What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DJax Update For Week 16 (1 Viewer)

They needed to see him run in the regular season to get in game shape for the playoffs. Now that hes done that and he seems like hell fine theyll be cautious with him so that he is 100% for the playoff games. Same argument is not valid.
You can get in game shape in one game and then sit the next 3 weeks and be ready to go?
Maybe not but its better than running on a swollen knee. His knee was not swollen last week.

They havent needed DJax all year. What makes them play him this week just because they need this game. They need the playoff games more. I doubt he plays.
Same argument was valid last week.
They needed to see him run in the regular season to get in game shape for the playoffs. Now that hes done that and he seems like hell fine theyll be cautious with him so that he is 100% for the playoff games. Same argument is not valid.
Even more relevant why it's not a good comparison is that he was deemed healthy last week.Last week - No swelling, ran well, full week of practice = no problem.

This week - Swelling, no practice = problem.

They havent needed DJax all year. What makes them play him this week just because they need this game. They need the playoff games more. I doubt he plays.
Even more relevant why it's not a good comparison is that he was deemed healthy last week.Last week - No swelling, ran well, full week of practice = no problem.

Yup. Unless we hear something tomorrow morning suggesting DJax has made a miraculous recovery I'm sitting him. If he blows up on my bench that's going to suck but given how he did not practice all week, has a swollen knee and is playing in one of the later games it's just too risky to start him. It would be nice if we heard something definitive about his status tomorrow morning but since it's a late game I'm not banking on it so as of today there's a 99.9% chance he stays on my bench.

Yup. Unless we hear something tomorrow morning suggesting DJax has made a miraculous recovery I'm sitting him. If he blows up on my bench that's going to suck but given how he did not practice all week, has a swollen knee and is playing in one of the later games it's just too risky to start him. It would be nice if we heard something definitive about his status tomorrow morning but since it's a late game I'm not banking on it so as of today there's a 99.9% chance he stays on my bench.
Crappy crapperton. I guess it's Heap unless we hear of a miraculous recovery by Sunday.

Crappy crapperton. I guess it's Heap unless we hear of a miraculous recovery by Sunday.

They play tomorrow at 4:15.

we need to know if he practiced on Friday. If so....then we djax owners might be in okay shape. if not, then backup plan in effect. mine will likely be samie parker.

we need to know if he practiced on Friday. If so....then we djax owners might be in okay shape. if not, then backup plan in effect. mine will likely be samie parker.
Well with Harrison already ruled out....and DJAX in limbo...I have to go with Keyshawn.....I'm screwed!!!

Agreed here. I'm going to bench him for a partial game from Reggie Wayne it looks like. Don't think DJax is going this week.

did he prac Fri?
We probably won't know until this evening. It's only 12 noon there now and they most-likely haven't started practice yet. I believe the practice new starts coming out at around 4:00 - 5:00 local time which will actually be this evening on the East coast.

Good news on the DJax front. From KFFL:Seahawks | Jackson practices, questionable for Week 16Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:12:25 -0800Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) practiced Friday, Dec. 23, and it appears he will play in Week 16. Jackson is officially listed as questionable this week.

:wall: THE GAME for the $$$; Got to finals with DJax's help last week; How about this lineup. RB's SJackson maynot play; LJohnson ?; TJones in Green Bay-OK; WR's Ward; Driver; DJax or Travis Taylor or ABattle or some other FA's. TE JShockley; QB K.Collins. Sure would like to some points from DJax. Thanks for letting me blow.....Merry Christmas to all :thumbup:

Good news on the DJax front. From KFFL:

Seahawks | Jackson practices, questionable for Week 16

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:12:25 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) practiced Friday, Dec. 23, and it appears he will play in Week 16. Jackson is officially listed as questionable this week.
Even with this info, I am starting JJI cant see him going the full game.

WR Darrell Jackson practiced on Friday, but is still listed as questionable for this weekend.The Tacoma News Tribune's Mike Sando believes Darrell Jackson will start against Indy on Saturday. You should play it safe and check back here before gametime for the latest information. Dec. 23 - 8:30 pm et rotoworld.com

WR Darrell Jackson practiced on Friday, but is still listed as questionable for this weekend.

The Tacoma News Tribune's Mike Sando believes Darrell Jackson will start against Indy on Saturday. You should play it safe and check back here before gametime for the latest information. Dec. 23 - 8:30 pm et

rotoworld.com
okay, so he praticed...more importantly...1) how did he look?

2) did he favor his knee?

3) was he being held out as a precaution?

4) will he look the same as he did last sunday?

WR Darrell Jackson practiced on Friday, but is still listed as questionable for this weekend.

The Tacoma News Tribune's Mike Sando believes Darrell Jackson will start against Indy on Saturday. You should play it safe and check back here before gametime for the latest information. Dec. 23 - 8:30 pm et

rotoworld.com

Seahawks closed practice today so only they know how he looked.

rotoworld.com

Seahawks closed practice today so only they know how he looked.
gee wiz. dont they know this is fantasy football championship week!!!

Last week everyone was saying wait to see how he does. I started him in both leagues. I ended up crushing anyway but I liked what he produced.If he starts I'm starting him over Bennett/Moulds/Bryant types.I figure if they wanted to hold him back a bit they would have him as the WR3. Although on the other hand since he's warm after warmups they probably want him on the field before he cools down.My upside at that WR spot has been slim this year so I like his potential here.

In the weather report, on the subscription page, it says that there's an 80% chance of rain. Do you think that would effect his playing time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Been holding him all season and hoping. Gotta make a call by 1 o'clock. Hopefully we'll hear more by then about how long he'll go. If not, I'll have to keep Sammie Parker in the lineup.Good luck to all of you in the same boat!

From Fanball:

Our View

The fact that Jackson hasn't practiced all week tells us that he probably won't play on Sunday.
I think Fanfall is right on the money with this one.

it is such a crapshoot. 1) sea held him out for precaution and he is fine and will produce2) he is not doing great, he will play a bit but no action

I think one thing to consider is that, in some of the quotes this week, Holmgren mentioned that 50 snaps was probably too many. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, and get 20-25 snaps, with the remainder going to Joe J.

i am thinking to take it, play the odds and not play djax no matter what news comes out today and go with samie parker over djax. answers. we need answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea Kramer just reported on Sportscenter that Mike Holmgren said he wants to keep DJax at around 20 plays todayis that worth starting him? Im not surei've gotta choose between him, Antonio Bryant and Charles Rogers since Harrison is outyuck

Andrea Kramer just reported on Sportscenter that Mike Holmgren said he wants to keep DJax at around 20 plays today

is that worth starting him? Im not sure

i've gotta choose between him, Antonio Bryant and Charles Rogers since Harrison is out

yuck
20 snaps..yuck. If that's the case, he's headed to my bench in favor of Andre Johnson...

Jurevicius a good play today?
I have to make the decision to play JJ or Djax today.I have Djax in right noe but if he is only going to play 20 or 30 snaps then JJ is my guy.
Same here.If DJax is only playing 20 snaps, putting JJ in is a no brainer, as opposed to having to choose other players on other teams.

JJ having a breakout kinda year, and added snaps will not hurt this week...

(I am trying to talk myself into making the right choice...LOL)

When FBG updates the cheatsheet today, will they take the 15-20 into account? I've got nothing but scrubs behind Jackson (with Harrison already out), but we can't expect much from Jackson's limited playtime - can we?

I am starting both Engram and JJ along with Hass......I will live or die with the Hawks today.

I have Engram and JJ along with Hass too, I think I might start them both along with Chad Johnson. However I also have Wayne, Stokley, Porter and Mark Clayton... I dont know if any of them should get the nod over JJ/Engram

Still starting him. Tired of getting #### from Branch and Horn.
I want to start Engram over Branch but just cant seem to pull the trigger. With Shaun being so close to the TD record, I think SEA will try to get all the rushing TDs they can until he breaks the record.

Users who are viewing this thread