What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does the word "scandoval" mean anything to you? (1 Viewer)

Does the word "scandoval" mean anything to you?

• I am married/live with an SO and I know EXACTLY what that word means

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I am married/live with an SO and the term has crossed my path, but I'm not an expert

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I am married/live with an SO and I have no knowledge of that word

Votes: 50 58.8%
  • I am single and I know EXACTLY what that word means

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I am single and the term has crossed my path, but I'm not an expert

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I am single and I have no knowledge of that word

Votes: 18 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doug B

Footballguy
My recent participation in the Succession thread gave me the idea to start this one.

It's almost like a flavor of "What's Normal?" -- I'm completely oblivious to one big burgeoning current thing in pop culture (the show Succession). So I will post about something that is all over my radar due to the media-consumption choices made in our household.

Slight hints:

- If you're familiar, and you're thinking to yourself 'Shouldn't that word be capitalized?', the answer is 'yes'.
- I think the married/SO-having guys will have a FAR higher hit rate than the single guys. I'm curious whether krista, Ms Rannous, simey, etc. are familiar.

We'll bat this around a while if the house cares to. No need to avoid spoiling anything ... if anyone wants to post a treatise right away, have at it.

Vanderpump Rules has always been a guilty pleasure of my wife and I so we are definitely enjoying the drama right now.

The quick and dirty, it's a reality show of twenty-thirty somethings and recently one of the long term couple has had a juicy cheating scandal happen. The guy's last name is Sandoval so the term "Scandoval" was coined.

The quick and dirty, it's a reality show of twenty-thirty somethings ...

Aside: I wonder if the cast gets gently pushed aside as they approach 40?

Now 43-year-old Jax, of course, had real life break his way and I'm sure he was ready to move on. Tom Sandoval turns 40 in July.

The quick and dirty, it's a reality show of twenty-thirty somethings ...

Aside: I wonder if the cast gets gently pushed aside as they approach 40?

Now 43-year-old Jax, of course, had real life break his way and I'm sure he was ready to move on. Tom Sandoval turns 40 in July.

Jax and a few others were essentially cancelled for being huge pieces of crap. It needed to happen but most fans greatly miss watching the trainwreck of his life in particular.

Jax and a few others were essentially cancelled for being huge pieces of crap.

... hmm, totally true at one point. Jax's stuff was a lot harder to tolerate once #metoo got going. There's players, and then there's IDGAF users -- and for a while, he was the latter.

I thought Jax's arc with Brittany, plus becoming a father, ended up redeeming him, though. I cop to not following all these people on social media. If it wasn't broadcast, I won't notice it.

I don’t know the first names of any of them but as soon as I saw “Vanderpumps” I close the browser window - my wife does watch that **** and it kind of infuriates me even though it shouldn’t.

I've been kicking around the idea of posting a "Things you know about that you'd have never heard of if not for your SO" thread for years. Never have pulled the trigger.

Two such items from my personal list:

- Sconce
- Toile

I vaguely know what it’s generally about. I know nothing about the show, but in brutal honesty—I do go to the TMZ website like once or twice a week to check out if any of the sports/celebrity news involves anybody that I care about. In that process, I do get some exposure to people and stories that I don’t care about.

Just for the record I can't stand anything else on Bravo. But something about watching the trainwreck of these kids' lives is fascinating. The show's on the Mt. Rushmore of reality TV for sure.

I am married/live with an SO and I have no knowledge of that word​

(Didn't mean to be giant font and bold; just copied and pasted the response. I'm leaving it.)

Just for the record I can't stand anything else on Bravo. But something about watching the trainwreck of these kids' lives is fascinating. The show's on the Mt. Rushmore of reality TV for sure.
My ex used to watch this and I never found it that entertaining until this season when a marathon aired and now I’m all in. Past seasons weren’t this entertaining, were they? :popcorn:

I saw it the other day because I was reading a highbrow magazine (no lie). But I didn't know what "Scandoval" was nor could I put it in the proper context. Nor have i watched the show.

Sounds like just another nail in the coffin of Western civ.

My ex used to watch this and I never found it that entertaining until this season when a marathon aired and now I’m all in. Past seasons weren’t this entertaining, were they? :popcorn:
Without a doubt the most entertaining right now. This is probably the biggest scandal just because of the timing. The dude's cheating on his 9 year girlfriend with her best friend, and news of it breaks out right after the season was filmed, so you can see it all unfold before anyone knew. :popcorn:

Without a doubt the most entertaining right now. This is probably the biggest scandal just because of the timing. The dude's cheating on his 9 year girlfriend with her best friend, and news of it breaks out right after the season was filmed, so you can see it all unfold before anyone knew. :popcorn:
Yep. Looking forward to part 2 of the reunion.

Speaking of cheaters, Lala’s ex Randall is quite fascinating. Read an article about him in a big paper/magazine a while back. What a scumbag. Very Weinsteinish.

Without a doubt the most entertaining right now. This is probably the biggest scandal just because of the timing. The dude's cheating on his 9 year girlfriend with her best friend, and news of it breaks out right after the season was filmed, so you can see it all unfold before anyone knew.

And to think ... Ariana only finds out about it because Tom's phone fell out of his pocket, while he was performing at a concert, and someone handed the phone to Ariana.

Without a doubt the most entertaining right now. This is probably the biggest scandal just because of the timing. The dude's cheating on his 9 year girlfriend with her best friend, and news of it breaks out right after the season was filmed, so you can see it all unfold before anyone knew.

And to think ... Ariana only finds out about it because Tom's phone fell out of his pocket, while he was performing at a concert, and someone handed the phone to Ariana.
She’s definitely on her revenge tour. Looking pretty amazing at the reunion.

Speaking of cheaters ...

I did like that during Part 1 of the reunion, Andy Cohen called out the entire cast (minus Katie and Lisa V) for having cheating scandals while on the show. I completely understand Ariana's emotions ... but some of the cast is just piling on at this point. James is all too happy to have someone else be the show's jerk** at this point.

** Jax was like the Muhammad Ali or Pele of Reality Show Jerks during his heyday. James and Sandoval can only fantasize.

I know because it's my daughter's Wednesday night ritual.

I watched with her once to the first commercial break so I could learn the names of the characters but promptly forgot them as my brain turned to mush.

Is this like a lot of “reality” shows where at least half or more isn’t reality because they are either doing stupid **** on purpose or even script it?

Speaking of cheaters, Lala’s ex Randall is quite fascinating. Read an article about him in a big paper/magazine a while back. What a scumbag. Very Weinsteinish.

and he has his very own documentary on how much of a scumbag he is that was just released on Hulu. It's pretty good. The way he treats Bruce Willis on set during the onset of his aphasia is infuriating.

Married, never heard of it though (after learning what it was from scrolling through the thread) my wife regularly watched Vanderpump. I’ll have to give her credit today for keeping me out of this guilty viewing pleasure of hers.

- I think the married/SO-having guys will have a FAR higher hit rate than the single guys. I'm curious whether krista, Ms Rannous, simey, etc. are familiar.
I've never heard the term before. I just read this thread, and I have never seen Vanderpump Rules, but I have heard of it, and I know who Vanderpump is. A few years ago, I drove one of my mom's bestfriends to DC to see a specialty doctor. She watches The Housewives stuff on Bravo, and on the TV in the hotel room there was a marathon on The Housewives of Beverly Hills. I'm pretty sure Vanderpump was the British woman that had a bunch of dogs that she dressed in outfits. What was crazy to me watching that marathon is that some of those women were super bitchy, and acted like that with the cameras rolling. I reckon the bad behavior is what gives the shows high ratings.

The lady pretty much has Bravo on most of the day in the background, but all I hear from the other room when I’m in the house is all the beeps. So no never heard of scandoval.

I've never heard the term before. I just read this thread, and I have never seen Vanderpump Rules, but I have heard of it, and I know who Vanderpump is. A few years ago, I drove one of my mom's bestfriends to DC to see a specialty doctor. She watches The Housewives stuff on Bravo, and on the TV in the hotel room there was a marathon on The Housewives of Beverly Hills. I'm pretty sure Vanderpump was the British woman that had a bunch of dogs that she dressed in outfits. What was crazy to me watching that marathon is that some of those women were super bitchy, and acted like that with the cameras rolling. I reckon the bad behavior is what gives the shows high ratings.

I started watching the show due to this thread. :bag: You're right that Vanderpump is British, and I've seen at least one dog dressed in an outfit (I'm only on Season 1, episode 2). She seems pretty nice, though, so I suspect wasn't one of the bitchy ones.

I started watching the show due to this thread. :bag: You're right that Vanderpump is British, and I've seen at least one dog dressed in an outfit (I'm only on Season 1, episode 2). She seems pretty nice, though, so I suspect wasn't one of the bitchy ones.
She wasn't one of the bitchy ones, but it seems she got caught up in something that was implied she instigated or something like that. I love British humor, and I remember some of things she would say would make me laugh.

. What was crazy to me watching that marathon is that some of those women were super bitchy
That's a feature, not a bug.

People are not turning in to see people that are better humans than they are. They're looking for worse, terrible train wreck behavior. People who audition for these shows are not trying to be real, they are trying to fit into the stereotypes that have been established for decades, going back to The Real Works.

. What was crazy to me watching that marathon is that some of those women were super bitchy
That's a feature, not a bug.

People are not turning in to see people that are better humans than they are. They're looking for worse, terrible train wreck behavior. People who audition for these shows are not trying to be real, they are trying to fit into the stereotypes that have been established for decades, going back to The Real Works.
I'm aware that people want to see scandals, fights, etc. and the more drama the better. I was just surprised that some of the Beverly Hills people who are known or their spouses are, get their dirty laundry aired on national TV and act rotten.

Lisa is like the mother figure on the show so not much drama from her. She pops up every now and then to lecture the cast about their drama and she’s their boss at the restaurant, but I’m sure behind the scenes it’s more like “thanks for the ratings bump guys!!”

Married and no idea before reading through the thread. Wife watches a ton of "reality" TV but no idea if she watches whatever that is. If she does she would never bother to tell me since I have a massive amount of disdain for those type of shows.

Users who are viewing this thread