What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does FBG go into hibernation mode this time of year? (1 Viewer)

yes actual pay content save the RSP is non-existant. Howver I really enjoy the NFL draft talk, and dynasty talk in the pool and the mock draft survivor leagues

Yes FBG does for the most part go into hibernation during the offseason, which is to bad considering that dynasty football is a year round game. I would like to see more offseason dynasty stuff from the FBG staff.Most of my leagues have a free agency period this time of year, both auction and non auction. Also, a lot of trading going on of players and rookie draft picks. It would be nice to get articles on sleeper players to look out for and maybe future outlook articles on younger players. It would be nice to hear more on the upcoming rookie draft right now since they are so important to dynasty leagues. I really think that FBG is missing the boat here. There is a lot of good info in the forums this time of year that covers some of these offseason dynasty items but it would be nice to get some info from the experts on occasion.

This should be changing very soon, and by next year we should have an offseason presence that includes a new article every day

People seem to be forgetting that "The Audible" still continues during the off-season. It's a great time to get more in depth responses to questions and concepts from your favorite footballguys. I actually think that some of the best posts in the forum come during the offseason when people are re-watching games and discussing analyses in preparation for the coming fantasy football season.

This time of year is when we have the best discussions in the pool. Generally less posturing going on as the herd slims down for the off season ;)

For those interested, eight staff members have posted dynasty rankings dated 1/27 or later for QB, RB, WR, TE. I did my latest ones yesterday and today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, a lot of fantasy sites do not, because they encompass ALL major sports. Footballguys is dedicated to football, so there is definitely a lull in activity. But asothers have said, the forums are active, which is a huge reason why I came here in the first place.

This time of year is when we have the best discussions in the pool. Generally less posturing going on as the herd slims down for the off season ;)
This.Once the season starts, I can't hardly stand to be here. Soon after the Superbowl, I'm here pretty often, but once training camps start, I begin to go elsewhere. Too many bumped threads and pissing contests. Less discussion and more arguing.

This.Once the season starts, I can't hardly stand to be here. Soon after the Superbowl, I'm here pretty often, but once training camps start, I begin to go elsewhere. Too many bumped threads and pissing contests. Less discussion and more arguing. :goodposting: This is my favorite time in the shark pool! Now if only someone would start up one of those mock drafts where everyone picks a team....

This.Once the season starts, I can't hardly stand to be here. Soon after the Superbowl, I'm here pretty often, but once training camps start, I begin to go elsewhere. Too many bumped threads and pissing contests. Less discussion and more arguing.
:goodposting: This is my favorite time in the shark pool! Now if only someone would start up one of those mock drafts where everyone picks a team.... :goodposting: I have been waiting for one of those NFL mock drafts to get started here in the shark pool. I rather enjoy them.

:goodposting: This is my favorite time in the shark pool! Now if only someone would start up one of those mock drafts where everyone picks a team.... :goodposting: I have been waiting for one of those NFL mock drafts to get started here in the shark pool. I rather enjoy them.Paging Andy Dufresne...

:goodposting: This is my favorite time in the shark pool! Now if only someone would start up one of those mock drafts where everyone picks a team.... :goodposting: I have been waiting for one of those NFL mock drafts to get started here in the shark pool. I rather enjoy them.we could try a year without a mock and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread