What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DJax Update For Week 16 (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
He's missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday this week. This is becoming a bit concerning.From KFFL:Seahawks | Jackson misses practice, questionable for Week 16Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:50:14 -0800Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) did not practice Wednesday, Dec. 21, and is questionable for Week 16.

Last edited by a moderator:
interested to see how this plays out,i play against a hass owner this week and an concerned that seattle might choose to rest djax for the playoffs...

From RTSports...

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) did not practice Tuesday, Dec. 20 as a precaution after returning in Week 15, but should play in Week 16.

Uggh - was going with the HAss/D JAx hook up - may now have to go back to Jimmy Smith. If he preactices tomorrow I would feel better

Unless he re-injured something, which so far there isn't any indication of this, I don't see him sitting this week. I could see this as a precautionary thing...

Unless he re-injured something, which so far there isn't any indication of this, I don't see him sitting this week. I could see this as a precautionary thing...
That's what I thought. But wouldn't it have made more sense to get more reps in with the first team? If he was really off the injury list last week, why the precautions?

Per CBS:Darrell Jackson, WR SEANews: Darrel Jackson (knee) is questionable for Week 16 vs. Indianapolis.Analysis: Monitor the situation throughout the week before making a decision on Jackson.

That's what I thought. But wouldn't it have made more sense to get more reps in with the first team? If he was really off the injury list last week, why the precautions?
I can see sitting him on Tuesday as a precaution, but the fact he didn't practice Wednesday too is a bit of a red flag. Plus, he wasn't on the injury report last week but is this week. That's another red flag. I'll also feel better if he practices today.

Per CBS:

Darrell Jackson, WR SEA

News: Darrel Jackson (knee) is questionable for Week 16 vs. Indianapolis.

Analysis: Monitor the situation throughout the week before making a decision on Jackson.
Some expert analysis by CBS here :thumbup:

Per CBS:

Darrell Jackson, WR SEA

News: Darrel Jackson (knee) is questionable for Week 16 vs. Indianapolis.

Analysis: Monitor the situation throughout the week before making a decision on Jackson.
Some expert analysis by CBS here :thumbup:
worst website I've ever seen

Unless he re-injured something, which so far there isn't any indication of this, I don't see him sitting this week.  I could see this as a precautionary thing...
Well, you'd think that, but knee problems are pretty tricky. So there's no telling...Being a Jurevicius owner in my main league, and using him this week, it wouldn't exactly break my heart if Jackson sat this week or played sparingly... :D

I can see sitting him on Tuesday as a precaution, but the fact he didn't practice Wednesday too is a bit of a red flag. Plus, he wasn't on the injury report last week but is this week. That's another red flag. I'll also feel better if he practices today.
My thoughts exactly. I find it very odd that he didn't even make the injury report last week, and then this week he's 'questionable'. [speculation]Makes me think that there were some complications after his workload last week[/speculation].I'm anxiously awaiting word to see if he practices today. With a Saturday game, you would treat today like a Friday practice and would want to see him involved.

Hmmm...I was considering starting him this week, but I'd have to bench Boldin, SS, or Holt. I'm playing a Hasselbeck owner in the SB...

Thursday update. This doesn't look good. From KFFL:Seahawks | D. Jackson misses practice, game time decision for Week 16Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:29:02 -0800Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) missed practice Thursday, Dec. 22, and will be a game time decision for the Week 16 game. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Looks like me starting JoeJ and Engram wont be so bad now.Unless Harrison is playing.

Looks like me starting JoeJ and Engram wont be so bad now.

Unless Harrison is playing.
This sucks....I was hoping he would sub in for Harrison this week......this always happens come Super Bowl time....I really don't want to start Meshawn!

It was great seeing him deliver a good game last week but it's pretty clear that I made a huge mistake keeping DJax on my roster after his injury. Holding him for just one game -- even a good one -- was not a smart call. Oh well.

I also made a mistake by holding him all year, the one game was nice, but I ended up not needing much.Looks like I'll be starting Samie Parker, wanted to get him in my lineup anyway. Good luck to those of you that are starting DJax.

I don't know about others, but GTD is especially bad for me seeing as it's Christmas Eve. I'll be sitting at my parents house with no news on if he's playing and no way to swap him out if he isn't. Seeing as Reggie Wayne and DJax are 2 of my 4 receivers (play 3), I'm going to have to do some serious scrambling prior to Saturday. My receivers as it stands now for Saturday.... Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, ? :X

Well,I guess JJ is starting for me...without a doubt....If he is hurting, and has not practiced all week, I wonder why they would even play him at all, and save him for the playoffs..Go JJ!

I blamce this on HOLMGREN why did he play him every dam down last week...really they CANT win it all without there best WR what was he thinking??? This is nightmare for me now..Mark Clayton and Roy Williams better light it up now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about others, but GTD is especially bad for me seeing as it's Christmas Eve. I'll be sitting at my parents house with no news on if he's playing and no way to swap him out if he isn't. Seeing as Reggie Wayne and DJax are 2 of my 4 receivers (play 3), I'm going to have to do some serious scrambling prior to Saturday. My receivers as it stands now for Saturday.... Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, ? :X
Nut, I had to laugh as I read your post, as I have visions of you squirming over egg nog, reminiscent of like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. :lmao: Who said FF doesn't offer realisitc logistical management challenges?

Merry Christmas.

Nut, I had to laugh as I read your post, as I have visions of you squirming over egg nog, reminiscent of like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. :lmao: Who said FF doesn't offer realisitc logistical management challenges?

Merry Christmas.
Ya, I'll be like, "Great! A Video iPod.... Now, how the heck do you get ESPN on this sucka?"... "I love that leap-pad learning station that you got for the kids. Does it connect to FootballGuys.com?" :D It should be an interesting fantasy weekend, as I'm sure that some people will be 'on the road' to spend the weekend with loved-ones. I'll have Billy, Tunch, and Wolf tuned in on the way.

Have a Merry Christmas one and all.

Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson, questionable for this week's game, did not practice all week and his playing status will be a game-time decision, Holmgren said. Jackson had some normal swelling in his surgically repaired knee after playing in Sunday's game.That's from Seattle Times.Not any different from the other reports, but it does mention some normal swelling. :shrug:

per rotoworldDarrell Jackson will be a game-time decision after missing practice all week.After being so careful with Jackson in his recovery from knee injury, it's surprising the Seahawks played him so much last week. Now he appears to be a 50-50 shot to play this weekend at best. Joe Jurevicius could start again. Same thing - but it appears that Holgrem deciding to play him all out last week can be at fault for this week's injury issues

Normal swelling, a week later? Is that what they say right before they have to do normal drainage of knee fluids or normal removal of scar tissue?Damn it! My team is in shambles. After last week, DJax gave me some hope. I limped into the playoffs, now I need a televangelist to remove the demons from Jackson's knee, Drew Bennett's knee and LT's ribs.

are they holding him outta practice cause he is a vet or is he really struggling on that knee. if so he is done for the week.

AT least from what I'm reading here, the news doesn't look good. I would guess, and that's guessing, that even if DJax plays he'll be limited. If he had "normal" swelling after a full workload last week, to the point that it puts him at 50/50 to play this week..... Well, I think that they'll probably try to give him as much rest as possible this week to make sure he's ready for the playoffs.Against an unmotivated Colts team, that could be very early in the game.Just my half-penny thought for the day.

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren said the knee swelling WR Darrell Jackson (knee) is experiencing his normal. Jackson didn't practice this week because his right knee was swollen after playing his first game since undergoing knee surgery. "It's normal," Holmgren said of the swelling. "From what they're telling me, it's normal." As noted earlier, whether Jackson plays against the Colts won't be decided until Saturday, Dec. 24, Holmgren said. "He feels OK," Holmgren said. "He feels good. So it will be a club decision, a medical decision. He'd like to play."

This really does suck....I need Djax so bad this week....and I need him to perform in Harrison's abscence.......they better say he's starting today....I can't wait for this GTD BS... :wall:

This really does suck....I need Djax so bad this week....and I need him to perform in Harrison's abscence.......they better say he's starting today....I can't wait for this GTD BS... :wall:
word to the bird!

Hmmm, 50/50 on 12+ pts per game (expected value ~ 6 points) is better than anything I'm likely to get out of any of the other bums on my roster.I'm rolling the dice. Seattle needs this game and if the knee swelling is normal maybe Jackson plays.:fingerscrossed:

Hmmm, 50/50 on 12+ pts per game (expected value ~ 6 points) is better than anything I'm likely to get out of any of the other bums on my roster.

I'm rolling the dice. Seattle needs this game and if the knee swelling is normal maybe Jackson plays.

:fingerscrossed:
:confused: They havent needed DJax all year. What makes them play him this week just because they need this game. They need the playoff games more. I doubt he plays.

They havent needed DJax all year. What makes them play him this week just because they need this game. They need the playoff games more. I doubt he plays.
Same argument was valid last week.

They havent needed DJax all year. What makes them play him this week just because they need this game. They need the playoff games more. I doubt he plays.
They needed to see him run in the regular season to get in game shape for the playoffs. Now that hes done that and he seems like hell fine theyll be cautious with him so that he is 100% for the playoff games. Same argument is not valid.

They needed to see him run in the regular season to get in game shape for the playoffs. Now that hes done that and he seems like hell fine theyll be cautious with him so that he is 100% for the playoff games. Same argument is not valid.
Agreed.

It was great seeing him deliver a good game last week but it's pretty clear that I made a huge mistake keeping DJax on my roster after his injury. Holding him for just one game -- even a good one -- was not a smart call.

Oh well.
Try this. As the #1 scoring team in my league, I traded Larry Johnson and a couple others for Jackson and a couple others, counting on a WR upgrade for the playoffs. Then I lost to the LJ owner in the playoffs last week. :(

From Fanball:THE NEWSSeahawks wide receiver Darrell Jackson missed practice on Thursday and will be a game-time decision for Saturday's game against the Colts. The Seattle Times reports that Jackson experienced some normal swelling in his surgically repaired knee after he returned to action last week. Our ViewThe fact that Jackson hasn't practiced all week tells us that he probably won't play on Sunday. The Seahawks are on the verge of locking up home field advantage in the NFC playoffs, so it's not as if they need Jackson to rush back. We'll keep you posted on Jackson's status as more information is released. At this point, though, we suggest you establish a backup plan. DAMN!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

You can get in game shape in one game and then sit the next 3 weeks and be ready to go?

Users who are viewing this thread