What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Domenik Hixon should be starting next to Plax (1 Viewer)

Maui Monster

Footballguy
Hixon looked fabulous on the field against the Seahawks D. The Giants would be downright scary if Plax and Hixon were on the field at the same time... Time for Toomer to step back.

Any thoughts from the Pool about this guy going forward? I noticed he could have come back in the game after the hit, but the game was over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hixon looked fabulous on the field against the Seahawks D. The Giants would be downright scary if Plax and Hixon were on the field at the same time... Time for Toomer to step back.
Toomer is still too valuable to Eli. Even at his advanced age, Amani can go get it and makes the sideline catches like no other receiver. Hixon is great insurance though! Talk about depth at a position?!?

I have been saying this before the start of the year. I will say that Toomer has been catching well this year (which he usually doesn't), but he gets solo covered always and doesn;t stretch the field at all. I think Toomer should be the slot guy, but Steve Smith is better than him at it.I honestly believe Toomer is the 4th best receiver on the Giants and will fall when Manningham gets going.

I have been saying this before the start of the year. I will say that Toomer has been catching well this year (which he usually doesn't), but he gets solo covered always and doesn;t stretch the field at all. I think Toomer should be the slot guy, but Steve Smith is better than him at it.I honestly believe Toomer is the 4th best receiver on the Giants and will fall when Manningham gets going.
Or Moss.

I think for week 6 the Giants will stay with Toomer against the Browns..but after that their next 11 games have very hard defense teams..could see a change soon then.

The Giants are undeafted. And the defending Champs.

There is nothing wrong with their player personell decisions.

Hixon appears to be is talented enough to start, but that doesnt mean he should be starting.

The Giants are undeafted. And the defending Champs. There is nothing wrong with their player personell decisions.Hixon appears to be is talented enough to start, but that doesnt mean he should be starting.
I say the Converse is true as well. Just because they are undefeated does not mean they should not have the best personnel on the field. Hixon and Plax being on the field at all times gives them an arsenal that would be very hard to defend. And Amani Toomer's presence is not the reason they are undefeated. Their D is...Amani made a beautiful sideline catch a couple weeks ago, but I say with Hixon's play-making ability and speed he would make the undefeated champs even better.Who says a possession WR has to be older and slow?

Hixon looked fabulous on the field against the Seahawks D. The Giants would be downright scary if Plax and Hixon were on the field at the same time... Time for Toomer to step back.Any thoughts from the Pool about this guy going forward? I noticed he could have come back in the game after the hit, but the game was over.
I agree. Been sayin' it for awhile. Don't think ol' Tom is going to listen to me, but it'll happen sooner or later. Hixon is an outstanding prospect, IMO. I never really understood why Denver released him.

'Ol Tom may come around... Interesting piece about Hixon in NY Times today. He was the one who hit Kevin Everette from the Bills Denver cut him 9 days later...

NYG Finds a New Playmaker
Yeah he was the one who was returning the kick off when Everett was hurt. I think Denver cut him hoping he would clear waivers so they could put him on the practice squad. It didn't work out that way and the Giants have themselves a good player. IIRC, Hixon was drafted in the same draft as Cutler, Dumervil, Marshall and Kuper (starting guard).

The Giants are undeafted. And the defending Champs. There is nothing wrong with their player personell decisions.Hixon appears to be is talented enough to start, but that doesnt mean he should be starting.
I say the Converse is true as well. Just because they are undefeated does not mean they should not have the best personnel on the field. Hixon and Plax being on the field at all times gives them an arsenal that would be very hard to defend. And Amani Toomer's presence is not the reason they are undefeated. Their D is...Amani made a beautiful sideline catch a couple weeks ago, but I say with Hixon's play-making ability and speed he would make the undefeated champs even better.Who says a possession WR has to be older and slow?
Bradshaw should also be more than a mop up player, but the Giants dont seem to agree at this point. We'll see going forward, but I doubt they'll be benching Toomer.

The Giants are undeafted. And the defending Champs.

There is nothing wrong with their player personell decisions.

Hixon appears to be is talented enough to start, but that doesnt mean he should be starting.
I say the Converse is true as well. Just because they are undefeated does not mean they should not have the best personnel on the field. Hixon and Plax being on the field at all times gives them an arsenal that would be very hard to defend. And Amani Toomer's presence is not the reason they are undefeated. Their D is...Amani made a beautiful sideline catch a couple weeks ago, but I say with Hixon's play-making ability and speed he would make the undefeated champs even better.

Who says a possession WR has to be older and slow?
Bradshaw should also be more than a mop up player

, but the Giants dont seem to agree at this point. We'll see going forward, but I doubt they'll be benching Toomer.
This might be due more to the fact that they are pretty loaded at the position. Ward is no slouch himself.

Just curious...where did you say this since the beginning of the year? Any links to threads??

Hixon does have some skills, however he is far more suited to Plax's role on the team as a deep guy and in his case, a speed and agility threat.

Toomers is ESSENTIAL (at least until Steve Smith steps in fully) for the Giants to move the ball consistently because he runs exceptoinal routes, has great hands and knows how to get big, big catches and first downs. He won't win you a fantasy championship (well, his three TDs a few years ago in week 16 could), but Toomer's role is something that is very much needed and Hixon does not fit that bill.

The Giants are going to get all these guys on the field and involved just as they've done with their RBs. Eli doesn't need to just force the ball to Plax anymore. He is allowing the coverage to dictate where he goes with the ball. As a Giants fan that's great to see. Unfortunately from a fantasy perspective it may make it difficult to figure out who will be relevant from week to week.

Last edited by a moderator:
How important was the fact that Hixon was in Plax's WR position? Not saying he can't be successful taking Toomers spot but sometimes the offense is geared more to one WR spot over the others i.e. more targets, more motion, deeper routes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread