What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Down 40, need an amazing comeback! (1 Viewer)

ElectricShockey

Footballguy
So my league has a 2 week superbowl, and with Julius Jones on my bench, my players all sucked for me last week. Brunnel, Dunn, Steve Smith, Gallloway, Housh, Randy McMicahel, Giants D (scored a TD and still got negative points). I scored 39 points to my opponents 79. So, I think I've done all I can. I wanted to drop Edge in hopes my opponent would pick him up and start him (yeah, I think he's that stupid) but Edge is "undropable" (ESPN).So, here's my lineup vs his.QB- Ferotte vs. QB - VickRB - Frank Gore vs. RB - Steven JacksonRB/WR - Julius Jones vs. RB/WR - Chris ChambersWR - Steve Smith vs. WR - Anquan BoldinWR- Joey Galloway vs. WR - Joe JureviciusTE - Jerramy Stevens vs. TE - L.J. SmithD/ST Giants vs. D/ST PanthersK - Neil Rackers vs. K - Jay FeelyI think I'll outscore him this week. I know I'm taking a risk with Jones, as Dallas may have nothing to play for but pride, but I know after all the games are played, I still have Jones and he scored 35 points last week. I also wasted a high draft pick on him. So, he provides me with a glimmer of hope. 40 points? I prolly can't come back from that without Edge this week, but I'm goin' down swinging!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see others use a 2-week championship. I thought ours was the only one.So many arguments on here about week 16 vs. week 17 championship. I like this alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see others use a 2-week championship. I thought ours was the only one.

So many arguments on here about week 16 vs. week 17 championship. I like this alternative.
I don't know what he said, but if you are calling the ejection of Steve Smith, a valid call, because he touched an official ... that's weak. It was not like he did anything to try and hit the official, or intentionaly hurt anybody. I don't know what he said .... but I saw the contact, and it was so not a big deal.A flag I can understand, but for grabbing at your arm as you angrily walk away .... an ejection? That's bogus. This is not Terell Owens ... this is Steve Smith, and he was all class walking off the field too.

Over-reaction by the ref, IMO. Ejection was too extreme for the contact.

Users who are viewing this thread