What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disturbing SPLC Poll On Partisanship & Violence - Rubio Campaign Violently Attacked (6/17/22 10:21 PST) (1 Viewer)

Looks like you've misunderstood our posts too.  :doh:

I did not come up with the "that's what they signed up for" rhetoric.  That was YOUR side of the aisle.  Go check it out in the SCOTUS thread(s).  But I think you already knew that.  
I never wrote that you said that. Did you even read my post? If you did please tell me which part of MY post I got wrong. 

It seems you forgot one of your peaceful protestors attempted to kill Kavanaugh. 
One of our whack jobs.  I'm sorry if you actually can't see the difference.  They're on both sides (and some in the middle).  Insanity doesn't lean one way or the other.

Not a misrepresentation. That was what Gordon was essentially saying, from that diatribe:
He was making the point that this person has now been almost immediately released and lives right by her. 

Two issues at play here.

The threat and then the subsequent release. 

He was making the point that this person has now been almost immediately released and lives right by her. 

Two issues at play here.

It seems like there's been a huge uptick in this forum of people intentionally choosing not to understand what other people are saying.  That's common elsewhere and has been for quite a while.  It's making its way here.

One of our whack jobs.  I'm sorry if you actually can't see the difference.  They're on both sides (and some in the middle).  Insanity doesn't lean one way or the other.

I was responding to a snarky post.  I realize you are oblivious to the massive amount of snark from your buddies. 

Two issues at play here.

No there was a third, his insistence that her stand on allegedly defunding the police (which I don't believe she actually called for) has somehow played into the mix here. 

Two issues at play here.

I don’t think he made the case that the release was inappropriate. Maybe I missed it. (Personally, I not saying it was or wasn’t. I haven’t followed the case.)

I'm no fan of BR's politics, or his trolling style of posts, but he's pretty clearly making a reference to someone (rcam, maybe?  I don't remember who, sorry.) posting something similar about the SCOTUS justices in a similar thread.
I didn't see that, I was probably reading his repeated suggestion that Russia could keep Britney Griner. 

I don’t think he made the case that the release was inappropriate. Maybe I missed it. (Personally, I not saying it was or wasn’t. I haven’t followed the case.)
"Her stances just made it easier for her threat to walk free and have fewer cops around to protect her if he returns to finish the job."

There's more in there too. 

"Her stances just made it easier for her threat to walk free and have fewer cops around to protect her if he returns to finish the job."

There's more in there too. 
No, I’m referring to this particular case. This Seattle Times article said they didn’t have evidence to hold him but were able to temporarily take his guns away.  Perhaps GG thinks they should hold him anyway? What am I missing?

massraider said:
There you have it.  The lefty gets threatened, well she was asking for it.  Exceptional work. 

DIRECT HEADLINE: Seattle's first black police chief resigns over vote to defund the police

The head of the Seattle Police Department (SPD) has abruptly stepped down after the city council voted 7-1 to cut the police budget ....Carmen Best, the first black woman to head up the department, announced her decision in an email to staff, writing that “when it’s time, it’s time”....Ms Best had taken umbrage at proposals to defund the SPD, which were first raised after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis and which have only gathered pace since....

“But what is problematic,” she said, “is that these are approaches without any clarity on how they will become reality. What is the plan? The push from council and some of our community is to do these large-scale changes in 2020 with no practical plan for community safety. And I believe wholeheartedly that is completely reckless....”

....The cuts are targeted at both specific units and executive pay, and also eliminate 100 police officers from the force....At one point, protesters not only clashed with police but also barricaded themselves into a police-free area, the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone. The project eventually collapsed under the weight of various social problems, including gun violence and homelessness, that residents struggled to address....Yet even the smaller cut has been controversial, with the Downtown Seattle Association of businesses complaining that the measure removes officers from homelessness outreach teams....

Andrew Naughtie 11 August 2020 11:20

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/seattle-carmen-best-defund-police-chief-resigns-black-lives-matter-a9664451.html

DIRECT HEADLINE: Portland Police: Officers Fleeing In ‘Unprecedented’ Numbers, A ‘Win’ For ‘Defund The Police’ Movement

The flight of law enforcement from the city is “unprecedented,” Assistant Chief Michael Frome told the Portland Tribune. “We really have not seen this many people leaving at this stage in their career.”...Nine officers have resigned from the Portland Police Department since November, and another 14 have filed papers to leave by the end of January. Seven others have made initial filings preparing to retire. About 25 officers are looking to transfer to other police departments, Frome, who heads the Human Resources Department, said based off requests he has received for officers’ personnel files.

The departures come after a summer of unrest pummeled the city. Nightly protests and riots took place for over 100 days straight in Portland following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.....The activists’ calls to cut police budgets were picked up by some of Portland’s elected officials. In June, the City Council approved a $15 million cut to the police department’s budget to funnel more money into spending on social programs.....According to Frome, the department has been told to prepare for another $10 million cut to its police budget next year. The assistant police chief credited the “Defund the Police” movement with the cuts to his department....

“For a lot of these people that are choosing to go somewhere else, they spent a lot of months this last summer constantly being yelled at to ‘Quit your job, quit your job.’” Frome said. “That cumulative toll on our officers, it builds up. So in some ways, yes, there is a win by those that would want the police to be defunded.”..

Mayor Ted Wheeler of Portland spearheaded an effort in June to “increase police accountability and reinvest in black and brown communities.” He proposed over $7 million in shifts from the police bureau, which included dissolving the city’s Gun Violence Reduction Team in favor of seeking ways to “fundamentally re-shape” shooting prevention....Portland — where rioters recently established the “Red House Autonomous Zone” — almost immediately witnessed a jump in shootings. Though year-to-date shootings had risen 10.8% by May, the months of June, July, August, and September witnessed 96.8%, 186.1%, 195.1%, and 243.8% hikes respectively.

By  Tim Pearce Dec 24, 2020  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/portland-police-officers-fleeing-in-unprecedented-numbers-a-win-for-defund-the-police-movement

So what does it say that Jenny Durkan's policies in Seattle, supported by those like Jayapal, including the one of the hardest pushes to Defund The Police in the entire nation, while factoring in the unchecked rioting and looting allowed there in 2020, caused the first black female Chief of Police ever in that city, Carmen Best, to resign in protest over "Defund The Police"?

How does Defund The Police serve for greater racial harmony, and reach Jayapal's personal mandate for social justice and diversity, when it ensures to end the careers of the few African Americans, particularly women, who fight the odds and take a true position of power/influence/ability to make a difference?

And Seattle's problems mirrored many in Portland. Rogue City Councils, "autonomous zones", unchecked endless rioting and looting, Defund The Police, massive retirements and resignations from local law enforcement. There is a clear coordinated structural plan at work to destabilize civil order in Big Blue Cities.

Here's a practical problem no one wants to discuss  - If you make the career of law enforcement, particularly the average street cop, so undesirable and so punitive - then you create a pathway where the best talent goes elsewhere.  You can't have idiotic public policy that demands better more socially conscious behavior from law enforcement, then defund them so they can't train to those standards, then create the logistical pathway where only the most mediocre candidates will want the job at all, thus thinning the overall quality of any department's ranks.

That's just plain stupid. That's what a hard line progressive like Jayapal pushed for her entire political career. She ensured that when local law enforcement is forced to give her priority close protection coverage, that she either gets a lower quality of overall personnel to keep her safe or she will suck up some of the fewer better cops, leaving the every day working class rank and file citizen to get massacred out there and be abandoned yet again.

Yes, you are right, I do create "exceptional work"

I took your low value cheap personal attack and gave you a response better than you actually deserved. I raised the level of discussion and provided more practical and contextual information so others here can make their own informed decision and come to their own conclusions. If I am simply more effective in being persuasive or am more willing to engage in practical political discussion than you, and you can't and won't step up, that's your fault, not mine.

GG blames Democrats for creating an atmosphere in which political assassination is acceptable. He’s done that before, and this time he uses the threat to a liberal to demonstrate that conservatives will not be the only victims of irresponsible rhetoric by Democrats is allowed to continue. BR essentially agrees with GG. Both opinions are, in a word, ridiculous, and not worthy of even the short time it took me to summarize them. 

DIRECT HEADLINE: Jayapal tests positive for COVID-19, criticizes some Republicans for ‘cruelly’ not wearing masks

By Edmund DeMarche January 12th, 2021

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jayapal-tests-positive-for-covid-19-criticizes-some-republicans-for-cruelly-not-wearing-masks

DIRECT HEADLINE: Enjoy Rep. Jayapal’s Maskless Birthday Party on Camera While Wearing Your Mask

by Bobby Burack 9/21/21

https://www.outkick.com/enjoy-rep-jayapals-maskless-birthday-party-on-camera-while-wearing-your-mask/

TWEET (VIDEO): Spencer Brown XX@XXitsSpencerBrown

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), celebrated her (56th) birthday (and was caught on video) maskless last night and blew out candles on her (birhtday) cake, according to video from (Progressive) Rep. (Rashida) Tlaib. Jayapal has (previously and publicly) said those who don’t wear masks are (absolutely) behaving “cruelly” and called for (severe) fines to be issued to (all caught) unmasked members of Congress.

8:55 AM · Sep 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/itsSpencerBrown/status/1440344038914224135

I bought into Medina years ago, so I PAY Jayapal her salary. My taxes and the taxes of many others here and out there PAY her salary. So I'm not only paying her salary, I am also paying, with my taxes, for the close protection coverage she will now get from the Capitol Police, local law law enforcement and even private security when she uses her discretionary HOR budgetary allotment to pay highly trained armed guards to keep her safe.

She's another Democrat caught saying one thing and will end up doing another thing that shows the deep divide between "Rules For Thee, But Not For Me" That's the kind of "atmosphere is being created here"

Jayapal is a minority woman and the FIRST Indian American women elected to Congress. Minorities across the board have major vaccine hesitancy and are not getting vaccinated. Do you think seeing this kind of hypocrisy from her is going to encourage them to get vaccinated?  She also has COVID19. That's a nice Party favor to give to people on her birthday, to risk giving them COVID19.

Do you think it will be lost on the American people and those in Washington when Jayapal eventually starts some tirade about the lack of civil order, over this assassination attempt, that she helped to create from a policy perspective, but will still get all kinds of privilege and coverage, funded with tax dollars, that the every day working class citizen can't access like she does?  What's "ridiculous" about discussing that?

Jayapal, and those woke radicals like her, can't keep doing things that shows the working class people in their districts that they are nothing more than serfs and cattle in some bizarre woke feudal system that desperately tries to be a far fetched Progressive utopia built upon lies and idiotic public policy.

You can't keep blaming, deflecting, gaslighting and whining when your side of the aisle can't keep their own house in order.

Personally I'm fine if Griner gets negotiated out of Russia but what, exactly, is gross if someone doesn't care that she serve her time for breaking Russian law?
Did somebody say they don't care if she serve her time? 

That must be a different person. I'm referring to the guy who asked if we can just let Russia keep her.

We must be thinking of different people. 

It seems like there's been a huge uptick in this forum of people intentionally choosing not to understand what other people are saying.  That's common elsewhere and has been for quite a while.  It's making its way here.
I don't agree with the intentional part. When someone missed the point I am trying to make then I usually try to spend some time trying to make my point better. Gekkos posts are long and often contain a lot of unrelated information. It's pretty tough to understand his point sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'm fine if Griner gets negotiated out of Russia but what, exactly, is gross if someone doesn't care that she serve her time for breaking Russian law?

Did somebody say they don't care if she serve her time? 

That must be a different person. I'm referring to the guy who asked if we can just let Russia keep her.

We must be thinking of different people. 

Maybe you're thinking of THIS GUY:lol:

There you have it.  The lefty gets threatened, well she was asking for it.  Exceptional work. 

Direct Headline: No charges filed against gunman arrested outside home of Democratic representative Jayapal

More than a week after an armed man was briefly detained for yelling death threats outside the home of US Representative Pramila Jayapal (Democrat-Washington state), authorities in Seattle have yet to file criminal charges....Jayapal, the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, the largest liberal bloc in the House of Representatives, is the most prominent South Asian immigrant in Congress. She came to the US from India more than 40 years ago, when she was 16 years old.....Brett Allen Forsell was arrested on suspicion of “malicious harassment” shortly before midnight on Saturday, July 10. He was released on Wednesday, July 13 after King County attorneys failed to present charges within 72 hours of his detention......The 49-year-old man lives about a half-mile from the Jayapal residence in Seattle’s Arbor Heights neighborhood, according to the Seattle Times....

The reporting police officer wrote that upon arriving at the scene, he saw “the suspect... standing in the middle of the street with hands in the air. He had a handgun (Glock 22 .40 cal) holstered on his waist.” The cop said a neighbor reported hearing Forsell “yell something to the effect of, ‘go back to India, I’m going to kill you."....The officer added, “The neighbor also reported that she saw the suspect’s vehicle drive around the victim’s residence approximately three times [with the suspect] yelling profanities.” The officer reported that when the police spoke to Forsell, he acknowledged that he “knew who lived at the resident (sp) and wanted to pitch a tent on their property.” Forsell did, in fact, bring metal rods used for camping onto Jayapal’s lawn...The ERPO further states that Forsell previously emailed Jayapal in January, saying he did not like her because of “perceived political wrongdoings.” ......The protection order is temporary. Forsell is scheduled to appear at another protection order hearing on July 26, at which point a judge will rule whether the ERPO is to be extended beyond the current period.....

....In an interview with Jonathan Capehart on MSNBC on July 17, Jayapal revealed that the man had been stalking her for months. She called for charges to be filed against Forsell and said, “there is some footage of this, audio, that the police have.” She added that the “vitriol and hatred” Forsell screamed at her was so loud that “everyone on my street could hear it,” and that “these incidences have been happening over several months.”....Asked about the release of Forsell and the failure to file charges against him, Jayapal said, “I firmly believe, maybe because I need to believe, that the prosecutors will be able to charge him. I think it would be a terrible, terrible sign, not just to me, but to elected officials across the country if they are not able to arrest him and charge him with what the Seattle Police detectives actually recommended in their probable cause statement....”

....Without naming Trump directly or calling out the Republican Party, which claims that the January 6 coup was “legitimate political discourse,” Jayapal blamed “the person who occupied the White House,” saying he “actually used and unleashed and mobilized all of that violence and white supremacy, using the tools of the federal government....”

Jacob Crosse 7/20/22

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/07/20/kiew-j20.html

VIDEO: 'What About Our Right To Live?': Jayapal Says Most In Congress Know Victims Of Gun Violence Jul 20, 2022

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) speaks at a House Judiciary Committee hearing about an assault weapons ban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dqNpXmQZjc

No one here is saying "Jayapal was asking for it"

What's going on here is the public policy that Jayapal previous supported is now making it possible for the man who threatened her to walk free. This is the problem with the radical left continuing to incite people with aggressive and often violent rhetoric. You don't know who will be triggered and how they will react and whom they will target. This is a policy issue first and foremost.

Is Jayapal getting justice? Well, she's getting the application of the laws she supported. She says it would be a terrible sign if Forsell won't be arrested and charged.

She's being given what everyone else in the area would be given. When you demand equity and you get it, to your detriment, then where else can you complain? The answer is you can't.

Jayapal finally understands how incredibly racist this country can be against Asians. Even from her own Party.

I don't agree with the intentional part. When someone missed the point I am trying to make then I usually try to spend some time trying to make my point better. Gekkos posts are long and often contain a lot of unrelated information. It's pretty tough to understand his point sometimes.
I think his point is that it’s the lefties fault a right wing nut job threatened to kill her.   That’s all you need to know before you put him on ignore.

This is an interesting case to me. What, if anything, should the Seattle DA have done differently? It seems like the worst bit of evidence against him is a neighbor thinking he/she heard a threat yelled. Is that enough to charge the man and hold him indefinitely?

I think the rhetoric that violence is inevitable is actually endorsing it and not so subtly hoping for it.   
This, and also the "civil war/divide the country" statements. Tangentially, the "we live in the dumbest society/timeline" sentiments as well. They all seem to further serve "accelerationism" IMO, a concept I hadn't heard of until fairly recently and helps explain a lot of the mindset that's cropped up in the past few years. Steve Bannon seems to be on the forefront of this movement. 

I think the rhetoric that violence is inevitable is actually endorsing it and not so subtly hoping for it.

Direct Headline: The Supreme Court Is No Longer Immune to Political Violence

A bipartisan bill providing enhanced security for Supreme Court justices and their families marks the end of an era when they could move about Washington with relative anonymity....The court has been fairly lucky so far when it comes to security threats. Unfortunately, luck may no longer be enough....The court does not share details about the justices’ past or present security arrangements for obvious reasons....no Supreme Court justice has ever been assassinated or injured in an assassination attempt, sparing the court from tragedies that have struck the executive branch, Congress, and the lower federal courts....

...Before the arrest of a California man outside Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s home last week, I know of no other modern instance where someone was charged with attempting to kill a Supreme Court justice....Since the justices blend into the background so easily, they have not been immune to more pedestrian forms of crime. Ginsburg herself was accosted by a purse snatcher in 1996 near her Watergate home. In 2004, a group of youths attacked then-Justice David Souter while he was jogging in southwestern Washington. Justice Stephen Breyer went through two robbery-related incidents in 2012: one in which a burglar broke into his Washington home and another at his Caribbean vacation home, where an intruder wielding a machete stole about $1,000 in cash while he was there with family and friends. None of these incidents appeared to be related to their work....

....I’ve written before on how the United States has been lucky—not in the sense that we’ve been fortunate but in the sense that we’ve somehow avoided much worse outcomes—when it comes to political violence in recent years. We’ve been lucky that no member of Congress has been killed in office in more than 40 years, despite multiple near-fatal attempts, including the Giffords assassination attempt, the 2017 shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice session, and the January 6 riot itself. We’ve also been lucky that federal agents have disrupted or prevented multiple assassination-spree plots before they could claim any lives. For many years, luck was enough to keep the Supreme Court justices safe. Now it isn’t. That is a grim benchmark of the state of political violence in this country. Hopefully it will be one that isn’t surpassed...

Matt Ford/June 14, 2022

https://newrepublic.com/article/166817/supreme-court-protection-bill-passed

Direct Headline: Rubio Campaign Canvasser Seriously Injured After Violent Attack For Wearing DeSantis Hat, Rubio Shirt, Campaign Says

By Ryan Saavedra Oct 24, 2022

.....A campaign canvasser for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) reportedly suffered serious injuries late Sunday night while knocking on doors, the senator’s campaign said in a statement Monday afternoon.....“Last night one of our canvassers wearing my T-shirt and a DeSantis hat was brutally attacked by 4 (suspects) who told him Republicans weren’t allowed in their neighborhood in Hialeah, Florida....”

....“He suffered internal bleeding, a broken jaw & will need facial reconstructive surgery.....”

IMAGE of victim in ambulance

.....Hialeah Sgt. Jose Torres said the that victim, an unidentified 27-year-old, was struck “multiple times in the face and the head causing the injuries.” The incident, Torres said, allegedly started after the victim tried to hand out fliers in an area and told he was not allowed to. He was then allegedly attacked by 25-year-old Javier Lopez.....

.....The alleged attack comes after a North Dakota man admitted to fatally hitting a teenager with his car last month after a “political argument”. The man accused the teenager of being a “Republican extremist.”.....Republican Gubernatorial candidate Mark Ronchetti said last month that he got a call from his wife after someone came by their house and “shot out the windows on our garage” ......Two canvassers for Texas Governor Greg Abbott were attacked last month while they were out knocking on doors......

.....The attacks come after President Joe Biden (D) demonized Republicans during a speech at the start of last month, saying that “MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...t-attack-for-wearing-desantis-hat-rubio-shirt

When I say "political violence is inevitable" regarding current American politics and the aggressive polarizing culture around it, it's because political violence is predictable once one unpacks all of recorded human history.

I am not "endorsing it", I am pointing out what is the practical objective reality on the ground. It's coming, it has too much forward momentum now, and it will end badly for our Republic and for the future of everyone's children here.

Cheap purity tests don't change the practical mechanics of emerging widespread political violence in this country. Joe Biden can't keep saying Republicans are "semi-fascists" and "extremists" and imply they are white nationalists, racists and bigots and not expect those words to fuel the continuing fury.

Direct Headline: The Supreme Court Is No Longer Immune to Political Violence

A bipartisan bill providing enhanced security for Supreme Court justices and their families marks the end of an era when they could move about Washington with relative anonymity....The court has been fairly lucky so far when it comes to security threats. Unfortunately, luck may no longer be enough....The court does not share details about the justices’ past or present security arrangements for obvious reasons....no Supreme Court justice has ever been assassinated or injured in an assassination attempt, sparing the court from tragedies that have struck the executive branch, Congress, and the lower federal courts....

...Before the arrest of a California man outside Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s home last week, I know of no other modern instance where someone was charged with attempting to kill a Supreme Court justice....Since the justices blend into the background so easily, they have not been immune to more pedestrian forms of crime. Ginsburg herself was accosted by a purse snatcher in 1996 near her Watergate home. In 2004, a group of youths attacked then-Justice David Souter while he was jogging in southwestern Washington. Justice Stephen Breyer went through two robbery-related incidents in 2012: one in which a burglar broke into his Washington home and another at his Caribbean vacation home, where an intruder wielding a machete stole about $1,000 in cash while he was there with family and friends. None of these incidents appeared to be related to their work....

....I’ve written before on how the United States has been lucky—not in the sense that we’ve been fortunate but in the sense that we’ve somehow avoided much worse outcomes—when it comes to political violence in recent years. We’ve been lucky that no member of Congress has been killed in office in more than 40 years, despite multiple near-fatal attempts, including the Giffords assassination attempt, the 2017 shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice session, and the January 6 riot itself. We’ve also been lucky that federal agents have disrupted or prevented multiple assassination-spree plots before they could claim any lives. For many years, luck was enough to keep the Supreme Court justices safe. Now it isn’t. That is a grim benchmark of the state of political violence in this country. Hopefully it will be one that isn’t surpassed...

Matt Ford/June 14, 2022

https://newrepublic.com/article/166817/supreme-court-protection-bill-passed

Direct Headline: Rubio Campaign Canvasser Seriously Injured After Violent Attack For Wearing DeSantis Hat, Rubio Shirt, Campaign Says

By Ryan Saavedra Oct 24, 2022

.....A campaign canvasser for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) reportedly suffered serious injuries late Sunday night while knocking on doors, the senator’s campaign said in a statement Monday afternoon.....“Last night one of our canvassers wearing my T-shirt and a DeSantis hat was brutally attacked by 4 (suspects) who told him Republicans weren’t allowed in their neighborhood in Hialeah, Florida....”

....“He suffered internal bleeding, a broken jaw & will need facial reconstructive surgery.....”

IMAGE of victim in ambulance

.....Hialeah Sgt. Jose Torres said the that victim, an unidentified 27-year-old, was struck “multiple times in the face and the head causing the injuries.” The incident, Torres said, allegedly started after the victim tried to hand out fliers in an area and told he was not allowed to. He was then allegedly attacked by 25-year-old Javier Lopez.....

.....The alleged attack comes after a North Dakota man admitted to fatally hitting a teenager with his car last month after a “political argument”. The man accused the teenager of being a “Republican extremist.”.....Republican Gubernatorial candidate Mark Ronchetti said last month that he got a call from his wife after someone came by their house and “shot out the windows on our garage” ......Two canvassers for Texas Governor Greg Abbott were attacked last month while they were out knocking on doors......

.....The attacks come after President Joe Biden (D) demonized Republicans during a speech at the start of last month, saying that “MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...t-attack-for-wearing-desantis-hat-rubio-shirt

When I say "political violence is inevitable" regarding current American politics and the aggressive polarizing culture around it, it's because political violence is predictable once one unpacks all of recorded human history.

I am not "endorsing it", I am pointing out what is the practical objective reality on the ground. It's coming, it has too much forward momentum now, and it will end badly for our Republic and for the future of everyone's children here.

Cheap purity tests don't change the practical mechanics of emerging widespread political violence in this country. Joe Biden can't keep saying Republicans are "semi-fascists" and "extremists" and imply they are white nationalists, racists and bigots and not expect those words to fuel the continuing fury.

There is no proof that any of these attackers heard Biden's speech or that it motivated them, even indirectly, to commit these attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread