What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dislikes Are Dislikes - Sad Is Sad - Big Difference (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Just click the like button if you have no comment and smile. Comment responsibly and nicely if you have a disagreement. The founder of reddit killed himself over prosecutorial abuse and copyright law. Something is wrong here, it's just nobody addresses it. Be cool. Be excellent. Disagree with grace. That's all.  

So, in 2011, Aaron Swartz (co-founder of reddit) was arrested by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) police on state breaking-and-entering charges, after connecting a computer to the MIT network in an unmarked and unlocked closet, and setting it to download academic journal articles systematically from JSTOR using a guest user account issued to him by MIT.[11][12] Federal prosecutors later charged him with two counts of wire fraud and eleven violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act,[13] carrying a cumulative maximum penalty of $1 million in fines, 35 years in prison, asset forfeiture, restitution, and supervised release.[14]

Swartz declined a plea bargain under which he would have served six months in federal prison. Two days after the prosecution rejected a counter-offer by Swartz, he was found dead in his Brooklyn apartment, where he had hanged himself
From wikipedia - I think his killing himself had more to do with the b&e at MIT, connecting a computer to their network and trying to steal data and then not wanting to be someone's girlfriend, or play "pick up the soap my new bff gf" in the big house for 6 months than anything. . . I don't mean to be nit picky but I wanted to set the record straight.

From wikipedia - I think his killing himself had more to do with the b&e at MIT, connecting a computer to their network and trying to steal data and then not wanting to be someone's girlfriend, or play "pick up the soap my new bff gf" in the big house for 6 months than anything. . . I don't mean to be nit picky but I wanted to set the record straight.
Exactly. I was going to go into it, but it was exactly copyright law and rethinking the internet that did it. He rethought information, and that rethinking got him both in trouble with the law and in trouble in a lot of ways. 

I'm saying don't rethink what works already. It's there.  That could be cause for another discussion I'm more than willing to have.    

Just click the like button if you have no comment and smile. Comment responsibly and nicely if you have a disagreement. The founder of reddit killed himself over prosecutorial abuse and copyright law. Something is wrong here, it's just nobody addresses it. Be cool. Be excellent. Disagree with grace. That's all.
This got three sads and five confused? I'm confused and sad. Weird.  

I dislike the fact that I was prompted to select my favorite NF: team and the St. Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers were in the dropdown.

Yes, I looked twice to make sure London Jaguars weren't at the bottom of thelist.

I was prompted to select my favorite NF: team and the St. Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers were in the dropdown.

Yes, I looked twice to make sure London Jaguars weren't at the bottom of thelist.
Tell me about it. I tried to go with no choice, since I no longer have a favorite team and did not want to be associated with any of them, but if you do that, you get a huge error screen over every page telling you that your profile is only 50% completed and the only way to remove it is to pick a team. 

Worse than kneeling with a raised fist during a Blue Angels Fourth of July flyover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike the fact that I was prompted to select my favorite NF: team and the St. Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers were in the dropdown.

Thanks for letting us know.

Keith fixed those errors and also added a "none" option for favorite teams. 

Users who are viewing this thread