What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't look now.... (1 Viewer)

Fresh Legs guys.I like the guy as much as the next person.. hell I've got him stashed away in my Money League in case he goes off one week, but he's coming in at the tail end of a game with fresh legs against a tired D.

I unloaded him as a throw-in in a trade a few days ago.Because of that alone, he will become a productive FF back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing he ran into his own blocker to knock himself down while plodding into the open field or it might have started a starting RB controversy!

Good thing he ran into his own blocker to knock himself down while plodding into the open field or it might have started a starting RB controversy!
Knock him if you want, but he pretty much won this game for the Broncos. Plummer wasn't doing jack, so they just fed Dayne the ball and he drove it into field goal range.

]Fresh Legs guys.

I like the guy as much as the next person.. hell I've got him stashed away in my Money League in case he goes off one week, but he's coming in at the tail end of a game with fresh legs against a tired D.
Only possible rationalization left. Anderson sure didn't look tired on the sidelines, he looked pissed. You don't put a "scrub" in for the final two minutes of a game winning drive. Dayne did everything asked of him, in crunch time. No way is Anderson secure in the job right now. Spin it any way you want. There's a bunch of Dayne crow eaters come tomorrow morning. Don't forget the critical Anderson goal line fumble earlier in the game. He's done it before. Anderson was just average today. As for the play when Dayne ran into Smith, to me that was more on Smith. Dayne couldn't tell which way he was blocking him (turned out to be straight away) and he guessed wrong on the cut. Nothing he could do about it. He is gonna get a shot at the job by Skeletor, no doubt in my mind.

,Sep 18 2005, 06:04 PM]Fresh Legs guys.

I like the guy as much as the next person.. hell I've got him stashed away in my Money League in case he goes off one week, but he's coming in at the tail end of a game with fresh legs against a tired D.
Only possible rationalization left. Anderson sure didn't look tired on the sidelines, he looked pissed. You don't put a "scrub" in for the final two minutes of a game winning drive. Dayne did everything asked of him, in crunch time. No way is Anderson secure in the job right now. Spin it any way you want. There's a bunch of Dayne crow eaters come tomorrow morning. Don't forget the critical Anderson goal line fumble earlier in the game. He's done it before. Anderson was just average today. As for the play when Dayne ran into Smith, to me that was more on Smith. Dayne couldn't tell which way he was blocking him (turned out to be straight away) and he guessed wrong on the cut. Nothing he could do about it. He is gonna get a shot at the job by Skeletor, no doubt in my mind.
Wow... steep writeup. Mine will be shorter because I don't care as much. ;) Not saying dayne is a scrub... could compete for the starting job. All I'm saying is he's looking better than he actually is due to coming in fresh late. :)

,Sep 18 2005, 06:04 PM]Fresh Legs guys.

You're dead right... I can feel the fear! I'm feeling like a genius right now for picking him up two weeks ago....

The end of that game was a page out of Barry Alvarez's book. I can't even believe Shanny had the guts to call those plays for Dayne -- even on 4th and 1 :o Shows some confidence with the game on the line. Fresh legs or not, Dayne was moving the chains out there.Good stuff folks. :thumbup:

For those of us who called it weeks ago... and picked him up in the last round of the draft... Here's to you! :banned:

Bell's legs were pretty fresh after those zero carries.You can not ignore that it was Dayne that got the call when the game was on the line.

You don't put scrubs in at money time. M Anderson ONLY had 15 carries so he still had FRESH LEGS for a running back. I think Dayne made the offence look and feel a little better when he was in. Anderson had no cut back in his run today. Could it be the ribs maybe, but I think Dayne does have the talent to be decent in this offence. But we will see how it works out next week when Denver plays the Chefs on Monday Night Football. :popcorn:

Bell's legs were pretty fresh after those zero carries.

You can not ignore that it was Dayne that got the call when the game was on the line.
Bell's legs would've been pretty fresh since he was on the sideline injured. You can't really draw a conclusion on the backups just yet.

7 carries for 38 yards. Oh yeah, its a RB controversy for sure. I gotta change my projections for Dayne. This year I now have him for 95 carries 255 yards and a TD.

Bell's legs were pretty fresh after those zero carries.

You can not ignore that it was Dayne that got the call when the game was on the line.
Bell limped off of the field with an injury during a kick return earlier in the gameAnd I must ask when someone is going to throw the Kyle Johnson: TD vulture into this conversation

And I must ask when someone is going to throw the Kyle Johnson: TD vulture into this conversation
Complete unknown? Check!Big RB? Check!

Plays for the Broncos? Check!

Ladies and gentlemen, RUN don't walk to your WW to pick up the next Broncos 1,000 yard rusher.

]Fresh Legs guys.

That poor guy can't get a break. He does decent and gets bashed, doesn't do anything and gets bashed.

Fresh legs my ####! Denver is playing at home, game on the line, coaches job on the line, got blown out the week before, and what RB was in the game for the last and most important drive? Not Mike Anderson. Not Tatum Bell. The Great Dayne was in and they called his number six times. If that doesn't tell you a lot about Dayne's chances to win the starting job you don't know jack about football or sports in general. When it's crunch-time the coach puts the players in that he thinks will give him the best chance to win. It was crunch-time and Dayne was in the game.

Fresh legs my ####! Denver is playing at home, game on the line, coaches job on the line, got blown out the week before, and what RB was in the game for the last and most important drive? Not Mike Anderson. Not Tatum Bell. The Great Dayne was in and they called his number six times. If that doesn't tell you a lot about Dayne's chances to win the starting job you don't know jack about football or sports in general. When it's crunch-time the coach puts the players in that he thinks will give him the best chance to win. It was crunch-time and Dayne was in the game.
Yep and he kicked butt. He came in when the Broncos were at their own 34 yard line. Plummer never completed another pass, it was all Dayne. Ran them to within field goal range.

TATUM BELL 0 CARRIES!

Anderson is starting...nursing ribs...but Ron Dayne is clearly the RB2 on the team. MA needs to have a 100 yd game soon though. I have Dayne in my dynasty league behind Mike Anderson so of course I like what I am seeing.

The fact that Anderson did not get the goal line carry in itself made all mike anderson owners worried, me included. Without watching the game or knowing the specific circumstances (how many carries leading up to goal line pluinge, formation, etc..) Pulling anderson on the goal line was the first sign he was losing shanahans favor. Everyone is right on with the cruch time carries, that is significant. where we go from here is anyone's guess, but for now, I am adding r. dayne. Anderson had been ineffective in two games, the reason why doesn't matter. Bell has been out of favor for 2 years now.Dayne put the team on his back and won the game for them (now that is what I am talking about!! lol). But dayne did lead the winning drive, and as LHUCKS would say, he commands respect

Omagod, this will fuel another fifty Anderson/Bell/Dayne threads this week. I hope the footballguys invested in extra storage for the message board. :lmao:

Anderson has gotten in trouble before with fumbles. The goal line fumble had to piss off Shanny to no end. Hey, Dayne didn't go for 125 and 2. He didn't play enough to have the chance. But nobody can say Anderson looked better in there at any time. At best, this is RBBC now, and if Dayne runs with the shot he gets he could be the man. And Sharks aren't picking him up this week - they already did last week ;)

Nobody believed that Droughns would take over last year either.We're not saying Dayne is going to be this years Droughns, but his preseason average and now regular season average are 5.3 and 5.5 ypc respectively. Somebody's gotta start waking up and seeing that it is within the realm of possibility that Dayne might be good.Thank god I picked him up last week, cause I wouldn't be able to touch him this week.

from rotoworld

Mike Anderson rushed 15 times for 49 yards and lost a fumble in week two. He added three catches for 41 yards.The receptions saved his fantasy day. Anderson was replaced late in the game by Ron Dayne, but coach Mike Shanahan says it was planned because they didn't expect Anderson to last a full game after missing practice during the week. The presence of Dayne and Denver's struggling O-line are major concerns for Anderson owners. Sep. 18 - 8:18 pm et

from rotoworld

Mike Anderson rushed 15 times for 49 yards and lost a fumble in week two. He added three catches for 41 yards.

The receptions saved his fantasy day. Anderson was replaced late in the game by Ron Dayne, but coach Mike Shanahan says it was planned because they didn't expect Anderson to last a full game after missing practice during the week. The presence of Dayne and Denver's struggling O-line are major concerns for Anderson owners. Sep. 18 - 8:18 pm et
Since when do coaches "plan" to rest their starting RB on the final drive with the score tied.

from rotoworld

Mike Anderson rushed 15 times for 49 yards and lost a fumble in week two. He added three catches for 41 yards.

The receptions saved his fantasy day. Anderson was replaced late in the game by Ron Dayne, but coach Mike Shanahan says it was planned because they didn't expect Anderson to last a full game after missing practice during the week. The presence of Dayne and Denver's struggling O-line are major concerns for Anderson owners. Sep. 18 - 8:18 pm et
Since when do coaches "plan" to rest their starting RB on the final drive with the score tied.
That's what I was thinking. It's not like Anderson had 30+ carries at that point.This should be interesting...

Well, you knew the Dayne threads were going to be coming. :P Not a bad clutch get on 4th & 1, was it? I'm not going to get carried away here, but another piece of evidence in favor of the rejuvenated Great Dayne theory. Yes, he was fresh and the defense wasn't, but he pretty much set up that field goal by himself. What this means in the grand scheme of things, only Shanahan knows. I'm certainly not waiving Dayne any time soon though. :popcorn:

From the AP:

Dayne came off the bench and ran six times for 39 yards on the winning drive, including an 11-yard gain on fourth-and-1 from the Chargers 33. It was the most clutch NFL performance for the Heisman Trophy winner.

here is my situation, i may pick up dayne but its hard to say who i want to drop. its between m.moore, c.perry or m.faulk. daynemay have more upside than all of them. tough call what do you think

1-10-DEN20 (5:21) J.Plummer pass incomplete to A.Lelie.2-10-DEN20 (5:14) J.Plummer pass to C.Adams to DEN 28 for 8 yards (D.Florence).3-2-DEN28 (4:34) M.Anderson up the middle to DEN 30 for 2 yards (D.Edwards).1-10-DEN30 (3:52) J.Plummer pass incomplete to C.Adams.PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Pass Interference, 4 yards, enforced at DEN 30 - No Play.1-10-DEN34 (3:48) R.Dayne left tackle to DEN 47 for 13 yards (T.Kiel).1-10-DEN47 (3:12) R.Dayne left tackle to SD 45 for 8 yards (D.Scott).2-2-SD45 (2:35) R.Dayne right guard to SD 42 for 3 yards (R.Godfrey).1-10-SD42 (2:00) J.Plummer pass incomplete to R.Smith.2-10-SD42 (1:52) R.Dayne left guard to SD 37 for 5 yards (R.Godfrey).PENALTY on SD-B.Leber, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at SD 42 - No Play.2-5-SD37 (1:47) R.Dayne right guard to SD 34 for 3 yards (T.Kiel).3-2-SD34 (1:02) R.Dayne left tackle to SD 33 for 1 yard (B.Leber).4-1-SD33 :-)57) R.Dayne left end to SD 23 for 10 yards (S.Foley). <------ were they out of time outs? why didn't they kick it here?1-10-SD23 :-)10) J.Plummer pass incomplete.2-10-SD23 :-)09) J.Elam 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-M.Leach, Holder-T.Sauerbrun.

1-10-DEN20 (5:21) J.Plummer pass incomplete to A.Lelie.

2-10-DEN20 (5:14) J.Plummer pass to C.Adams to DEN 28 for 8 yards (D.Florence).

3-2-DEN28 (4:34) M.Anderson up the middle to DEN 30 for 2 yards (D.Edwards).

1-10-DEN30 (3:52) J.Plummer pass incomplete to C.Adams.

PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Pass Interference, 4 yards, enforced at DEN 30 - No Play.

1-10-DEN34 (3:48) R.Dayne left tackle to DEN 47 for 13 yards (T.Kiel).

1-10-DEN47 (3:12) R.Dayne left tackle to SD 45 for 8 yards (D.Scott).

2-2-SD45 (2:35) R.Dayne right guard to SD 42 for 3 yards (R.Godfrey).

1-10-SD42 (2:00) J.Plummer pass incomplete to R.Smith.

2-10-SD42 (1:52) R.Dayne left guard to SD 37 for 5 yards (R.Godfrey).

PENALTY on SD-B.Leber, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at SD 42 - No Play.

2-5-SD37 (1:47) R.Dayne right guard to SD 34 for 3 yards (T.Kiel).

3-2-SD34 (1:02) R.Dayne left tackle to SD 33 for 1 yard (B.Leber).

4-1-SD33 :-)57) R.Dayne left end to SD 23 for 10 yards (S.Foley). <------ were they out of time outs? why didn't they kick it here?

1-10-SD23 :-)10) J.Plummer pass incomplete.

2-10-SD23 :-)09) J.Elam 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-M.Leach, Holder-T.Sauerbrun.
Maybe a 51yd field goal is little much to ask from the 'ol man these days?

Knock him if you want, but he pretty much won this game for the Broncos. Plummer wasn't doing jack, so they just fed Dayne the ball and he drove it into field goal range.
I thought Plummer looked pretty good.
You don't put scrubs in at money time. M Anderson ONLY had 15 carries so he still had FRESH LEGS for a running back. I think Dayne made the offence look and feel a little better when he was in. Anderson had no cut back in his run today. Could it be the ribs maybe, but I think Dayne does have the talent to be decent in this offence.

But we will see how it works out next week when Denver plays the Chefs on Monday Night Football.

:popcorn:
Anderson was injured and playing with a flak jacket. Don't read too much into it.
Anderson has gotten in trouble before with fumbles. The goal line fumble had to piss off Shanny to no end. Hey, Dayne didn't go for 125 and 2. He didn't play enough to have the chance. But nobody can say Anderson looked better in there at any time. At best, this is RBBC now, and if Dayne runs with the shot he gets he could be the man. And Sharks aren't picking him up this week - they already did last week ;)
Anderson was playing with a flak jacket, which increases fumbles. Don't read too much into it. If he'd been pulled out immediately after the fumble, maybe, but he wasn't.

PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Pass Interference, 4 yards, enforced at DEN 30 - No Play.

4-1-SD33 :-)57) R.Dayne left end to SD 23 for 10 yards (S.Foley). <------ were they out of time outs? why didn't they kick it here?

2-10-SD23 :-)09) J.Elam 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-M.Leach, Holder-T.Sauerbrun.
Shanahan analyzed risk. He thought his chances of picking up the down and kicking a shorter field goal were better than his chances of making a long field goal. Like him or not, you have to admit he has cajones.By the way, everyone, now's the perfect buy low time to pick up Denver's runners. They're going off next week, and they're just going to get more expensive from here on out.

Seemed to me that they were trying to get it a little closer.... 50+ yards is a little tougher than 40-ish yards.... :mellow:

Seemed to me that they were trying to get it a little closer.... 50+ yards is a little tougher than 40-ish yards.... :mellow:
Elam had already missed two 53 yarders, and looked terrible doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread