What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dog most likely to win week 1 of the playoffs (1 Viewer)

Who you got? > Tiebreaker will be margin of victory.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy
Tiebreaker will be margin of victory

If you think all 6 favorites will win, just post that. 🏈                                                   *cheaters WILL be disqualified   - one vote only

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I’m not alone in picking SF.

that said, I won’t hesitate to pick Dak in my post-season draft tonight if I’m picking 5-6-7 and he’s on the board. I won’t love it, but ‘d probably do that over some of the BYE week players. Maybe. I’m not sure yet.  :unsure:

I think its Arizona, and I'd actually call the Rams winning a slight upset. 
AZ has been such a Jekyll and Hyde team the last 6-7 games. The one game they really got up for was the Cowboys. Otherwise they were pushed around by some bad teams. How did they lose 34-10 to the Panthers?  Ok, the Rams are a solid team, and beat them 30-23 last meeting. But the Lions jumped them 30-12, and the struggling seahawks topped them 38-30.

I agree the cards / Rams game is likely a coin flip, but I can’t call a Rams win an upset. AZ has been all over the place. 

Cardinals. If I have to pick an underdog it’s the one with an explosive QB who you could envision absolutely taking over against a team that everyone thought was more well-rounded. Not anywhere near guaranteed to happen of course but I can see the scenario clearly in my mind’s eye. 

I picked SF. kinda looking like  the 2007 Giants , left for dead late in the year, put it together to make a late season run. Never underestimate McCarthy's ability to screw this thing up here. SF has firepower on both sides of the ball. That Dallas secondary is going to have their hands full of Niner WRs. The SF run game is solid. Dallas putting 50+ on Philly backups was not impressive.

NE has a shot here too. you'll get the full razzle-dazzle arsenal of Josh McDaniels, couple flea-flickers, fake punt, RB throwing a TD. stuff like that he typically uses in playoff games. the beat Buffalo in Buffalo early december. 

I don’t know if the Patriots with win, but surprisingly Josh Allen hasn’t played well  in the elements. He’s done great in warm weather (60 degrees or more) with a passer rating in the low hundreds. But below freezing and in games with precipitation, he’s been in the high 70’s. It’s supposed to be single digit temps with a chance of snow on Saturday night. Of course, Mac Jones has never played a game that cold.

Coach Kliff is notorious for late season collapses so Arizona is not on. my list of upset specials this week but they are quite popular for gamblers this week. If you like the Rams that's a good thing. 

Hard to overlook San Fran and the way Dallas typically implodes in the Playoffs in the 21st  Century. 

Hard to bet against Bill Belichick and his ability to game plan for 1 game, even if the Patriots were to get spanked the following week, he could pull a rabbit out in Buffalo this weekend, no doubt in my mind. They didn't look that interested in the Miami Dolphins this past weekend, not sure what happened there. 

It's going to be super cold in BUF, so I think NE has a great chance to pulling off the upset, given how well they can run the football.

I think the Niners, Cardinals and Raiders all have good shots as well.

But I going with the Patriots.

Coach Kliff is notorious for late season collapses so Arizona is not on. my list of upset specials this week but they are quite popular for gamblers this week. If you like the Rams that's a good thing. 
Battle of the playoff yips. Much worse team back then, but Stafford has never won a playoff game.

Tanner9919 said:
I picked SF. kinda looking like  the 2007 Giants , left for dead late in the year, put it together to make a late season run.
You spelled Raiders wrong ;)  

Battle of the playoff yips. Much worse team back then, but Stafford has never won a playoff game.
The Rams went to the Super Bowl with Goff at QB, The Bears with Grossman, The Ravens won a trophy with Dilfer, if you think Stafford's lack of Playoff experience since he steered the ship in Detroit is any barometer for how we're going to measure this weekend's contest between Coach KK vs Yoda, focus on the part of my post that has the word Rams in it 😉

Another SF vote.  The run game is clicking.  The pass catchers should have a field day.  Dallas always seems to slip up when it comes to the post-season or win and stay alive games.  

Arizona second.  This one could go either way.  My money is on the Rams.  But I won't be surprised if the Cardinals find a way. 

NE 3rd.  Just can't ever count out BB.  Especially vs another AFC East team that he sees twice a year.  I like Buffalo to get to at least the AFC Championship game.  But won't be all that surprised if BB finds a way to ruin their parade.

Cards fan but just don't see it. Team has been lifeless the past month. 

1-4 to finish season. 1-3 since Hop went down (0-3 at home). 3 of last 4 losses against non-playoff teams. Team desperately misses Hop and is getting run over. It's a completely different pass O w/o Hop to take attention (look at Kylers YPA with/without Hop if you've not watched the games)

Yet another season where they peaked early IMO :kicksrock:

The Rams went to the Super Bowl with Goff at QB, The Bears with Grossman, The Ravens won a trophy with Dilfer, if you think Stafford's lack of Playoff experience since he steered the ship in Detroit is any barometer for how we're going to measure this weekend's contest between Coach KK vs Yoda, focus on the part of my post that has the word Rams in it 😉
And you missed the part where I said "played for a much worse team"

BTW, I chose SF in the poll.

I'd say NE.

They know Buffalo and have beaten them. Weather once again can be somewhat of an equalizer this week and Buffalo hasn't looked that great in the cold weather...not even last week against the Jets.

Another SF vote.  The run game is clicking.  The pass catchers should have a field day.  Dallas always seems to slip up when it comes to the post-season or win and stay alive games.  

Arizona second.  This one could go either way.  My money is on the Rams.  But I won't be surprised if the Cardinals find a way. 

NE 3rd.  Just can't ever count out BB.  Especially vs another AFC East team that he sees twice a year.  I like Buffalo to get to at least the AFC Championship game.  But won't be all that surprised if BB finds a way to ruin their parade.
Forever Dallas fan here.

In the 1970s and 1990s we'd seldom lose this type of game.

From 1996 on, we ALWAYS lose these games.

I hope I'm wrong, but SF wins outright. 31-21.

I know it's overly simplistic but we need to find out if Dak is truly an elite QB- this is a huge test.

BB has not stopped Josh Allen in any of the last three decent weather games so I think the mystique of him having some genius plan is akin to reminiscing about those girls you kissed in high school.  

Fun to remember, but in the past....

Mother Nature slowed down Allen in Dec and looks poised to do that again.  The Bills had a horrible offensive game plan for that game, if they make the same game planning mistakes Jones won’t need to do much to win because Allen won’t do much either. 

Went with the Raiders as well but think two others have a decent shot - NE, LA.

Can’t see either SF or PIT with any chance. I think the DAL D will give Jimmy fits all day and Pittsburgh isn’t in the same stratosphere as the Chiefs.

Birds.  Rain filled field and the best run game in the NFL.  If they get some pressure early and continue to run it I think they can beat a depleted TB team.  

I think LV, NE, SF and Arizona all have very good chances. I don't have much hope for Philly or Pittsburgh though I would love the Steelers to beat the Chefs. 

I don’t know if the Patriots with win, but surprisingly Josh Allen hasn’t played well  in the elements. He’s done great in warm weather (60 degrees or more) with a passer rating in the low hundreds. But below freezing and in games with precipitation, he’s been in the high 70’s. It’s supposed to be single digit temps with a chance of snow on Saturday night. Of course, Mac Jones has never played a game that cold.

That IS surprising, but what kind of sample size are we talking? 

And what about his days in WYO?

Las Vegas because they are the scrappiest to to ever scrappy scrap into the playoffs... 

Plus some say I am am eternal optimist... 

And confirmed homer.

They're getting money too, that line has gone from 6 1/2 down to 5 1/2.  The Chiefs game is the other game to move a full point so far, but to the favored Chiefs' side (at home with the biggest young star vs 50 year old Ben), so that one does not surprise in the least.  The Raiders line movement however, really surprises me.

Vegas has the quick turnaround, got lucky, imo, more than a few times down the stretch there, and faces a totally different Cinci than we've seen before.  The Raiders' 4 game win streak is by a combined 12 points and included the Broncos, a fading Colts and a covid-ravaged Browns team without Mayfield.

I think the Cowboys completely overlooked them on Thanksgiving, btw, and the Raiders rallied big for that one (props for that).  But prior they got killed by these Bengals (IN Vegas, 32-13) and the Chiefs.  And lost to the NY Giants.  

Finally, while he's rallied the troops and it's a great story, Bisaccia showed plenty of signs of being average and/or in over his head.  Too conservative, in particular the Broncos game stood out to me, although he got out of there with a win (to Drew Lock and a crap HEAD coach).

I love Burrow (and now with Chase to go with him?) and those games they beat KC and killed Pitt (both home and away) came off like the old Bengals are gone now.  This team actually seems underrated to me, like people won't believe it until they see it (in the playoffs), which is understandable -- and the line movement kind of says as much.  However, I'm convinced already.

I like Cinci more than any game this weekend.

They're getting money too, that line has gone from 6 1/2 down to 5 1/2.  The Chiefs game is the other game to move a full point so far, but to the favored Chiefs' side (at home with the biggest young star vs 50 year old Ben), so that one does not surprise in the least.  The Raiders line movement however, really surprises me.

Vegas has the quick turnaround, got lucky, imo, more than a few times down the stretch there, and faces a totally different Cinci than we've seen before.  The Raiders' 4 game win streak is by a combined 12 points and included the Broncos, a fading Colts and a covid-ravaged Browns team without Mayfield.

I think the Cowboys completely overlooked them on Thanksgiving, btw, and the Raiders rallied big for that one (props for that).  But prior they got killed by these Bengals (IN Vegas, 32-13) and the Chiefs.  And lost to the NY Giants.  

Finally, while he's rallied the troops and it's a great story, Bisaccia showed plenty of signs of being average and/or in over his head.  Too conservative, in particular the Broncos game stood out to me, although he got out of there with a win (to Drew Lock and a crap HEAD coach).

I love Burrow (and now with Chase to go with him?) and those games they beat KC and killed Pitt (both home and away) came off like the old Bengals are gone now.  This team actually seems underrated to me, like people won't believe it until they see it (in the playoffs), which is understandable -- and the line movement kind of says as much.  However, I'm convinced already.

I like Cinci more than any game this weekend.
The biggest thing for me will be the health of Hankins and Jacobs.

Hankins is huge for the Raider D. He is the run stopper in the middle. If he isn't able to go then it will be hard for the Raiders to consistently stop the Cincy running game. 

On the other side is Jacobs. He ran well against the Chargers with the sore ribs but that is tough to do and if it aggravated it can impact the game. 

Cincy beat the Raiders earlier in the season but so did the Chargers. The health of those two players are big questions for me but I like the Raiders to upset Cincy here. 

But what do I know. I am just a homer.

If you think all 6 favorites will win, just post that. 🏈                                                   *cheaters WILL be disqualified   - one vote only
46 eliminated so far, as neither dog barked on Saturday. 

We have a lead dog going into the home stretch with SF winning by 6 points.  Arizona is the only dog left with a chance to catch them.

Leroy Hoard said:
We have a lead dog going into the home stretch with SF winning by 6 points.  Arizona is the only dog left with a chance to catch them.
Congrats to all those who correctly picked SF, the only dog winner of the week. 🎯

Users who are viewing this thread