What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donovan McNabb (1 Viewer)

drdgreenlove

Footballguy
McNabb weighed 223 when he came out of college http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...amp;genpos=QB... He weighs 240 now (per PE.com)

No wonder he gets gassed running 10 yards and nearly passes out at the end of the game. look at his arms or his stomach.. sure he is carrying more muscle but more fat as well... His arms were ripped in 1999. He had plenty of arm strength then so he doesnt need huge arms. It looks like he needs a bro... And playing heavy has not prevented injury... perhaps it has led to injury. Time to stop eating Chunky soup or Mrs. McNabb's food and start eating Lean Cuisine

McNabb's BMI is 30.8.. which is in the obese range... In 1999 it was 28... plus I think his muscle mass was higher in 1999 (look how ripped he was)

Point is.. he needs to slim down

Brett Favre is 6'2 222

Tom Brady is 6'2 225

Peyton Manning is 6'5 230

McNabb is too fat to compete until the end of the game

if we had a thin coach perhaps he could encourage his players to be in shape

1999 McNabb- http://blog.syracuse.com/axeman/large_mcna...0su%20photo.jpg

2008- McNabb- http://theaddshow.files.wordpress.com/2008...abb-walking.jpg

He needs to play at 230 tops...

Last edited by a moderator:
He did look REALLY gassed after his run at the end of the game.

McNabb goes for his run, the Eagles go back to the huddle, it must have been 2:20-ish on the clock, and in hurry up mode, they could have gotten off another play before the 2-minute warning.

McNabb is in the huddle breathing like Fatty McGee, and the crowd is booing as they let the clock wind down. Even the commentators are wondering what they heck they are doing.

Think about it. He ran once, and was so out of breath he wasted 20+ seconds they really could have used.

He did look REALLY gassed after his run at the end of the game.McNabb goes for his run, the Eagles go back to the huddle, it must have been 2:20-ish on the clock, and in hurry up mode, they could have gotten off another play before the 2-minute warning.McNabb is in the huddle breathing like Fatty McGee, and the crowd is booing as they let the clock wind down. Even the commentators are wondering what they heck they are doing.Think about it. He ran once, and was so out of breath he wasted 20+ seconds they really could have used.
I don't know if it's a weight thing but I was shocked that he couldn't (or Andy Ried wouldn't) at least get back to the LOS and hand off the ball to Westbrook. It was 1st and 10 and the Eagles get a free clock stoppage so why the Hell not?

He did look REALLY gassed after his run at the end of the game.McNabb goes for his run, the Eagles go back to the huddle, it must have been 2:20-ish on the clock, and in hurry up mode, they could have gotten off another play before the 2-minute warning.McNabb is in the huddle breathing like Fatty McGee, and the crowd is booing as they let the clock wind down. Even the commentators are wondering what they heck they are doing.Think about it. He ran once, and was so out of breath he wasted 20+ seconds they really could have used.
:goodposting:McRibb looks like he's badly out of shape. Haven't seen a qb huffing and puffing that hard at the end of a game since Elvis Grbac vs. Denver in the playoff game at Arrowhead.

I don't know if it's a weight thing but I was shocked that he couldn't (or Andy Ried wouldn't) at least get back to the LOS and hand off the ball to Westbrook. It was 1st and 10 and the Eagles get a free clock stoppage so why the Hell not?
If I'm not mistaken, it was 3rd and short, not 1st and 10. IIRC Michaels was using that as an excuse for McRibb letting it go down to the 2 minute warning to make sure they got off a quality play.

Actually, it was 3rd and 3. He scrambled for 7 yards.

:unsure: actually...it was a critical 3rd and 3. The Eagles still had a timeout, the 2 minute warning, and were around their own 40. If they'd rushed the play, they might have gotten it off at 2:05 or so, but under the circumstances time was not a huge factor. The need to convert was much much bigger and I have no problem with taking that extra time there. What I don't get is how they took that time and came out with 2 straight running plays behind their backup gaurd when the running game was non-existant all game and McNabb was playing very well late in the game. Horrid play calling.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 3rd and short, not 1st and 10. IIRC Michaels was using that as an excuse for McRibb letting it go down to the 2 minute warning to make sure they got off a quality play.
Actually, it was 3rd and 3. He scrambled for 7 yards.
:thumbup: actually...it was a critical 3rd and 3. The Eagles still had a timeout, the 2 minute warning, and were around their own 40. If they'd rushed the play, they might have gotten it off at 2:05 or so, but under the circumstances time was not a huge factor. The need to convert was much much bigger and I have no problem with taking that extra time there. What I don't get is how they took that time and came out with 2 straight running plays behind their backup gaurd when the running game was non-existant all game and McNabb was playing very well late in the game. Horrid play calling.
Thanks guys! I really needed to be corrected three times to drive in the fact that I was drunk with excitement (and beer) by that point in the game.My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread