What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (4 Viewers)

Why should people with camera phones have all the fun? I carry my digital camera around with me quite a bit because you never know. Anyway here is my first contribution (warning, it is a little graphic)

donating blood
pretty big needle for blood. Sure you werent donating plasma?
I did what they call an "alyx", basically they take a double dose of red blood cells. They take a bunch of blood, then return some of the plasma back in to your arm. Second time I've done it this way, feels kinda cold going back in and your lips get a little tingly.
Sera Tec paid us college students for this. Easy money if you needed it. I still have a few 4-gauge needle scars on my right arm from the frequency :unsure:
If I gave blood while in college, there would have been a head on it. :highbac:

Wow, some really good photos here :eek:

My Pic of the Day

Gotta get out the digital rebel and take some more photos.

MacArtist your stuff is really really good. :bow:
Gamer... How do you like Fotki so far?
I haven't done a lot with them. Basically just used it to share some pics. Its pretty easy to set up an account and upload photos. No complaints so far.

Why should people with camera phones have all the fun? I carry my digital camera around with me quite a bit because you never know. Anyway here is my first contribution (warning, it is a little graphic)

donating blood
The size of that needle. :eek:

I think we're looking for more of the "up the skirt" kind of shots. Please take your dreams of being a contest winner for "Photo World" somewhere else.
I should have been more specific in the thread title I guess. I like the professional looking pictures and all and don't want them to go anywhere, but we need a big time increase in the candid, random, funny and/or boner inspiring pictures (like the kind that the camera phone thread is dedicated to).

Nice pics... :thumbup: Sorry - slightly off topic... but...

How's the Canon EOS Digital Rebel 300E working for you? Time to upgrade mine and can't decide whether to go for a full DSLR or maybe try the Sony DSC R1 (with fixed, but v good lens)...

And to continue to theme - here's one of my Florence pics

Nice pics... :thumbup: Sorry - slightly off topic... but...

How's the Canon EOS Digital Rebel 300E working for you? Time to upgrade mine and can't decide whether to go for a full DSLR or maybe try the Sony DSC R1 (with fixed, but v good lens)...

And to continue to theme - here's one of my Florence pics
Great shot from florence! I'm going to upload my "good" shots of Florence later today.I love the Rebel and can't imagine using another camera. I would definitely get the 300E.
Cheers. Thanks for the advice. Will try it out after Xmas...

If you will allow me a moment of self promotion. This is a start up company that my wife is involved in(family deal). I noticed that a lot of you use flickr or imageshack etc. I would encourage you to try out www.phanfare.com You can download a free 30 day trial. The uniqueness of this product over other like flickr and other web based photo portals is that it allows you to create your own unique home page. Simple windows drag and drop process for uploading pics. The url that you use is your own ( i.e. http://walnutz.phanfare.com) You can passwordprotect your site or just certain albums. Eliminates the need to store your photos locally on your own PC as the full image is uploded and stored on secure servers. I lost my hard drive a few months back and had we not been using this we would have lost all of ou digital photos. I know stupid for not backing things up.

Anyway, it is a good simple product. If you ever want to leave they will send you a dvd with all your pics on it. No advertising on your pics, spam etc. 6.95 a month...Supports windows and mac OS 10.4tiger

okay hijack over ... now go back to posting pics of the day...

If you will allow me a moment of self promotion. This is a start up company that my wife is involved in(family deal). I noticed that a lot of you use flickr or imageshack etc. I would encourage you to try out www.phanfare.com You can download a free 30 day trial. The uniqueness of this product over other like flickr and other web based photo portals is that it allows you to create your own unique home page. Simple windows drag and drop process for uploading pics. The url that you use is your own ( i.e. http://walnutz.phanfare.com) You can passwordprotect your site or just certain albums. Eliminates the need to store your photos locally on your own PC as the full image is uploded and stored on secure servers. I lost my hard drive a few months back and had we not been using this we would have lost all of ou digital photos. I know stupid for not backing things up.

Anyway, it is a good simple product. If you ever want to leave they will send you a dvd with all your pics on it. No advertising on your pics, spam etc. 6.95 a month...Supports windows and mac OS 10.4tiger

:ptts:

If you will allow me a moment of self promotion. This is a start up company that my wife is involved in(family deal). I noticed that a lot of you use flickr or imageshack etc. I would encourage you to try out www.phanfare.com  You can download a free 30 day trial. The uniqueness of this product over other like flickr and other web based photo portals is that it allows you to create your own unique home page. Simple windows drag and drop process for uploading pics. The url that you use is your own ( i.e.  http://walnutz.phanfare.com) You can passwordprotect your site or just certain albums. Eliminates the need to store your photos locally on your own PC as the full image is uploded and stored on secure servers. I lost my hard drive a few months back and had we not been using this we would have lost all of ou digital photos. I know stupid for not backing things up.

Anyway, it is a good simple product. If you ever want to leave they will send you a dvd with all your pics on it. No advertising on your pics, spam etc.  6.95 a month...Supports windows and mac OS 10.4tiger

:ptts:
I know I Know..... :)

No offense to you/your wife, but I'll take all that business for $5/month :D

If you will allow me a moment of self promotion. This is a start up company that my wife is involved in(family deal). I noticed that a lot of you use flickr or imageshack etc. I would encourage you to try out www.phanfare.com  You can download a free 30 day trial. The uniqueness of this product over other like flickr and other web based photo portals is that it allows you to create your own unique home page. Simple windows drag and drop process for uploading pics. The url that you use is your own ( i.e.  http://walnutz.phanfare.com) You can passwordprotect your site or just certain albums. Eliminates the need to store your photos locally on your own PC as the full image is uploded and stored on secure servers. I lost my hard drive a few months back and had we not been using this we would have lost all of ou digital photos. I know stupid for not backing things up.

Anyway, it is a good simple product. If you ever want to leave they will send you a dvd with all your pics on it. No advertising on your pics, spam etc.  6.95 a month...Supports windows and mac OS 10.4tiger

what means this are we competing now ?? :popcorn: :mellow:

If you will allow me a moment of self promotion. This is a start up company that my wife is involved in(family deal). I noticed that a lot of you use flickr or imageshack etc. I would encourage you to try out www.phanfare.com   You can download a free 30 day trial. The uniqueness of this product over other like flickr and other web based photo portals is that it allows you to create your own unique home page. Simple windows drag and drop process for uploading pics. The url that you use is your own ( i.e.  http://walnutz.phanfare.com) You can passwordprotect your site or just certain albums. Eliminates the need to store your photos locally on your own PC as the full image is uploded and stored on secure servers. I lost my hard drive a few months back and had we not been using this we would have lost all of ou digital photos. I know stupid for not backing things up.

No, but with http://sourceforge.net/projects/gallery on an existing server, I could duplicate what you're offering in about 2 days.

If you will allow me a moment of self promotion. This is a start up company that my wife is involved in(family deal). I noticed that a lot of you use flickr or imageshack etc. I would encourage you to try out www.phanfare.com   You can download a free 30 day trial. The uniqueness of this product over other like flickr and other web based photo portals is that it allows you to create your own unique home page. Simple windows drag and drop process for uploading pics. The url that you use is your own ( i.e.  http://walnutz.phanfare.com) You can passwordprotect your site or just certain albums. Eliminates the need to store your photos locally on your own PC as the full image is uploded and stored on secure servers. I lost my hard drive a few months back and had we not been using this we would have lost all of ou digital photos. I know stupid for not backing things up.

No, but with http://sourceforge.net/projects/gallery on an existing server, I could duplicate what you're offering in about 2 days.
Ahhh, now I see.. Well if you got the time good luck with it. We sure ain't getting rich with it. And with that you still have to store them on your own PC. Offering the back up space for most non PC literate users is a bonus.. but yes i know it could likely be easily duplicated.

Dug up this old picture from a beach in Houston during last year's sand castle competition in June. Hope it brings warm thoughts to those of you who are freezing your asses off this time of year :thumbup:

Dug up this old picture from a beach in Houston during last year's sand castle competition in June. Hope it brings warm thoughts to those of you who are freezing your asses off this time of year :thumbup:
:thumbup: I appreciate the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread