What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disturbing SPLC Poll On Partisanship & Violence - Rubio Campaign Violently Attacked (6/17/22 10:21 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
Direct Headline: Partisanship and Violence

Our survey found that Republicans and Democrats are not only extremely distrustful of each other, but that majorities believe that people on the other side of the aisle are immoral and “want to harm people who disagree with them.” Sixty-three percent of Republicans say Democrats are a threat to the country, while 67% of Democrats believe the same about the opposing party. While each side views the other as similarly threatening, Republicans rank “extremists in the Democratic Party” as the most pressing threat facing the country, while Democrats believe the top three threats, in descending order, are Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump and extremists in the Republican Party....Over half of Republicans say the country seems headed toward a civil war in the near future, compared to 39% of Democrats....

Approval Of Assassinating A Politician: 44% Young Democratic Men / 34% Young Republican Men

Approval Of Threatening A Politician: 40% Young Democratic Men / 46% Young Republican Men

Approval Of Participating In Violent Political Revolution: 42% Young Democratic Men / 45% Young Republican Men

...When we asked people if they would approve of specific violent action, approval declined but was still worryingly substantial. When we asked, for example, whether people approved of threatening a politician who is “harming the country or our democracy,” 24% approved. When we asked if people approved of assassinating a politician described in the same way, 1 in 5 approved. Levels of approval for both scenarios were slightly higher for Democrats than Republicans, driven largely by the approval of younger Democratic men....Two-thirds of Americans do not support “participating in a political revolution even if it is violent in its ends.” The majority of people who do support were under the age of 50....Twenty percent of survey respondents think threatening a politician is acceptable. The majority of supporters were under 50...Nearly a quarter of respondents approved of assassinating “a politician who is harming our country or democracy.” Younger people were more likely to approve....

... But we do currently live in a moment when political leaders are leaning into violent rhetoric, meaning the social sanctions against violence could be eroding and, in the process, creating an atmosphere more conducive to acts of political violence.....

From April 18-25, 2022, Tulchin Research conducted a nationwide survey of 1,500 adults ages 18+ which was conducted via online panel. The margin of error for the full 1,500 sample of adults is +/- 2.53%.

SPLC June 01, 2022

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2022...reat-replacement-hard-right-ideas#methodology

Direct Headline: Opinion | Americans Increasingly Believe Violence is Justified if the Other Side Wins

At the presidential debate this week, the Republican candidate voiced his concern about political violence—left-wing political violence. And the Democratic candidate likewise voiced concern about political violence—right-wing political violence.

They were both right.

...This growing acceptance of the possibility of violence is a bipartisan movement. Our data shows that the willingness of Democrats and Republicans alike to justify violence as a way to achieve political goals has essentially been rising in lockstep.... Late last year, we noticed an uptick in the number of respondents saying they would condone violence by their own political party, and we decided to combine our data sets to get as much information as possible on this worrisome trend. We were also monitoring another question: Would you condone violence if the other party’s candidate wins the presidential election?

While the pool of respondents between our datasets is slightly different, our questions have had the same wording. Here’s what we’ve found:

Among Americans who identify as Democrat or Republican, 1 in 3 now believe that violence could be justified to advance their parties’ political goals—a substantial increase over the last three years.

• In September, 44 percent of Republicans and 41 percent of Democrats said there would be at least “a little” justification for violence if the other party’s nominee wins the election. Those figures are both up from June, when 35 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats expressed the same sentiment.

• Similarly, 36 percent of Republicans and 33 percent of Democrats said it is at least “a little” justified for their side “to use violence in advancing political goals”—up from 30 percent of both Republicans and Democrats in June.

• There has been an even larger increase in the share of both Democrats and Republicans who believe there would be either “a lot” or “a great deal” of justification for violence if their party were to lose in November. The share of Republicans seeing substantial justification for violence if their side loses jumped from 15 percent in June to 20 percent in September, while the share of Democrats jumped from 16 percent to 19 percent.

• These numbers are even higher among the most ideological partisans. Of Democrats who identify as “very liberal,” 26 percent said there would be “a great deal” of justification for violence if their candidate loses the presidency compared to 7 percent of those identifying as simply “liberal.” Of Republicans who identify as “very conservative,” 16 percent said they believe there would be “a great deal” of justification for violence if the GOP candidate loses compared to 7 percent of those identifying as simply “conservative.”

This means the ideological extremes of each party are two to four times more apt to see violence as justified than their party’s mainstream members.

...Viewed in this light, the events of this summer are especially worrying. Competing protesters from the right and left have clashed violently in Portland, Ore.; Kenosha, Wis.; and Louisville. Left-wing extremists have repeatedly laid siege to federal buildings in Portland, and on several occasions, armed right-wing protesters entered the State Capitol in Michigan....

...Everyone in a position of leadership in a democracy—whether in a neighborhood organization, a municipality, a political party, the Congress or the White House—has an obligation to renounce violence and explicitly dissuade their followers from turning to violent tactics or threats. Further, political leaders have a solemn responsibility to uphold and urge their followers to adhere to the essential norms of democracy, including the principles that the voters should freely decide who shall rule, and all valid votes should be counted toward that decision....

Opinion by Larry Diamond, Lee Drutman, Tod Lindberg, Nathan P. Kalmoe and Lilliana Mason 10/09/2020 06:00 PM EDT

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/01/political-violence-424157

Approve of assassinating a politician who is perceived to be harming our country and our democracy?

44% of Younger Democratic Men

32% of Younger Democratic Women

34% of Younger Republican Men

40% of Younger Republican Women

Approve of threatening a politician who is perceived to be harming our country and our democracy?

40% of Younger Democratic Men

25% of Younger Democratic Women

46% of Younger Republican Men

31% of Younger Republican Women

Approve of potentially participating in a violent political revolution?

42% of Younger Democratic Men

37% of Younger Democratic Women

45% of Younger Republican Men

30% of Younger Republican Women

This is all pretty ugly here and these numbers are disturbing. You have a tanked economy, massive inflation, no Border security, a pandemic, mass looting and rioting in every major city in America during the 2020/2021 "civil unrest", the activist complicit MSM stoking the flames as propaganda arms as newly formed "state media", a breached Capitol, cooked bail reform and widespread lawlessness, a record number of Americans buying firearms ( close to 50 million sold in the past two and a half years) and just recently an attempt to assassinate a SCOTUS Justice.

Throw in non stop inciting political rhetoric

People are going to start dying and people are going to start getting killed. I see it as inevitable at this point. Political assassinations in America will start to become, tragically, the new normal for our society.

Where do you see this issue headed?

Do you think anything can stop the current trajectory?

As political violence grows, will the entire gun control/gun law/gun regulation debate change?

Do you disagree with those who approve of political assassinations in this poll? Why or why not?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

Last edited:
I used to have lots of liberal friends but lately they seem hell bent on big government. Back in the day I thought they were cool because they were anti establishment. I was quite the young rebel myself and am guilty of all things liberal in my past. I have seen the D party go from just a little different to what is now a full blown Christian hate group with violent enforcers like BLM and Antifa. They seem ready for war and totalitarianism. Not the hippies I used to know and be anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure I heard WEF young leader member, Gavin Newsom say that we do regime change and assassinations in other countries so why not at home in the U.S.? 

I used to have lots of liberal friends but lately they seem hell bent on big government. Back in the day I thought they were cool because they were anti establishment. I was quite the young rebel myself and am guilty of all things liberal in my past. I have seen the D party go from just a little different to what is now a full blown Christian hate group with violent enforcers like BLM and Antifa. They seem ready for war and totalitarianism. Not the hippies I used to know and be anymore.

The Democratic Party has no connection whatsoever with the anti-fascist extremists of Antifa, they have denounced the acts of violence its members have caused, and they certainly have not used them as enforcers.  :lol:

The Democratic Party has no connection whatsoever with the anti-fascist extremists of Antifa, they have denounced the acts of violence its members have caused, and they certainly have not used them as enforcers.  :lol:
All those Soros paid for DAs let these violent left wing extremists off the hook. You left off those BLM Marxist extremists that burned the country down too.

That's not true.   Antifa is the democrats enforcer arm.

You know what group was started to be the democrats enforcer arm?   The KKK.   The more things change the more they stay the same.    

You know what group was started to be the democrats enforcer arm?   The KKK.   The more things change the more they stay the same.    
One of their cult religion followers shot up a senator. Guess he took Maxine waters incitement to violence too seriously.

That statement is completely absurd and you have not one shred of proof behind it. Democrats have never used Antifa to enforce anything.  :lol:

That statement is completely absurd and you have not one shred of proof behind it. Democrats have never used Antifa to enforce anything.  :lol:
They just never arrest them hahahaha. Not funny. It’s tough to watch the slide to agenda 2030. Even worse to see people who cannot grasp the reality of the situation. Kiss freedom goodbye under left wing extremists in charge. Your rights are merely privileges they grant or take away at whim. People are too brainwashed to see where the cult of Marxism is taking us. VEnezuela is what we are going to look like with these yahoos in charge.

I am pretty sure I heard WEF young leader member, Gavin Newsom say that we do regime change and assassinations in other countries so why not at home in the U.S.? 

:mellow:

You heard Gavin Newsom, the governor of California say this...that Gavin Newsom? Somehow I doubt that. 

Maybe I'll just try responding to the OP instead of engage in the nonsense afterwards. 

As a left-leaning independent I CONDEMN ALL POLITICAL VIOLENCE, REGARDLESS OF THE POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS OF THOSE INVOLVED. 

This escalating rhetoric about Civil War,  geographical and political separation of the states, and demonizing huge groups of people of particular political leanings needs to stop.

We are all Americans and have much more in common than we ever talk about. While we may disagree on the means of reaching certain goals, there is widespread unity towards achieving them. We all want a robust economy,  safe air, food, and water, and for our kids to have it better than we did. Let's be better and make it so.

At the moment I feel that I've had it way better than my kids will. That is a crushing realization. I hope like hell I'm wrong.

Approve of assassinating a politician who is perceived to be harming our country and our democracy?

44% of Younger Democratic Men

32% of Younger Democratic Women

34% of Younger Republican Men

40% of Younger Republican Women

Approve of threatening a politician who is perceived to be harming our country and our democracy?

40% of Younger Democratic Men

25% of Younger Democratic Women

46% of Younger Republican Men

31% of Younger Republican Women

Approve of potentially participating in a violent political revolution?

42% of Younger Democratic Men

37% of Younger Democratic Women

45% of Younger Republican Men

30% of Younger Republican Women
The results look a little goofy.  Aside from republican men, a larger percentage of each group approves of assassinating than those that approve of threats.  Forget warning shots, let's go straight to killing!

They just never arrest them hahahaha. Not funny. It’s tough to watch the slide to agenda 2030. Even worse to see people who cannot grasp the reality of the situation. Kiss freedom goodbye under left wing extremists in charge. Your rights are merely privileges they grant or take away at whim. People are too brainwashed to see where the cult of Marxism is taking us. VEnezuela is what we are going to look like with these yahoos in charge.
Good Lord.  Lol

Maybe I'll just try responding to the OP instead of engage in the nonsense afterwards. 

As a left-leaning independent I CONDEMN ALL POLITICAL VIOLENCE, REGARDLESS OF THE POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS OF THOSE INVOLVED. 

This escalating rhetoric about Civil War,  geographical and political separation of the states, and demonizing huge groups of people of particular political leanings needs to stop.

We are all Americans and have much more in common than we ever talk about. While we may disagree on the means of reaching certain goals, there is widespread unity towards achieving them. We all want a robust economy,  safe air, food, and water, and for our kids to have it better than we did. Let's be better and make it so.

At the moment I feel that I've had it way better than my kids will. That is a crushing realization. I hope like hell I'm wrong.
The left platform can’t even define a woman. What makes you think they can run a country?

Killing the unborn isn’t pro- choice. What about the kids choice?  Nope no choice just dead. Totalitarians don’t give choices.

Reckless child endangerment and purposeful gender confusion with mandatory indoctrination to transgender ideology or no school lunches.

Marxist BLM promoters and fans. Not one of these violent anti Americans went to jail. This was a real armed insurrection by left wing terrorists.

Death, gender confusion and totalitarianism. I can totally see how you consider yourself independent and voted for Venezuelan dictatorship.

Direct Headline: Terrorist group ‘Jane’s Revenge’ claims credit for attack on Asheville pro-life center

On June 14, pro-abortion terrorist group “Jane’s Revenge” claimed credit for numerous attacks on pro-life centers around the country, including the June 7 attack on Mountain Area Pregnancy Services (MAPS) in Asheville. The message was originally posted on Abolition Media, which supports left-wing revolutionary groups around the world, but a day later, Jane’s Revenge also posted the message to the group’s official website. .....“You have seen us in Madison WI, Ft. Collins CO, Reisertown MA, Olympia WA, Des Moines IA, Lynwood WA, Washington DC, Ashville [SIC] NC, Buffalo NY, Hollywood FL, Vancouver WA, Frederick MA, Denton TX, Gresham OR, Eugene OR, Portland OR, among others, and we work in countless locations invisibly...”

.....Jane’s Revenge said they are “not one group but many,” and sources familiar with the group say they are connected to Antifa and operate as a similarly loose confederation of like-minded cells. The name is a reference to a group called the Jane Collective that helped women get abortions in pre-Roe v. Wade Chicago.....Shortly after forming in response to the leaked Dobbs decision, the group claimed credit on May 8 for firebombing a Madison, Wisconsin, pro-life pregnancy center, posting their “First Communique” on their website. They also sent confirmation to journalist Robert Evans. The message, “If abortions aren’t safe, then neither are you,” was spraypainted on the clinic in the group’s signature cursive....

....The First Communique gave pro-life pregnancy-support centers 30 days to shut down before the group would escalate past simple vandalism. They said the attack on the Wisconsin clinic was the only warning that would be given.....“Your thirty days expired yesterday,” Jane’s Revenge said in the June 14 message. “We offered an honourable way out. You could have walked away. Now the leash is off… We promised to take increasingly drastic measures against oppressive infrastructures. Rest assured that we will, and those measures may not come in the form of something so easily cleaned up as fire and graffiti… From here forward, any anti-choice group who closes their doors, and stops operating will no longer be a target. But until you do, it’s open season, and we know where your operations are. The infrastructure of the enslavers will not survive....”

....In addition to the threats of escalating violence from the 30-days expiring, Jane’s Revenge has also been spreading the word about a nationwide “Night of Rage” starting at 8 p.m. on whatever date the Dobbs decision is announced....The group signed off by saying, “To those who work to oppress us: If abortion isn’t safe, you aren’t either. We are everywhere.”

David Larson June 16, 2022

https://www.carolinajournal.com/terrorist-group-janes-revenge-claims-credit-for-attack-on-asheville-pro-life-center/

Direct Headline: Garland Asked To Move On Jane’s Revenge – OpEd

As president of the nation’s largest Catholic civil rights organization, I am requesting that you immediately deploy the full resources of the Department of Justice to apprehend and prosecute domestic terrorists who have recently attacked Catholic individuals, vandalized Catholic churches and torched Catholic-operated crisis pregnancy centers....We have witnessed a rash of vandalism against Catholic churches, firebombings of crisis pregnancy centers (many of which are run by Catholics), Masses being interrupted, illegal protests outside the homes of Catholic Supreme Court Justices, and an attempted murder of one of the Catholic Justices....

We have learned, from credible sources, that there is a link between Jane’s Revenge and Antifa, the far-left anarchist group. Their modus operandi and goals are very similar. Together, these two loosely organized terrorist groups pose a grave threat to democracy....Sixteen senators wrote to you on June 7 asking for information on what the Justice Department is doing about these attacks....Please take immediate action to see to it that these threats never materialize....

By William Donohue June 18, 2022

https://www.eurasiareview.com/18062022-garland-asked-to-move-on-janes-revenge-oped/

Direct Headline:  Reps. Johnson, Franklin, Tenney and Colleagues Demand Justice Department Investigation into Domestic Terrorist Attacks Against Pro-Life Organizations

United States Representatives Mike Johnson (LA-04), Scott Franklin (FL-15), and Claudia Tenney (NY-22) led a letter with more than 120 colleagues demanding the Department of Justice investigate recent attacks against several Pro-Life organizations as instances of domestic terrorism. In the last two months, there have been at least 15 documented terrorist attacks against Pro-Life organizations. These attacks included incidences of vandalism, destruction of property, and even firebombing. In addition to these attacks, police recently arrested a California man for attempting to assassinate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh at his home. Each of these crimes followed the egregious leak of the draft Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Supreme Court opinion and were clearly politically motivated. In response, the cosigners demand the attacks be investigated as instances of domestic terrorism as defined in federal law....

The Biden Administration has labeled concerned K-12 parents as ‘domestic terrorists,’ while ignoring pro-abortion protestors breaking federal law at SCOTUS justices’ homes, and radical left-wing activists terrorizing pro-life pregnancy centers,” said Rep. Johnson. “Politically motivated violence nationwide against pro-life organizations falls clearly within the jurisdiction of federal law enforcement. If the Biden Administration is actually serious about protecting communities, they will stop ignoring violence that doesn’t suit their agenda and start investigating....”

“It is the job of the government to protect all citizens, even the ones who disagree with prevailing government ideology...”

In addition to their demands, the cosigners have given the Department of Justice 30 days to respond to the following questions:

1. Is the Department currently investigating the attacks against the aforementioned groups as instances of domestic terrorism? If not, please provide the rationale behind this decision.

2. What is the Department’s plan to prevent similar attacks from occurring against other pro-life organizations and is the Department currently collaborating with state and local law enforcement to ensure further incidents do not occur?

Mike Johnson 6/16/22

https://mikejohnson.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1147

https://franklin.house.gov/sites/evo-subsites/franklin.house.gov/files/evo-media-document/06.15.2022 Letter to DOJ RE Domestic Terrorist Attacks on Pro-Life Institutions.pdf

Will the masses of American voters agree with you during the Mid Terms and the 2024 general cycle?

Part of the reason Biden "won" in 2020 was lots of Catholics voted for him, which shaved off part of the White Evangelical vote that leaned for Trump in 2016. Do you think they are going to vote for Biden or any other Democrat again after the attempt to pass the Woman's Health Protection Act ( i.e. abortion up to the moment of birth) and seeing Pro Life clinics get firebombed?

In the Court Of Public Opinion, Team Blue will be seen as complicit with Antifa. "Denouncements" mean very little as Merrick Garland sits on idle hands and brand name Democrats have come out in public to stoke the flames of violent rhetoric in the activist complicit MSM.

“It is the job of the government to protect all citizens, even the ones who disagree with prevailing government ideology.”

I think the best thing one can do is just kinda tune out.  Let the fringes kill eachother, and focus on what you can control right in front of you.  Mental health is important.

The left platform can’t even define a woman. What makes you think they can run a country?

Killing the unborn isn’t pro- choice. What about the kids choice?  Nope no choice just dead. Totalitarians don’t give choices.

Reckless child endangerment and purposeful gender confusion with mandatory indoctrination to transgender ideology or no school lunches.

Marxist BLM promoters and fans. Not one of these violent anti Americans went to jail. This was a real armed insurrection by left wing terrorists.

Death, gender confusion and totalitarianism. I can totally see how you consider yourself independent and voted for Venezuelan dictatorship.
You sure have me pegged. I mean, clearly everyone who's ever voted for a Democrat has given a lot of thought to the positive outcomes of killing as many babies as possible,  purposely obfuscating gender identity, and worshipping Marxism in its many bastardized forms.

GTFO with your garbage. If you're going to play this game, I've got a few things I'd like to tell you about what you think. Like how you're a willfully ignorant bigot that hates democracy, lacks critical thinking skills, and openly supports those that are trying to violently and feloniously overturn the will of the people in order to install autocratic leaders.

Does that accurately describe your thoughts?

No?

Then do me a solid and dial back the zealotry and try not to eagerly believe every BS piece of anti-progressive propaganda that you consume from your extremely dubious media sources. 

TIA.

This is absurd.    The only people that justify political assassination of the opposition party are whackos and nut jobs.    

This is absurd.    The only people that justify political assassination of the opposition party are whackos and nut jobs.    

Direct Headline: Trans activist claims (now deleted) call to assassinate SCOTUS justices was just 'Gen Z/millennial humor'

Following the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, a transgender activist called for a "Supreme Court Assassination Challenge" on Twitter, according to screenshots captured of the now-deleted tweet. Activist Eli Erlick, a founding member of Trans Student Educational Resources (TSER) and creator of the controversial "gender identity" teaching tool for children called the "Gender Unicorn," tweeted and later deleted the disturbing remark on Friday, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) also caught a screenshot of the tweet before it was deleted...."The unhinged radical left is calling for the assassination of our Supreme Court Justices. That's not the way to disagree with a decision in America. It is unacceptable, and Biden’s DOJ must immediately act...."

Erlich then tried to play off her call to assassinate Supreme Court justices as a hilarious joke only Gen Z and Millennials would understand, apparently not understanding the seriousness of the attempted assassination of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh just three weeks ago.

Erlick isn't the only Left-winger to make incendiary calls since the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision. Here are just a few examples:

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) called on people to “defy" the Supreme Court.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) called for people to get “into the streets” alongside radical communist leader who wants to 'overthrow' the American system.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) yelled "F*** Clarence Thomas" on a public stage for all to see and hear.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) suggested that Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh lied to Congress.

And of course, "TheView" host Whoopi Goldberg issued a disgusting racist threat toward Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

BlazeTV Staff June 29, 2022

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/the-glenn-beck-program/trans-activist-scotus-assassination

TWEET: Eli Erlick XX@XXEliErlick

Replying to XX@XX MarshaBlackburn

I’m honored to be part of your fantasy of the “unhinged left.” You not understanding the most basic tenants of Gen Z/millennial humor makes a lot of sense, though. Also, remember when you rallied your followers to kill Mike Pence?

7:44 PM · Jun 24, 2022

https://twitter.com/EliErlick/status/1540526405288710150

"If it was a joke why did you delete it?"

"Do you live in a cave? Do you realize what came out of Jan 6th and the money, time, accusations, solitary confinement, etc. as a result? Maybe that was just humor? You can't have it both ways. Dig that hole deeper. Nobody believes your excuses."

"You're a bigot."

Do I think you are a bigot Godsbrother? No, I've been exposed to your posts for years. I don't agree with some of your politics. In the Shark Pool long ago, we disagreed over Big Ben and the 4 game suspension over the sexual assault accusations against him, but I have never seen you as a racist nor a bigot nor anything of that ilk.

However, if you criticized Eli Erlick in public, after he/she/they/it/what/who/when/where/why/something called for assassinating SCOTUS Justices on social media, you'd eventually be called a bigot. And you don't know if someone would try to track down your employment and get you fired from your job or career. Or harass your children. Or your spouse. Or you.

It's not just "whackos and nut jobs", it's actually elected officials and proxies for the radical extremists, even in areas like day time TV and late night TV, who keep egging it on, to try to normalize the violent rhetoric.

The GOP had to send Martha Blackburn to deal with it in the media, in part because she's an older woman and it would create less risk of accusations of bigotry than say from a Jim Jordan type instead.

It's not as simple as right and wrong, not in the national daily media cycle, it's the conditions via Identity Politics under which some people are allowed to talk about what's right or wrong or not. Which is terrifying in application. Because it tiers who should accountable and when against the entire concept of basic social civility and basic social dignity.

But what's the payoff for Erlick? To get more social media attention. To be a "brand name" activist. To get an elected official from the GOP to respond. That was the pound of flesh.

If your Party controls most of Big Social Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Big Education, Big Finance and the majority of the activist complicit MSM, there comes actual responsibility with that power.

I used to think the differences between the left and right were just small differences of degrees.  But when you see the major movements today which largely makeup the left (CRT/BLM/1619 project, gender/women studies, radical environmentalism) the foundation of all these are rooted firmly in maxist ideology.   These are not differences in a few degrees, but these are 180 degree differences.   

There used to be fundamental agreement between the right and left on basic principles and freedoms. But today I do not see that.  There is no agreement on individual freedoms of speech or equal treatment and equal opportunities.  The left has become entrenched in concepts of equalizing outcomes and controlling thoughts and speech, pitting races and sexs against each other.  

The more libertarian leftists of the past has been supplanted by an iron-fisted authoritarian rule which wants to implement their cultist ideology through the brute force of government, institutions and corporations.  The split between the right and left within the US has become nearly as great as the cold war differences between the soviet union and united states. 

It just occurred to me that the number of Antifa members anyone can actually name is the exact same number as the number of successful Republican voter fraud cases. 

I love these little weird coincidences💘

No cuz they aren't.   But antifa is the kkk.   Don't you think?
I genuinely don’t understand what you’re saying. 

You really believe that antifa is an enforcing arm of the Democratic Party but aren’t willing to extend the same logic to the Proud Boys for the Republican Party? 

(I don’t believe either are “arms” of the respective parties but I’m baffled that you may distinguish between the two)

I used to think the differences between the left and right were just small differences of degrees.  But when you see the major movements today which largely makeup the left (CRT/BLM/1619 project, gender/women studies, radical environmentalism) the foundation of all these are rooted firmly in maxist ideology.   These are not differences in a few degrees, but these are 180 degree differences.   

There used to be fundamental agreement between the right and left on basic principles and freedoms. But today I do not see that.  There is no agreement on individual freedoms of speech or equal treatment and equal opportunities.  The left has become entrenched in concepts of equalizing outcomes and controlling thoughts and speech, pitting races and sexs against each other.  

The more libertarian leftists of the past has been supplanted by an iron-fisted authoritarian rule which wants to implement their cultist ideology through the brute force of government, institutions and corporations.  The split between the right and left within the US has become nearly as great as the cold war differences between the soviet union and united states. 
Wow. 

You had to know what this thread would devolve into from the jump.

Direct Headline: Man accused in threats to kill Rep. Pramila Jayapal released

A 48-year-old Seattle man arrested Saturday on suspicion of committing a hate crime against U.S. Rep. Pramila Jayapal was released from jail Wednesday. King County prosecutors said Seattle police released him because they couldn’t say with certainty that he told the congresswoman to go back to India or that he threatened to kill her, The Seattle Times reported. ...Court records show Seattle police on Wednesday obtained a temporary Extreme Risk Protection Order to require the man to surrender his firearms and concealed pistol license, citing concerns about escalating behavior toward Jayapal and increasing mental health struggles. The investigation is ongoing...

...Prosecutors have not declined to file a criminal case but don’t currently have evidence to prove a hate crime was committed, said Casey McNerthney, a spokesperson for the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. Prosecutors have 72 hours, not including holidays and weekends, to file criminal charges against a person in custody. If charges are not filed by then, the person must be released from jail....

“In a time of increased political violence, security concerns against any elected official should be taken seriously, as we are doing here,” McNerthney wrote in an email Wednesday. “The investigation is ongoing and our office is working with police investigators to make sure we understand the full extent of the suspect’s actions to build the strongest case possible."

...In 2016, Jayapal became the first Indian American woman elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. The Democrat heads the Congressional Progressive Caucus. A spokesperson for Jayapal didn’t immediately respond to an email from The Seattle Times requesting comment Wednesday. Seattle police arrested the man outside Jayapal’s house in the Arbor Heights neighborhood at 11:25 p.m. Saturday after she called 911 and reported an unknown person or people were in a vehicle using obscene language, according to the probable cause statement. She told a dispatcher her husband thought someone may have fired a pellet gun, the statement said...

...Officers found the man standing in the the street with his hands in the air and a handgun holstered on his waist, the probable cause statement said. A neighbor told police she heard the man yell something to the effect of, “Go back to India. I’m going to kill you,” the statement said. The neighbor also saw and heard the man drive by Jayapal’s residence at least three times, yelling profanities, according to the statement. A detective met with Jayapal’s husband, who provided video clips from their home-security system, according to the protection order petition. In one clip, the last part of the word “India” can be heard, followed by an expletive-laced rant directed at Jayapal, the petition said....

...In another clip, the man can be seen approaching the house while yelling profanities about being Jayapal’s neighbor, followed by the sound of metal. The detective couldn't be sure if the sound was from a handgun being racked or metal tent poles as the man tried to put up a tent on Jayapal’s property, the petition said. Police learned the man sent an email to Jayapal’s public account in January, saying he didn’t like her because of her “perceived political wrongdoings,” the petition said. He has also driven by her house and shouted obscenities at her multiple times since late June, according to the petition....

The Associated Press July 14, 2022 8:37 PM

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/state/washington/article263456008.html

Direct Headline: What does Congressmember Jayapal think about defunding the police?

Congressmember Pramila Jayapal may not be on the Seattle City Council, but as she tells KUOW's The Record, she is among a number of lawmakers from the Seattle area who favor diverting funding away from police departments...Jayapal said. "It is completely reasonable for us to shift significant resources from law enforcement and investing in people."...A majority of the City Council has publicly stated they favor a 50% cut to the Seattle Police Department's budget....

....Jayapal had no specific percentage to cut from police departments, rather she says that the defunding conversation should be tangible, and not pushed down the road. She would like to see cities set forth plans — perhaps in phases — and show results as money is shifted out of police departments....She further argues, "We have to completely reimagine what community safety looks like. That starts with investing significantly in the things that take away racial injustice in our systems, racism in our systems...."

By Dyer Oxley and Adwoa Gyimah-Brempong Jul 16, 2020 at 4:37 pm

https://www.kuow.org/stories/jayapal-supports-diverting-police-money-to-other-public-uses

VIDEO: 260 Seattle cops leave force following defund police movement, budget cuts May 19, 2021

City officials fear rising crime, increased response times and less resources to ensure public safety in Seattle, a city of 725,000 people. Carter Evans reports.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/260-seattle-cops-leave-force-following-defund-police-movement-budget-cuts/

I knew "what this thread would devolve to from the jump", as you say.

That eventually it would also be Democrats, not just Conservatives and Republicans, who were under the gun and under threat much like Kavanaugh and the rest of SCOTUS.

A deranged man with clear mental health issues is found outside of Jayapal's house with a handgun, shouting obscenities and what may appear to be motivated by her race ( i.e. a hate crime)

Jayapal pushed for "progressive" policies that operate, to many, as soft on crime and enabling criminal behavior and clearly Defunding The Police. Her stances just made it easier for her threat to walk free and have fewer cops around to protect her if he returns to finish the job.

Ironically her major concern was "racial injustice", but when she faced that racial injustice in front of her own house as a threat to her life and the lives of her family, she was part of the movement to help usher along hundreds of local law enforcement in her area to resign or retire.

Unlike the average citizen and tax payer, Jayapal can use her HOR discretionary budgetary allotment to hire private security ( i.e. your tax dollars). She will also get assigned a protective detail from the Capitol Police. She will also be priority coverage for what's left of the local police departments in the area. She has three full scale options that the rank and file every day person around her does not have.

That being said, the person who threatened her LIVES JUST A HALF MILE AWAY FROM JAYAPAL'S HOUSE.

I've said this before - Someone eventually is going to get killed. This can't keep happening. Team Blue needs to stop stoking the flames to this kind of behavior, they need to stop enabling criminals and lawlessness, they have to understand that it's just as easy for them to get picked off just like anyone in the GOP.

Full disclosure. I pay property taxes in Medina. I pay Jayapal's salary. I think she's a complete and total idiot. I'd like to see her driven out of office using actual democratic processes via election one day. I don't however wish to see her or her family be the victims of political violence nor be under threat to be assassinated like this. I will however say she did everything possible in elected office to create the conditions under which she is now under far more threat than she would be in a Red stronghold.

I said this was all coming close to two years ago. No one listened then. They'll listen now.

massraider said:
There you have it. 

The lefty gets threatened, well she was asking for it. 

Exceptional work. 
Nice misrepresentation! Your buddies won't actually read the long post so you have properly signaled!

Nice misrepresentation! Your buddies won't actually read the long post so you have properly signaled!
The long post was also a misrepresentation. It doesn't have anything to do with defunding the police or Democrats stoking this kind of behavior. I'm sure you'll call that poster as well.

Not a misrepresentation. That was what Gordon was essentially saying, from that diatribe:

I've said this before - Someone eventually is going to get killed. This can't keep happening. Team Blue needs to stop stoking the flames to this kind of behavior, they need to stop enabling criminals and lawlessness, they have to understand that it's just as easy for them to get picked off just like anyone in the GOP.

I see entire modern leftists/ Democrat party creating different hierarchies based on race, sex, sexual identities, and politics.   Everybody who is white/conservative/republican tribe is part of the Oppressor camp.  The modern leftist movement is bigoted at the core.  Until they wake up and abandoned such bigotry, the differences are irreconcilable.  It is hard to believe people today have abandoned treating all people equal.  

Yeah, the news hadn't even made it into the PSF about Jayapal being threatened, and the threat was used to prattle on about defunding the police.

But I'm the one virtue signaling. Gotcha.

Demonstration outside a restaurant, CRAZY LEFTIES ARE GONNA KILL SOMEBODY.

Someone actually stands outside Jayapal's home, actually threatening her, and it's, hey, she wanted to defund the police. 

Yeah, the news hadn't even made it into the PSF about Jayapal being threatened, and the threat was used to prattle on about defunding the police.

Someone actually stands outside Jayapal's home, actually threatening her, and it's, hey, she wanted to defund the police. 

Isn't that what she signed up for?  :lol:

It seems you forgot one of your peaceful protestors attempted to kill Kavanaugh. 

You completely misunderstood GG's post, and you've also completely misunderstood BR's post.
GG blames Democrats for creating an atmosphere in which political assassination is acceptable. He’s done that before, and this time he uses the threat to a liberal to demonstrate that conservatives will not be the only victims of irresponsible rhetoric by Democrats is allowed to continue. BR essentially agrees with GG. 

Both opinions are, in a word, ridiculous, and not worthy of even the short time it took me to summarize them. 

GG blames Democrats for creating an atmosphere in which political assassination is acceptable. He’s done that before, and this time he uses the threat to a liberal to demonstrate that conservatives will not be the only victims of irresponsible rhetoric by Democrats is allowed to continue. BR essentially agrees with GG. 

Both opinions are, in a word, ridiculous, and not worthy of even the short time it took me to summarize them. 

Looks like you've misunderstood our posts too.  :doh:

I did not come up with the "that's what they signed up for" rhetoric.  That was YOUR side of the aisle.  Go check it out in the SCOTUS thread(s).  But I think you already knew that.  

Users who are viewing this thread