What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't bother if it's not right (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky7

Footballguy
I paid for this. One of the most important things heading into the draft is starting line-ups. If you can't get right footballguys don't bother! Just send us to a reliable source.

I paid for this. One of the most important things heading into the draft is starting line-ups. If you can't get right footballguys don't bother! Just send us to a reliable source.
Please tell me you arent doggin on this site because they couldnt forsee Q getting Cut?? They didnt predict Ricky retiring, Boston and Boldin injury either. This place is horrible :rolleyes: :lol:

On the paid Footballguys starting lineup Culcasi lineups $$ depth charts. Seriously, this is crunch time and if the the depth charts aren't accurate - Why bother????

On the paid Footballguys starting lineup Culcasi lineups $$ depth charts. Seriously, this is crunch time and if the the depth charts aren't accurate - Why bother????
Did you not know Quincy had been cut?

Hey PEEEEEENs What the hell? This is the godsend of football sights; why are the depth charts so inaccurate?

Hey PEEEEEENs What the hell? This is the godsend of football sights; why are the depth charts so inaccurate?
I have no idea, I dont pay for the service. But I sure as hell dont need FBG or NFL.com to tell me who is the #1 qb in dallas. Depth charts will change some before the start of the regular season so Im not that concerned with WHO is the starter today.

Fair enough. Any other errors.I'm sure the guys at FBG will rectify this shortly

I've been disconnected for a while. Short story, I'm an auditor, if I read the depth charts and see Q. Carter as #1 QB, I discount everything that is presented in that depth chart due to that eggregious error. I'm counting on the depth charts for drafting 2nd and 3rd place individuals. To me this is 70% of why I pay for this site.

Culcasi has bigger worries like how he is going to beat the Mighty Team Peens in week 1 of the No Mercy Barracuda league. :excited: I doubt he will update the depth charts anytime soon, I think he left town out of fear.

I've been disconnected for a while. Short story, I'm an auditor, if I read the depth charts and see Q. Carter as #1 QB, I discount everything that is presented in that depth chart due to that eggregious error. I'm counting on the depth charts for drafting 2nd and 3rd place individuals. To me this is 70% of why I pay for this site.
No, if you're an auditor, you would find this one error and then do more testing.......you wouldn't discount everything else.Also, to begin your "audit", you would need some kind of formula to get an idea of how much and what kind of stuff you are testing or counting. Some audits only count 10% of inventory, for example. Don't be so friggin' critical. :D

Culcasi has bigger worries like how he is going to beat the Mighty Team Peens in week 1 of the No Mercy Barracuda league. :excited: I doubt he will update the depth charts anytime soon, I think he left town out of fear.
What are you ten??He has a valid point, if such a simple piece fo informtaion is incorrect how can you trust any of the other information in the depth chart.

No, if you're an auditor, you would find this one error and then do more testing.......you wouldn't discount everything else.Also, to begin your "audit", you would need some kind of formula to get an idea of how much and what kind of stuff you are testing or counting. Some audits only count 10% of inventory, for example. Don't be so friggin' critical. :D
This defeats the purpose of paying for the information.

What are you ten??He has a valid point, if such a simple piece fo informtaion is incorrect how can you trust any of the other information in the depth chart.
No Im not 10, Im making a F'n Joke that obviously went way over that pea brain of yours. If you dont like the material then dont pay for it and unsubscribe instead of whining about a QB everyone that follows football knows the guy was CUT!!Maybe Culcasi actually has a life and is on vacation or something. Relax and go have a smoke or something.

So over one error, you wouldn't subscribe? I certainly hope that if you ever are in a management position in life, you are a little more forgiving to your employees. Same goes if you ever become a parent.You KNOW Cater's not the starter, so why can't you look past it and move on?Now about the sheet having Hearst as RB1 and Griffin RB2...... ;)

No, it doesn't defeat the purpose of paying for it. I hate to break it to you but many companies in this world aren't perfect. Many everyday, UNINTENTIONAL mistakes do occur. It just happens. In fact, if you were to look at the financial statements of many Fortune 500 companies, I'm willing to be that you would find a few minor unintentional mistakes that would be on the same level as FBG's listing QCarter as Dallas' QB. And those financial statements are depended on by people who are probably a lot more important and richer than you and I. Mistakes happen. You sound like the one who's 10. :excited:

In regards to the Denver RBs, I've pretty much defaulted to what the official charts have said up to this point. Quincy Carter was just an oversight. When trying to keep up with the details, sometimes the obvious stuff slips through. Sorry about that.

In regards to the Denver RBs, I've pretty much defaulted to what the official charts have said up to this point. Quincy Carter was just an oversight. When trying to keep up with the details, sometimes the obvious stuff slips through. Sorry about that.
I'll make you pay for that oversight come Week 1 Crackah!! :excited: You will bow and submit to your King the Peens!!

Cracker was way to nice in responding to your condescending ###....A simple email or PM letting him know would have sufficed...

Cracker was way to nice in responding to your condescending ###....A simple email or PM letting him know would have sufficed...
I agree. There was no need to call him out publicly unless you HAD sent him an email/PM and he ignored it. And, knowing Shawn, he would absolutely not have done that.Very poor form on your part. :thumbdown:

Had to drop my son off at football practice. Poor form maybe, however a 2nd pair of eyes :yes: should be reviewing everything before it hits the paid site. It should not just be one person's responsibility. Just my 2 cents.

Had to drop my son off at football practice. Poor form maybe, however a 2nd pair of eyes :yes: should be reviewing everything before it hits the paid site. It should not just be one person's responsibility. Just my 2 cents.
:Noted:

:Noted:
In all fairness, if this is to be considered one of the top FF sites around then the information should be correct...Not pointing fingers at all but do agree that there should be more than one set of eyes on the stuff that comes out...The vast majority of FBG'ers are very loyal and are willing to overlook some stuff, but again if you are trying to be the best then the product you put out needs to be the best...Also to be fair, for the content that FBG's put out they should incresase their subscription rates accordingly...Flame on...

Actually, while this is most definitely a simple oversight and is easily corrected, publicly pointing it out may have a beneficial effect. FBG is an excellent site and I'm sure all the staff here are proud of their product, as well they should be. However, when something this simple slips through the cracks, it's a bit of a black eye, as far as any new visitor to FBG could tell. I don't think FBG wants something like this tarnishing their reputation. Publicly pointing it out has probably got the guys scrambling to make sure such a simple error like this doesn't happen again and also re checking things to ensure there are no other oversights.Remember, all of us old hands are well aware of the great stuff this site has to offer. We see Q. Carter still listed as the starting QB and take it for what it is, a simple mistake. However, a FBG neophyte, unaware of just how good this site is, may take one look at the Dallas Depth Chart, chuckle to themselves and write FBG off as one of the many lesser Fantasy Football sites that are out there.Even worse, they may spread the word to their friends. You know something like this, "Hey Jeff! I was surfing the web the other day and I ran across this new Fantasy site. Figured what the hay, I'll give 'em a try. They suck! Can you believe those bozos still had Carter as the starter for Dallas?"Definitely not the kind of word of mouth FBG wants. I guarantee you this post has caught the attention of ALL the FBG staff. No matter which particular FBG staff member let this mistake slip by, I can just about guarantee you that it won't happen again.

Poor form maybe, however a 2nd pair of eyes :yes: should be reviewing everything before it hits the paid site. It should not just be one person's responsibility.
You should volunteer to be the 2nd proofreader. :eek: :eek:

I think I need to explain my frustration early this morning. This is without a doubt the best site for fantasy football. I have gone from a "neyophyt" :shock: (whatever) 3 years ago, (drafted bad QB first round) to a 2 time champion in a 16 team league. Maybe the football guys need 2 depth charts; one for "team listings" and a second for football guy projected depth charts. I would not hold anyone's feet to the fire on a projection. I think if any group could come up with a great consensus depth chart - football guys could :thumbup:

actually, the official broncos site has griffin listed first followed by anderson then followed by hearst. it has been this way for quite some time.

You really check here for depth charts? Wow, I didn't even know that was "paid content", there's a hundred other things I'd rather read for my mone.Of course, I usually use redeye for my depth charts, so I guess thats the same now, lol....

I have gone from a "neyophyt" :shock: (whatever) 3 years ago, (drafted bad QB first round) to a 2 time champion in a 16 team league.
lucky7, I was not saying that YOU were a neophyte. But I was pointing out that everday somebody new comes across this site and THEY are neophytes to FBG.Sorry if my post came across as a personal observation regarding you. That was not what I intended. It was meant as a much broader commentary.

I'm still not sure how somebody misses one of the biggest stories in the NFL of the last ten days, with or without a FBG subcription. :confused:

Hey lucky7,Our apologies for the error. It happens. We'll try to do better and avoid more eggergious mistakes in the future. If you're not completely satisfied you can request a full refund.Thanks for keeping us on our toes. Best of luck this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread