What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does playing the waivers even matter? Or is the draft everything? (1 Viewer)

tigerz

Footballguy
I lead all my leagues in transactions and I'm doing very well this year which made me think... if skill > luck in FF, then maybe we can see a pattern of those with high amounts of transactions having better records and better rosters. Or maybe not, who knows. But maybe this can be educational.

So just curious, feel free to answer whichever questions you want below.

1. How many transactions have you had so far?
  2. What is your record?
  3. What are your best pickups?
  4. Best one week plug and play moves you've made?
  5. Any players you held on to way too long?
  6. What is your strategy for waivers going forward? Is it going to change? (i.e. Handcuffing? Dropping 2nd QB/TE and stacking RBs?)
  7. Anything else you learned or want to share?

1. 23 in 12-team Non-PPR redraft / 37 in 12-team PPR / 30 in Guillotine.

2. 6-3/6-3 but will be 7-3/7-3 after this week. Still alive in Guillotine.

3. Cordarelle Patterson. Saved me when I lost Gus Edwards and Trey Sermon did nothing. Just fell to me when others went for Rondale Moore / Sony Michels. Dumb Luck but I don't discriminate and said why not. 

Emmanuel Sanders / AJ Green - These guys were great flex for PPR. Dropped early on in short bench work league 2 WR single flex league. Probably should have never been dropped but some people are impatient.

AZ/Panthers/Cowboys/Patriots - These defenses put up elite games. This is why I never draft defenses early since they all came from waivers.

4. D'ernest, Toney - probably the best ones... Those games were huge and gave me wins. Toney then went on to be a non-factor but that one week where he was a huge sleeper was a genius play that I kept chasing after but never repeated lol. Collins/Ty'son/Sermon/Murray/Ingram and so many one week RB guys this year. It's just a revolving door for RB spot starts this year. Great year for zero RB?

5. Ty'son/Sermon/Jamaal Williams held onto them for like 4-5 games. Didn't want to give up but eventually had to. Carson is still eating a spot on my Bench with no IR. WR just didn't pan out for me. I have a revolving door of rookie WRs that I keep picking up and dropping with Rondale Moore/Rashod Bateman/Elijah Moore/Kadarius Toney/Bryan Edwards. 

6Starting to pay more attention to playoff schedule since I'm a lock. Also going for more upside now than weekly streamers. Therefore, handcuffs and defenses with good schedules are starting to have more importance that winning this week. Once I passed byes I dropped backup TE/QB. 

7. I hate to admit this... But I went zero RB twice this year and it worked both times. If I did not work WW as hard as I did trying to stream RBs though I would not have made it. There weren't many clear RB studs emerging from WW outside of Elijah Moore / Patterson. Mostly spot starts that required you to pay attention to the news and pick guys up in advance. Not having to pickup and spot start WRs really helps because it's so hard to stream that position or pickup WW WRs.

edit: I just looked more closely at the weeks where I used waiver wire players and at the other top teams in my leagues.
Other than me leading both in transaction volume, the teams usually second to me in transaction volume had the following in common: They were last place. Then I dug into the games I actually used waiver players and it was very sparingly. The other top teams made very little transactions because they drafted well. There's pretty much no league winning waiver wire pickups this year other than Patterson and maybe Mitchell. 

So now, I'm changing my hypothesis from being active on waivers makes a meaningful difference and leads to more wins to:

Playing the waivers doesn't matter that much. It can help, but you are not likely to turn around the fate of your team. Most players on waivers are there for a reason. Good players and handcuffs are often drafted and on benches and wins are more correlated to good drafts while waiver wire activity correlates more with losses as teams become desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made some good moves this year. The only thing that stands out right now is dropping Stevenson after Fridays doubtful reports. I'm beyond salty right now.

I've made some good moves this year. The only thing that stands out right now is dropping Stevenson after Fridays doubtful reports. I'm beyond salty right now.

I'm here with you. Hopefully he flies under the radar next week as Harris starts practicing and people think he's just a handcuff.

edit: jk, fat chance of that happening. maybe we should start a rumor that he will be inactive next game on social media 😁

Looking at skill position players who I spent FAAB on in one of my leagues:

• KJ Osborn
  • Damien Williams
  • Rondale Moore
  • Kenneth Gainwell
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Ty Johnson
  • Elijah Moore
Well I guess that the $1 I had left on Moore after the rest of that dumpster fire might work?

Looking at skill position players who I spent FAAB on in one of my leagues:

• KJ Osborn
  • Damien Williams
  • Rondale Moore
  • Kenneth Gainwell
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Ty Johnson
  • Elijah Moore
Well I guess that the $1 I had left on Moore after the rest of that dumpster fire might work?
That's tough luck man. At one point I've had pretty much all those guys on my roster and dumped them. I actually picked up and dropped Moore like 3 times this year. I still think AP can work out. But Damien Williams caught pretty much everyone off guard and R. Moore really did look like he could be the next Justin Jefferson early on in the season. 

It's funny, in each week everyone has a consensus favorite pick but I think usually those picks bust. More of a numbers game if anything.

There are seldom more than a handful of truly consequential waiver wire gems in any given year. And typically we remember others fondly as such when they were only consequential during the playoffs or had a stupid run of high end games (I'm looking at you Drew Bennett because there will never be another like you :wub: ).

But you absolutely have to keep churning the wire on the off chance you find that guy. Jordan Howard, Boston Scott, Jeff Wilson, Van Jefferson you just don't know where or when you might strike oil.

I only play one league and I am pretty sure I am one of the top four teams (I don't check the standings, it's a weird neuroses) and I have started a waiver position player five times (I constantly churn Ks & Ds). One was Damien Williams to cover a bye and four were because an impatient owner dropped AJ Brown in week 6. But even if you don't start WW players they have potential as trade bait.  I was able to parley Damien Williams & Geno Smith to a very desperate team for Chris Godwin.

But I lead the league in waiver moves by a wide margin. Because that league winner may still be out there (tonight's game is important because I picked up Van Jefferson and Jeff Wilson is still available). I haven't hit on a Bennett type winner yet but you gotta keep trying.

There are seldom more than a handful of truly consequential waiver wire gems in any given year. And typically we remember others fondly as such when they were only consequential during the playoffs or had a stupid run of high end games (I'm looking at you Drew Bennett because there will never be another like you :wub: ).

But you absolutely have to keep churning the wire on the off chance you find that guy. Jordan Howard, Boston Scott, Jeff Wilson, Van Jefferson you just don't know where or when you might strike oil.

I only play one league and I am pretty sure I am one of the top four teams (I don't check the standings, it's a weird neuroses) and I have started a waiver position player five times (I constantly churn Ks & Ds). One was Damien Williams to cover a bye and four were because an impatient owner dropped AJ Brown in week 6. But even if you don't start WW players they have potential as trade bait.  I was able to parley Damien Williams & Geno Smith to a very desperate team for Chris Godwin.

But I lead the league in waiver moves by a wide margin. Because that league winner may still be out there (tonight's game is important because I picked up Van Jefferson and Jeff Wilson is still available). I haven't hit on a Bennett type winner yet but you gotta keep trying.
Dude…. Aj brown on waivers! That’s insane… guys like that are definitely league winning waiver additions. And how the hell do you trade Damien Williams and geno smith for Chris Godwin.  My league got pissed and wanted vetos on a zeke plus Allen Robinson for Josh jacobs / Pittman / zack moss trade in week 5.

I agree you got to keep plugging away, and I think it becomes even more important in playoffs where one huge game from a waiver player can give you the championship.

But I’m starting to wonder how much of an edge being active on ww is and what peoples strategies or pickups using the waiver are and which has led people to success. I’m with you In the high volume transaction waiver wire gives you more shots and you’d think you’re more likely to hit. Logically I’d think this is the superior strategy even if it’s a low yield strategy.

Dude…. Aj brown on waivers! That’s insane… guys like that are definitely league winning waiver additions. And how the hell do you trade Damien Williams and geno smith for Chris Godwin.  My league got pissed and wanted vetos on a zeke plus Allen Robinson for Josh jacobs / Pittman / zack moss trade in week 5.

I agree you got to keep plugging away, and I think it becomes even more important in playoffs where one huge game from a waiver player can give you the championship.

But I’m starting to wonder how much of an edge being active on ww is and what peoples strategies or pickups using the waiver are and which has led people to success. 
At it's core the waiver wire will always produce far more misses than hits. Virtually all consequential players, including backups are drafted nowadays. With instant access to all the information in the world there are no more guppies. 

If you even have an inkling of a hint of a suspicion that Player A may be injured and Player B gets a bump because of it you better grab Player B because someone else will.

Even with far more misses than hits if you were the guy that landed on Jeff Wilson last season he may well have carried you to a title.

I think the better premise than the wire is useless is that there is an even bigger amount of luck involved in playing the wire than in the draft. But it definitely has value.

When you are saddled with constant injuries, waivers becomes a necessity. I've had to cover 10 starters, and some of their backups, due to multi-game injuries since the season began. This year waiver is about survival for me, especially at RB. C Patt and Howard were my waiver starters, and now another waiver add, Collins, will take over.

When you are saddled with constant injuries, waivers becomes a necessity. I've had to cover 10 starters, and some of their backups, due to multi-game injuries since the season began. This year waiver is about survival for me, especially at RB. C Patt and Howard were my waiver starters, and now another waiver add, Collins, will take over.

You did a good job picking up Patterson and adding Collins. Losing 10 starters makes it pretty much a certainty you are out of playoffs and not sure any amount of WW moves could bring a person back from that. I'm starting to feel like in situations like that, you have to start trading guys for production now (healthy for 2/3 starters / injured for lower tier starters) but that's a very hard thing to do. 

The last place team in my league who plays WW alone isn't bouncing back but the guy in my league who traded away Elliot / A Robinson for Henderson / Jacobs / Pittman did.

Depends on the year.  Arian Foster was a waiver wire pickup, peyton hillis etc...if you can get a guy that it's going to go for 1000 yards and 10tds in 10 games you are laughing

This year that person has really come out of the woodworks...so ww not as important this year.  Most of the guys we have all been talking about are just guys to fill in the spot and get you 6 points

I've come to the opinion that playing the WW is much like playing 10 Bingo cards instead of 3. It's a necessary process I would put in that vague category I call "making your own luck". There's skill and effort to the process but good outcomes are still bound to luck.

Outside of six of my "core" draft picks absolutely none of my other picks have emerged as starter calibre fantasy players. Ruggs might have been trending towards a "set and forget" flex option but, yeah. 😒

I've held onto most of my "calls" too long (Moore, Davis, Shenault, Aiyuk).

Agnew is the closest I've had to real production off the wire. 

Good thread. 

My short answer is yes, I think Waviers matter a ton. And so does the draft. It obviously varies based on number of teams and league size and rosters which all determine who's available on waivers but yes, I think they matter a ton. 

Depends on the year.  Arian Foster was a waiver wire pickup, peyton hillis etc...if you can get a guy that it's going to go for 1000 yards and 10tds in 10 games you are laughing

This year that person has really come out of the woodworks...so ww not as important this year.  Most of the guys we have all been talking about are just guys to fill in the spot and get you 6 points

Yeah, it's really odd. There've been some players that put up some great games but no one who permanently adds value yet besides Patterson and Mitchell. We've had so many injuries but players are coming back... Maybe this has to do with the changes to the IR rules. Teams are more willing to allow players the time away to heal so you don't see many go to the IR and be gone for 7+ games.

I'll also say this, in most competitive leagues, not unlike the real NFL, the margin between winning and losing is THIN. 

So I think some people look at Waivers and think, "It didn't help much, I only got a few more points with this guy than the other guy". When in reality, a few points is the difference between winning and losing. 

So I think I'd add to my statement - Waiver Wire matters a ton. And it's even more important in competitive leagues. 

I've come to the opinion that playing the WW is much like playing 10 Bingo cards instead of 3. It's a necessary process I would put in that vague category I call "making your own luck". There's skill and effort to the process but good outcomes are still bound to luck.

Outside of six of my "core" draft picks absolutely none of my other picks have emerged as starter calibre fantasy players. Ruggs might have been trending towards a "set and forget" flex option but, yeah. 😒

I've held onto most of my "calls" too long (Moore, Davis, Shenault, Aiyuk).

Agnew is the closest I've had to real production off the wire. 
Yes, this is what I struggle with too. You want to believe in the guys you drafted and if they are talented, that they will come around. It's hard to believe in a guy off the streets versus a guy you had researched all summer. And the feeling of having dropped them early to go off on someone else's team is the worst. 

I generally tend to drop early but then pay to pick them up whenever they go off... Really eats up a lot of my FAAB for guys like R. Moore / Edwards.

I play redraft only.  To me, the waiver wire is only as important as how well the players I drafted are doing.  Some years I am crazy busy on the wire, and others I barely use it (mainly just to grab the flavor of the week at K or D).  This year I am a busy beaver, and only have 7 of my original 16 drafted players still on my roster.  Truth be told, my favorite years are the ones where my team collapses early, and I spend the year trying to put together a team every week.  I certainly get my money's worth.

I didn't play in redraft leagues this year, but waivers matter a lot. 12 team short bench rosters (20 roster spots).

In league 1 some of my waiver pickups: Diontae Johnson (before the break out- not this year), Justin Herbert (his rookie year), Dalton Schultz, and Gronk.  All of these players are big contributors or bench fill-ins

In league 2: C. Samuel, L. Thomas.  Not as good, but still could be useful

In league 3: Bateman, Irv Smith.  Bateman looks solid and who knows if Irv turns into a good TE.

I'll also say this, in most competitive leagues, not unlike the real NFL, the margin between winning and losing is THIN. 

So I think some people look at Waivers and think, "It didn't help much, I only got a few more points with this guy than the other guy". When in reality, a few points is the difference between winning and losing. 

So I think I'd add to my statement - Waiver Wire matters a ton. And it's even more important in competitive leagues. 

Good point, but counterpoint, people generally start waiver wire players out of desperation and need rather than to give them an edge. Those players people pickup have a greater chance to bust. Guys like Boston Scott / Alex Collins / Stevenson etc. They have had good games but they've also had bad games so I think you are just as likely to lose due to a WW player as win... Or maybe more likely to lose because the quality of your starting players has dropped.

A lot of people started guys like Toney / Edwards / R. Moore / AP as sleepers and lose. I feel like there's far more of that then wins.

Kind of like the old, stick with your studs versus being cute. Streaming just doesn't seem to be a very effective strategy this year but I'd love to hear people who effectively play the waivers for positions and has led them to win consistently. 

I play redraft only.  To me, the waiver wire is only as important as how well the players I drafted are doing.  Some years I am crazy busy on the wire, and others I barely use it (mainly just to grab the flavor of the week at K or D).  This year I am a busy beaver, and only have 7 of my original 16 drafted players still on my roster.  Truth be told, my favorite years are the ones where my team collapses early, and I spend the year trying to put together a team every week.  I certainly get my money's worth.
Have you ever turned it around using the waiver using a team with more waivers in playoffs than starters? Out of curiousity, who did you end up replacing with who? 9/16 seems like a lot but I guess that makes sense if your 7 original were like first 7 rounds. My bench is pretty much disposable.

I didn't play in dynasty leagues this year, but waivers matter a lot. 12 team short bench rosters (20 roster spots).

In league 1 some of my waiver pickups: Diontae Johnson (before the break out- not this year), Justin Herbert (his rookie year), Dalton Schultz, and Gronk.  All of these players are big contributors or bench fill-ins

In league 2: C. Samuel, L. Thomas.  Not as good, but still could be useful

In league 3: Bateman, Irv Smith.  Bateman looks solid and who knows if Irv turns into a good TE.
I agree, that in dynasty, waiver wires probably matters a lot more than in redraft. You have multiple years for a player to emerge. However, I think for redraft purposes its harder for a player to not have been drafted and emerge out of nowhere in a single season. In a 200 player draft, I think most players who have upside are drafted so its rare for a player to emerge from waivers as a weekly starter.

I think a lot of people who tend to have luck on waivers probably do so because they pickup players who should be rostered but others dropped due to impatience rather than picking up an emerging player who was undrafted. I could see this as a winning WW strategy.

Good point, but counterpoint, people generally start waiver wire players out of desperation and need rather than to give them an edge. 

Thanks. I think we'll just have to disagree there. And I think that goes back to how competitive the league is. I see a ton of sharp owners who are in good shape already but working the waiver wire to get the edge. Not desperate at all. They just realize how powerful the Waiver wire is and want the edge. 

This also brings up another point. I think leagues are more fun when there is plenty of waiver wire action.

So I tend to like leagues where there are smaller benches and therefore more players available in the waiver wire. I like to make it so teams don't have the luxury of "stashing" a player. 

I've mentioned this in other threads... but with all the information out there many owners don't even have to think for themselves....and by the end of the week....weekly rankings end up looking pretty much the same for the most part, no matter where you are getting your info.....

so the WW is where you can maybe steal a few points here or there and gain an advantage on the field.....but it's not just stealing points by picking up these guys and putting them in your lineup....you can steal points by keeping them out of other people's lineups....and to me that is one area a lot of fantasy owners don't focus on and where you can gain some separation....if he's on your bench....fine....at least he isn't scoring for somebody else...play keep away

you have to value every roster spot like it is gold....and use it to your advantage.... even if he isn't starting for you that week...at least he isn't playing against you or helping that other team with the same record as you get a dub....you should try to have the highest scoring bench each week in addition to the highest scoring starting lineup....(that doesn't mean have all QB's on your bench)....

even if you don't need D'Ernest Johnson or RSJ.....somebody else might....don't be lazy....play keep away....

I've mentioned this in other threads... but with all the information out there many owners don't even have to think for themselves....and by the end of the week....weekly rankings end up looking pretty much the same for the most part, no matter where you are getting your info.....

so the WW is where you can maybe steal a few points here or there and gain an advantage on the field.....but it's not just stealing points by picking up these guys and putting them in your lineup....you can steal points by keeping them out of other people's lineups....and to me that is one area a lot of fantasy owners don't focus on and where you can gain some separation....if he's on your bench....fine....at least he isn't scoring for somebody else...play keep away

you have to value every roster spot like it is gold....and use it to your advantage.... even if he isn't starting for you that week...at least he isn't playing against you or helping that other team with the same record as you get a dub....you should try to have the highest scoring bench each week in addition to the highest scoring starting lineup....(that doesn't mean have all QB's on your bench)....

even if you don't need D'Ernest Johnson or RSJ.....somebody else might....don't be lazy....play keep away....
This. Very true. I think this is the best play. You dont want to gamble, you want your opponent to gamble using the weakest hand. This week, I played against a guy with Kamara / Harris. I picked up Ingram and Stevenson. They were both long shots to start but I listened to rumors and because it was possible, it was worth playing keep away. Actually ended up dropping Stevenson because I thought he didn't practice that week but I accomplished my goal of preventing my opponent from having quality starters and punishing him for keeping 3 defenses on his bench instead of proper depth. Had to drop my backup QBs/TEs etc but a sure WIN is worth a lot more. Worry about the future in the future.

Thanks. I think we'll just have to disagree there. And I think that goes back to how competitive the league is. I see a ton of sharp owners who are in good shape already but working the waiver wire to get the edge. Not desperate at all. They just realize how powerful the Waiver wire is and want the edge. 
Yes, I visit the wire for multiple reasons:

1) Desperation - an example - I play small bench redraft and this year took Kyler Murray.  Since I was one of the first to draft a QB, I chose not to take a backup, and assumed I would grab a fill-in on week 12.  Of course Kyler's bye week "started" in week 9, so I had no choice but to grab Jordan Love.  Then I had to drop Love (welcome back Aaron) and pick up Heinicke for week 10, as ARI decides to see how long they can win while resting their star young QB.  I have no doubt ARI will keep Kyler resting until week 13, so I will be playing musical QB's for a few more weeks.  All of these waiver moves fall under the category of desperation.

2) Trade bait - an example - Alexander Mattison gets dropped because the owner needs to grab a backup TE during his starter's bye.  I don't own Dalvin Cook, and neither does the guy who dropped him.  I swoop in and get Mattison off the wire, because I have a higher priority claim, then I dangle him to the Cook owner.  Now, I could hold Mattison, but he will only occupy my bench as long as Cook remains healthy.  I claimed him from waivers mainly as trade bait.

3) Value pick - an example - Javonte Williams was/is in a full on time share with Melvin Gordon, and the owner became frustrated and dropped him.  Anyone with half a brain can tell Javonte will pull ahead of Gordon eventually, so he is someone to grab and stash.  He should not be on the wire and is a value pick.

4) Streaming - an example - I don't think I have ever played the same D for an entire season.  You play the matchups, and you can do this with more than just defenses.  I am currently streaming QB's out of desperation (see how I combined 1 and 4).

Have you ever turned it around using the waiver using a team with more waivers in playoffs than starters? Out of curiousity, who did you end up replacing with who? 9/16 seems like a lot but I guess that makes sense if your 7 original were like first 7 rounds. My bench is pretty much disposable.
Not more waiver players than starters, but I won a superflex 12 redraft league last year with two QBs off the wire.  Drafted Dak and Fitzmagic as my two starters, rode Dalton a bit after Dak went down, then picked up Tua to replace Fitz and also snagged Hurts the week before he took over. Tua/Hurts got me into the playoffs as the 6 seed, then I won the title thanks to Kamara's huge Christmas game. 

As other's have touched on there are many reasons to work the waiver wire and I believe it to be equally as important as the draft.  They are two pieces to the championship puzzle.  

If you draft well then you work the waiver to play keep away as @Stinkin Refmentioned above.  That has a great importance and can keep players off of "lazy" owners roster's even if you don't need them.  

If you draft didn't go as planned working the waiver gives you options and can lead to starters that help you stay competitive.  Also a necessary tactic to win the title.

Bottom line is that luck is the ultimate factor in winning the title (injury and schedule luck being the two prime factors) but in order to give you the best chance to put yourself in a position to win you must work the waiver wire regardless of your team status (keep away vs need).  

Yet

You did a good job picking up Patterson and adding Collins. Losing 10 starters makes it pretty much a certainty you are out of playoffs and not sure any amount of WW moves could bring a person back from that. I'm starting to feel like in situations like that, you have to start trading guys for production now (healthy for 2/3 starters / injured for lower tier starters) but that's a very hard thing to do. 

The last place team in my league who plays WW alone isn't bouncing back but the guy in my league who traded away Elliot / A Robinson for Henderson / Jacobs / Pittman did.
I wanted to possibly trade a WR since I have Pittman and Evans as my starters, but then Jeudy and Gallup both missed extensive time, and my depth took a hit. I also have Wilson backing up Mahomes in this keeper league, and he got hurt as well as I was shopping him around. Oh ya, I also lost my K, Blankenship, but luckily picked up Bullock. Just one of those years when the uphill battle continues weekly. You are right though, as waivers can give certain owners that needed edge, especially during bye weeks. 

You did a good job on yours for sure.

This is very true. My keeper league has two guys tied at the top, two more only 1 game behind, then I'm in the next group of four teams all just 2 games back. So, when you add tie breakers to the mix, those extra few points you mentioned can be the difference between playoffs or not.

Also - Another big point. How leagues award free agents is a huge thing.

The absolute worst way possible is the "first come first serve" way. It's so stupid as it just rewards the GM who has the most free time. 

I would never play in any league that did that. 

Fortunately, these are becoming rare.

The best way by a mile in my opinion is bidding. That's a much better and more fair way and adds the added (super important) element of strategy. 

After 20+ years at this crazy pursuit (redraft only), I am in the camp that, in most years, WW/Free Agent/Trade additions are now MORE important than the draft. 

Owners are fired up and all basically have the same info going into the draft. Usually pretty vanilla. Hard to gain any separation. However, the owner that stays daily engaged as the year wears on, keeps his ears to the ground and, most importantly, actually watches games.....can gain that one degree of separation that wins leagues by staying proactive on the WW and with trade props. Injuries happen and weekly stats can be misleading.....but, if you know football, the eyes don't lie.

I play in a 10-team redraft with 16 roster spots

As an exercise, I tried to make the highest scoring team using only waiver players each week.  Not only would the waiver wire be in first place, it would have THE highest scoring team every week except one, where the wire came in second.

I play in a 10-team redraft with 16 roster spots

As an exercise, I tried to make the highest scoring team using only waiver players each week.  Not only would the waiver wire be in first place, it would have THE highest scoring team every week except one, where the wire came in second.
So you took the highest scoring players after the fact or tried to predict the highest scoring waiver players?

I've been awful in a FAAB league this year.  Picked up Peoples-Jones THREE times, busted every time.  Picked up Stevenson twice, busted.  I waive him last week and my opponent picked him up and stats him against me for a huge game.  I have three wins with RB's Chubb, Mongomery, and Fournette. alrready eliminated with a month to go.  I still think you have to draft well, but FA's do win titles.

If I could predict beforehand, I would be the best FF'er the world has ever seen!
Right, that's what I thought.  There are always one off players that put up unexpected big days so in hindsight the waiver wire in a league that size would always win. 

Considering I drafted about as well as Bill O'Brien managed the Texans roster, my chances of making the playoffs are very dependent on my waiver and free agent successes.

In one league this week I’m starting an entire lineup of players that I didn’t draft 

Brady (trade)

Renfroe (ww)

Toney (ww)

Ingram (ww)

Stephenson (ww)

Schultz (ww)

Foreman (ww)

Bullock (stream)

CLE (stream)

In one league this week I’m starting an entire lineup of players that I didn’t draft 

Brady (trade)

Renfroe (ww)

Toney (ww)

Ingram (ww)

Stephenson (ww)

Schultz (ww)

Foreman (ww)

Bullock (stream)

CLE (stream)
Same But one

Dak (traded javonte early on)

Rhamondre Stevenson (waiver)

cmc(traded aaron Jones and Keenan)

justin jefferson(lone survivor from draft)

hunter renfrow (waiver)

flex: Elijah Mitchell/Jeff Wilson jr (waiver)

nick folk(waiver)

pats D(waiver)

edit to add bench:

mckissic (waiver)

zack moss( waiver, owner dropped after week 1)

aiyuk (waiver)

Van jefferson (waiver)

pat freiermuth (waiver)

6-4, 6th in points, 5th seed but 2nd to last in points against(some of the luck)

As long as you can enter in the Footballguys rankings for the autodraft... ;)

I have thought this would be a fun experiment to try.

You'd need to be careful what site you're playing on (Yahoo, I'm looking in your direction) so that the autodraft doesn't think "must fill out starting lineup before backups" and takes defense in the 8th and kicker in the 9th. But yep, we've had people be unable to make drafts in our leagues (finding a convenient time for people in the US, Europe and Australia isn't easy) and end up with competitive sides at the end of the season. Want to say one's actually won the league previously

You'd need to be careful what site you're playing on (Yahoo, I'm looking in your direction) so that the autodraft doesn't think "must fill out starting lineup before backups" and takes defense in the 8th and kicker in the 9th. But yep, we've had people be unable to make drafts in our leagues (finding a convenient time for people in the US, Europe and Australia isn't easy) and end up with competitive sides at the end of the season. Want to say one's actually won the league previously
Quit public yahoo leagues years ago.  Too many of them have owners who don't pay attention to their team and I don't believe they are very competitive in general.  They are too easy to win.

I have been playing in a keep 10 league for years, One notable rookie who was an early drop...

Alvin Kamara

Quit public yahoo leagues years ago.  Too many of them have owners who don't pay attention to their team and I don't believe they are very competitive in general.  They are too easy to win.

Same, I'm talking about a private league that's just using Yahoo as their platform as we have done for a decade

Users who are viewing this thread