :oldunsure:...

Would you?

As soon as any girl starts talking about getting money or gifts, I’m instantly out. Don’t care how hot they are. I don’t need to pay for p.

As soon as any girl starts talking about getting money or gifts, I’m instantly out. Don’t care how hot they are. I don’t need to pay for p.

Like I said, I usually steer clear.

Was really just trying to spice the thread up a bit and give the entire group access to some pics for a change. Considering the lack of response, I guess it didn't work. :kicksrock:

Met up with 21-year old Paula for a late lunch on Saturday. She was cute, decent body. I thought things were going really well but she cut it short after about an hour and a half (a good date for me here usually lasts 3-4 hours). She said she had to go home and get ready to go out with her friends that night. It was still fairly early so I figure she was just ready to go for whatever reason. We exchanged a couple polite messages Sunday, but I get the feeling she's not interested.

Saturday night met up at Theatron with those gringo guys I know here. That place is nuts. Didn't get there until 12:30am and stayed until about 3am. Had a couple beers and hung out, but didn't talk to or get approached by any chicas this time. By the time I caught an uber, etc. I got into bed about 4am. I don't need to tell you guys what a late night that is for an old guy like me lol.

Finally saw Mara again last night, 3 weeks after our first date. She wrote to me during the day and said that she was free in the afternoon if I was. I said of course and we ended up meeting around 7pm at Gran Estacion Mall and from there walked to a fancy Italian restaurant called Di Lucca that had been recommended to me. We had a great time, the food was incredible, even each had a glass of wine (all for a total of $28 :excited:). After that we walked back over to the mall and sat and talked for a while over some ice cream. She basically said that she is always super busy with school and work and for that reason hadn't seen me. She seems pretty interested and even talked about inviting me to her hometown in December. She had class this morning at 7am so around 10pm we called an Uber to drop me off then bring her home. I barely got a couple of pecks on the lips, but it was something. She's a very interesting girl and a lot of fun, so we'll see how it goes over the last few weeks.

Man, just hippled through this thread, great work! You had an older thread from way back about your SA adventures didn't you?

Went to Cartagena this weekend. Man I love that place. Historic, beautiful, great vibe during the day and especially at night. I posted some pics in the thread last February.

You may recall (now) 20-year old Angie from my first trip last year. She's from Cartagena but I met her briefly in Barranquilla and things didn't work out because she was visiting a friend and this guy she was with at the mall didn't want to leave her there with me. Anyway, she met me at the airport in Cartagena on Friday and we went to get me checked into my apartment in the Old City. From there we went to Bocagrande to get some food and we sat and talked for a while. She had traveled that day to get back to town to see me and was feeling tired, so I said let's go back to the apartment and lay down for a little bit. We did, I gave her her body lotion gift, yadda yadda yadda... :pickle:

Saturday I met up with 20-year old Andrea for lunch. We've been talking for over two and a half years and finally met for the first time. We were going to meet up in April 2020 when she was 18 (we'd been talking a couple of months) but the pandemic struck and all my plans were ruined. Shortly thereafter she found a boyfriend and dated him for about two years, and has now been single about 6 months. I couldn't wait to finally see her in person, her pics and body are H-O-T. And I was not disappointed. She showed up like all young hotties on the coast, wearing a small tight little top with no bra :excited: . We met up at one of the larger malls in town and got something to eat and talked a while. She asked me how old I was because she had forgotten. She guessed 38 and when I told her she didn't believe me until I pulled out my driver's license. She said wow, what's your secret. All together now... colageno. She laughed.

We started to take a walk outside but it began sprinkling so we went back inside and hung out for a while longer, probably about three hours total. I had brought her some B&B lotion as well, of course, and she liked it a lot. As we were walking back into the mall she asked if it was for the whole body and I said that it was and that I'd be happy to massage her with it. She looked at me and asked if I gave good massages. I said I do and she asked for free? Well of course. Let's just say it moved during that little exchange. I really thought things might move along farther but she told me she had to go. I asked what she was doing the next day and she said she wasn't sure. I told her I was going to be in the barrio with my friends for most of the day but maybe Sunday night we could hang out and she said maybe, that we were in contact.

After she left I called my friends and they came to the mall and we did some grocery shopping, as we were going to be cooking most of the day with their family Sunday (same place I posted the barrio pics from in Feb also).

Sunday morning started early. Was at my friends' apartment at 8am, we went and finished the grocery shopping then caught a ride to the family home in the barrio about another 30-min drive. We were pretty much there all day, hanging out, cooking, eating, listening to music, playing with the little kids, fending off advances from the 86-year old grandma with dementia, etc. Probably got back to my apartment about 8pm and took a shower. I'd been in touch with Andrea about an hour before and she said her and her amiga were hanging out and weren't sure about what to do. I told her I could meet up with them for a beer or something but there was no response. About 9pm she wrote and said they were just staying in her friend's apartment drinking. There was no invitation and I figured they were at least 40 min away anyway with traffic, so I went walking about the Old City, which is really great at night. I got back in around 10:30p and Andrea and I exchanged a few more messages. Got up and left about 11am Monday to catch my flight back to Bogota.

Sucks that I didn't get to see her again, but I think I at least left her a little intrigued. Not sure when I'll get back to Cartagena but I'll try to keep talking to her and see how things go.

@The Z Machine

I think the only must-do in Bogota is to go check out the La Candelaria/Las Aguas/Plaza de Bolizar/Septima area. I'd say it's good at any time, but especially on the weekend. The Gold Museum is down there as well, and I found it really interesting when I went years ago. Nearby there is also the Quinta de Bolivar if you have time.

I also recommend going to Monserrate. There's a hiking trail that leads up there but best to take the cable car to the top of the mountain. But don't go on the weekend, as you could get stuck up there for longer than you want. Bring a jacket too, it's notably colder up there than in the city.

I also really recommend taking a day trip to Zipaquira to see the Salt Cathedral. I've been there twice and think it's pretty cool. On the way back you should be sure to stop in Chia to eat at Andres Carne de Res. I think that's a can't miss place as well, and fits perfectly with the Zipaquira trip. Ask for them to give you a tour of the place or to see the kitchen, so you can see just how big the whole thing really is.

There are tons of other things to see and do in Bogota, and I'm sure your wife will have many things recommended to her at the conference. But that's my short list.

You guys might remember that back in May when I was in Bogota I was going to make a side trip to Valledupar to visit Delight. She ended up sick and in the hospital the day before my flight, so I cancelled it and ended up going to Barranquilla a week later instead. I haven't really talked to her too much since then, just sporadic messages. Well on Friday I posted a status and Delight sent me a message complaining about me going to Cartagena and all over and seeing other people and not her, that all those people must be more important than she is. I told her that wasn't true and I asked what her address was because I would send her something there (I brought some B&B lotion for her on the off chance I saw her). She said the only thing she wanted sent to her was Dez in a box with a bow on top. I said are you sure, because I can come next weekend but I have to make the arrangements today. She said that yes she was sure and wanted me to come visit. So I bought a round trip ticket for $107 (personal item only) and am going to head out there Friday evening after work. Looking forward to seeing that amazing vixen!!

On Saturday I took a trip to Zipaquira to see my friend Vanessa O. Last year when I was here we met up at a mall in Chia for lunch, and last May she came to Bogota, so I thought it was only fair for me to make the trek out there this time. She's the religious one so there would be no playtime of course. The Uber picked me up about 11:30 am and with Saturday traffic headed out of town we finally got to Zipa at 2pm. I was supposed to meet her at a mall there, and she showed up about 2:30. We went walking along the main drag leading into town and found a restaurant to stop and have lunch. From there we went walking to the park where the entrance to the Salt Cathedral is. I've been there twice and didn't feel the need to go in again, so we continued walking and she showed me around town. I'd only ever gone straight to the Salt Cathedral and back so this was my first time seeing the town, and it was pretty cool and interesting. It's touristy because of the mine, so there were lots of little shops and restaurants, museums, etc. Just like any little tourist trap. From there we walked to the little store that she and her mom have, and I met her mom for the first time (I've known Vanessa O. about 4 and a half years). Caught an Uber back around 7pm and got back to my apartment at 8:30pm due to some more traffic on the north side of Bogota. On a good day it's about an hour drive. Cost me about $28 to get out there and $18 to get back (both including tip). She did buy me lunch though :)

Didn't hear from Mara all weekend, and I left her alone because she said she had lots of schoolwork to do. I ended up sending her a message last night (Sunday) around 8pm. I said how about if I come over closer to where you live tomorrow and we can see each other for dinner? She said you can't today? I said sure if you want, and we looked around and figured out there wasn't much of anything open on Sunday at that time. She said what do you think and I said well you can come here if you want. She said ok :excited: but I can't stay long. I jumped in the shower and sent the Uber to pick her up and she got here around 9pm. We ordered a pizza and watched the second half of SNF and I explained football to her. We were all snuggled up and when I would go in for a kiss she would just give me a little peck. After a few of those I asked what was up and she gave me the standard "I'm on my days" line. I said what's that got to do with a good kiss, and she opened up a bit after that. She stayed until about 11:30pm and it was nice, I get along with her really well, she's cute, nice, and fun. She said next Sunday she would come back with her computer and do her stuff for school while I watch football. That sounds pretty nice to me :wub:

Like I said, I usually steer clear.

Was really just trying to spice the thread up a bit and give the entire group access to some pics for a change. Considering the lack of response, I guess it didn't work. :kicksrock:
yea....no. never pay for it. i was in st john for 10 days gb. i'm still here. :lmao:

I think back in one of the Barranquilla trips I mentioned my friend Valentina. She's from Riohacha, spent a couple of years in Spain with a guy, came back to Colombia and was living in Barranquilla when I was there. She cancelled on me a couple of times while I was there and then we finally did get together once for dinner. She's slim and cute, but our personalities clash and she can be kind of a b*tch. Well a few weeks ago I posted a pic of my dinner and she replied saying she wanted some. I said come to Bogota and I'll take you there and she said I've been living in Bogota since July. So we've tried a couple of times to get together but she's busy during the week and I'm busier on the weekends (and to be honest I wasn't going to put a lot of effort into making things work out). Well yesterday was a holiday here so I asked her if she wanted to meet up for dinner since she didn't have to work. She said good idea and we decided on Andres Carne de Res in Zona T. At about 3pm she said it was raining where she lived so she might not be able to make it :rolleyes:. I finished up work at 4pm, went to the gym, came back and wrote her asking if we were good. She said it was clear there now and she was going to change (we were supposed to meet at 6pm). I jumped in the shower, got ready, called an Uber, and headed that way. I wrote to her and she said she was calling a car. I was about halfway there and she wrote saying it was raining again, then that no car would accept her ride. I said I'll have my guy stop over and we'll pick you up. No, it's raining really hard now and I'll get wet. Don't you have an umbrella? Yes. I'll give you the rain jacket I'm wearing while you walk to the car under your umbrella. No, you don't understand, bla bla bla, better if we see each other another day. Yeah... sure thing.

I was basically already at Andino Mall where we were supposed to meet, so the guy dropped me off and I wandered around there for a while. It's probably the nicest/fanciest mall in Bogota and I've been there many times. I waited to see how long the rain would last, then put my hood up and walked across the street through the medium rain (gasp!) to Andres. They gave me a seat at the bar, I chatted with a couple of women from California who were traveling around Colombia for conferences(?), and ordered some food. That place is really top notch. Ate a great meal and listened to some good live music for a while then headed home. I also made sure to take a lot of pics and post them (though Valentina hasn't looked at them yet).

@The Z Machine whether you end up at Andres Carne de Res in Chia or the one in Zona T, make sure to order the lomo en vino ajisoso and thank me later. Outstanding.

Andres Carne de Res

Last edited:
Valentina did see my status posts about 5 min before they disappeared (after 24 hrs) and she wrote me a message saying that she was mad at me because I went over there and she wanted to go. I said "move or lose" as best I could in Spanish and she sent me a mean sticker.
:lol::shrug:

So yesterday I decided to go to lunch over at Salire Plaza (the mall nearby). I had some food then on my way out I passed a girl handing out something. I tried to grab it and she said no, you have to scan it to see if you get to enter a raffle for a car. I said ok and scanned it on my phone and of course I "won." She said I just need to get you registered. She was cute, around 20 or so, so I said ok that's fine. She pulled out an entry card and started filling it in, asking my name, etc. She asked how old I was and of course I said how old do you think I am? She said 34 and I laughed and told her my age and she didn't believe me. She was filling out the card and got to the part to ask if I was married or single. I said single and she looked at me and said happily? It took me off guard but I laughed and said yes then said what about you, are you single? Yes. Happily? Yes. She finished the registration and said ok I need you to be back here in an hour and I'll take you to the car and see if you win. I said ok thanks, she took the registration card and ripped the perforated part and said I keep this and this is your part. Then she turned my part over and said I'm going to write my cell number down here just in case you have any questions. :excited:

I returned an hour later and she said ok let's go down to the office. On the way there she told me she was studying industrial engineering. I asked what time she got off work and she said at 3pm but then had to go to class. We walked down to some travel agency office and I'm thinking what are we doing here? We walk in and go to the back room and there's a bunch of tables set up and people sitting there talking to workers. Long story short it was a sales pitch. She dropped me off and left and another cute girl, we'll call her Sales Girl #1, came and sat down and started giving me the pitch. We talked for a while but she wasn't making any progress so she called over her boss, Sales Girl #2 (also cute and kind of sexy), who didn't make much progress either, but was being nice. SG#2 left and SG#1 was filling out my info on some sheet and started chatting me up. She asked me how I learned Spanish, wanted to know what happened with my ex, asked if I liked Latinas, who do I live with, do I have kids, commented on how pretty my eyes are and showed me a pic of her mom who has the same color eyes. She said she couldn't believe my age and asked what my secret was... I told her colageno and she laughed and asked if I like colageno. Yes, yes I do. SG#2 came back with SG#3 and they started being chatty too. SG#2 asked me who I live with and if I have kids. She asked how old I was and guessed somewhere in the 30s and when I told her she didn't believe me. SG#3 said yeah I saw his age on the sheet and I can't believe it either. SG#1 says ask him his secret, ask him his secret. So they did, I told them colageno, and all three giggled. SG#2 says wow, how do we get on the colageno list? :excited: I said well it's too bad the rules you read me say that employees can't give out personal information and she said well not in an official way but if we're just talking normally or maybe like at lunch. She looks at SG#1 and says have you had lunch yet? SG#1 says no I haven't and SG#2 says no I haven't either. So now I'm thinking ok this has gone way beyond flirting to make a sale, right? It's always hard to get out of that American mindset of you can't do this, you can't say that, that's inappropriate, creepy, etc. They don't do that here, people live their lives and meet people in every way imaginable, just like they used to do in the U.S.

So I've been sitting there forever at that point and am ready to gnaw my arm off to get away. They finally let me go, I try the raffle thing to win the car, I lose :rolleyes:. I get back to the apartment with only about an hour left in my workday. I start thinking about everything that happened and I'm like you're an idiot, they were begging you to invite them to lunch (even though it's like 4pm here). I finish work, change my clothes, and head back to the mall to go to the gym. Do my routine then head out my normal way, which takes me near the travel agency office. As I'm heading down the escalator, I see SG#2 standing at the desk in the front, so I go walking over. She sees me and smiles, and I say well did you have lunch yet? She says no it's been too busy. I say what about your friend (SG#1) and she says she hasn't either, why do you want to invite us to lunch? I say yes, she smiles and turns to the other girls at the desk and says que lindo. She says come back in about 20 min we'll be free. I went for a walk in the mall and then went back in about 25 min. The two girls came walking out and we went up to the food court and I bought them lunch. We had a nice time, I gave them my number (although only SG#1 took it down), then they went back to work and I went home. So far I've exchanged some messages last night and this morning with SG#1 and also the original girl who stopped me in the first place and gave me her number.

God I love it here.

Last edited:
Two nights ago I matched with 32-year old Camila. Not hot but cute, little, nice bod. We chatted a bit and she gave me her number. We chatted a bit more that evening and got a little flirty. Yesterday morning she wrote and said she was going to see if I wanted to go out but that she had to work late and needed to relax. I said well just come over here after work and I'll give you a nice relaxing massage. She said that sounds great, I'll write you when I get off work. Later on she wrote and said hey, I'd really love a good massage, but my period just started. I said what does that have to do with a massage? She said ok, good. She wrote again later when she was finishing up around 8pm and I asked if she wanted to come straight here or meet somewhere. She said she was tired and didn't even want to move so she would come here. I sent an uber and she got here about 8:40pm. I met her outside and asked if she was hungry. She said she hadn't had anything since breakfast so we walked over and picked up a pizza and brought it back to the apartment. TNF was on so I explained that to her and we watched a while. We were nice and comfy and snuggled up, I was massaging her feet and legs. I started kissing her, my hands were roaming, etc. She started taking good care of things for me and really was getting into everything. Then she said I told you about my period, and I said yeah. She said would it bother you if...? and I said you wanna go get in the shower? She said yes, yadda yadda yadda... :pickle:

(Oops, this was my Friday update but forgot to hit post before walking out the door)

Headed out to the airport to fly to Valledupar. I'll get in around 8:30pm and Delight is supposed to meet me at the airport. I reserved a really fancy looking room at a boutique hotel for like $27/night so we'll see how that goes. She's been messaging me all morning so she seems ready and excited to see me. I hope I didn't drain the tank too much last night, gonna have to keep up with a very hot-blooded, now 19-year old the next couple of days :excited:. Took my "vitamin C" for an extra boost :p.

Nice man, I'm a fan of Delight!

Not sure if you've discussed it but what do you think these girls are looking for with you? Hoping to rope you into a relationship, or just having fun being treated nice by a gringo??

Flight was delayed and I got in Friday night about 9pm. Most of the smaller cities here have small, no-frills airports but I also find that charming. And no matter the city or airport you basically walk outside from baggage claim and there are always people there waiting to greet their family members or whoever. I've been coming down here for a long time and there's nothing quite like having a beautiful girl waiting for you at the airport among those people. I only had a personal item so I walked straight out and spotted Delight right away. She's tall, 5'9" or 5'10" I'd say, so it's easy to pick her out. She was wearing a tiny spaghetti strap halter top, about the size of a sports bra, and a long, light, flowing Caribbean style skirt, looking spectacular :wub: . She gave me the customary cheek-kiss and a big hug and we went walking down the row of taxis and got in one. I wasn't sure how things were going to be, but it was about a 25-30 min ride to the hotel and before long she had her head resting on my shoulder and both arms wrapped around my arm. Earlier about halfway through the flight I realized that I'd forgotten to pack the condoms. I'd been so worried about figuring out exactly what I could/needed to fit in my backpack, along with her B&B lotion and a couple of other things I picked up for her, it completely slipped my mind :doh:. Her affection in the car, uh, reminded me that the evening fun might be dampened a bit, but it was what it was.

We got to the "hotel" which was really a large house with four guest rooms. No one was there, but per the instructions from the host the watch guy out in the street had the keys for us. He was just sitting out there in the street keeping an eye on the neighborhood I guess :oldunsure:. We got in and got situated and I gave her the things I'd brought for her, and she was very excited and appreciative. We headed out to get dinner at a steak restaurant that I'd seen had high marks on Trip Advisor. It was actually pretty good and we had a nice dinner and visit. By the time we'd gone from the airport to the hotel, got situated, found the restaurant, ate, etc. it was after 11:30pm when we got back to the room. She had not been able to get off work on Saturday and had to work 9a-4:30p so planned to get up at 7am. We turned on the TV and snuggled up for a bit then went to sleep.

About 5am Saturday I woke up and we were all snuggled up. My hands started roaming a bit and it turned out that she was awake as well. We started making out and things got heavy quick. I had already told her about the condoms the night before, so we took care of things in different ways and it was :excited::excited:. A little while later she got up to shower and get ready to go home. When she was finished we called a car, I walked her downstairs when it arrived, then went back to lay down. She had invited me to her house for lunch around 1pm or so, so I had time to kill. Finally around 10am I got up to take a shower. Now, the pictures and reviews of this place had been so good on airbnb I hadn't bothered to check the details too closely. There are some things that aren't a given here in Colombia, and it turned out that this boutique hotel did not have hot water :doh:. OMG I was so mad at myself. I absolutely hate, hate, hate taking cold showers. It's the worst torture to me.

A lot of :rant: and :censored: and :cry:later, I dried off and headed out to walk over to a nice mall about 10 min walk away. I was quickly reminded that I was in part of what is considered the coastal region of Colombia. There's Colombia and then there's la costa (which obviously includes Barranquilla and Cartagena as well). It was 11am and it was 90 degrees, and it was chaos. I left the nice neighborhood I was in and started down a wide sidewalk alongside the main road, which was to my right. I glanced over and saw the cars stopped for a light, then heard the sounds of motos. I looked up and saw 3-4 motorcycles hurtling towards me on the sidewalk :eek:. My first reaction was to be on guard, because multiple motos or two guys on motos is how many street crimes are perpetrated here. But I saw more coming behind them and realized that they were just bypassing the traffic. In every city down here you commonly see tons of motos weaving in and out of stopped traffic, but this was the first time I'd ever seen them use the sidewalk. I continued on my way in my usual manner of trying to walk like I know where I'm going, with a cara armargada on my face. I think I was also slightly on guard because Delight told me it was dangerous outside and if I decided to walk to the mall to not look so gringo :oldunsure:. I stopped in a pharmacy to make sure I was headed the right direction then kept going. I had zero issues and got to the mall, which turned out to be fairly nice and quite large. Now I think I've mentioned before that I generally like the attention I get when I'm in Colombia, and was curious as to how it would be in a place like Valledupar which is not known as a touristy place or spot for expats. As soon as I walked into the mall I could see that I was getting noticed. I walked past a kiosk with three girls working and talking, and as I walked by one was looking at me and elbowed another one and all three watched me go by. I went past again on my way back and I could see that they saw me coming and looked away until I came past and they all turned to watch me go by :wub:. I walked around a bit to see everything then stopped in the drug store to pick up condoms, and there were three girls working behind the desk :oldunsure:. The cutest one was free and asked me if she could help me. I told her that I was looking for condoms and she said oh, well right there is what we have (all hanging behind the desk). I asked if they were all the same and she said no there are different styles (lubricated, etc.). I said no, are they all the same size? and she looked at me for a second, then her mouth broke into a very slight smile and she turned and asked one of the other girls if they were the same. The other girl started pointed them out to me saying no, this one is lubricated, this one is ribbed, this one is on sale, etc. and the first girl said no, are the sizes all the same, then she looked straight down at her desk with a smile on her face like she was trying not to laugh or smile too big. The second girl said oh, well let me check, then looked at them all and said no they're all the same (I've obviously been here many times and already knew the answer). I said ok give me that one on sale and pulled out a credit card. The second girl said to use your card you have to spend 10,000 pesos so would you like something else, we've got some aspirin and things on sale. The first girl said or maybe you would like some lubricant. I :blush: and said heey and she just smiled. I said ok I'll just pay cash, thanks. They gave me my change and my condoms in a bag and I said to the first girl so all colombianos are the same then? She thought about it for a second and said yes, and I said ahh and smiled and walked out. Delight had sent me a message earlier saying that I wouldn't like what was for lunch so for me to just get something to eat first, so I stopped in the food court and got some pizza and then headed back to the room (once again with motos on the sidewalk but no issues, though I did have to backtrack myself after I realized I'd passed the street with the hotel).

Last edited:
Delight took her lunch a little later so I called an Uber and headed to her aunt and uncle's house where she lives. The guy stopped where we thought we were supposed to be but there was no number on the house. I sent her a message saying I was there, and she came walking to the door and started unlocking the gate as I got out of the car. She was wearing a skimpy top and skimpy shorts, with her long lean body and legs calling out to me lol. I went in and we visited in the sala for a while, I met her aunt and uncle, etc. She only had 30 min for lunch and I got there a little late so before long she had to go back to work. She works from home for a call center with customers based in the U.S. She speaks fairly good English so she's one of those foreigners who answers the customer service line when we call in. Because of that she seems to have a fairly negative view of Americans, she says we are rude. She asked me if I wanted to sit in her room for a bit while she worked, so I did. I have to say I can see why she finds it stressful. I watched her take 3 or 4 calls and all the different clicking and windows she was messing with, while typing in notes and explaining things to the callers several times over. She said they only get 30 seconds in between calls. After a little bit I was hot and bored and stressed from watching her, so I called an Uber to head back. The same guy picked me up (I never saw more than four cars on the app when I used it).

It was about 3pm when I got back and figured I had an hour and a half to kill so I just laid down and went through my Tinder wondering how many matches I would make in Valledupar. At 4:30p she wrote and said she had a headache and was going to take a nap. About 5:30 we exchanged messages and she said she was going to get ready. She said she was going to wear a dress and we could just go over to the mall (the malls here seem to be social hot spots on the weekends). I think she finally showed up around 7pm in a little black dress, hose, and boots :eek::excited::pics: (I can't seem to find the jaw drop smiley, is it gone?). We took the same car she arrived in over to the mall, and if I didn't attract attention before the two of us together sure seemed to. A tall black girl and a tall (relative to Colombians) gringo walking around holding hands or arm in arm, not to mention her in that little black dress (come to think of it, that was probably the source for most of the attention). We were there for a while and went into several stores looking at various things, talking, etc. She said she was hungry so we went to the food court and she decided on KFC :whistle:. We ate then caught a taxi back to the room. We put on some movies for a while and were getting tired, we started kissing a bit and she said she still had a headache and rolled over, so we went to sleep.

My flight was leaving at 9:30a on Sunday (she was not happy about that when I told her, she thought we would be spending Sunday together too) because I wanted to get back and watch football, plus Mara was supposed to basically come spend the day with me. I had the alarm set for 6am planning to leave at 7am or so, but I woke up again at 5am. My hands started roaming a bit, and she woke up and I kept things going until she woke up some more. We started making out, things got heavy again quickly, yadda yadda yadda... :pickle:. There's definitely something to be said for chemistry, and we seem to have it. Afterwards she made me take a shower even though I really didn't want to, because I shouldn't be a "hippie" :porked:. Then I packed up as she took a shower (the only reason I didn't join her was that :censored: cold water). She put a movie on and we watched that until it was time to go. She said she hoped it wouldn't be another year before she saw me again. She was really quite cariñosa with me the whole time we were together, which was really nice :wub: . That's the kind of thing I'm looking for, and it made me think that I should get her into some sort of regular rotation. If she was still living in Bogota she would be, but she moved to freaking Valledupar. And when I met her it was in Riohacha, so not a couple of places that I'm going to frequent much. We called a car, dropped her off at home, then I went on to the airport. Had a good flight back to Bogota and arrived to nice weather (66 and sunny). Got back to my apartment about 15 min before the games started, checked my lineups real quick, etc. then sat down in front of the TV to relax. Definitely a great side trip!

OK, we finally booked our hotel for the week: Hotel Rosales Plaza in the Chapinero neighborhood, November 5 - November 10. I went to the Andrés Carne de Res website and that thing is a mess...

OK, we finally booked our hotel for the week: Hotel Rosales Plaza in the Chapinero neighborhood, November 5 - November 10. I went to the Andrés Carne de Res website and that thing is a mess...

Awesome! Chapinero is a popular neighborhood (that's where that club Theatron is, you can take the family :lol::p).

Yeah, the website isn't the best, and the menu is huge. But trust me, that place is the best run, most efficient organization in all of Colombia.

Nice man, I'm a fan of Delight!

Not sure if you've discussed it but what do you think these girls are looking for with you? Hoping to rope you into a relationship, or just having fun being treated nice by a gringo??

I think that can be a complicated answer, but in the end I'll just say they're looking for the same thing any other woman is looking for, which obviously varies widely. The whole gringo/green card narrative is lazy and ignorant, although it certainly can be included in the list.

Last edited:
So Sunday I got settled in with the games, then messaged Mara asking if we were still seeing each other (she was going to come over and do schoolwork while I watched football). She replied and said that's the plan, and my thought was we're going to basically spend most of the day together. I asked what time and she said 4pm, so about 2pm I hopped in the shower, etc. At 4pm I wrote and she said that her parents weren't home yet and she was stuck watching her brother until they got in. At 5:30 I wrote and she said they still weren't home. I asked if she had talked with them and she said yes, they knew that she had plans. Grrrr, ok. At 6:30 she writes and says that they just got home, but that it's raining a lot there and so she won't be able to come :oldunsure::rolleyes::censored::hot::rant:. I say ok well then I'm going to go get a pizza. She says nooo I'm really hungry. I say yeah, so am I, and I have been for a while. You're not coming so I'm going to go get a pizza. She says take a picture for me, and I ignore it and don't write to her the rest of the day. Monday she writes and asks if I'm mad at her. I write back but ignore the question and she mentions that she's home alone doing her work, and I say why are you alone? that's too bad. We exchanged a few more messages but I was short and grumpy and that was about it.

I've been trying to take these things in stride more, and Sara B. tells me I need to let them go like it doesn't bother me because that's the best way to come across. But I was pretty mad about it and just couldn't keep from acting like a jerk to Mara. And today I posted a status saying "How strange that after all this time I still haven't seen a Colombian melt in the rain" referring to both Mara this week and Valentina last week, of course, plus the dozens of other times this has been used as an excuse. A number of people responded laughing and others responded asking what I meant. Mara actually saw it earlier but didn't say anything. I'm really not sure we'll even exchange messages the rest of this week, let alone see each other. And I leave this coming Sunday night.

Great updates Dez. You stay busy down there that's for sure. Keeping up with all those girls sounds exhausting! :lmao:

I ended up matching yesterday with a girl from Valledupar who I swiped while I was there. We exchanged messages and I told her I was in town over the weekend and she said I know, I saw you, I work at the mall. :lol:

My friend Brighitte (the hot one with the boyfriend) and I have been trying to get together since I got back, but haven't been able to work anything out because she works a lot (just like last time it took a long time to work something out). Since my time is winding down we decided that I would just go see her at work (she's a hostess at a restaurant in one of the main foreigner areas) on a typically slow night and visit there. So I went over yesterday and got there about 7:30pm and omg she looked amazing, long curls and all made up :wub: . The restaurant is inside a larger building with several other restaurants, so the entrance is inside and we just hung out there for a while talking and catching up, and as people came up she would show them to a table and then come back and keep talking.

After a little while she asked me if I wanted a table and I said yes since I also came to eat. So I sat and ordered and ate and the whole time she kept coming by to check on me or talk for a minute before spiriting off to do hostess things. Or if she was at the front she would send me messages on my phone. I finished eating and she came by and asked if I wanted a dessert. I told her I kind of wanted a milkshake but I didn't think there was one on the menu and she said no there isn't. About 15 min later she came back with a milkshake; she'd had the guys at the bar make one for me :wub: . A little while after that one of the waitresses came by with a piece of candy and a note that said Happy Halloween -from an admirer, and I :lmao:. And the final surprise of the night was a complimentary dessert that had "Feliz Viaje" written in chocolate on the plate. There were two identical parts to it, so I ate one and made her eat the other.

It was about 9:45p and she came by to talk. She was getting off at 10 so I said how about I call an Uber and we drop you off at your house on my way home? Of course she liked that idea since it would get her home much quicker. About 20-30 min prior to that a foreign guy came in by himself and she had brought him over to sit at the bar. I paid my bill and went to the bathroom then came back and stood outside with her at the hostess stand while she finished her shift. It was time to go and she was saying goodbye to everyone, and the guy at the bar called her over and said you're leaving? but I came in here for you. She said you came in here for the food, not for me, and walked away. A minute later he called her over again and said why are you going home with that guy and not with me? and she said PERDÓN?? :hot: you came in here for the food, not for me! She's got quite the strong personality and I would not want to be on the receiving end of her ire. The truth is, I saw her talking to the guy at the bar and actually figured he was hitting on her or something but I didn't know what had happened until after we left. I asked if she'd seen him before and she said no. Ahh, the daily struggle of hot chicas I guess.

I called the Uber and we had another good 20 minutes or so to talk in the car on the way to her place. Dropped her off and was home around 10:45pm. Definitely worth the ride out there and the visit, and I was really touched by how she treated me all night.

Not sure if this is going to be a new tradition, but last time I was in Bogota, Sara B. came over the Saturday night before I left and spent the night with me, kind of a pijamada (slumber party). So I asked her the other day when we were going to have our pijamada this time and we settled on last night. She came over and we went and picked up a pizza, then came back and talked about all kinds of stuff, I told her all about my Valledupar trip, helped her with some English work she had to do, etc. We got into bed and snuggled up for the night. No play, but didn't expect any (we seem to be past that kind of thing), and anyway it's hard to complain about being snuggled up with a cute 26-year old all night. I got up at 6am to start work at 7am. I woke her up at 7:30 and she was out the door at 8:15 to head home first, then to class.

I thought I was finally going to meet up with 20-year old Fabiana last night after weeks and weeks of trying to coincide with her work schedule. She wrote me during the day saying that everything was good, then right before she got off work at 5pm she wrote saying that her boss had told everyone that they have to come to so-and-so and do so-and-so, so she wouldn't be able to see me. So around 6:30 I wrote to 32-year old Camila who I hooked up with last week and asked her what she was doing. She said she was on the way to a French class that she's taking. I asked what time it was over. 9pm. You wanna come over after? Sure, I'll write you when I get out. She got out of her class later, came over, yadda yadda yadda... :pickle: .

I guess you could look at this as a good example of the difference between the young ones I'm usually chasing, and an older more established one. But as we saw weeks ago with 30-year old Kath, that's not really always the case.

Exchanged a few messages with Hilary earlier in the week. I told her I was leaving on Sunday and wouldn't mind seeing her again. She said that I treated her badly the last time when I left in June, and then again when she was here a few weeks ago. I said I didn't treat you badly when you were here, and she said I wanted her to leave and wasn't hiding it, and no one treats her that way and we'll never see each other again. Ok.

Have barely heard from Raquel in weeks. She's still in my Tinder matches, so on a whim I pulled up her profile and looked at it, and it said she was 4 miles away :oldunsure: . I know that it had shown differently when she was supposedly in Venezuela, so I felt fairly confident that what I was seeing was accurate. I sent her a message asking how she was, etc. and that she forgot about me. She replied with a video asking how I was doing and saying that either next week or the week after she was going to travel back to Colombia, and that she didn't know if I would still be here or not :<_<:. I noticed that in the video she was inside and wearing a jacket. The other pictures and things she had sent me from Venezuela seemed pretty warm climate. So that combined with the gps info on Tinder made me think :bs:. I have to say that it hurt my feelings and I was a bit disappointed. I just said something like you didn't want to see me (not giving away what I know) and she said it's not that, it's just that I'm somewhere else and it's impossible :rolleyes:. So I didn't answer and just let it drop. Disappointing 💔 .

Have barely heard from Raquel in weeks. She's still in my Tinder matches, so on a whim I pulled up her profile and looked at it, and it said she was 4 miles away :oldunsure: . I know that it had shown differently when she was supposedly in Venezuela, so I felt fairly confident that what I was seeing was accurate. I sent her a message asking how she was, etc. and that she forgot about me. She replied with a video asking how I was doing and saying that either next week or the week after she was going to travel back to Colombia, and that she didn't know if I would still be here or not :<_<:. I noticed that in the video she was inside and wearing a jacket. The other pictures and things she had sent me from Venezuela seemed pretty warm climate. So that combined with the gps info on Tinder made me think :bs:. I have to say that it hurt my feelings and I was a bit disappointed. I just said something like you didn't want to see me (not giving away what I know) and she said it's not that, it's just that I'm somewhere else and it's impossible :rolleyes:. So I didn't answer and just let it drop. Disappointing 💔 .
Eh that sucks but what can ya do. Write her off and move down the list

Been reading and seeing some youtube vids on the popularity of Scopolamine in Colombia. Seems like the method of choice to dose and rob gringos on dating apps. Any experience with this Dez? How do you weed the thieves out?

Been reading and seeing some youtube vids on the popularity of Scopolamine in Colombia. Seems like the method of choice to dose and rob gringos on dating apps. Any experience with this Dez? How do you weed the thieves out?

Yeah, it happens in Bogota and Medellin. Luckily not to me, but a couple of those approach guys I talked about earlier had it happen to them. A pretty good friend of Sara B.'s from the UK got nailed once and almost died. He was out cold in his apartment for several days and ended up in the hospital for a while. It's one thing if someone uses it on you, but if they don't know what they're doing it can be fatal.

I like to think I have a good sense about people, but obviously not foolproof. I just chat with the girls and see how the rapport is, plus I usually meet them in a public place and hang out a while, etc. These drug-and-rob things usually seem to happen with a girl you "pick up" at the club and bring home, or a girl you match with that wants to come straight to your place.

Users who are viewing this thread