What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis PPR: Worth burning #1 Waiver Priority? (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
So Dion Lewis was dropped this morning in my 12-team PPR league. I've been holding on to the #1 waiver spot all year, hoping for that slam dunk add of course. This is the first time I've held on to the #1 priority like this, and I don't love it as I feel like I miss out on decent players hoping for the home run.

My RBs aren't in dire straights right now but I'm likely about to lose Connor:

Fournette/Yeldon, James Connor, Carlos Hyde, Royce Freeman

We start 2RB/2WR/1Flex so I've been starting 3 RBs as my WRs are weak after D Hopkins.

Lewis hasn't been great or anything, but in PPR I would think he'll at least be a flex starter the rest of the way.

Thanks, WHIR!

It's certainly not the slam dunk pickup you would hope for with top priority, but doesn't get a whole lot better. I was high on Dion this year and he has been a bit of a disappointment so far. PPR i'd pull the trigger. I believe he actually outtouched Henry this past week, but not 100% on that. If that offense ever clicks i think Dion will be pretty good. 

LOL...i also can't argue at all with beerbuff. It's a risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you, I am holding onto a top waiver slot hoping for the home run.

I think the crux of this question is less about Lewis and more about Connor. If Bell is traded, you have no issue, and you'd continue to hold on for the home run add. My gut says Pittsburgh WANTS to move him and just be done with this mess, but given that they're not going to accept less than a second round pick, it seems unlikely that a team will pony up, even with the compensatory third coming back to them the following year. Philly is the best shot, but unless they're playing coy, it sounds like they're not interested.

Hyde is a fine RB2, but that puts you in a tough spot at Flex. Lewis, thanks to his involvement in the passing game, provides you a reasonable floor...but is it higher than Freeman's?

My gut says I wouldn't make the move, and I'd hope he slips through the cracks and I could add him in a post-waiver move, saving my priority.

Like you, I am holding onto a top waiver slot hoping for the home run.

I think the crux of this question is less about Lewis and more about Connor. If Bell is traded, you have no issue, and you'd continue to hold on for the home run add. My gut says Pittsburgh WANTS to move him and just be done with this mess, but given that they're not going to accept less than a second round pick, it seems unlikely that a team will pony up, even with the compensatory third coming back to them the following year. Philly is the best shot, but unless they're playing coy, it sounds like they're not interested.

Hyde is a fine RB2, but that puts you in a tough spot at Flex. Lewis, thanks to his involvement in the passing game, provides you a reasonable floor...but is it higher than Freeman's?

My gut says I wouldn't make the move, and I'd hope he slips through the cracks and I could add him in a post-waiver move, saving my priority.
Solid advice. My guess is that in 12 team there is no way he slips through the cracks, but that doesn't mean he provides you anything. 

I am not a guy that holds out for the hope of a difference maker.  Those are usually guys that start the season early and take a job away.  Depending on your league the other option is a handcuff that gets flung into service due to a late injury.  However, in many leagues the handcuffs that could actually excel if given the opportunity are usually already rostered and aren't on the waiver wire.  If you are in the type of league that has those type still available then maybe I hold.  Otherwise if you see a guy that improves your starting lineup then I wouldn't hesitate to go get that player. 

I am not so sure Lewis actually improves your starting lineup though.  He has stand alone value and could be really good if Henry gets injured so there is value in having him.  I just don't think he is currently any better than Freeman at your flex spot. 

Thanks for the help everyone! Much appreciated!

One other thing that I failed to note is that I've been trying to package a RB to upgrade at WR. So if I made one of those deals, I'd be much better off having Lewis for depth.

FWIW I don't see any way he slips through waivers.

I'm assuming you have to be shopping Hyde or Freeman. If you plan to ship one i'd give more consideration to picking up Dion if he is the best available. There is certainly still a chance that offense wakes up.

Thanks for the help everyone! Much appreciated!

One other thing that I failed to note is that I've been trying to package a RB to upgrade at WR. So if I made one of those deals, I'd be much better off having Lewis for depth.

FWIW I don't see any way he slips through waivers.
Lewis could be your trade bait too... Or you could package your waiver spot in a trade deal to pick up a better wr.

Since it's a PPR, I'd use the priority and get Lewis in hopes they start using him like everyone expected.

Users who are viewing this thread