What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doug Martin Injury Reported Serious (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 13m

As if the #Bucs needed more bad news: I'm told the shoulder injury to RB Doug Martin is serious. Could be out several weeks or longer.

ETA

Jene Bramel ‏@JeneBramel 8m

Rapoport's tweet even more evidence Martin's shoulder injury could involve labrum, capsule. If severe, could be season-ender.

Adam Levitan ‏@adamlevitan 9m

Doug Martin's shoulder injury reportedly serious. Mike James would be better add if TB didn't see CAR, SEA, MIA next: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin …

pick up Mike James!

Last edited by a moderator:
woof add this to my julio and gronk injuries ..geez

probably no one worth adding against either team especially with it being a thursday night game against the panthers. and doubt they do anything on offense vs. the seahawks..

He has good measurables but has looked lost out there when I've viewed his few snaps so far. Still though I think he's worth a look if you are desperate.

If Martin can't get anything going, I don't see much hope with James.

That said, with so few RB options available out there, he's worth a speculative pickup - maybe he can give a short-yardage TD here or there.

Mike James played at Miami with Lamar Miller. He looked good as a Freshman, started to lose more and more touches to Miller once he arrived.

If Martin hasn't had success running behind this line, why would James? Unless James is better than everyone thinks? Plus those upcoming games don't look good at all.

If Martin hasn't had success running behind this line, why would James? Unless James is better than everyone thinks? Plus those upcoming games don't look good at all.
Any starting RB has value in the leagues I play in. I don't think anyone is considering him even low-RB2 material.

I highly doubt James is anywhere near as good as Martin from a football perspective. However, I'd have to imagine opposing defenses will be focusing on stopping the run a lot less now.

Any starting RB has value in the leagues I play in. I don't think anyone is considering him even low-RB2 material.
Of course this is some value there, any starting RB has value. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't put too much hope into James being a WW gem going forward. If you need help at RB, he's certainly worth the pick up. But I don't see him as much more than a RB3 at best the rest of the way,

Added James in the preseason in multiple leagues....and dropped him for more promising rookies by week 4 in every one of them :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt James is anywhere near as good as Martin from a football perspective. However, I'd have to imagine opposing defenses will be focusing on stopping the run a lot less now.
But when one starter goes down, there needs to be a new one. When those are RBs, they all have a certain amount of appeal and value.

I feel sorry for Doug Martin and his owners. Tough year. I liked Martin a lot at the time of my draft but never had a high enough draft slot to get him. I had offers to acquire him reasonably cheap but I kept from accepting. No one can out and out predict injury, but this was pretty predictable when you continue to slam the poor guy into a 9 man box 25 times a game. There's only so much pounding a guy can take.

I feel sorry for Doug Martin and his owners. Tough year. I liked Martin a lot at the time of my draft but never had a high enough draft slot to get him. I had offers to acquire him reasonably cheap but I kept from accepting. No one can out and out predict injury, but this was pretty predictable when you continue to slam the poor guy into a 9 man box 25 times a game. There's only so much pounding a guy can take.
Watched that Bucs game, and the play he got hurt on was actually a wheel route down the sideline, where Glennon underthrew him and he got leveled by a defender.

Of course this is some value there, any starting RB has value. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't put too much hope into James being a WW gem going forward. If you need help at RB, he's certainly worth the pick up. But I don't see him as much more than a RB3 at best the rest of the way,
Agreed, I think James could be a RB3 with RB2 upside depending on the matchup, but you're right in that I don't think he's going to save anyone's season or win the league for you. You could certainly find a worse option in a period with a bunch of teams going on BYE.

Agreed, I think James could be a RB3 with RB2 upside depending on the matchup, but you're right in that I don't think he's going to save anyone's season or win the league for you. You could certainly find a worse option in a period with a bunch of teams going on BYE.
Definitely agree. I just know some on here like to hype up guys. I just don't see much there with James. Now, I could be completely wrong, but I just don't think he's going to do much.

I can't see James being better then Martin, & Martin has been very pedestrian. He is a warm body to put in your lineup.

Add this to my list of hits

Cobb

Amendola

Allen

Wilson

and now add Martin and Wayne from last night.

This is all on one team

Users who are viewing this thread