What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator 5.0 is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Dodds,When do you think you'll announce contest winners for freelance articles?
soon. We ended up selecting about 75 (some were things done last year and updated).The CD is beyond words right now. I will start a new thread describing everything on it soon.

Hey guys, looks great so far....I noticed a couple of things I am having problems with:1. When you try to change the colors of each position, it changes the color for every position, not just one....2. Of coarse, the my team problem has already been aknowledged.3. The "clear teams" function only clears the last pick, and if you try it again it does nothing...it does not clear out all the teams picks as advertised.4. Are IDP's ever going to be added? It is going to be hard to use this if IDP's are not projected with the dominator. We even have teams that have kept a couple of IDP's and when I manually add them and give them the DEF title (since we do not use DEF teams) I cannot add them as keepers without it counting against a teams draft pick. For example, I add Ray Lewis as a DEF and enter it on Team #1 with Round 0 Pick 0. For the players in the pool, this works and does not count against that teams pick, but for a manually added player...even if you put zeros, it adds it as a pick.Ideally, I would love to see IDP's added because this makes the Dominator that much more accurate for our draft, but if nothing else, I would like to be able to add it this way with out it counting against a pick. (Geez...why don't I ask for a million dollars already :rolleyes: )5. I can't figure out the hint for the Easter Egg :wall: Just thought I would report the things I am finding and see if anyone else is finding the same things. This is a very nice peice of software....I think it would be absolutlely perfect if you could add the Defensive players to it so it is realistic for those leagues that use them.Great work gang.... :thumbup:

I just downloaded the new VBD and DD. The DD has no player projections, the projections tab is blank. I've tried to import the new VBD and get Error Reading Exel File - Type Mismatch, I'm using Excel 97. The VBD works fine. I've deleted and redownloaded several times, still have the same problem.

The color thing is another acknowledged bug.My Clear Teams seems to work ok.IDP is on the A list. It should be included in the near future.Something is up with Manual Add Player and the Keeper List. I'll look into it.

Question for anyone who can answer it.When running a mock draft, how do I get the DD to draft the right number of players at each position, no more - no less?? Due to roster requirements, I have to draft: 3QBs, 4RBs, 5WRs, 2TE, 2K, 2Def/stEvery time I run a mock, it drafts too many QBs for a few teams, or too many WRs, etc...I tried setting the min/max starters to the values above (QB: 3min, 3max. RB: 4min, 4max, etc), and it does work -- sort of: All of the teams had the right number of players drafted at each position, but many had duplicate players (One team drafted Tomlinson TWICE, another drafted Chris Chambers TWICE, etc)Any help?I figured I'd be able to input my roster requiremtns, not just the starters.TIA

Question for anyone who can answer it.When running a mock draft, how do I get the DD to draft the right number of players at each position, no more - no less?? Due to roster requirements, I have to draft: 3QBs, 4RBs, 5WRs, 2TE, 2K, 2Def/stEvery time I run a mock, it drafts too many QBs for a few teams, or too many WRs, etc...I tried setting the min/max starters to the values above (QB: 3min, 3max. RB: 4min, 4max, etc), and it does work -- sort of: All of the teams had the right number of players drafted at each position, but many had duplicate players (One team drafted Tomlinson TWICE, another drafted Chris Chambers TWICE, etc)Any help?I figured I'd be able to input my roster requiremtns, not just the starters.TIA
You are going about it the right way. The only other thing is to make sure your Number of Rounds is equal to the total number of players per team. In your case 18. I'm not sure why you are getting double hit on some players.... Are you opening a league from last year? If so try creating a new league.

Nope, brand new PC and first time DD has ever been installed on it.And by making the min/max starters in each position like I listed above, it puts a premium on QBs (since the program thinks there are 36 starting every week), so the overall list starts with 16 qbs, so the 1st 16 picks were 14 QBs and 2 RBs (Preist at 1.09 and LT at 1.011, etc)Hmmmmm. Im gonna have to play around a bit and see what I can come up with.Since Ive ran it a few more times, the double drafting thing has gone away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Ok.....Got it.I feel like a moron.I forgot to adjust the baselines to reflect how many starters there are each week (12QB, 24RB, 36WR, 12T, K, and DEF)Its working like a champ now.:JoeT:

Ok, Ok.....Got it.I feel like a moron.I forgot to adjust the baselines to reflect how many starters there are each week (12QB, 24RB, 36WR, 12T, K, and DEF)Its working like a champ now.:JoeT:
Actually, after thinking about this... you can still use Joe's secret if you want too.You want to set it like this:Num Rounds = 18,QB Min=1, Max=3RB Min=2, Max=4WR Min=3, Max=5TE Min=1, Max=2PK Min=1, Max=2Def Min=1, Max=2This will fill the rosters the way you want it... and calculate the VBD correctly.I'd recommend, using Joe's secret VBD Baseline then too.I was asleep at the wheel earlier...

Actually, after thinking about this... you can still use Joe's secret if you want too.You want to set it like this:Num Rounds = 18,QB Min=1, Max=3RB Min=2, Max=4WR Min=3, Max=5TE Min=1, Max=2PK Min=1, Max=2Def Min=1, Max=2This will fill the rosters the way you want it... and calculate the VBD correctly.I'd recommend, using Joe's secret VBD Baseline then too.I was asleep at the wheel earlier...
I just did a mock with those settings, and a few teams still drafted outside the restrictions -- 6 teams took only 1 kicker and took an extra TE(3) or WR(6).Then I set the baseline back to what I had them before, with a little tweak to raise the premium on rbs just a little (per my leagues tendencies), and so far have had zero problems.What an awesome tool. This program alone is worth the price of admission(subscription) here at FBGs.Tweaking and mocking, mocking and tweaking. Im gonna be up all night playing around with it!Go get some sleep, Bruce. You deserve it!

The color thing is another acknowledged bug.My Clear Teams seems to work ok.IDP is on the A list. It should be included in the near future.Something is up with Manual Add Player and the Keeper List. I'll look into it.
Sorry about that....I knew someone mentioned the color thing, but it appeared nobody understood what was being talked about.I will have to try the "clear teams" function again. I just could not get it to work right for me.IDP - ROCK ON!! Any chance it will be ready before Friday June 11?? That is draft day for my league. :gray:Thanks for looking into manually adding players.....On that note....I just want to say what a class act you are. This product is simply amazing and I would never think about going anywhere else for my fantasy football info. Thanks again! :yes:

Great Job Bruce and Co! The part I love is when I downloaded it and then opened it, it had all of my team names, positions and stuff from last year, a definate time saver!!!!!!

awesome as always. :thumbup: the only problem i maybe see is entering keepers is coming up as draft picks.i love many of the new features. love you guys :excited:
Just override the round and pick numbers in the keepr box with 0 and 0. That should stop the keeper designations from being recorded as draft picks.

Something that I notice was, when deleting a player from the Keeper List, it doesn't allow you to highlight it and put it back in the players pool. I know that you have to go back to the Keeper List but when I select the team and the player to put back in the pool, it won't place that player. It starts to putting other players back into the pool.Is there anyway that you can highlight a particular player and place him back into the player pool, without having to reput all first?By the way you were right, this is much better than last years DD and last years was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!Great job again! :yes:

AWESOME!! I just wet myself, and amazingly feel good about it! One more small glitch: When you input Keepers, it is acting as if it were a round in the draft (i.e., in a one Keeper league, it assumes that the Keepers were the first round and starts the draft with the 12th team picking first). I've tried to fool it by reversing the draft order, but it then reverses the Keepers.Regarding the colors: Is it possible to have more contrast in the default colors? As a color blind human being, QB's and RB's are too similar to differentiate. I realize that the current bug will be fixed, but a clearer default would be MUCH appreciated!

I just did a mock with those settings, and a few teams still drafted outside the restrictions -- 6 teams took only 1 kicker and took an extra TE(3) or WR(6).Then I set the baseline back to what I had them before, with a little tweak to raise the premium on rbs just a little (per my leagues tendencies), and so far have had zero problems.What an awesome tool. This program alone is worth the price of admission(subscription) here at FBGs.Tweaking and mocking, mocking and tweaking. Im gonna be up all night playing around with it!Go get some sleep, Bruce. You deserve it!
Ok I tweaked it so it will work correctly.It will be included in the next release.So far I have fixed the following: The "My Team" not sticking, the colors changing the whole grid, manually adding a keeper, the clear team menu button, and Min/Max starters filling out the teams correctly. You guys should see an update sometime today.

Ok I tweaked it so it will work correctly.It will be included in the next release.So far I have fixed the following: The "My Team" not sticking, the colors changing the whole grid, manually adding a keeper, the clear team menu button, and Min/Max starters filling out the teams correctly. You guys should see an update sometime today.
Bruce....you really are the man....On a side note.....When I got to work and fired this baby up this morning...there were IDP's included.....now you agreed with me last night when I said their wasn't...so what the heck am I missing? I am so confused???? :( Anyway....the IDP's are sweet!

Bruce....you really are the man....On a side note.....When I got to work and fired this baby up this morning...there were IDP's included.....now you agreed with me last night when I said their wasn't...so what the heck am I missing? I am so confused???? :( Anyway....the IDP's are sweet!
Yep. It has IDP players. All you have to do is set them to something other than 0.00 for the Min/Max Starters on the File->Setup->General tab. They will show up in the Player Pool, Team Stats, etc. The part that isn't working yet is the Best Value Pick will not recommend an IDP player. For this I need the ADP information for them, and that hasn't been entered yet. But you can still draft them, by click on the appropriate tab in the Player Pool, and then double clicking on the players name.Sorry for the confusion.

WOO HOO I found the EASTER EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pretty cool Bruce and Company!! :thumbup:
On the Easter Egg... I don't really show it anywhere... but you can use the four arrow keys to move your guy and the space bar to reset the play. This will make it a little easier to run up the score. :boxing:

Yep. It has IDP players. All you have to do is set them to something other than 0.00 for the Min/Max Starters on the File->Setup->General tab. They will show up in the Player Pool, Team Stats, etc. The part that isn't working yet is the Best Value Pick will not recommend an IDP player. For this I need the ADP information for them, and that hasn't been entered yet. But you can still draft them, by click on the appropriate tab in the Player Pool, and then double clicking on the players name.Sorry for the confusion.
Bruce....I have been racking my brain trying to understand the "Best Value Pick" feature. I have read the instructions and the recomendation on how to use it...and I just dont follow....do you have any more examples? I really want to utilize this, I just have to figure out how to read it. :wall: By the way...thanks for clearing up the IDP question...I am looking forward to it being added.

Fantastic Tool! Great Work!I am involved in two leagues which award 1pt/60 yards passing (or 0.0167 points per yard) and 1pt/75 yards passing (or 0.0133 points/yard). Since the scoring tabs only allows 2 decimal points I don't think I can enter these requirements. I can choose 0.02 (1pt/50) or 0.01 (1pt/100). I suspect this probably won't will make a big difference on VBD but I'm not sure. Possible ways to address this are:1) Do nothing - the current setup addresses the vast majority of scoring systems. It would be impossible to incorporate all scoring systems anyway.2) Allow for more decimal positions to provide more flexibility3) Instead of entering a decimal value, enter the number of yards per point and have the application calculate the decimal value out to several places.

Fantastic Tool! Great Work!I am involved in two leagues which award 1pt/60 yards passing (or 0.0167 points per yard) and 1pt/75 yards passing (or 0.0133 points/yard). Since the scoring tabs only allows 2 decimal points I don't think I can enter these requirements. I can choose 0.02 (1pt/50) or 0.01 (1pt/100). I suspect this probably won't will make a big difference on VBD but I'm not sure. Possible ways to address this are:1) Do nothing - the current setup addresses the vast majority of scoring systems. It would be impossible to incorporate all scoring systems anyway.2) Allow for more decimal positions to provide more flexibility3) Instead of entering a decimal value, enter the number of yards per point and have the application calculate the decimal value out to several places.
Even though the Screen only shows two decimal places... you can enter more. Close the Draft Dominator. Open up your League File (*.ddf) in the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory with a text editor (notepad). Then edit the appropriate scoring field. For example: QBPassYards=0.013333. Save, then open the Draft Dominator back up.It will still only show two on the Setup screen, but it will use the extra decimal places in the calculation.

Bruce....I have been racking my brain trying to understand the "Best Value Pick" feature. I have read the instructions and the recomendation on how to use it...and I just dont follow....do you have any more examples? I really want to utilize this, I just have to figure out how to read it. :wall: By the way...thanks for clearing up the IDP question...I am looking forward to it being added.
There are several articles planned for the Draft Dominator. These will address this question along with others. They should be showing up an a couple of weeks or so.

First off, great tool - Thanks Bruce.My only complaint, and I had this complaint about last year's version, is that I can't change the projected fantasy points directly. I have to tweak the TD / YDSprojections to get the fantasy points that I want, when I would rather just change the number to the value that I calculate using another method.But it's a small whine compared to the usefulness of this tool.

An incredible tool my friend. I can't believe how much detail on it. :shock: But I do have 2 questions on this process1. Is there a way to add positions? In our league we have a position called 'OFfense/SP' which is used for special team touchdowns and win/loss records. Obviously there is no category in the draft dominator. Is there a way to at least add them in the team data or team stats section?2. I am still having trouble with getting accurate auction prices for kickers and defenses. Been moving the 'User Configurable by Position Rank' VBD baseline up and down like crazy. So I have a question about the dynamic. Right now, the #1 Defense Patriots go for $13. If it ends up going for $28 (which is more accurate in my league), will the dynamic numbers for all the other defenses get increased. Great work guys ;)

An incredible tool my friend. I can't believe how much detail on it. :shock: But I do have 2 questions on this process1. Is there a way to add positions? In our league we have a position called 'OFfense/SP' which is used for special team touchdowns and win/loss records. Obviously there is no category in the draft dominator. Is there a way to at least add them in the team data or team stats section?2. I am still having trouble with getting accurate auction prices for kickers and defenses. Been moving the 'User Configurable by Position Rank' VBD baseline up and down like crazy. So I have a question about the dynamic. Right now, the #1 Defense Patriots go for $13. If it ends up going for $28 (which is more accurate in my league), will the dynamic numbers for all the other defenses get increased. Great work guys ;)
1) Not really. Your best bet is to add the players to the Def/ST tab. Give them a name that you can recognize as being different from normal Def/ST. You can do this on the File->Setup->Projections tab.2) Check out this thread. If you have the historical data from last year, this will help. Auction Thread

Looking good, Bruce. One question (well, one right now anyway): would it be possible (next year, if not this) for the user to be able to set the "points against" tiers for Defensive Team scoring? My league's don't match the defaults - some of them are close and some are not. In the overall scheme of things, it probably makes very little difference so no biggie......Anyway, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Now I have to wait another 6 weeks to get my draft order so I can do some "real" mocks ;)

I have a question:In one of my 16 team leagues we use a modified draft where the picks slide down. ie:1st round 1-162nd round 16, 1-153rd round 15,16, 1-144th round 14,15,16, 1-13etc, etc.We don't know the teams draft order until 5 minutes before the draft. Any way to set something up in the system to accomidate this?

My league implements Defensive scoring a little differently (which I don't like). We also use return yards for D and special teams, INT/F returns, KO, and punt returns. Unless my league is the only league that uses this kind of scoring, maybe you can add that feature. I don't think it'll be that important but would be nice. I'd also like to see a warning pop up if I select a player that has a bye week of another player I already have on my roster. The players name and position would pop up in the warning and I'd have the option to accept or decline the draft choice.

Awesome product first off. I am in a league that has multiple bonus awards based on different yardage totals is there a way to add in more bonus points? (Example: a bonus for every 50 yards up to 300 rush\rec and 500 passing). :thumbup:

I still can not figure out the easter egg. I click help->about. Then no matter what I type the about screen disappears. How about a hint on what I am doing wrong....PLEASE!!!!Edited to add.... I figured it out, I am a slow learner. Thanks anyway!

Version 5.0a is now available.Bruce has fixed these bugs:- Selecting "My Team" is now saved. This also fixed the GameByGame issue, so that it now updates accordingly.- The Setup Colors updates the right colors.- Manually Adding Players to the Keeper List works better.- Fixed the File->Clear Teams menu option.- Tweaked the Min/Max Starters so that it fills the teams correctly.

Version 5.0a is now available.Bruce has fixed these bugs:- Selecting "My Team" is now saved. This also fixed the GameByGame issue, so that it now updates accordingly.- The Setup Colors updates the right colors.- Manually Adding Players to the Keeper List works better.- Fixed the File->Clear Teams menu option.- Tweaked the Min/Max Starters so that it fills the teams correctly.
Wheres the updated version? I didnt see it on the DD download page

hit refresh on the page. It is there.

Version 5.0a is now available.Bruce has fixed these bugs:- Selecting "My Team" is now saved.  This also fixed the GameByGame issue, so that it now updates accordingly.- The Setup Colors updates the right colors.- Manually Adding Players to the Keeper List works better.- Fixed the File->Clear Teams menu option.- Tweaked the Min/Max Starters so that it fills the teams correctly.
hit refresh on the page. It is there.
GDB Aol cookies.I found it.

I just introduced a new problem (the ADP values for QBs are wrong). We will post a new version late today / tomorrow morning. Sorry for this.David

Hey Bruce, Just fantastic work. Thank you. Can we start requesting wish list items? :lol: How about setting up the Game by Game Projection window just like the Team Data window? So we could scroll from team schedule to team schedule to get an idea how the others are making out?

Hey Bruce, Just fantastic work. Thank you. Can we start requesting wish list items? :lol: How about setting up the Game by Game Projection window just like the Team Data window? So we could scroll from team schedule to team schedule to get an idea how the others are making out?
Nope. Too early for suggestions.Just kidding. I'm always open to suggestions. In fact the Draft Dominator is what it is largely due to past suggestions. Keep 'em coming...

Nope. Too early for suggestions.Just kidding. I'm always open to suggestions. In fact the Draft Dominator is what it is largely due to past suggestions. Keep 'em coming...
Does it make a cappuccino?or wear a skirt?

Did someone say wish list items? ;) (By the way, great job Bruce. Whatever they're paying you, it ain't enough!)Anyhoo... my main league uses a distance based scoring method for TDs that isn't quite covered with your available options. Essentially, if it were possible to add at least one more distance variable (TD length of 75+ or 80+???), it would be quite beneficial to those in leagues that break distance down to a finer level. I assume this would apply to the VBD app as well.Would anyone else find this useful? Or is this just a freakish rule? :JoeT: Either way, thanks for an awesome tool!

One thing I would like to see, as a commissioner, is to have a view for Week to Week Projections - very similar to the Game by Game Projections view. After the draft is over, I write up an analysis and try to project the standings and this would definitely help in that respect. I realize that I can currently do this by just changing the scheduling around to get everyone's weekly projections, but it would be really nice in just one view such as:

Week Team1 Team2 Team3 Team4

-----1 PROJECTED SCORES

I know this may not be a wide-spread want, so no big deal, but I can guarantee it would be greatly appreciated by me.

Bruce - you have totally outdone yourself this year. I cannot imagine what you will come up with next year.

Users who are viewing this thread