What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disgruntled QBs and the owners "line in the sand" (1 Viewer)

Referencing how well they have done the past year or so adds to the Rodgers side.  Maybe they win the super bowl with another impact player rather than drafting a waste of a roster spot in the 1st round
This.  I hope GB fans eventually realize how poor of a decision the Love pick was if they haven’t already.  

You are not right. Here. GB fans have every right to be snarly. 

Look, he has been a big baby. He needs to stop. Should they cheat on a big baby? 

If that works out fine. But GB fans deserve not have this guy hold their franchise hostage. Period. 

The guy has turned into a #### and needs humbled and go somewhere. 
Agree 100%. Good post. 

He isn’t what? Wasn’t he the MVP last year? For the 3rd time? 

Dude’s a HOF QB. I’m baffled:confused:
Is it really that hard? This is one of the worst trolling attempts I've seen in years. I can't call it off the rails, you can't even see the rails from where he is. The whole "ok I promise I will leave this thread.  Now." 8 posts ago was a pretty big giveaway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it really that hard? This is one of the worst trolling attempts I've seen in years. I can't call it off the rails, you can't even see the rails from where he is. The whole "ok I promise I will leave this thread.  Now." 8 posts go was a pretty big giveaway.
Sensible explanation. 

Is it really that hard? This is one of the worst trolling attempts I've seen in years. I can't call it off the rails, you can't even see the rails from where he is. The whole "ok I promise I will leave this thread.  Now." 8 posts go was a pretty big giveaway.
Actually that is my bad. Sorry. 

I’m not offended at all. I’ve got no horse in this race. You just seem to really not like Aaron Rodgers. 
A lot of packer fans really hate him. People really hate someone who may be smarter than them but definitely think they are. Seems that's the big problem in gb. Of all the problems with some of the athletes, doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world. 

Seems like it's time for Rodgers, the team and the fans to move on. None of them seem to be getting along.

I think this is another example of how players are taking over leagues.  Choosing where they want to go, who they want to play for, etc.  The NBA hit this situation many years ago, it's just now that the NFL players are doing the same. 

I'm not saying I agree, nor disagree with this... but it's the way the sports world is trending.  I can see merit in both sides of the coin, but in some cases I do see it going to far.

As for Rodgers:  Like most things, the truth lies in the middle. 
Do I think GB treated Rodgers terribly with their draft pick of Love, among other things?  Yes.
Do I think Rodgers is one of the most arrogant/selfish/pompous players in the league?  Yes.

Please let's get this WAY back on track. Drop 100% of the back and forth shots at each other and keep it 100% on the topic. 

Seems really petty to try and get a guy fired because he took a young QB, but I suppose Rodgers earned that "right".

Good summary https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/4/30/22412383/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-trade-buzz-nfl-draft

Some have pointed out that if Rodgers does force his way out of Green Bay, he’ll be hard-pressed to find a better place to win. NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal noted that the Packers have the league’s best wide receiver in Davante Adams, the league’s best left tackle in David Bakhtiari, one of the league’s top running backs in Aaron Jones, and a head coach who is one of six in NFL history to win 24 of his first 30 games in LaFleur. Where exactly is Rodgers going to find a superior situation?

But that might not be a convincing argument to Rodgers. He is the straw that stirs the drink, and he’s pissed. He’s reportedly at the point where he “doesn’t like anyone in the front office for a variety of reasons.” Don’t get it confused: The problem is personal, not personnel.

Good summary https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/4/30/22412383/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-trade-buzz-nfl-draft

I dunno - Rodgers had a pretty good list with SF & Denver. 

Hard to imagine the Niners not immediately being a lock for the playoffs & a favorite to make it to the NFC Championship game the second the ink was dry on that potential trade.

it didn’t happen, so now it’s all hypothetical, but I’m sure we could collectively come up with a few landing spots where ARod would be as equipped, if not more equipped than he would be in GB. 

The last part is the most accurate - I’ve  been in a job where I lost respect for management & just didn’t want to be there. Within a couple of months of that I was interviewing & then gone to greener pastures. If Rodgers really does feel that way, he’s probably not long for the team. 

bit trickier to do that within the NFL system of course. He may have to “retire” & then un-retire to play with another team next year. Not unprecedented. 

...but I’m sure we could collectively come up with a few landing spots where ARod would be as equipped, if not more equipped than he would be in GB.
Ones that don't already have a franchise QB?  I can't honestly come up with any.

He may have to “retire” & then un-retire to play with another team next year. Not unprecedented. 
Doesn't work that way.  Packers hold his rights for the next 3 years.  

Ones that don't already have a franchise QB?  I can't honestly come up with any.
Denver is incredibly obvious for one. Might be the only one that's an upgrade. Others are probably similar or small upgrades. Adams is great but the rest is basically terrible for receiving options. Line has been good but showing cracks, could implode with age and injuries.

SF, DEN, CAR, NYJ, MIA, TEN

just off the top of my head. Maybe it depends how one defines “franchise QB” but none of those teams currently have one (or know if the rookie they just picked will become one), so...yeah. Every one of them would be as well equipped to make a run with the addition of ARod.

Several would be obvious upgrades - you can’t tell me that Adams & a hodge podge of MVS/Lazard & ESB with Tonyan is better than Aiyuk, Debo, Kittle, and while AJones is a solid RB, SF’s scheme has churned out yardage from lesser talent and just added Sermon & Gallman. Mostert when healthy was busting 80 yard TDs. 

look at the receivers in MIA!  That talent combo is superior to Adams & Co. 

Adams is the best WR of anyone I just listed. It’s what’s behind him that’s the problem. 

Denver is stacked on both sides of the ball and is truly a QB away. 

NYJ has lesser talent on offense but IMO are much better defensively & have a better OL than GB.

CAR has the best RB of the bunch, and very decent offensive weapons as well - they’d be at last as good a situation considering their division is a bit of a crapshoot at the moment. 

Heck, you might even be able to drop Rodgers into Chicago & win a Super Bowl with that roster. 

Doesn't work that way.  Packers hold his rights for the next 3 years.  
Ah - yeah, that does change things. 

Denver is incredibly obvious for one. Might be the only one that's an upgrade. Others are probably similar or small upgrades. Adams is great but the rest is basically terrible for receiving options. Line has been good but showing cracks, could implode with age and injuries.
Raiders as well

I think he would be better off on both

Sure you can say GB is stacked but are they stacked because of Rodgers or the reasons listed?  I lean Rodgers.  Even the oline play is buffered by Rodgers and his quick release and knowledge of the pocket

SF, DEN, CAR, NYJ, MIA, TEN

just off the top of my head. Maybe it depends how one defines “franchise QB” but none of those teams currently have one (or know if the rookie they just picked will become one), so...yeah. Every one of them would be as well equipped to make a run with the addition of ARod.

Several would be obvious upgrades - you can’t tell me that Adams & a hodge podge of MVS/Lazard & ESB with Tonyan is better than Aiyuk, Debo, Kittle, and while AJones is a solid RB, SF’s scheme has churned out yardage from lesser talent and just added Sermon & Gallman. Mostert when healthy was busting 80 yard 

Damn. I think everyone is underestimating GB. I think there are so many other factors than just looking at a few roster spots. Coaching, temperatures, division strength, familiarity, etc.  I don't think any situation would be "as good" as GB. 

With the SF stuff, I don't think GB would be trading him within the NFC if they had options.  And we also have to subtract multiple future 1st rounders and maybe a key player from any team he lands on. 

Denver is the only realistic team I can think of that I'd say his sb odds are par with what they currently are. 

I think there are so many other factors than just looking at a few roster spots. Coaching, temperatures, division strength, familiarity, etc. 
If other factors are to be considered, surely disgruntlement, dysfunction, resentment & petulance count too? 

Also all the coaching in the world won’t fix GB’s second & third WRs inability to put their oven mitts on a ball or run better routes. None of ESB/MVS or Lazard have been able to elevate their games for an extended period or stay healthy (In Lazard’s case) 

I don't think any situation would be "as good" as GB. 

right - some might be better. SF & DEN specifically.

With the SF stuff, I don't think GB would be trading him within the NFC if they had options.  And we also have to subtract multiple future 1st rounders and maybe a key player from any team he lands on. 

yeah, that’s an x-factor in guessing this stuff I agree. The good news is I don’t think it’ll realistically happen, so it’s all just a fun mental exercise. lol 

Damn. I think everyone is underestimating GB. I think there are so many other factors than just looking at a few roster spots. Coaching, temperatures, division strength, familiarity, etc.  I don't think any situation would be "as good" as GB. 

Denver is the only realistic team I can think of that I'd say his sb odds are par with what they currently are. 
Miami had a ton of draft picks that could have been dealt for Rodgers.   Having enough draft and player capital to return to GB is another piece of the puzzle.  

Miami had a ton of draft picks that could have been dealt for Rodgers.   Having enough draft and player capital to return to GB is another piece of the puzzle.  
This is an interesting part too. Leaking the news a few hours before the draft almost ensured a draft pick deal wouldn't be made. That seems curious. 

Raiders as well

I think he would be better off on both

Sure you can say GB is stacked but are they stacked because of Rodgers or the reasons listed?  I lean Rodgers.  Even the oline play is buffered by Rodgers and his quick release and knowledge of the pocket
I've heard folks talking about Carr plus 2 Las Vegas first round picks for Rodgers. Carr and Davante Adams Fresno St guys. Hmmm.

And if he says.  "I think that's a bad idea, what about WR _____"

then they still draft the QB.
The packers can do whatever the want. Rodgers can go play somewhere else if he doesn't like it, which is where we are at. People seem to have such a big problem with him wanting out. I've worked with terrible managers (which may or may not me the case in gb). Trust me, if I made over 20 million a year I'd go work somewhere else pretty quick. 

I understand not wanting things like the nba, which has turned the sport into a joke. But the idea that you're tied to somewhere for years is silly to me too. They could get a ton for him, he doesn't want to be there, they apparently didn't want him there when they drafted Love. So move on. Problem is they all know they'll be fired and probably never rehired anywhere if Love is a disaster and Rodgers wins another mvp or 2.

And if he says.  "I think that's a bad idea, what about WR _____"

then they still draft the QB.
Right - and I believe that would have been a better situation. Because they’d have involved him in the process, he wouldn’t have felt threatened by it & he may have appreciated the courtesy. 

His input would have been noted because he had the opportunity to provide it & a management team who was willing to listen. 

I worked as a project manager for the better part of 20 years. Large projects seldom get consensus buy-in from management & inevitably some higher up or another wouldn’t be on board with the larger group’s decision. 

But they were involved in the decision-making process, let their feedback be heard & everyone moved forward with a plan. 

Sometimes that’s all it takes to keep people happy.

Had some of those dissenting executives not even been invited to the meeting, they likely would Have responded as ARod did. 

What Green Bay’s front office did lacked professionalism, and failed to account for the ego of their HOF QB. 

Ain’t saying Rodgers is right to have an ego & I ain’t sayin he handled it like a prince.  But superstar athletes are known quantities & they should have both anticipated & hedged for his response by involving him. Even if he disagreed. 

Right - and I believe that would have been a better situation. Because they’d have involved him in the process, he wouldn’t have felt threatened by it & he may have appreciated the courtesy. 

His input would have been noted because he had the opportunity to provide it & a management team who was willing to listen. 

I worked as a project manager for the better part of 20 years. Large projects seldom get consensus buy-in from management & inevitably some higher up or another wouldn’t be on board with the larger group’s decision. 

But they were involved in the decision-making process, let their feedback be heard & everyone moved forward with a plan. 

Sometimes that’s all it takes to keep people happy.

Had some of those dissenting executives not even been invited to the meeting, they likely would Have responded as ARod did. 

What Green Bay’s front office did lacked professionalism, and failed to account for the ego of their HOF QB. 

Ain’t saying Rodgers is right to have an ego & I ain’t sayin he handled it like a prince.  But superstar athletes are known quantities & they should have both anticipated & hedged for his response by involving him. Even if he disagreed. 
I disagree - I think his reaction would have been along the lines of "That's the dumbest f'in thing I've ever heard. I'm going to be playing for another 5 years, get me a #!@#$@# receiver to go with Davante"..

And then they draft a QB? I can't imagine that Rodgers reacts any better.

I disagree - I think his reaction would have been along the lines of "That's the dumbest f'in thing I've ever heard. I'm going to be playing for another 5 years, get me a #!@#$@# receiver to go with Davante"..

And then they draft a QB? I can't imagine that Rodgers reacts any better.
It's a possibility, sure. But we don't know that. 

We absolutely know that by not involving him, he got pissed off because he wasn't involved. He's said as much. 

So in a scenario where you're potentially damned if you do and damned if you don't, better to involve the guy to potentially get a different outcome. Instead they basically said "hey, F what Rodgers thinks. We're drafting who we're drafting", thus guaranteeing the worst case outcome. 

Your supposition is fair, and you may be right. But then you may be wrong, too. 

I think that if you look at a situation like Brady and Belichick, those guys are obsessed with figuring out how to win. And they worked together. It was a collaboration. No days off. I think Rodgers is not in this vein. He is an amazing talent, one of the best to ever play quarterback. Super confident and believes in himself to get the job done. But he's got a lot going on outside of football. And I think he expects the packers to just take care of things the way that he wants when it comes to front office stuff and coaching strategies and what not. There's not a lot of communication there until after things are done. He doesn't get down amd dirty in these matters and make the packers winning his whole focus. Which is why this disconnect is happening I think.

Users who are viewing this thread